Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,721

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Blueminer

United States

#86562 Feb 26, 2013
Continuing, those sink holes are not super deep, though some look to be ten or twelve feet. They are in a fairly tight group, I would guess along a half mile stretch. I would definitely say sink hole watch for I65 in that area.

I wonder if they would show up on google earth. Does anyone know how often G/E is updated?

If anyone notices said sink holes and cares to email me with what you see-bill42164@yahoo.com. I might miss discussion here on them. I'll try to google earth and see if I can pinpoint the location.
Blueminer

United States

#86563 Feb 26, 2013
Hi Abeliever my dad's doing well thanks, as am I. I hope the same goes for you!

He is now in the rehab place. For some reason they wanted to keep a cathater plugged in, and he didn't like that. He asked one of the nurses how she would like it up her nose. She left the room fairly quickly and must've talked to a doctor. A few minutes later she returned and removed it.
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

#86564 Feb 26, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
Hello Everybody!
For those of you that trave I65 south of
E-town check this out. South of mile marker 81 north of mm 53 on the west side of the big road there are several sink holes vislble.
All within a few hundred yards of the hiway.
I wish I could be more exact on the location but can't remember. It could be a bit further south.
I don't believe they were there prior to June 2011. Since september I believe more have appeared. Since that is in the cave arrea it's no big deal, other than being so close to the big road...TBC
I used to do some work over in the cave city area north of bowlingreen.there's always been sinkholes in that area. mostly because of the caves you mentioned. ky is actually one big cave system. seen one sinkhole in a parking lot next to ky fried chicken with a car in it. this was back in the 80's. also talked with local farmers that had incidents with even cattle falling through them. but seems like there's alot more lately and more often. maybe it's not the earth sinking, I myself think the sky is falling !!!
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#86565 Feb 26, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
Hello Everybody!
For those of you that trave I65 south of
E-town check this out. South of mile marker 81 north of mm 53 on the west side of the big road there are several sink holes vislble.
All within a few hundred yards of the hiway.
I wish I could be more exact on the location but can't remember. It could be a bit further south.
I don't believe they were there prior to June 2011. Since september I believe more have appeared. Since that is in the cave arrea it's no big deal, other than being so close to the big road...TBC
86 is glendale, 81 is sonora, 76 is upton, 67 is bonnieville, i think 53 is munfordville.

i also travel down 224 east which goes all the way out to grayson county from upton. you are right, there are sinkholes everywhere. they open up all the time. that part in particular is over the under ground river part of nolin and mammoth cave, whichs runs all the way to the hardin spring area, also gets alot of sinkholes. my aunt and uncle live in hardin springs and they have been throwing old cat litter down the same sink hole for fifteen years. that whole area, greyson, hardin, larue, hart, is prone to them. i cant say i have seen an increase but i can say there is an abundance of them. scary
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#86566 Feb 26, 2013
i will try and remember to look in the morning on the way to work. i usually take 31w south cause i cant stand the highway, plus stretch between sonora and upton is a death trap, seriously, who decided to put that many curbs in an interstate in a two mile stretch. but i can just as easily go that way, will just have to make sure carrie underwood is on so jesus can take the wheel.
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

#86567 Feb 26, 2013
HEY , ya'll wake up, the sky is falling ! the SKY is falling ! the SKY is FALLing ! go out and look, the sky's falling .
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

#86568 Feb 26, 2013
nah , its not really ......HA ha , made you look !

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#86569 Feb 26, 2013
Belie wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope is likely a high level topix manager. He/she is very good at managing and directing the flow of conversation here.
Most certainly not, hehe. If I was high level anything at all, I can assure you that I'd not have this stack of medical bills sitting here freaking me out right now, honey. No, I'm not 'high level' anything, unless being a realist is on that list of 'levels'. Well, on second thought, perhaps I'm high level medical maintenance. I'd imagine that's why my medical insurance is pure crap and so outrageously reliable for not covering jack squat.
<<wink wink>>

OH, and whoever it was that asked about my new eye: I bore easily and change it often. But you know that already, LOL! Unless I suppose there's another Illuminati conspiracy at play here on my part, right?? Have mercy....
(What out, Rapid. I THINK I DO have a florescent green one in my files somewhere, hehe)!!
<<wink wink again>>

Glad to hear your dear Dad is okay, Blue. And to everyone else, so nice to read your updates as always!!

AB, I see what you mean about those negative judge its. Not hard at all to figure out who it is that comes in here doing it. You just have to be watchful for a few days and you've got them pegged. Oh well, such a waste of time chasing people around like that.

Once more and in case no one has told you lately, you're ALL appreciated!! I'm going to log off again now. I'm getting tired after just having a marvelous dinner and cleaning up afterward!! Grilled a steak outside with asparagus and a side of roasted portobello mushrooms and onions. Even had a bite of dessert. YUM!! All these critters that the Lord gave me to care for and love are cozy and happy with full tummies too. So God bless and keep you all safe and warm until we chat again!!
<3

_-_Nope_-_
MAD

Winchester, KY

#86570 Feb 26, 2013
RAPIDFIRE wrote:
<quoted text> thanks for the feedback . I have another question. as abeliever stated the space preservation act of 2001 laws protect us from our selves. what is protecting us from another country sending a couple of EMP's off a cargoship (for example) into our atmosphere and taking out all our satalites, which in turn would take out our power grids,computer systems,ect. It would send us back to the stone age seems to me.
the only thing preventing nuclear/EMP attack is MAD...Mutually Assured Destruction
qwerty

