Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,677

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

#86823 Mar 2, 2013
Oh well, the "CATS" lost the arkansa game today, they played hard , well most of the did anyway. we won't get in to who did'nt , haha ! just too many turn-overs, period. CaL is doing good with what he's got though. And its not over yet !!! GO BLUE !
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

#86824 Mar 2, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Roll with life that's all we do here on this thread. We try to be kind, comedic and helpful without knowing it sometimes. Most are older folks; some of us have not much longer to go. And I myself have tried not to step on the Ol banana peel too early. Hehe. Just try to be understanding; we all don't have good days and out straight forward responses might sound heckling which quite often I think not. Love our Peeps And remember even in your mind you are never alone. People do care, have empathy and will be bluntly honest on here. Have a good one;)
Amen to that Misty ! and roll on mississippi , roll on !

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#86825 Mar 2, 2013
What a day, what a dayy!!!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#86826 Mar 2, 2013
Woke up at 11 pm with the phone working again and no one to call. LOL
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86827 Mar 2, 2013
RAPIDFIRE wrote:
Oh well, the "CATS" lost the arkansa game today, they played hard , well most of the did anyway. we won't get in to who did'nt , haha ! just too many turn-overs, period. CaL is doing good with what he's got though. And its not over yet !!! GO BLUE !
Hi Rapid, that game really sucked. They came out like they were hungry for a win and then fell apart. I mean, really, five tries for Ark at a shot, those turnovers killed them. Those fans sure gave it to Archie (from Ark) since he chose KY over them. But like you state, it's not over yet, that is why they call it March Madness.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86828 Mar 2, 2013
Seen this on the news. It is even on the National News. Down around betty's way. I hope no we know was involved or delayed. What a crazy wreck:

Six people were killed and two others were in critical condition after two separate accidents across the median from one another on Interstate 65 south of Elizabethtown on Saturday, March 2, 2013.

http://www.wave3.com/slideshow...

Really sad.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86829 Mar 2, 2013
Still no Hempburn or Nope???

Hey lala, misty eyed, AW, and the rest of the bird threaders. Still blowing that white stuff outside. Not doing anything.

This reminded me of Una when I seen it. I think there was some discussion about SPAM. lol

Spam is sizzling again, and Hormel is smiling

Sales of the once-derided 'ham in a can' are soaring. And a new digital ad campaign aims to put the meat on more plates than ever.

It's the canned protein that helped America get through the Depression and fed the Allies as they won World War II. No, it's annoying unsolicited messages in your email in-box, apparently given its name from a hilarious Monty Python skit. No, it's a once-derided mystery meat that's now making inroads with a new generation of consumers and now even has its own spokescharacter, Sir Can-A-Lot...
Turns out Spam (short for "spiced ham") is all of the above.

http://money.msn.com/now/post.aspx...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86830 Mar 2, 2013
For lala,

Three - The Pony

Too cute. Love the Christine McVie song. lol
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86831 Mar 2, 2013
This made me laugh, because it is so true.

You know you're from the South when there's a chance for an inch of snow and they close everything!!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86832 Mar 2, 2013
Hope everyone had a great Saturday night.

Goodnight
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#86833 Mar 3, 2013
while I had my coffee, I was thinking of this:

Well, I woke up Sunday morning
and put on my cleanest, dirty shirt
and the beer I had for breakfast
was so good, I had another for dessert

Probably a lot of poor souls out there this morning just like this. GOD bless them just as HE has blessed me.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#86834 Mar 3, 2013
I looked the song up on Youtube with Johnny and Kris and while the words are not quite right; the meaning is still the same.
people

Broken Arrow, OK

#86835 Mar 3, 2013
okay wrote:
This is absolutely insane. Something needs to be done for those poor birds and fish.
you are wright

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#86836 Mar 3, 2013
Well, a cold morning. There's some snow on the grass and a little bit on the road. Hope to put out more seeds for the birds before I have to head out today.
oh yes

Elizabethtown, KY

#86837 Mar 3, 2013
Very cold today.
qwerty

United States

#86838 Mar 3, 2013
You might be easily frustrated or disappointed today as the toilet and Uranus clash briefly. Don't allow anyone to take advantage of you in this state; if anyone asks you if you can do them a favor, say I don't know; if anyone tries to sell you something, say I'll have to think about it. Don't do anything that will have a big impact on your butt or make any important decisions today. It's better to coast along, doing your job and minding your own business.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#86839 Mar 3, 2013
The snow has pretty much all melted away. DO check for black ice if you have to drive. Putting out the new bird seed, I was nearly attacked by birds! They were hungry and wanted me out of the way. haha!
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

#86842 Mar 3, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Rapid, that game really sucked. They came out like they were hungry for a win and then fell apart. I mean, really, five tries for Ark at a shot, those turnovers killed them. Those fans sure gave it to Archie (from Ark) since he chose KY over them. But like you state, it's not over yet, that is why they call it March Madness.
yep , that was pretty bad, all the arkaninsanions booing archie goodwin , especially with all his family there watching. ahh, who knows ,maybe they were booing too ! glad to see him play his heart out though. if i'd been him,at that last few seconds they were holding the ball, he should have grabbed it ,foul or not,and ran it down the court, just to show them WHAT-FOR ! hahaha! the refs were stupid.
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

#86843 Mar 3, 2013
believe I shall go to the cinema today and watch "Jack the Giant slayer" ..... anybody want to buy some magic beans ?
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

#86844 Mar 3, 2013
@ AW ; speaking of beans, I had some good ole mixed pintos & white northerns with smoked ham hocks cooked in them for supper last night. they did'nt do any magic but they did work wonders !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge hall and tamra sanborn utube videos 8 min More of the same 3
Who will you vote for as Judge Executive ? 28 min Voter 4
Questions for JM Hall in Next debate. 28 min Good read 3
Darren k west coincides defeat. With Bahamas ... 31 min What 10
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr ChromiuMan 131,380
backwards 4 hr Hoke Colburn 3
mary for jailer 7 hr plunk 25
our little oligarchy town of barbourville 11 hr Good read 9
mafia taking care of their own 16 hr Pockets lined 14
Family Court Judge Sat MADD 44