Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,654)

Showing posts 73,061 - 73,080 of81,212
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Good Night Rapid and AB and anyone else lurking in the internet bushes.
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

we're still here,so it is good indeed .
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Good Night Rapid and AB and anyone else lurking in the internet bushes.
Goodnight Ancient Wolf.
listen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

I told you once your not my daddy.
Hmmm

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Where is a good place to buy the bird seed? I use to get it at Walmart but the price skyrocketed. And my other issue is, my neighbors kid and his friend have pellet/ BB guns... The really get on my nerves, especially walking behind my house near the creek, that part is not fenced in. Perhaps I can fix another place on the other side of the garage for the birds.
tannerite

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

possible answer to some "booms" ... http://www.tannerite.com/
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

dog/tree and not many posts to view. Guess I will just enjoy the coffee and wait to see what the CREATOR'S new day has in store for us. Still no land line phone service but internet still works.

defence

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

poision

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Well, there's some snow out there this morning...Not too happy about this.
fraud

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Well,giving money to the government,might as well have gave it to the devil.Oh, wait I did.
Sequester

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Today is March 1 and is the day this thing called sequester is to take effect. Does anyone know why they call this sequester? Well it's just a fancy word for budget cuts just like the fiscal cliff was about a few months ago. They use these fancy terms (which most people don't know) just to confuse the common person and make him feel stupid so that people won't talk among one another about what the implications of this are. Kind of like how lawyers use words in contracts and briefs that they write. It's all meant to be confusing.
But just to let you know sequester simply means they will be cutting entitlements and social programs like food stamps, welfare, medicaid, teacher salaries, etc. So yes it is a very important subject however most people have no clue what's going on and will simply be surprised when this sequester happens.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Good morning bird threaders, Happy March...yeah, getting closer to Spring!!!

Cold and flurries, haven't made it out to feed the birds yet, but they are still singing.

AW, glad you got your internet, hope you get your phone service soon. I see you left Lexington again. lol

Good morning belie, I am as sick of hearing "sequester" as I was "fiscal cliff". I am sure they are beating it to death on the 4 randpaul sites. lol

"Nope" I hope you are still feeling better today, I am dreading going out today, but I have to pay some bills and shop for necessities. Wish I had a personal assistant. lol

I hope everyone enjoys the day whatever you do.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

lala, new sinkhole:

Man missing, brother rescued after giant sinkhole appears under house near Tampa

WFLA
A sinkhole opened up inside a Brandon, Fla., house Thursday night, trapping a man inside.

By Ian Johnston, Staff Writer, NBC News
A man is missing after a giant sinkhole appeared during the night under his house near Tampa, Florida, a fire department spokeswoman said Friday.

Jessica Damico, a spokeswoman for Hillsborough County Fire Department, said first responders had been unable to make contact with the 34-year-old man, who was presumed dead. She stressed his death had not been confirmed.

Damico said firefighters were called to the house in Brandon just after 11 p.m. Thursday and said more equipment was being brought to the scene.
She said the scene was unstable and that rescuers had been unable to get close because of the danger.

Damico said that the sinkhole was 30 feet across at the surface, but said engineers had estimated that below the surface it could be 100 feet wide, and 50 feet deep.

A deputy sheriff who was first on the scene pulled out the missing man’s brother from the collapsing house, NBC station WFLA.com reported.

"He basically just reacted and did what he had to do to get that person out," Lt. Donald Morris with Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office told the station.

Dexter Barge with Hillsborough County’s Code Enforcement was also on the scene.

"It's the only one we've seen that opened up in this manner there is no evidence of the structure cracking or anything like that on the outside of the house,” he told WFLA.

County officials said the house was considered too unstable to continue rescue efforts on Friday, according to the Associated Press.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/01/17...

Scary stuff.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Russia still having multiple big earthquakes:

Friday, 01th March 2013

Russia
Magnitude: 6.7

Never see earthquakes on the list for these two states:

Wyoming
Magnitude: 4.0

New Mexico
Magnitude: 3.4

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

This is awesome. I love that people will take the chance to save an animal. Great video.

