Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,721

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86586 Feb 26, 2013
So I will leave some stories and cute videos to entertain the tree times and insomnia. This one is for AW and anyone else who thinks they are up in age. Ignore Arthur, age is not important unless you are wine or cheese. hahaha

Take that, midlife crisis: Study says 72 is the new 30

Great news for the aging-obsessed among us: 72 is the new 30. The Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research in Germany concluded in a new study that humans have gotten so good at lowering the odds of dying that our average life expectancy has risen faster in the past 100 years than it did in the previous 200,000. The researchers looked at Swedish and Japanese men and concluded that these modern humans had the same odds of dying at age 72 that early hunter-gatherers had at 30. The study doesn't discuss how human society might pay for its aging population, or give any suggestions of what to do if you don't live in Sweden or Japan, but it’s still an impressive new benchmark.[Source]

http://now.msn.com/aging-study-says-72-is-the...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86587 Feb 26, 2013
The National Weather Service's Chicago office issued a winter weather advisory from noon through 9 p.m. Central time.

Forecasters predicted the storm, which packs a dangerous mix of wet snow, sleet, rain and high winds, would reach peak intensity around the evening rush hour, reducing visibility and creating treacherous driving conditions.

In addition to the winter storm, National Weather Service forecasters on Tuesday issued tornado watches across central Florida and up the eastern coast to South Carolina.

http://weather.yahoo.com/plains-states-hit-se...

Lucky in Kentucky!!!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86588 Feb 26, 2013
for lala and blue:

Download Sinkhole Data by County
http://www.uky.edu/KGS/gis/sinkpick.htm

Looks like where blue was talking about is a hotspot for sinkholes. Check out all the counties. Interesting.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86589 Feb 26, 2013
Fisherman hauls up 10,000-year-old woolly mammoth tooth

What's that proverb about teaching a man to fish and also find wooly mammoth teeth? "Wait, MSN Now," you say to your computer screen, "That's not a proverb!" Well, nobody told that to New Hampshire fisherman Mike Anderson, who recently hauled up a 6-inch-long mammoth tooth fossil along with scallops and other water ... stuff (we're not big fishermen here). Professor Daniel Fisher, an evolutionary biologist from University of Michigan, confirmed the fossil to theHuffington Post. Anderson said he intends to put the mammoth tooth on display at his dock for everyone to see, and possibly as a warning sign for any invading mammoths.[Source]

http://now.msn.com/mike-anderson-new-hampshir...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86590 Feb 26, 2013
Maybe he should be on TLC: Dog devours 109 rocks on the beach

It isn't every day you hear your dog's stomach rattle. But after a playful jaunt on the beach, Kim Woollard's chocolate Lab, Barney, seemed sluggish, so her husband went to touch his tummy.

That's when he heard a rattling noise, and off to the vet they went. Poor Barney had somehow managed to swallow a whopping 109 rocks (109 rocks!).

Doctors in Surrey, England, found 79 pebbles during the X-ray of his stomach; the couple discovered another 30 at home that had already passed through his system (gross.) Thankfully, doggy docs were able to perform two successful operations to remove the stones, and Barney has made a full recovery.[Source]

http://now.msn.com/barney-the-chocolate-lab-e...

Crazy huh? Silly dog.

14 adorable animals photographed mid-sneeze

If you suffered through enough colds to take out stock in chicken soup and hankies this winter, know that you're not alone. Your friends in the animal kingdom get itchy noses, too — and their mid-sneeze faces are so adorable we can’t help but smile a little at their misery. Bless you, adorable ones. Snot and allergies have never looked so cute.

http://now.msn.com/animals-sneezing-photos-of...