United States

#86573 Feb 26, 2013
RAPIDFIRE wrote:
nah , its not really ......HA ha , made you look !
I spent an hour out in the cold for nothing? Damn your smooth :-)
Imposter

London, KY

#86576 Feb 26, 2013
I'm still butt hurt because my friend isn't here anymore. Nope..(NOT YOU TOOTS)..he's not arse deep in Scottsville anymore....although his arse may be six foot deep down there now, I suppose.
He was a short time here and a long time gone, same as the rest of us will be soon enough.
I bet he would have been a fun guy to work with, if a man stayed up wind. He sure was a fun guy to read on here.
Here's to you Una, you old fart.
lil sparky

AOL

#86577 Feb 26, 2013
birds fall from the heavens ,...
sink holes under foot
idiots in charge of the nation ,....
maybe these are the END TIMES
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

#86578 Feb 26, 2013
MAD wrote:
<quoted text>
the only thing preventing nuclear/EMP attack is MAD...Mutually Assured Destruction
but what about an extremist leader that would invite armagadden ?
sweet

Revere, MA

#86579 Feb 26, 2013
agree

“"Who's happier than me?"”

Since: Oct 11

Merry Christmas!

#86580 Feb 26, 2013
Generation X am I! The restless ones, forever searching for the promise...The promise of utopia? Sometimes in my dreams I reach the gates and my spirit gives rise, and just as I move to enter...Oh!crap the sound of daylight, d@mn!

Why does night last forever and time slows, the agony waiting for sleep to come, and then as it appears, in comes the sun.

I love you sun! Your like a father to me, your rays
strengthen me for what work lays ahead, but
afternoon is a plague to me, my eyes get heavy what game are you playing? Not now! Not now! Tonight! Tonight!
"I cry"!

I must admit it's evening that stirs my soul, and the old traveling urge arrives, that distant train whistle, makes me what to run, but my youth is gone..My youth.is gone!

So I settle back and watch as the clouds all puffed, and toasted orange sink slowly behind the mountains Oh! Evening your are hard to beat!
I do love you so!

Generation X the things I've gave witness to, are forever etched in my soul!
Modern miracles creations of man! Yet no UTOPIA?
Why?
The promise no one recall? Night is here the creatures are begin to stir, causing one imagination to heighten!!!
Maybe this will be the night sleep will come...my dreams will carry me...to my utopia!

PEACE,LOVE AND HAPPINESS!
TOFY
coal abner

AOL

#86581 Feb 26, 2013
we should disarm immediately and surrender to Iran & china ,..

that way ,
the money saved can go to our poor people ,..

so they can get more free food
free housing
and free health insurance ,..

and they should be able to have as many children as they wish ,..
and need not ever work ,..
vote democrat !
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

#86582 Feb 26, 2013
Imposter wrote:
I'm still butt hurt because my friend isn't here anymore. Nope..(NOT YOU TOOTS)..he's not arse deep in Scottsville anymore....although his arse may be six foot deep down there now, I suppose.
He was a short time here and a long time gone, same as the rest of us will be soon enough.
I bet he would have been a fun guy to work with, if a man stayed up wind. He sure was a fun guy to read on here.
Here's to you Una, you old fart.
have to agree ; una was funny. made me laugh alot. will miss his lines.

“"Who's happier than me?"”

Since: Oct 11

Merry Christmas!

#86583 Feb 26, 2013
I took shelter in a small cave, way back in the mountains, so far away you could hear no sound of the civilized world.

Wind gentle making tree limbs tremble as if they were
nervous. Perhaps they were?
I built a small fire and the cave was warm and peace came over me.

I looked at he walls of the cave and wondered who was here before I? I began to play, I took my bowie knife and stabbed the dirt around me...And shockingly something flip up from the ground, I wish I could have seen my face?

Arrowhead!.shaped to perfection, Sharpe after how long? Proud was I to hold such a work of art! Wow! Could I do that I thought? As I ready for bed, a quick peek outside to check the weather.

A light snow fell with tenderness through the pines, but I was warm and sleep came to me, happiness in the simplest form!

Just a man, in a cave, with fire! And his prize arrowhead a gift from the ancient ones, for my the LOVE of the world, as it should be!

PEACE
TOFY
qwerty

United States

#86584 Feb 26, 2013
With your mind focused on melting your cheese, toast should be quite lucrative. In fact, with soup urging you on, you can get quite a bit accomplished, if your friends don't persuade you to order out instead! Set your priorities so that once you have eaten your bowls you can relax and enjoy the company of your favorite people.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86585 Feb 26, 2013
Johnny Cash was born 81 years ago today

ohnny Cash-Walk The Line

Ring of Fire Johnny Cash
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Hello birdthreaders, I didn't miss much I see. I thought I would start out with two of Johnny's songs as his Birthday comes to an end.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
German shepard 23 min doggy 2
Porsche mills 27 min sad days 25
barbourville affordabe funeral home (Oct '08) 1 hr someone who knows 109
jeff vaughn not dories jeff violas jeff is a rat 2 hr Junes son Jeff Va... 4
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr havent forgotten 131,904
How many kindergarten teachers at Lay? 5 hr question 11
terry smith from the creek 7 hr wondering 4
To the Garland family 10 hr Friend 5
what happen on the creek ambulances an law is u... 22 hr Get a life 8
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:09 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 2:09PM
RT Eric Winston quickly settling in with Bengals
NBC Sports 3:14 PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Broncos vs. Bengals: TV Info, Spread, Injury Updates, Game Time and More
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
NBC Sports11:17 AM
Peyton Manning officially questionable for Monday night