Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,789

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#86453 Feb 24, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but 2 people eat twice as much, have twice as many kids with their hands out, and twice as many places to go at $3.89 a gallon, use twice as much utilities and neither has even 1/2 the freedom they now enjoy... so it is a wash and the only winners are the dog and the chickens LOL
Your reasoning is flawed. LOL. Not twice as many utilities. You heat with your woodstove and keep some lights on, I suppose. So how is that twice the cost. I contend that it would cost you half the cost. Two can eat as cheaply as one, if you plan your meals correctly. You both have the same number of kids as before, so how is it twice the number of hands out. That cancels each other out. Besides, you have mentioned how proud you are of your independent kids. I'm sure that they don't have their hands out. As for having more kids, I don't think that is possible with a couple of folks old enough to collect social security. Unless....you have robbed the cradle, which I highly doubt. LOL. And if Our Creator granted you and your lady a miracle, and a child was born, how wealthy you would be, just from the publicity. My final point,(are you waiting for this one?) You and your lady can be best friends. Hubby and I are best friends, and look how that worked out!!We've been exclusively together since 1976, and were married in 1980. You can do the math and decide if that was successful.(Don't ask hubby, he might say otherwise). LOL There is only one catch. In order to keep your present level of social security, you couldn't get married. Old Uncle Sam would make an adjustment for that. But, then again, people have been living together without the formality of marriage, for a very long time. I'm sure that Our
Creator would understand. LOL Now, don't get angry, I am saying this only in jest, but I am a hopeless romantic.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#86454 Feb 24, 2013
hello

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#86455 Feb 24, 2013
Sorry that I posted twice. My mistake. Good-night all, and have pleasant dreams. May your Guardian Angel see you through the night.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#86456 Feb 24, 2013
Just another lovely day!
local weed

AOL

#86457 Feb 24, 2013
sweep up all the melt/fallout grit ,..
and feed it to one of wolfys chikens ,...
and then tell us what happens !
translation

Winchester, KY

#86458 Feb 24, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Your reasoning is flawed. LOL. Not twice as many utilities. You heat with your woodstove and keep some lights on, I suppose. So how is that twice the cost. I contend that it would cost you half the cost. Two can eat as cheaply as one, if you plan your meals correctly. You both have the same number of kids as before, so how is it twice the number of hands out. That cancels each other out. Besides, you have mentioned how proud you are of your independent kids. I'm sure that they don't have their hands out. As for having more kids, I don't think that is possible with a couple of folks old enough to collect social security. Unless....you have robbed the cradle, which I highly doubt. LOL. And if Our Creator granted you and your lady a miracle, and a child was born, how wealthy you would be, just from the publicity. My final point,(are you waiting for this one?) You and your lady can be best friends. Hubby and I are best friends, and look how that worked out!!We've been exclusively together since 1976, and were married in 1980. You can do the math and decide if that was successful.(Don't ask hubby, he might say otherwise). LOL There is only one catch. In order to keep your present level of social security, you couldn't get married. Old Uncle Sam would make an adjustment for that. But, then again, people have been living together without the formality of marriage, for a very long time. I'm sure that Our
Creator would understand. LOL Now, don't get angry, I am saying this only in jest, but I am a hopeless romantic.
translation: wolf is a grumpy old cheapskate who is content to live lone because he knows no woman could ever stand to live with him
local weed

AOL

#86459 Feb 24, 2013
under obama care

i wonder just how long it will take for the government to regulate and eventual ban people from driving motorcycles , climbing mountains and restricting other so called 'dangerous 'spots and recreation activities?
Hmm

Paris, KY

#86461 Feb 24, 2013
Rolling on the River wrote:
hello
Hello ! How are you doing? Rolling on the river....got that tune in my head now! Alabama
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86462 Feb 24, 2013
Good Monday morning to you all. I hope you enjoyed our beautiful day. I did.

Checking on the earthquakes a little earlier before checking in here and I found a couple Madrid Fault states up a little in the magnitude:

Sunday, 24th February 2013
Arkansas
Magnitude: 2.0

Texas,
Magnitude: 2.4

Missouri,
Magnitude: 1.7

Alaska
Magnitude: 5.2

Japan
Magnitude: 5.6

New Zealand
Magnitude: 5.4

France
Magnitude: 4.0

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php

Check out the storm on the US map coming our way. I got home and looked up to see how beautiful the star filled sky was and the full moon shining so bright and Lord and behold I seen planes zipping back and forth and could even see the chemtrails the sky is so clear and bright. Hmmmmmmmmm
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86463 Feb 24, 2013
lala, no update since the 20th on the sinkhole in La. But I found some interesting articles about ALL the sinkholes that have been appearing around the world for over a year now:

Sinkhole on major NJ highway damages 18 cars

Sinkhole Opens Up On Garden State ParkwayCBS-Newyork 2:06 (video)

WOODBRIDGE, N.J.(AP)— A sinkhole on a major New Jersey highway has blown tires on 18 vehicles.
The sinkhole was discovered around 6 a.m. Thursday in the right lane of the Garden State Parkway southbound in Woodbridge.