Helicopter’s blades blow stranded deer to safety
A helicopter used the wind generated by its blades to rescue a deer stuck on the middle of a frozen lake in Nova Scotia, Canada.

The rescue was captured on video by Ian Waugh. The footage shows the deer sliding on its belly while the chopper flies incredibly close to the ice's surface.

The deer and its fawn had been walking on the ice when the slippery surface became too difficult to navigate. The fawn managed to make it to the shoreline but the mother couldn't follow

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/helicopt...
folly

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Abeliever wrote:
This is awesome. I love that people will take the chance to save an animal. Great video.
Helicopter’s blades blow stranded deer to safety
A helicopter used the wind generated by its blades to rescue a deer stuck on the middle of a frozen lake in Nova Scotia, Canada.
The rescue was captured on video by Ian Waugh. The footage shows the deer sliding on its belly while the chopper flies incredibly close to the ice's surface.
The deer and its fawn had been walking on the ice when the slippery surface became too difficult to navigate. The fawn managed to make it to the shoreline but the mother couldn't follow
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/helicopt...
this is a great example of the folly of human endeavors. On the one hand we have animal lovers who are willing to put great efforts into saving these animals and on the other hand we allow hunters to shoot these same deer. Does any of this make sense to anyone?
a

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Goodness
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

folly wrote:
<quoted text>
this is a great example of the folly of human endeavors. On the one hand we have animal lovers who are willing to put great efforts into saving these animals and on the other hand we allow hunters to shoot these same deer. Does any of this make sense to anyone?
Yes, it does to me. God gave man dominion over the animals, even instructed which to eat and which not to. most people eat meat and fish. 80% of the countries on this planet eat goat meat. the very reason why goats sell for over a dolar per pound on the hoof at the stock sales. the U.S. now has too many people from all those countries,so goat sales are up. " shucks " when i was a kid you could buy a goat every day for five dolars. Eat pepperoni on your pizza ? don't eat goat myself,but did one time in dominican republic. Bhaaaaha ! but i do like my deer meat, and i take one every year to fill my freezer ! as do I the same with fish that i catch my self. why buy ? especially when you don't know what your getting anyway . we buy beef at the market thats been shot up with growth hormones, fed who knows what, not to mention all the preservatives and ect. Then they are slautered, then we eat them. thats what we do as a part of the food chain. myself i would rather take my chances on gathering my own food, wheather it be meat , fish , or nuts and berries. Mmmmm nuts and berries ! hope this was helpful to some or all . WE are what we eat !
FRIED PAIR

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

RAPIDFIRE wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, it does to me. God gave man dominion over the animals, even instructed which to eat and which not to. most people eat meat and fish. 80% of the countries on this planet eat goat meat. the very reason why goats sell for over a dolar per pound on the hoof at the stock sales. the U.S. now has too many people from all those countries,so goat sales are up. " shucks " when i was a kid you could buy a goat every day for five dolars. Eat pepperoni on your pizza ? don't eat goat myself,but did one time in dominican republic. Bhaaaaha ! but i do like my deer meat, and i take one every year to fill my freezer ! as do I the same with fish that i catch my self. why buy ? especially when you don't know what your getting anyway . we buy beef at the market thats been shot up with growth hormones, fed who knows what, not to mention all the preservatives and ect. Then they are slautered, then we eat them. thats what we do as a part of the food chain. myself i would rather take my chances on gathering my own food, wheather it be meat , fish , or nuts and berries. Mmmmm nuts and berries ! hope this was helpful to some or all . WE are what we eat !
I prefer fried fish and chicken
toopoor

Sebring, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Hello

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 73,061 - 73,080 of81,212
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

59 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min Khatru 122,859
Thompson Park Boat Ramp 15 min City 3
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 50 min RayOne 138,747
Troy Marcey 56 min Tracy 1
New Family Court Judge NEEDED!!! 58 min Curious Georgia 39
new restaurant in downtown shopping center 3 hr Curious Georgia 31
Corey vs. Collins 3 hr jim 58
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••