Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
72,781 - 72,800 of 81,588 Comments Last updated Wednesday
Ye Stymied

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> I wouldn't quite say a person's appearance or religious beliefs would totally prevent that individual from using profanity. Una knew scriptures well. Did he not retire from a gas company thus Una Farter. His comedy, his barbs, his sincerity could all be ascertained through just how he presented himself. The computer allows us a means to vent. It gives us a place to congregate without being judged unmercifully by how we truly believe. I have found the biggest hypocrites hide behind the church. Una admitted going to church. He never hid his true self. We chose to accept him as a human man, not perfect and without guile. Outspoken. I was glad to know he had family to spend Christmas dinner. His health was poor, but Boy he could stir up some stuff on here. LOL. Enough said. I'm calling it a night.
being true to yourself and being sincerely outspoken is one thing, however, it's hard for me to find any redeeming quality in someone who attacks others with profanity and crass language. That's like saying you admire the honesty of a bigot who openly expresses his hatred of others. If you admire the fact that he could stir up anger in others by what he said here, I don't find any redeeming quality in that either.
owl

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Lala.. I read your suggestion on how I should proceed with a relationship with my best friend, but I won't jump onboard. My friend and I have both lived alone for way too long to try to reinvent a new lifestyle at this late stage in our lives. Too often, people live alone yet exist in the same house and that is even worse. Thanks, but no thanks. We have the best of both worlds and no plans to change anything.
Dog is finally back from the tree and chasing any boondock boogers, so it is time to get off here for now. I would stay longer but Topix has not sent any money. LOL Reminds me of the song with the line that says "Nothing from nothing, leaves nothing" LOL
having nothing is liberating...it means you have no attachment to material things and thus you are free. It is actually not such a bad state of being.
owl

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

...and the only way to be happy being rich is to be detached from your riches by sharing it with others, therein lies the happiness of true wealth.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Good morning bird threaders, what a beautiful day. I checked in last night but only seen drop ins and the nonsense about Una. May he RIP.

Our Wildcats finally won in overtime last night and we were all exhausted just watching the last part of the game and then overtime. It was an exciting game and it was ESPN Game Day.

That sure was some wreck AW was talking about. It is a wonder a lot more people were not hurt or killed. That tire jumping the fence was something.

For those who hadn't seen it:

Here's what the crash involving Kyle Larson and 11 other Nationwide drivers looked like from the grandstands.

Tyler Andersen, a resident of Jacksonville Beach, Fla., was at the Drive for COPD 300 on Saturday and was filming the final lap when Kyle Larson's car got turned into the catchfence just in front of him and debris from his car flew into the grandstands.

You can see the panic in the stands in the crash's aftermath and the tire that flew over the catchfence landed just feet from Anderson.

At least 28 fans were injured in the crash, two critically, which also damaged the catchfence. Daytona International Speedway President Joie Chitwood said that the fence would be repaired in time for Sunday's Daytona 500.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the...

Watching all of those fans pour in for today's race in 80 degree weather, shorts, sleeveless shirts etc...makes me anxious for spring and summer. It is gorgeous out now and I will be grateful for our good weather compared to others dealing with the white stuff. lol
pleasant conversation

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

betty wrote:
i suppose you are right about the mod thing but i just don't see why it matters so much. pleasant conversation is all most of us are seeking on here it seems, and maybe to hear a different point of view than our own once in a awhile. if it happens to be a to pix spy or mod or Gene Simmons who cares.....
then why do so many of you admire someone who did not adhere to the standards of pleasant conversation?
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Good morning Belie, I tend to agree on your comment about the mods and all the shills that appear in droves from time to time. But I doubt it will run me off. If Una and a few others haven't so far, I doubt those trolls or paid shills will either. I forgave Una for his attacks on me and he forgave me for my retaliations. I do miss him though and no one can convince me he is still posting somewhere. It may be to spare his family that someone is posting as him so people won't think that church deacon/treasurer in the obit would be capable of the comments he made on many threads. I am surprise that Dont Care believes he is posting on a thread. Must be one of this friends posting and DC is just playing along. I am not buying it. We know he is gone. He may very well spent his last breath tapping keys in this thread.

