Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
72,741 - 72,760 of 81,594 Comments Last updated Wednesday
Anti hilljack

Lima, OH

#86373 Feb 23, 2013
Are they blue birds?
Flip Constantine

Murray, KY

#86374 Feb 23, 2013
We carried our bald souls from Petra upon basalt slabs rubbed with myrrh,
slouching through rabid desert in deeply repeating circles.
A pale knight reads passages from the books of chance.
A bald pheasant spreads feathers upon an uncomfortable brass bed.
And we all figure out what our memories depend on.
Tomorrow:#Cloaca trends, Amsterdam is on fire, the bad man has an
allergy to this chaos.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#86375 Feb 23, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Do you sleepwalk when the bed is against the wall? I figure, you might wake Hubby when you crawl over him. You might be able to find a safety net to place beside the bed. Sorry to hear about your fall again. Take care, you do have positive thoughts coming your way. Bless you:)
Thank-you, Misty, for the advice. However, hubby and I do not go to bed at the same time. I am a night hawk, and he is an early bird. I sleep on the outside because I would awaken him if I crawled over him when going to bed. I have a sneaking suspicion that my seizure medication is not strong enough again. I have a neurology appointment this coming week, and I will talk it over with the Doc. So nice of you; however, to try to help.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#86376 Feb 23, 2013
Flip Constantine wrote:
We carried our bald souls from Petra upon basalt slabs rubbed with myrrh,
slouching through rabid desert in deeply repeating circles.
A pale knight reads passages from the books of chance.
A bald pheasant spreads feathers upon an uncomfortable brass bed.
And we all figure out what our memories depend on.
Tomorrow:#Cloaca trends, Amsterdam is on fire, the bad man has an
allergy to this chaos.
Where does the dark poetry come from?
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86377 Feb 23, 2013
Good afternoon birdthreaders, I tried to post a couple comments and they went into cyber space I guess. As soon as I posted it hit and reverted back to the thread list in the forum.????

Anyway, I hope all of you get out and enjoy the day. I have been out for a couple hour already and ready to grab a bit to eat, get veggies cut, spinach dip and Hawaiian Bread carved out for the dip. Chips together and will be ready for my fun UK party later.

I checked the quakes for the area, Madrid Fault had a couple small ones:

Arkansas
Magnitude: 1.9

Tennessee
Magnitude: 1.4

Washington
Magnitude: 3.3

Alaska
Magnitude: 4.8

Washington
Magnitude: 3.3

Solomon Islands
Magnitude: 5.8

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/

Washington doesn't need anymore due to the fact they have those nuclear plants leaking. They just starting chemspraying in our beautiful clear blue sky those A-holes. There is two of them crisscrossing spraying and denying us in this area of the beauty of a blue sky with a few fluffy clouds. Soon it will be a thin layer spread out and blocking it. Hate that. I am glad I got something accomplished this morning outdoors before they started.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86378 Feb 23, 2013
Hi lala, hope you take it easy today and sorry about your fall. Dark poetry usually comes from dark people. No way referring to skin color. lol

Here is a slide show to bring a laugh to you.

29 burned-out signs with unintentionally funny messages

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign. Some with messaging about tax preparation, some for nail salons, some just telling you to stay off your phone when ordering food. Signs aren't all from the "man," meant to keep you down and make you follow along like a good little sheeple. Some actually have (almost subliminal) meaning, and not so subliminal when letters burn out. Messages like "The Ho Depot" and "Crapbooks." Yeah, it's juvenile, but see if you can't stop your smile when you look at these 29 photos of unintentionally funny signs.

http://now.msn.com/funny-signs-thanks-to-burn...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86379 Feb 23, 2013
Don't know if you seen this story and video that went viral of this pet owner. It is something else:

Heartbreaking photo of a man holding his dog's paw through a pound cage prompts well-wishers to donate the $400 to free him after it was secretly posted on Facebook

Dave Thomas, from California, was jailed for a few days for traffic violations and his dog Buzz Lightyear, a pitbull mix, taken away

This is the heartbreaking photo taken of a man weeping as he comforts his beloved dog through cage bars after he could not afford to have his pet released from the city pound.

Dave Thomas, from San Bernardino, California, was jailed for a few days for traffic violations on February 13 - leading to his dog Buzz Lightyear being impounded.

After Mr Thomas was released from prison, he could not afford to pay the $400 fees required to have his two-year-old pit bull mix released from its cage at the shelter.

Scroll down for video
Fortunately for Mr Thomas, 36, a photographer and animal lover Maria Sanchez was at the shelter at the same time. She snapped a picture of the man sitting on the ground and stroking the dog's paw through the metal bars and feeding him Cheetos.
She told ABC:'He was pouring water into his dog's water bowl, his dog sat there and licked up the water for about a minute, he sat down next to him and started weeping.'

