Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,648

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#86888 Mar 4, 2013
Good morning, everyone. I'm sure glad that OJG has returned. Some of us have kept in touch through our personal e-mail accounts, but it is really nice to get spontaneous comments on the thread, where all could give opinions promptly.

AW, you are making me hungry. Went off my diet this A.M. by eating cookies that hubby made. Sometimes I swear that he does that to hijack my diets. He knows that I can't resist sweets. LOL

Nope, I really like that eye. It's sort of like the pink flamingos people put on their lawns. LOL....a bit retro. but glitsy. Like it.

Abeliever, keep those videos going, including the news about sinkholes....they are going to cause a major problem, I fear.
Roaming, whenever you are up during the night, you can bet on me pacing the floor as well. I would be on the computer but I don't want to disturb hubby's sleep. He says he doesn't mind, but the tap tap of the keyboard would drive me nuts if I was trying to sleep. When our little guy gets a bit older, I'm going to convert his playroom to a computer room. Geesh, when I was a kid, I didn't have a playroom. Never had enough toys at one time to warrant one. I've got to cut back on indulging him. He's very polite and sweet, but I have to remember not to spoil him. So far, so good now in his upbringing.
So for, he believes in family values, and has a Christian faith, but society has a way of warping kids, and I fear for that. Especially the way things are now.
Where is Hempburn. Hope he's not getting bored with us. Haven't seen Imposter around either.
Well, have a good day, everyone, and I'll stop in from time to time to see what is going on. I was telling a friend about you folks and the thread, and she was amazed that a group of online people can get so close. I am a little struck by it as well, since I never had any interest in joining chat rooms, etc. Well, let's stay together and hopefully recruit more 'bird peeps' to keep the thread alive.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#86889 Mar 4, 2013
Partner back on road. Should be in Walton,Ky by 11 a.m. Time goes so fast that vehicle maintenance has been placed on the back burner for six mos. Made some blackberry/ raspberry jam and used as a topping for the cheesecake I made. However, my springform pans keep leaking water from their water bath and the crust...Well yuck is the word on that.I used three sheets of foil, but oh no those wouldn't work. I'm P.O.'d at Partner. Instead of safely slowing down the other day, he keeps going the speed limit and over runs a dog. he didn't stop. Kept on traveling down the highway. I blame his behavior on the parenting, but I can only make excuses for so much and so long. I was disheartened and sickened. Enough on that Love is supposed to withstand anything, I guess. Glad every one seems to be doing well: Nope, AB,Lala,AW, all the other peeps. The sun is glorious and I have a busy day. Blessings to All...

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#86890 Mar 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I sleep really good for 4 hours, then wake up and drink coffee and do things for a couple hours then sleep a couple more hours and it does not matter whether it is night or day. Good thing I am retired and have no schedules to keep.
I have no schedule to keep as well, but even when I worked I came and went as I pleased. Actually, I was the hardest taskmaster than any boss could be...sometimes working 12 hours a day, 6 days a week, when I was especially busy. I did have slower weeks when I could go in at noon and go home at 4. It all depended on the number of patients that I had. I really loved my work and hated to go on disability. Work was not work to me, it was a joy to go. Well I did that for over 30 years, and it would have soon been time to retire anyway.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#86891 Mar 4, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
That same thing happened to us with Windstream. Our phone was so static-filled that we could hardly hear the person speaking. After numerous calls to Windstream, and their inability to fix the problems, we just stopped using the land line for calls, and pulled out the phone so it wouldn't be ringing constantly. We had to keep the landline for the computer, but we could disconnect the land phone and use our cells exclusively. That has pretty much worked out, plus the only people who have my cell number are those whose calls I want to get. No more worrying about telemarketers.
Phone is gone again. I bet the telemarketers hate that LOL I would drop the land line too but I don't think it is very cost effective to drive 4 or 5 miles to get a cell phone signal.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#86892 Mar 4, 2013
Indeed. I have loved computers ever since the invention of the World Wide Web. lol It's something I can do quietly and not wake anyone.
Of course, people in my house can sleep through about anything.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86893 Mar 4, 2013
Good morning bird threaders. I am happy to see a familiar name I missed posting...OJG, yay, she's back.

betty, you are so right about that road and the ignorance of a circle in Rineyville and the 313 extension to Brandenburg was a real waste as well.

AW, I see you are back in Lexington but still avoiding those telemarketers. haha

Misty-eyed, I know that was a short time with you and your partner, now he is off again. I hope he isn't going to go far or be gone long.

lala, I would always jump off a diet for some cookies. lol Right now it is Girl Scout cookie time. I just got my Thin Mints, Tagalongs, and Samoas yesterday. ummmm

"Nope", don't know what to think of that eye, lol. It reminds me of a rupaul drag queen made up eye. hahaha I think I like the owl or bird eye. Just saying. hahaha

Rapid, what's cooking today? Hope you are going to stay with us as a bird peep.:)

Hempburn, Imposter, where are you? We miss you.