I hope you have a good day Belie.:)
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

For the BIRDS:

Raptor Resource Project
&#8206;~ 2/23/13 We Now Have The 3rd Egg at Fort St. Vrain ~

Mom laid the egg at approximately 6:47pm MT. We're all wishing Mom and Dad at Fort St. Vrain a very successful 2013 season!

Side view video thanks to crayj46:

Video thanks to priscillash1, shortly after Mom laid the 3rd egg: http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Here's proof that even birds are big jerks sometimes

No one ever talks about survival of the nicest out there in the wild, and there's a reason for that. We can only assume that animal jerks like this grabby little bird will probably live forever.

Just look at that sweet little kangaroo just peacefully eating a banana (or femur or whatever) and presumably humming Australian folk songs in his head, oblivious to the cunning bird swooping in from behind. The bird comes in quick as a flash and makes his getaway, leaving the kangaroo to look much like we do when our fingers make it to the bottom of the Dorito bag earlier than we intended. Next time keep your treats in your pouch, kangaroo. Haven't had enough of jerky animals for one day? Click through the gallery above to see even more.[Source]

http://now.msn.com/bird-steals-food-from-kang...

Crows Play On Snow-Covered Car
A group of crows have some fun rolling down a couple of snow-covered cars in the city of Saratov in Russia
http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/crows-...

Seems like every morning I wake up to even more birds singing outside my window. Spring is so close. I love it. The first thing I do is go out and feed them to thank them for their tunes.:)
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

For lala, you will love this. My neice said she has seen her horses playing like this and it is a real treat to watch.

Horses roll and play in the snow
These horses show us that we aren't the only ones that like playing in the snow and making snow angels... or, snow horse angels.
http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/horses...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Husband dies on the way to wife's funeral

World War II veteran Norman Hendrickson’s wife Gwen died on February 8. Just eight days later, Norman was arriving at the funeral home in a limousine when he stopped breathing.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/husban...

How sad for the family, but he got to go with his wife. It reminds me of a quote I seen around Valentine's Day that I thought was just precious.

A man bought 12 flowers, 11 real and 1 fake, He said, "I will love you until the last flower dies"
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Cat ruining fellow cat's duck hunt may be drummed out of cat union

Look, there's a code about this sort of thing. When a cat has a big-ass duck dinner in the crosshairs, a fellow cat is supposed to back off. No encroaching, no poaching. However, above all else what the fellow cat is not supposed to do is sneak up behind the engaged cat and pounce, scaring the bejabbers out of it and alerting the winged prey to flap off to safety. That's just damned embarrassing to cats everywhere (the deafening snickers you hear right now are from birds and mice everywhere), and there's likely to be a fine and a suspension of all cat privileges for the offending tabby. So much for the solidarity of the species.
http://now.msn.com/cat-foils-other-cats-duck-...