Ms Sanchez posted the photo to her Facebook page and appealed to the kindness of strangers.
Within days the money was raised thanks to well-wishers - but Ms Sanchez still had to track down Mr Thomas because he had not left his contact details with the shelter.

She posted fliers all over the local area and appealed for help online. The amount raised has now totaled more than $2,000.

He was finally tracked down by on Monday evening by the local station and a highly emotional and relieved Mr Thomas was told he would be reunited with his beloved Buzz the following day.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22814...

Great story, but it doesn't end there.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86380 Feb 23, 2013
Dave Thomas Gets pitbull Buzz back from Animal Pound
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Dave & Buzz Reunited !

Update: Man allegedly threatens to sue woman who helped him get his dog

Dave Thomas has allegedly threatened to sue the stranger who collected donations so he could get his dog out of a shelter.

A man reunited with his dog thanks to the kindness of a stranger is now allegedly threatening to sue her, Los Angeles' KTLA and other media reported.
The woman known as Maria Sanchez on Facebook said she collected donations to get Dave Thomas' dog out of a shelter.

According to KABC, Thomas was arrested Friday for failure to appear in court for two traffic violations. The police had animal control take his 2-year-old pit bull mix, Buzz, to the San Bernardino City Animal Shelter.

KABC reported that Thomas needed to pay more than $400 to get his dog back, but had only $6.

Sanchez, a dog lover and photographer, posted a picture of Thomas and his dog at the shelter on her Facebook account. The image, which shows Thomas sitting on the concrete floor while Buzz reaches a paw out from under a cage, quickly went viral and donations poured in.

But now Thomas supposedly aims to sue Sanchez, according to the LA news station, she said in an interview with MSN News.

Sanchez confirmed that the Facebook account is hers and that she helped raise donations to get the dog out of the shelter. She said she got a call from KTLA Channel 5 telling her Thomas wanted to sue her.

"KTLA received a call from Thomas claiming that Sanchez was withholding the money raised for Buzz. KTLA then contacted Sanchez about the matter," the report reads.

Related: Homeless NYC man hides boots, wants 'piece of the pie'

On Facebook, Sanchez said she transferred $842.07 into her bank account to reimburse herself for shelter fees, vet fees and supplies from PetSmart that'd she'd put on her personal credit card. According to KTLA, the donations far exceeded the $400 shelter fee.

She said she hasn't spoken to Thomas since the incident. "His wife wouldn't let me talk to him," she said. She said he tried calling her back, but she hung up and does not plan to speak with him in the future.

"He got what we raised the money for and the rest is going to be donated to the other animals in the shelter or refunded" to donors, she said. "He's not going to get another dime."

Sanchez doubts Thomas will follow through with the threatened lawsuit. "He couldn't even get his dog out of the shelter," she said. "How is he going to sue me?"

Sanchez confirmed that a YouTube video of a voicemail purported to be Thomas threatening to sue her was posted by her. Earlier in the week, the same YouTube account also posted a video of Thomas and Buzz being reunited.

She called the entire situation "really unfortunate. You couldn't even imagine this was going to happen."

She said when she drove Thomas and his dog back to their home she told him that the remaining donations would be used for other dogs in the shelter.

"He just sat there nodding like this sounds like a good plan," Sanchez said.

She said in the days since the incident she's gotten a flood of emails supporting her and asking about other dogs she's posted about on her Facebook page.

"I just want everyone to switch their focus away from him," Sanchez said. "I just want to go back to doing what I was doing when I saw him there, which was taking pictures to share on Facebook of the dogs that are homeless."

http://news.msn.com/pop-culture/update-man-al...

Yep, some good deeds go unpunished huh?
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86381 Feb 23, 2013
VOICEMAIL FROM DAVE THOMAS THREATENING TO SUE ME :(
Published on Feb 20, 2013

DAVE AND BUZZ UPDATE:
I just got a phone call from KTLA channel 5. Apparently, Dave has called to inform them that I am keeping the money raised for his dog. I have transferred $842.07 into my bank to reimburse myself for the shelter fees, vet and PetSmart shopping spree that I put onto my personal credit card. I had a discussion regarding the remainder of the donations and how he would like to spend them. I said it would be a good idea to pay off any outstanding tickets so that he will not be taken to jail in the future for having a warrant for unpaid traffic tickets. I asked if he had any bills that were due at the time. I told him that every dime that was donated would go to him and Buzz, but that I would not be giving him the cash. I explained to him that the money that was donated was a blessing for him, I wanted to be sure that we respected that and used the donations responsibly. He sat next to me and nodded his head, Not one response, question or concern.