Two lanes had been closed while a temporary fix was made, causing a backup. They were reopened around 4:45 p.m. Thursday.

The New Jersey Turnpike Authority oversees the parkway. Turnpike authority spokesman Tom Feeney says engineers are trying to figure out the cause. He says possibilities include failure of a nearby culvert or collapsed drainpipes under the road.
Feeney says a permanent fix will be made with work at night and on weekends.

http://news.yahoo.com/sinkhole-major-nj-highw...

and this one:

2013 Update on Giant Sinkholes: Huge New Sinkholes, Media News Blackout An Issue
February 6, 2013

It’s a worldwide phenomenon which has been accelerating each year for nearly a decade now:
giant sinkholes. In fact, I could literally spend days on end posting the newest photos from all over the world of the newest giant sinkholes, aka “Fabian Pits” which have opened up in 2012. Instead I posted just a few.

This is a HUGE news story on several fronts: public safety, geology, weather, and climate change, for starters. So what kind of stupor is the MSM in, that they are not covering this story? Have a look at some incredible photos and videos of the many huge sinkholes which are appearing all around the world:

2012 has been a jaw dropper for sudden and inexplicable new earth changes. Monster sink-holes are appearing the world, more unnerving mass animal deaths are taking place, hurricane Sandy shattered all records for northern East Coast US storm damage, the summer drought of 2012 ravaged crops and withered the central plains of the American Midwest.

continued:
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86465 Feb 24, 2013
22 strange (but adorable) pets that could be yours

If adopting a cute cocker spaniel seems too cliché and you think a pet should enhance your image, this gallery of odd and exotic pets will give you a few ideas. Nothing says "quirky" like escorting a bear down the street. Looking for something more playful? How about this pair of naughty lion cubs?

And yes, a Tasmanian devil will certainly give folks a peek at your mischievous side. Just remember: If you get yourself a hard-partying kangaroo like the beer-swilling guy featured above, don't be surprised when all your buddies show up for happy hour.

http://now.msn.com/exotic-pets-a-photo-galler...

Really Cute Animals


Hope they brought a smile to you.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86466 Feb 24, 2013
Boats Second Class wrote:
<quoted text> Well, LASS or LADDY! I haven't seen a dead bird yet! I've seen skunks,squirrels dead, but, not a single bird. So,enlighten me?
One, it is mam' to you, two you wouldn't have seen a dead bird here if they were still falling dead, which they are not. The title of the thread you clicked on should have given you a clue as to what the title of this thread was. Since this was started in Jan 2011 the subject has changed due to no more birds dropping dead in Kentucky. Is that enlightenment enough for you. If you don't want to join in a conversation why bother dropping in with stupid questions. It really is as simple as that!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#86467 Feb 24, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
22 strange (but adorable) pets that could be yours
If adopting a cute cocker spaniel seems too cliché and you think a pet should enhance your image, this gallery of odd and exotic pets will give you a few ideas. Nothing says "quirky" like escorting a bear down the street. Looking for something more playful? How about this pair of naughty lion cubs?
And yes, a Tasmanian devil will certainly give folks a peek at your mischievous side. Just remember: If you get yourself a hard-partying kangaroo like the beer-swilling guy featured above, don't be surprised when all your buddies show up for happy hour.
http://now.msn.com/exotic-pets-a-photo-galler...
Really Cute Animals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =JlezOeXGt4cXX
Hope they brought a smile to you.
Daughter and I really loved the little yelping puppy. It so was trying to speak;) Hehe.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86468 Feb 24, 2013
Syl wrote:
<quoted text>Not been here for some time. I went to the movie last night and it brought this thread back to mind. The movie was "Dark Skies" A very good movie if you like scary one . It had "The Grays" from UFO'S visitations, dead falling birds, secret government experiments. I think some movie producer has taken all the strange going on's and made them into a very scary movie. See the trailer. Type in "Dark Skies"
Wish you could have that strange substance analyzed to see what it was. Do you have some of it yet?
Hi Syl, welcome back. I have wanted to see it since I seen the previews and the birds crashing into the window in the scene with Keri Russell. It looks on the edge of your seat creepy. It is playing nearby and might add that to the list to watch. Or wait until it comes to netflex or one of my family members buy it. They buy everything when they come out. I will post the trailor I watched on it for others who may not know what it is.

As for the substance, around here there have been a few that were talking about some strange "webby thingyies" coming from the sky where they chemspray. It attaches itself to the tree or fence lines and on bushes. Nothing in the news about it though. I haven't seen anything like that, but I haven't really looked either. I do know they have chemspraying in this area and it is not airplanes out of Louisville or Fort Knox. lala's stuff may not have anything to do with chemspraying and even if she hasn't seen them do it I know they have done it close enough to her for the wind etc to have blown it there.