Too funny.
Boats Second Class

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

What is this thread called again???(=
Belie

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Good morning Belie, I tend to agree on your comment about the mods and all the shills that appear in droves from time to time. But I doubt it will run me off. If Una and a few others haven't so far, I doubt those trolls or paid shills will either. I forgave Una for his attacks on me and he forgave me for my retaliations. I do miss him though and no one can convince me he is still posting somewhere. It may be to spare his family that someone is posting as him so people won't think that church deacon/treasurer in the obit would be capable of the comments he made on many threads. I am surprise that Dont Care believes he is posting on a thread. Must be one of this friends posting and DC is just playing along. I am not buying it. We know he is gone. He may very well spent his last breath tapping keys in this thread.
I hope you have a good day Belie.:)
Thanks, you too. Good day for me to get a head start on spring cleaning, enjoy your day ; )
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Boats Second Class wrote:
What is this thread called again???(=
Learn how to read and then move on. Second class boat. Thanks for the spam and nuts. How about a lemon for some lemonade. Troll
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Belie wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, you too. Good day for me to get a head start on spring cleaning, enjoy your day ; )
I have been doing mine on the freezing cold days so I can enjoy Spring outdoors. I am going to enjoy my day with family and friends at my nephew's Ponderosa, horseback riding, 4 wheelers, cookout and the Daytona 500. Have a wonderful day.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Got to shut down and grab my snacks and head to the ranch. I hope you all have an enjoyable day whatever you do. I will be cheering for Danica today. I love Jr. but today I am going with GIRL POWER. lol

Have a great day, will check back later and see if the thread has been overrun with drop in trolls with their ignorant comments. Must be the Una fans. lol Guess they didn't get the memo where he made friends here and enjoyed himself to the end.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Ye Stymied wrote:
<quoted text>
being true to yourself and being sincerely outspoken is one thing, however, it's hard for me to find any redeeming quality in someone who attacks others with profanity and crass language. That's like saying you admire the honesty of a bigot who openly expresses his hatred of others. If you admire the fact that he could stir up anger in others by what he said here, I don't find any redeeming quality in that either.
Forgiveness and tolerance gives us humanity. A man with a sharp tongue is neither a rapist nor murder, but a man of words. And even the so called bigots come before the Great Father . The old videos of Adolph Hitler with his dog really show me a different picture as well. We are unique as humans because we have different thought processes, whether we like or abhor something someone says or does we can (1) understand that person's point of view or (2) ignore that person and pass by. Life is ours to make.
Boats Second Class

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn how to read and then move on. Second class boat. Thanks for the spam and nuts. How about a lemon for some lemonade. Troll
Well, LASS or LADDY! I haven't seen a dead bird yet! I've seen skunks,squirrels dead, but, not a single bird. So,enlighten me?
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Forgiveness and tolerance gives us humanity. A man with a sharp tongue is neither a rapist nor murder, but a man of words. And even the so called bigots come before the Great Father . The old videos of Adolph Hitler with his dog really show me a different picture as well. We are unique as humans because we have different thought processes, whether we like or abhor something someone says or does we can (1) understand that person's point of view or (2) ignore that person and pass by. Life is ours to make.
good eye there misty ! judge not lest ye be not judged; we all have freedom of speech to express our own personal opinion,(unless they've taken that away too )a right to be different . if we were all the same, then we would REALLY hate each other. at the least , it would be a dull world. I try to respect most everyones opinion, but to the hipocrites ; I say have a good day . to some on this thread, they think you have to be a member of the club or something before your aloud to speak. they call us names such as Trolls, ect. Is that just a nice version of a four-letter word like smit for brains ? practice what you preach regulars. we can all click a lemon or nuts icon.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

pleasant conversation wrote:
<quoted text>
then why do so many of you admire someone who did not adhere to the standards of pleasant conversation?
i can only speak for myself, i did not admire una. he still owed me twenty bucks for my rim. but if i stopped having pleasant conversation with everyone that owed me money, i would have no friends.
pukey

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

ole UNA was on to things .....

he knew the government was responsible for the massive bird die offs ,...

it is all tied together with the contrails and fracking ,and birth control drugs in the water supply

local people saw the supper secret silent black helicopter land near his house, the night he died ,...
black opps injected him ,...and made the it look like a heat attack ,...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min DITCH MITCH 150,094
KJB marriage straight from the bible!! Marriage... 27 min IronHammer 8
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr pusherman_ 130,289
Pull an absess tooth? is that dangerous (Sep '08) 1 hr Dental Assistant 41
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Hatti_Hollerand 3,475
Johnnie Mcgegor at csc 2 hr Big fan 3
Lesb or Bi 2 hr Good time Sally 2

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••