Cute pics.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86591 Feb 26, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you are correct in that. I thought that when I first read up on HAARP, plus it could take out any incoming space objects as well. Just reading that bill introduced to Congress that went no where makes me wonder what else they are capable of doing since it didn't go through I knew they wanted it to stay as the less we know project and no regulations.
Space Preservation Act of 2001
107th CONGRESS
1st Session
H. R. 2977
To preserve the cooperative, peaceful uses of space for the benefit of all humankind by permanently prohibiting the basing of weapons in space by the United States, and to require the President to take action to adopt and implement a world treaty banning space-based weapons.
(II) through the use of land-based, sea-based, or space-based systems using radiation, electromagnetic, psychotronic, sonic, laser, or other energies directed at individual persons or targeted populations for the purpose of information war, mood management, or mind control of such persons or populations; or
(III) by expelling chemical or biological agents in the vicinity of a person.
(B) Such terms include exotic weapons systems such as--
(i) electronic, psychotronic, or information weapons;
(ii) chemtrails;
(iii) high altitude ultra low frequency weapons systems;
(iv) plasma, electromagnetic, sonic, or ultrasonic weapons;
(v) laser weapons systems;
(vi) strategic, theater, tactical, or extraterrestrial weapons; and
(vii) chemical, biological, environmental, climate, or tectonic weapons.
(C) The term `exotic weapons systems' includes weapons designed to damage space or natural ecosystems (such as the ionosphere and upper atmosphere) or climate, weather, and tectonic systems with the purpose of inducing damage or destruction upon a target population or region on earth or in space.
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd...
Sponsor:
Rep. Dennis Kucinich [D-OH10](no cosponsors)
Introduced by Ohio Congressman (now FOXNEWS).
In the bill Chemtrails are listed as an "exotic weapons system". Ironically in Section 7 - Definitions. The complete text of the bill may be found at Clifford Carnicom's website, "Chemtrail Crimes and Coverup Documented".
The bill also addresses such things as particle beams, electromagnetic radiation, plasma, or extremely low frequency (ELF) or ultra low frequency (ULF) energy radiation, and mind-control as weapons. All of these areas have been researched and pondered by those investigating chemtrails and working to gain accountability for those programs.
On behalf of the members of Chemtrail Tracking USA, Clifford Carnicom's Board, Chemtrail Central and the many other groups and individuals working diligently to get accountability, we urge your listeners to respond. Contact government and media, demand answers. If not now, when?
We know what we see. We did not consent. We want it stopped.
To see text of HR 2977:
http://www.carnicom.com/hr2977.htm
HAARP is probably responsible for many things and most people won't even believe there is such a thing about like CHEMTRAILS. Yet someone felt the need to introduce a bill to Congress for the prevention of misuse. Maybe if FOXNEWS ever has a call in program with the ex Congressman we could call in and ask him about this bill. Would love to hear his thoughts. haha Yeah, right. He seen the need to try and protect and was shot down with this bill, we can clearly see why I am sure.
RAPIDFIRE: This bill never left the house. DEAD, never to see the light of the day in Congress. It is interesting reading and you can basically tell while it only had one Congressman supporting it.$$$$$ and secrecy no doubt. There is no telling what the gov't has in weaponry that we do not know about.
DontCare

Frankfort, KY

#86592 Feb 26, 2013
Imposter wrote:
I'm still butt hurt because my friend isn't here anymore. Nope..(NOT YOU TOOTS)..he's not arse deep in Scottsville anymore....although his arse may be six foot deep down there now, I suppose.
He was a short time here and a long time gone, same as the rest of us will be soon enough.
I bet he would have been a fun guy to work with, if a man stayed up wind. He sure was a fun guy to read on here.
Here's to you Una, you old fart.
Good to see you back here, my good friend. I'm with you about Una. He was indeed a free speech topix legend. I'm glad to have had the time I had with him even if it was limited to this thread but definitely lots of good times with the three of us here. Your words are completely accurate.

