Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,719

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Hmmm

Paris, KY

#86784 Mar 1, 2013
I guess, u have Got ur own click, just like society. Lol, guess I shall forget about asking where cheap bird seed is. I wasn't making fun of this forum, after reading a little bit, I thought hey these peeps are actually nice and decent, but I guess you have to be in with ya. No worries, I am quite use to being alone. Have a nice night anyway.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#86785 Mar 1, 2013
Spent a good part of the day comforting a friend who has a major life crisis, and I think that she is having a nervous breakdown. Prayers are needed.She is living alone (I hope temporarily) in a very rural area in upstate Maine.

@Abeliever: I did take note of that sinkhole in Florida. It's a sad day for the deceased man's brother.

@ Ancient Wolf Glad that you are getting your computer connection stabilized. Keep your lovely lady friend visiting for pizza night. I have given up all hope of being a matchmaker.

Have pleasant dreams, everyone and may your guardian angels guide you through the night. Right now I'm starting to watch the inside of my eyelids. I need to get off the computer before I fall off chair again. Time to take a shower before I start to smell like Una's pooter. Once again, good-night to all.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#86787 Mar 2, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
I guess, u have Got ur own click, just like society. Lol, guess I shall forget about asking where cheap bird seed is. I wasn't making fun of this forum, after reading a little bit, I thought hey these peeps are actually nice and decent, but I guess you have to be in with ya. No worries, I am quite use to being alone. Have a nice night anyway.
Actually, I did not answer because I really don't know where to buy cheap bird seed, but had you asked about cheap chicken feed or who has the best bologna, I would have answered. It is not a clique, you just have to ask the right questions LOL. No one needs to be alone, so cheer up.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#86788 Mar 2, 2013
@Oglala.. Internet seems fine but phone service still won't connect. I wonder if Windstream will be happy when I disconnect from the billing? LOL Let's see, 3 days is 10% of the month.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#86790 Mar 2, 2013
I need a phone since there are a few people out there that are not on topix and care about whether my fingers are still working and rigor mortis has not set in. I try to make use of all the GOD Given tools given to me including my fingers, my ears, voice, and last but not least.. My brain.. Do You?
smell

United States

#86791 Mar 2, 2013
What's invisible and smells like bannana? Monkey farts!
Blueminer

United States

#86792 Mar 2, 2013
Howls it goin Wolf? And Everyone else... It appears global warming has reversed this winter. Im not sure about the rest of the country but our neck of the woods seems to have had a pretty normal winter, temperature wise any way.

Quite a departure from last winter when we were enjoying most beautiful weather from about this time on. And now snow on the ground in March. I'll never forget the freak heat wave of last June and July though.

Have a good day Everyone. I just wanted to post somethin before I got out of here.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#86793 Mar 2, 2013
Well, goodness it's still snowing...If it was colder, we'd be in real trouble. But, only about half an inch of slushy snow.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#86794 Mar 2, 2013
Good Morning Blueminer and everyone else. I went back for some more sleep and woke up to a phone call. It was nice to hear the phone ringing again even if it was a telemarketer. hahaha

It has been either internet or phone, but not both for 3 days now. I guess they finally got things fixed.
Bill

Murray, KY

#86795 Mar 2, 2013
Just got back from Hardee's this morning, and saw about 100 dead birds on Hamilton field on 18th street. What's causing all the bird deaths?
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

#86796 Mar 2, 2013
looks like the sky did fall, not been out yet but looking out the window,seems it fell all over the trees and ground,and on the horses backs. and still fall'n rapidly. by the way, good morn'n ALL !
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

#86797 Mar 2, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Oglala.. Internet seems fine but phone service still won't connect. I wonder if Windstream will be happy when I disconnect from the billing? LOL Let's see, 3 days is 10% of the month.
When you pro-rate the 10% on that bill,be sure and add an " inconvience " charge on there too !
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

#86798 Mar 2, 2013
Bill wrote:
Just got back from Hardee's this morning, and saw about 100 dead birds on Hamilton field on 18th street. What's causing all the bird deaths?
they might have eat the Yellow snow ! lol or could it be NOPE's nuclear fallout ?