"Dark Skies"
Dark Skies Official Trailer #1 (2013)- Keri Russell Movie HD


‘Dark Skies’ Review
http://screenrant.com/dark-skies-reviews-movi...

Smart psychological thriller ‘Dark Skies’ spotlights America’s eroding domestic bliss

Hope you have a great week!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86469 Feb 24, 2013
I had a full day of fun, fresh air, riding, card playing, BBQing, family, friends and lots of love. Life is good. I am going to sleep like a baby. I will leave you with these words of wisdom I think Una would approve of. He went to meet his maker and only HE knew what was in Una's heart and soul. HE is a forgiving GOD, so I feel anything Una did could probably been forgiven. I hope he RIP.

&#8206;7 Gems of Wisdom ....

1. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.

2. What others think of you is none of your business.

3. Time heals almost everything, give it time.

4. Don’t compare your life to others and don’t judge them. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

5. Stop thinking too much, it’s all right not to know the answers. They will come to you when you least expect it.

6. No one is in charge of your happiness, except you.

7. Smile. You don’t own all the problems in the world.

Smile. Love. Live in the Moment. Be Grateful for all that you have.

Life - is a Beautiful Miracle.

So I will leave those words with you and head off to dreamland. I hope you all have a great week.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#86470 Feb 24, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Your reasoning is flawed. LOL. Not twice as many utilities. You heat with your woodstove and keep some lights on, I suppose. So how is that twice the cost. I contend that it would cost you half the cost. Two can eat as cheaply as one, if you plan your meals correctly. You both have the same number of kids as before, so how is it twice the number of hands out. That cancels each other out. Besides, you have mentioned how proud you are of your independent kids. I'm sure that they don't have their hands out. As for having more kids, I don't think that is possible with a couple of folks old enough to collect social security. Unless....you have robbed the cradle, which I highly doubt. LOL. And if Our Creator granted you and your lady a miracle, and a child was born, how wealthy you would be, just from the publicity. My final point,(are you waiting for this one?) You and your lady can be best friends. Hubby and I are best friends, and look how that worked out!!We've been exclusively together since 1976, and were married in 1980. You can do the math and decide if that was successful.(Don't ask hubby, he might say otherwise). LOL There is only one catch. In order to keep your present level of social security, you couldn't get married. Old Uncle Sam would make an adjustment for that. But, then again, people have been living together without the formality of marriage, for a very long time. I'm sure that Our
Creator would understand. LOL Now, don't get angry, I am saying this only in jest, but I am a hopeless romantic.
Your's is the reasoning that is flawed. LOL One does not have to live in the same house to be romantic. In fact that more often ruins the romance hehehe Besides, she is "city" and I am "country" and she would not live here and I surely would not live in town. LOL I like dogs, she likes cats. Just a few of the subtle differences. Cupid, your arrows are dull. lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#86471 Feb 24, 2013
translation wrote:
<quoted text>
translation: wolf is a grumpy old cheapskate who is content to live lone because he knows no woman could ever stand to live with him
Wrong assumption again owl. I am not the least bit grumpy or cheap and at my age there are more women than men and while I like this lady a lot, there are many more that require a little attention also. LOL Could you be translating your own situation ?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#86472 Feb 24, 2013
One tends to forget that at an elderly age, there is a high percentage of illness and death that even a monthly Social Security check will not cover. So if two people merge and one passes, the average cost of a funeral is about $8000 and SS pays $255. So who pays the rest? Or if one has an extended stay in a nursing facility, then who pays? I have been there and done that and don't intend to do it again just for "romance" or any other reasons.

I don't consider that scenario to be cheap, but just more feasible economically to live apart in one's declining years. It makes the times two people can be together even more sweeter and less worry and trouble free. Call it cheap if you like, it makes no difference to me and won't change anything.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#86473 Feb 25, 2013
Most health insurance plans cover only the first 100 days of skilled nursing care and if much more than that is needed, I certainly would not want to burden some "partner" with that expense on my behalf.

Dog is back from the tree and chasing the boondock boogers, so good night/morning to all.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#86474 Feb 25, 2013
Some judge must think their clicking the negative icons means something, so here is another one for you LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
matt smith 3 min Smith 2
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 26 min spaceship 134,325
I have a decision to make. 28 min The Specialist 10
dustin patterson 49 min bville15 1
wreck in flat lick 50 min jack 4
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Diva 3,744
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 2 hr Diva 634
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Sun Physics_Works 71

Winter Storm Watch for Knox County was issued at March 02 at 3:49PM EST

Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:55 am PST

CBS Sports 5:55AM
Devon Still tweets that daughter Leah is home after latest treatment
Bleacher Report 9:58 AM
Vince Young Registered at NFL Vet Combine
Bleacher Report 3:30 AM
Bengals' Blueprint for Winning Free Agency
Bleacher Report 4:11 PM
Titans Release Bernard Pollard
NFL 4:12 PM
Titans to release safety Bernard Pollard