I hope everyone has a good night.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86593 Feb 26, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
Hi Abeliever my dad's doing well thanks, as am I. I hope the same goes for you!
He is now in the rehab place. For some reason they wanted to keep a cathater plugged in, and he didn't like that. He asked one of the nurses how she would like it up her nose. She left the room fairly quickly and must've talked to a doctor. A few minutes later she returned and removed it.
Hey Blue. I am glad your dad is doing better. He sounds just like my Dad was and would of said pretty much the exact words. I hope he has a speedy recovery. I also hope the progress you made with the family continues as well.

I am doing well thank you.
DontCare

Frankfort, KY

#86594 Feb 26, 2013
Another sad day looms this coming Monday when Dallas kills off one of the greatest TV villains ever, J.R. Ewing. I'm sure Cliff Barnes will get the blame, lol.

“"Who's happier than me?"”

Since: Oct 11

Merry Christmas!

#86595 Feb 26, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
The National Weather Service's Chicago office issued a winter weather advisory from noon through 9 p.m. Central time.
Forecasters predicted the storm, which packs a dangerous mix of wet snow, sleet, rain and high winds, would reach peak intensity around the evening rush hour, reducing visibility and creating treacherous driving conditions.
In addition to the winter storm, National Weather Service forecasters on Tuesday issued tornado watches across central Florida and up the eastern coast to South Carolina.
http://weather.yahoo.com/plains-states-hit-se...
Lucky in Kentucky!!!

I'm the song of winter, I'm the falling snow
Can't you hear me calling you whenever the north wind blows
I'm the cool of evening, I'm the velvet sky
Can't you hear me calling you whenever the breeze passes by

Oh, can't you hear me calling, oh, can't you hear my love
Oh, can't you hear me calling you
For wherever you are, I am sending my love

I'm the misty rainbow, I'm a falling star
Can't you hear me calling you, my love is wherever you are

Oh, can't you hear me calling, oh, can't you hear my love
Oh, can't you hear me calling you
On the day you return, I'll be waiting, my love

I'm the song of winter, I'm the falling snow
I'm the cool of evening, I'm a velvet sky
I'm a falling star, I'm a misty rainbow.

Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86596 Feb 26, 2013
betty wrote:
<quoted text>
86 is glendale, 81 is sonora, 76 is upton, 67 is bonnieville, i think 53 is munfordville.
i also travel down 224 east which goes all the way out to grayson county from upton. you are right, there are sinkholes everywhere. they open up all the time. that part in particular is over the under ground river part of nolin and mammoth cave, whichs runs all the way to the hardin spring area, also gets alot of sinkholes. my aunt and uncle live in hardin springs and they have been throwing old cat litter down the same sink hole for fifteen years. that whole area, greyson, hardin, larue, hart, is prone to them. i cant say i have seen an increase but i can say there is an abundance of them. scary
Hi Betty, how you doing girl. You are exactly right and until I seen that map I didn't realize how many there were. Those are just the ones they know about. I figured they would be mostly around the Caves. Although there are many in this area. Fort Knox mapped them a couple years ago. It is scary.

Download Sinkhole Data by County
http://www.uky.edu/KGS/gis/sinkpick.htm
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86597 Feb 26, 2013
Imposter wrote:
I'm still butt hurt because my friend isn't here anymore. Nope..(NOT YOU TOOTS)..he's not arse deep in Scottsville anymore....although his arse may be six foot deep down there now, I suppose.
He was a short time here and a long time gone, same as the rest of us will be soon enough.
I bet he would have been a fun guy to work with, if a man stayed up wind. He sure was a fun guy to read on here.
Here's to you Una, you old fart.
Hi Imposter. I feel the same way you do, I think lala and AW miss him too. He was a hoot.

I hope you are doing well and not missing the little one too much. They really grow on you. Like you and Una..lol

Have a wonderful Wednesday!!! Hurry back.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86598 Feb 26, 2013
Well, everyone is snoozing like I will be soon. I have to leave a couple more that are my all time favorites for today's videos. You will love them:

For the BIRDS:

Feb. 26, 2013: Male red Northern cardinal fighting with female red Northern cardinal in Kempner, Texas.(© Howard Cheek/Solent News & Photo Agency)

Feb. 25, 2013: A hunter whispers to his tamed golden eagle during an annual hunting competition in Chengelsy Gorge east of Almaty, Kazakhstan, on Feb. 23. Hunting with raptors is an ancient tradition in the Central Asian nation.

