Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
73,041 - 73,060 of 81,588 Comments Last updated Wednesday
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
@Hempburn, got this joke in an email and thought of those silly crows you had:
I heard that they found about 200 dead crows near Boston, and there was concern that they may have died from Avian Flu. They had a Bird Pathologist
examine the remains of all the crows, & he confirmed the problem was definitely NOT Avian Flu, to everyone's relief. However, he determined that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with trucks, & only 2% were killed by an impact with a car.
The State then hired an Ornithological Behaviourist to determine the disproportionate percentages for truck versus car kill. The Ornithological Behaviourist determined the cause in short order. When crows eat road kill,
they always set-up a look-out Crow to warn of impending danger. His conclusion was that all the lookout crows could say "Cah", but none could
say "truck".
Una would probably laugh at that, even Big Stevie the jokeman.
Cah HAHAHA , thats funny stuff right thar , don't care who you are, thats funny !
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

global research wrote:
<quoted text>
the Syrian 'rebels' are actually hired mercenaries by the globalist to overthrow the current Syrian government. Don't be fooled by our zionist controlled media. The Syrian government is actually popular among the the majority of Syrian people. The reason the zionists want to overthrow Assad is because he is loyal to Iran. Their strategy is to topple the Syrian government to make it easier to eventually conquer Iran.
If you're interested in finding more about the goepolitical chessboard of the region, here is a good article from a very good website.
http://www.globalresearch.ca/showdown-in-syri...
BTW, did you know some of these 'rebels' in Syria that our government is supporting is actually al-Qaeda?
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/09/world/middl...
Does this seem odd to you? Well, it is because the geopolitical chessboard in the Middle East is very complex and full of deceit and double-cross and you never really know who is whose side and what their intents are. Consider this also, the Israelis and the Mossad are known for posing as Arab terrorists for the purpose of painting the Arabs as the bad guys.
Well I say; ; Gimme back my bullets,,,Put'm back where they belong , Gimme back my bullets ;
Just Wandering Jr

Russellville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

dont know wrote:
everybody thinks different things,some are plum stupid and others a lil more educated....everything that has happened has happened before and will do so again...as far as the birds go,explainable.....but the fish...well nobody knows....some say drilling which is stupid,we dont know so we need not jump to conclusions....thats what causes mass confusion and chaos when a lil something happens....cant wait till 12/21/12...im gonna laugh my ass off.
Well 12-21-12 passed and you still have a big fat a$$
Some things cant be laughed off

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Good evening to my 'almost' favorite people in the whole world!

Anyway, NICE reading today so far! I'm still catching up on the thread.

It's been another good _-_Nope_-_ day so far! Three days in a row?? What the heck is going on suddenly? I hardly know what to think! It's thanks to prayers, you all included, I'm sure. And possibly a little boost from "Centrum Silver: For Women over 50"?? ROFLMBO!!

Let me catch up on the rest of this thread and I'll be back.
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Good evening to my 'almost' favorite people in the whole world!
Anyway, NICE reading today so far! I'm still catching up on the thread.
It's been another good _-_Nope_-_ day so far! Three days in a row?? What the heck is going on suddenly? I hardly know what to think! It's thanks to prayers, you all included, I'm sure. And possibly a little boost from "Centrum Silver: For Women over 50"?? ROFLMBO!!
Let me catch up on the rest of this thread and I'll be back.
Do it rapidly , and if you can't , then eat more centrums ! welcome back . it was a nasty day outside, I tried to take a nap , but i got the " BIG EYE " haha

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Shopping tonight went well. I got more seeds for the birds, and they'll be really happy!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

well internet is back but the phone still isn't. I might raise some more sweet corn this year and increase my weekly earnings all the way up to 12 Dollars LOL.

No gloom and doom for me, it is too close to spring time to be negative and besides 'Jesus knows me, this I love".
control

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Your know bodies boss.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Yes, you are right. I boss no one and no one bosses me. It is good to be retired and I serve only one MASTER.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Have a good night, ya'll.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Hi Ancient Wolf, I see you made it back to Lexington. lol

Did you see where another great actor, as well as a hero passed on. Sure has been a bunch of them this year. I remember my Dad watching him alot.

Dale Robertson dies at 89; TV and western movie star

Dale Robertson, who appeared in more than 60 movies, was best known for starring in the NBC series 'Tales of Wells Fargo.'

He joined the Army and fought in North Africa and Europe during World War II. Wounded twice, he was awarded Bronze and Silver stars and a Purple Heart.

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-...
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Yes, you are right. I boss no one and no one bosses me. It is good to be retired and I serve only one MASTER.
True be it . Enjoy !
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Have a good night, ya'll.
You too Roaming, and I am glad you got your bird seed. I am out of here too. I don't want to use up all my internet all at once. LOL Maybe my morning, I will even have phone service.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Meet Trotter, the Internet's favorite dolled-up dog

The quickest way to boost your Internet fame these days? An Instagram account and a very, very patient dog. Trotter the French bulldog has more than 80,000 devoted followers, and it's not hard to see why: Trotter is owned by photographer Sonya Yu, who shoots her pup in one ridiculously great costume after another — from a Carmen Miranda headdress to a pipe. It's a win-win for owner and dog: Yu says Trotter is so popular that "when we’re walking down the street, chefs literally run out of restaurants to give her bacon." [Source]

http://now.msn.com/trotter-the-french-bulldog...

Hilarious
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Good Night Rapid and AB and anyone else lurking in the internet bushes.
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

we're still here,so it is good indeed .
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Good Night Rapid and AB and anyone else lurking in the internet bushes.
Goodnight Ancient Wolf.
listen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

I told you once your not my daddy.
Hmmm

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Where is a good place to buy the bird seed? I use to get it at Walmart but the price skyrocketed. And my other issue is, my neighbors kid and his friend have pellet/ BB guns... The really get on my nerves, especially walking behind my house near the creek, that part is not fenced in. Perhaps I can fix another place on the other side of the garage for the birds.
tannerite

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

possible answer to some "booms" ... http://www.tannerite.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 2 min LMS 1,032
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 min LMS 130,288
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min LMS 150,045
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 11 min LMS 16,130
Missy Lake 2 hr Question 1
KJB marriage straight from the bible!! Marriage... 3 hr yea right 6
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 4 hr Jealous Person 3,474

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••