After I hung up with KTLA channel 5, I tried to call Dave. His wife would not let me speak to him. She screamed at me that I was stealing their dog's money. She said they have called the news stations and that if I did not give them their money, they were going to call the police.

I am exhausted from this entire experience. This is the last thing I needed or expected. I will not be giving Dave or his wife one single penny, what I will do is refund the money that was donated to Dave. I have had my life and the lives of my children devastated by drug addiction. I will play no part in supporting anyone's habit. I just can't.

That being said, if you would like me to refund your donation that was made for Dave, please email me at mcs1030@aol.com and put REFUND as the subject. I will send the refund tonight. If you would like to transfer your donation that was for Dave to another urgent animal in this album, please email mcs1030@aol.com and put DONATE TO URGENT SBC DOG. I will put your donation towards a homeless animal that will live or die depending on whether or not a rescue has the funds to help them. If I do not get a response within 1 week of this posting, I will refund the amount donated with an explanation of why it is being refunded. I know not all who have donated will see this post.

So to sum this up, I have been reimbursed for all expense to rescue Buzz from the high kill San Bernardino City Shelter and reunite him with his owner Dave Thomas. There are donations leftover. The donations will NOT go to Dave after the stunt he has pulled. If you still want Dave to have your donation, I will have to ask you to send it to him personally. I do not have an email for him, maybe he will post it.

No good deed goes unpunished, right?

Thank you for understanding why I cannot proceed with this as planned. For those who disagree with my decision, please keep your thoughts to yourself. I don't think I can take another hit right now.

How sad right? He should be ashamed.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86382 Feb 23, 2013
lala, you will like this one. Cat and dog videos are such a treat.

Cat ruining fellow cat's duck hunt may be drummed out of cat union

Look, there's a code about this sort of thing. When a cat has a big-ass duck dinner in the crosshairs, a fellow cat is supposed to back off. No encroaching, no poaching. However, above all else what the fellow cat is not supposed to do is sneak up behind the engaged cat and pounce, scaring the bejabbers out of it and alerting the winged prey to flap off to safety. That's just damned embarrassing to cats everywhere (the deafening snickers you hear right now are from birds and mice everywhere), and there's likely to be a fine and a suspension of all cat privileges for the offending tabby. So much for the solidarity of the species.

http://now.msn.com/cat-foils-other-cats-duck-...
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

#86383 Feb 23, 2013
Anti hilljack wrote:
Are they blue birds?
nope, I think they are red speckled yellow bellies that migrated in from cinncinatti ! where all the billhillies from ky live. know why their are people in cinncinatti ? because back when people were forced off thier farms down south of there to go work in the bullet factories up north, some people just had enough gas money to make it half-way ! guess that makes us cousins or such . lol
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

#86384 Feb 23, 2013
I am 100% hillbilly. I have eat my fair share of SPAM ! not bad fried brown with scrambled eggs on good ole butternut light bread with mayo . almost good as twinkies . not trying to be mean, just think the truth is funny most of the time. some people on here eat the other kind of spam , and alot of it . too much time on our hands I suppose. I resemble that remark ! yonk yonk yonk
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#86387 Feb 23, 2013
Waiting to see if any fans were hurt at the Nascar Nationwide race in Daytona when the entire front end, including the engine of the #32 CLOROX car went into the grandstands.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#86388 Feb 23, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Waiting to see if any fans were hurt at the Nascar Nationwide race in Daytona when the entire front end, including the engine of the #32 CLOROX car went into the grandstands.
Saw the footage on that! Wow
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#86389 Feb 23, 2013
video is available at Nascar.com ... the entire front end of the car back to the firewall is in the stands, including the engine and front axle and tires. No report on injuries yet. Tony Stewart won the race but refused to celebrate due to concern for fans.
kevin

Louisa, KY

#86390 Feb 23, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Speed channel reports 11 injured. 2 critical.
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

#86391 Feb 23, 2013
more black birds fell from sky today.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#86393 Feb 23, 2013
kevin wrote:
<quoted text>Speed channel reports 11 injured. 2 critical.
Truly a miracle the drivers walked away.
veg o matic

AOL

#86394 Feb 23, 2013
man o live !,......
i might start watching nasar now
=======everybody loves a good crash !=========
Just wondering

Winchester, KY

#86395 Feb 23, 2013
Umm, I read on here a while back the the una farter had passed away. If so, why is he still posting on the bible thread? Not more than 55 minutes ago. Sure looks and acts like the una farter. Puzzling indeed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 7 min 62656sss 1,273
Travis slushpup 31 min Lol 5
betty mills 43 min friend 3
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Straw Grasping Te... 151,114
hot girl a the funeral home 3 hr wow 7
Johnnie Mcgegor at csc 8 hr Tell it 9
Calvary Christian start date? (Jul '13) 8 hr PARENT 15
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000