I hope everyone enjoys the day. The sun is shining, but still very cold. Birds are out singing like it is Spring though. Won't be long.
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

#86894 Mar 4, 2013
@ AB; Thinking about fried ckicken,smashed potatoes, and of course, Left-over "Beans of Fortune " ha ! and no,I'm not going anywhere, that is, providing "NOPE" don't scare me away with those freaky eyes ! LOL but ya'll will see less of me as the weather breaks. have fencing to do, barn to build ,ect. but every time I feel that I need a little uplift, I wil drop in. ALL of you have really helped me get through the winter ! love you all and god bless !^__^
need to know

Broken Arrow, OK

#86895 Mar 4, 2013
Jesse V wrote:
Government is hiding something.
what are thay hiding
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

#86896 Mar 4, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
It's good to have you back. I have to try to do what I promised Rapid, and change this florescent green eyeball before we loose him, hehe. I'll be back on in a little bit.
(With a different eyeball)....
ROFLMBO!!
Thanks alot NOPE , NOW I'm BLIND ! this new one looks like Dennis Rodman ! MAN , Ibeleave the NIGHTMARES were better ! HA! ha! HA!HA! ha!.....ROFLMBlsO !
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

#86897 Mar 4, 2013
need to know wrote:
<quoted text>what are thay hiding
the Money ???
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86898 Mar 4, 2013
RAPIDFIRE wrote:
@ AB; Thinking about fried ckicken,smashed potatoes, and of course, Left-over "Beans of Fortune " ha ! and no,I'm not going anywhere, that is, providing "NOPE" don't scare me away with those freaky eyes ! LOL but ya'll will see less of me as the weather breaks. have fencing to do, barn to build ,ect. but every time I feel that I need a little uplift, I wil drop in. ALL of you have really helped me get through the winter ! love you all and god bless !^__^
Sounds yummy rapid. Frying in an iron skillet? The best. You are right about "Nope's" eye...Dennis Rodman. hahaha good one.

Summer gets us all outdoors, but late nights we can catch up. I hope you continue to do so, we have enjoyed your posts. We love our bird thread, for over 2 years now. Great people, more love than hate like the others. Look forward to you loving and blessing us all. Right back at ya too!

Have a great day.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#86899 Mar 4, 2013
Word to the birders. Looks like all is going well and even OJG has drifted back. Been spending more time with my hobbies and such. Don't think you can get rid of me this easily, I'm still slithering in the background. Ya'll take care, later.
your

Hyden, KY

#86900 Mar 4, 2013
need to know wrote:
guess is as good as the next.i think the people is not getting the full story.my opinion.its the large debt and no one has a solution or listen to reason.on how to solve it.when its not that big of a deal only if they would listen.its about a 3 day job to solid things up for all and fair to all.
i wonder

Hyden, KY

#86901 Mar 4, 2013
your wrote:
<quoted text>guess is as good as the next.i think the people is not getting the full story.my opinion.its the large debt and no one has a solution or listen to reason.on how to solve it.when its not that big of a deal only if they would listen.its about a 3 day job to solid things up for all and fair to all.
why all those birds did that..
Duckworth

United States

#86902 Mar 4, 2013
need to know wrote:
Whatever it is they are hiding it in sinkholes.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#86904 Mar 4, 2013
RAPIDFIRE wrote:
Sure like to drop in and provide some assistance in the summer and spring. I just know that kind of work would keep me from focusing on things I cannot change no matter how good and responsible, concerned and caring I've been. I set some boundaries now both partner and his mother are mad at me. So, too bad we aren't neighbors. Do something constructive and be positive no doubt;) Hehe. Take a ride on a horse, off into the sunset. Hehehe.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#86905 Mar 4, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>Tired and grumpy but well. Hope you are as well.
I was as well until I felt the sunshine on my skin and the birds sounded happy. Why can't we? Hehe. Menopause and contrary, controlling people won't get me. You have a fine day there...:) Spring is almost here.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#86906 Mar 4, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Good morning bird threaders. I am happy to see a familiar name I missed posting...OJG, yay, she's back.
betty, you are so right about that road and the ignorance of a circle in Rineyville and the 313 extension to Brandenburg was a real waste as well.
AW, I see you are back in Lexington but still avoiding those telemarketers. haha
Misty-eyed, I know that was a short time with you and your partner, now he is off again. I hope he isn't going to go far or be gone long.
lala, I would always jump off a diet for some cookies. lol Right now it is Girl Scout cookie time. I just got my Thin Mints, Tagalongs, and Samoas yesterday. ummmm
"Nope", don't know what to think of that eye, lol. It reminds me of a rupaul drag queen made up eye. hahaha I think I like the owl or bird eye. Just saying. hahaha
Rapid, what's cooking today? Hope you are going to stay with us as a bird peep.:)
Hempburn, Imposter, where are you? We miss you.
I hope everyone enjoys the day. The sun is shining, but still very cold. Birds are out singing like it is Spring though. Won't be long.
65 south shut down aain right now... another five vehicle incident, same spot......

never hated being right so much in my life...hope everyone is ok they saying at least one person was airlifted
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#86907 Mar 4, 2013
betty wrote:
<quoted text>
65 south shut down aain right now... another five vehicle incident, same spot......
never hated being right so much in my life...hope everyone is ok they saying at least one person was airlifted
Partner on his way to Louisiana from Walton, Ky going southerly. I'll check my map. thanks for the info. Some of us are grateful. Sad about all the accidents. Something needs to be done.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#86908 Mar 4, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Partner on his way to Louisiana from Walton, Ky going southerly. I'll check my map. thanks for the info. Some of us are grateful. Sad about all the accidents. Something needs to be done.
I found this on whas11 web site...... seems this one was actually a little closer to etown, exit 94 area.....

here is the link.

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/Multi-vehicl...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Henson Hollow 8 min the truth 4
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 10 min yeah man 6,038
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 16 min Earl 16,174
thieves on 1527 31 min Hahahaha 6
did clements at kc and a parent get in a fight 40 min iwow 1
how is moms cooking ? 1 hr Louann 10
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 3,543
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Uncle Tab 154,358
kC principal injured 3 hr idk 10
The parent who flipped off and threatened every... 12 hr curious 16
Knox parent out of control goes after student a... 17 hr gator 26
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••