Feb. 21, 2013: A security guard is seen creating chicken & goose snow sculptures on the steps of the bank where he works in Hangzhou, China, on Feb. 19. Du Jinqian built a snow goose and 16 chickens with snow from nearby parked cars.

http://photos.msn.com/slideshow/photo/must-se...

Lots of interesting pictures. 101 of them but you can scan through and see the birds at the # above. Beautiful cardinals to start them off...ANGRY BIRDS
too funny.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86599 Feb 26, 2013
For lala, all dog and horse lovers...

Cute Golden Retriever Loves to Listen to Guitar

When his owner plays guitar, this cute Golden Retriever does the cutest thing! He bops his head along to the music and hates it when the music stops. This doggy really loves music

http://www.godvine.com/Dog-Loves-to-Listen-to...

I love that dog. Too cute.

Retired racehorse making mark as an artist

A Gettysburg couple adopted a racehorse when his career ended. Now, Metro is getting attention as a not so starving artist with his own Facebook page and website.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/retire...

This one is awesome. I loved it.

So I hope you enjoyed the videos. Hope to catch you all tomorrow. Have a blessed night.

Goodnight!

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#86600 Feb 26, 2013
yo dude

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#86601 Feb 26, 2013
RAPIDFIRE wrote:
<quoted text> ...... but seriously, if your eye turns a blinding florescent green ; then I'M gett'n out a here !....man
Just for you, RapidFire!! The "florescent green eye".

BUT PLEASE, don't go anywhere because of it!! ROFLMBO!! I can change this one out too if it freaks you out, haha!

I've got plenty of spare 'eyeballs' in my stash!!

<<winkin' and blinkin'>>
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#86602 Feb 27, 2013
Internet has been down, now see where Topix thinks I am besides out using the dog's tree.
so true

Morgantown, KY

#86603 Feb 27, 2013
Morning, hope all is well ... A really early one for me , this motor never stops dont guess..

Too.. My People, who I dont have to travel , to find. Found thru my screen... Blessings..

My people? Who are they?
I went into the church where the congregation
Worshiped my God. Were they my people?
I felt no kinship to them as they knelt there.

My people! Where are they?
I went into the land where I was born,
Where men spoke my language...
I was a stranger there.
"My people," my soul cried. "Who are my people?"

Last night in the rain I met an old man
Who spoke a language I do not speak,
Which marked him as one who does not know my God.
With apologetic smile he offered me
The shelter of his patched umbrella.
I met his eyes... And then I knew…

'Who Are My People,'
by Rosa Zagnoni Marinoni

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#86605 Feb 27, 2013
It's been an interesting day. Already! I have a colony of birds camped out. They want more seeds! I have to run to the store...
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#86606 Feb 27, 2013
I saw a cute church sign yesterday. It read: "Even Moses was once a basket case".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
German shepard 1 hr doggy 2
Porsche mills 2 hr sad days 25
barbourville affordabe funeral home (Oct '08) 3 hr someone who knows 109
jeff vaughn not dories jeff violas jeff is a rat 4 hr Junes son Jeff Va... 4
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 hr havent forgotten 131,904
How many kindergarten teachers at Lay? 7 hr question 11
terry smith from the creek 8 hr wondering 4
To the Garland family 11 hr Friend 5
what happen on the creek ambulances an law is u... Fri Get a life 8
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) Fri billy 183
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:09 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 2:09PM
RT Eric Winston quickly settling in with Bengals
NBC Sports 3:14 PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Broncos vs. Bengals: TV Info, Spread, Injury Updates, Game Time and More
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
NBC Sports11:17 AM
Peyton Manning officially questionable for Monday night