Location hidden

#86799 Mar 2, 2013
S133py Loco wrote:
Any fine ladies out there???
Yeah, me. That's if you don't mind a Cougar in the making. LOL Only kidding, only kidding, and only in my dreams.

Location hidden

#86801 Mar 2, 2013
Dang it. I must have a sinkhole under my computer. I almost finished typing a lengthy message that suddenly went poof, and I couldn't even recreate it through 'history.' Oh well, I'll try again, but make it shorter.
Sinkholes are all over the place in states that have limestone rock, which is very porous and dissolves when water runs through the little pockets in the rock. Eventually, the water table drops and 'voila' you have a cavern underground, with a thin layer of what appears to be solid ground on top. As the cavern gets bigger, your house sits on more and more unstable ground, until one morning, you wake up with your house in a hole. Hopefully, you are out of the house when this happens. That poor man in Florida fell into the hole, with the remains of his bedroom on top of him. The problem is not only in Florida, but in many states that have limestone as an underlayment rock. Oh yeah, and Kentucky is one of those state.
Now in New England, from where I hale, there isn't a problem with limestone. Oh no, they have solid GRANITE, which comes in pretty pink or blue hues. But those residents have their own problem. Their houses sit on pockets of RADON gas, which is very toxic and can seep into a house. So, I guess it is 'pick your poison.' You can fall into a hole and maybe go straight to hell, or you become sick with radon poisoning. Mother nature gets back at us in very devious ways.

Location hidden

#86802 Mar 2, 2013
@Hmmmmmm. We are a motley crew here on the bird thread, and we WELCOME new arrivals to this thread. I personally hate "clicks" and would not remain on a thread for over two years if the folks here were like that. Please return and offer your gems of wisdom. As I always say, "The more the merrier." I'd welcome you with open arms, but unfortunately, our fingers are too busy tapping keyboards. Tap a few keys yourself and come on and join us. We talk about anything here, and our 'conversations' ebb and flow like the tides.

Location hidden

#86803 Mar 2, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I tried that once, when we had only intermittent service for a whole month. It does not work. They would just as soon disconnect you permanently rather than pro rate a bill.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#86804 Mar 2, 2013
I hate when my computer does that. Sometimes it's when I am doing an email and suddenly my computer loses its mind AND my email.

Location hidden

#86805 Mar 2, 2013
RAPIDFIRE wrote:
looks like the sky did fall, not been out yet but looking out the window,seems it fell all over the trees and ground,and on the horses backs. and still fall'n rapidly. by the way, good morn'n ALL !
What kind of horses do you have. I used to race standardbreds in the Northeast, but have been out of the business for some time now. Then I had two very fine Tennessee Walkers, but they both were too much horse for me so I had to sell them. I have a gorgeous buckskin mare of unknown heritage, but she's sweet and sensible. I plan to have her trained in the spring. And last but not least is my grandson's Welch pony. He's up in his years, but he still moves gracefully.

Location hidden

#86806 Mar 2, 2013
Bye, folks I'll try to stop in later, when more folks are up and about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need food badly 5 min Need food badly 16
it should be against the law for a woman to drive 43 min common sense 1
city of barbourville 47 min common sense is b... 14
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 49 min ChromiuMan 131,853
Wanted: Automatic Transmission for 2002 Chevy S... 2 hr Still Looking 5
Knox Central 2 hr inquirer 1
diabetic foot (May '09) 3 hr Cory Trevor 8
Porsche mills 4 hr Prayers 17
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Mon Corky 51
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:58 am PST

NFL 6:58AM
Dez Bryant's big night headlines Week 15's awards
Bleacher Report 7:18 AM
Tennessee Titans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars: Complete Week 16 Preview for Tennesse
NBC Sports12:38 PM
Dexter McCluster out Thursday, likely out Week 17 as well
NBC Sports 2:30 PM
Manziel looking for better showing in second start - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 2:48 PM
Titans RB McCluster ruled out of game vs. Jaguars - NBC Sports