Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
72,681 - 72,700 of 81,562 Comments Last updated Yesterday
Starbucks

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

This is a crazy thread
Just kidding

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Crazy
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Hopefully, dog isn't jealous of you Lady friend. I bet, he's like Daddy sure is awful happy having her around.LOL You have a nice night. Might be that lady will help the heart;)
No, dog loves lady friend and runs out to greet her and see what she has in the "treats" bag, then shares his recliner with her when she is here. He must like the "Spring Rain" soft aroma by Crabtree & Evelyn too.

We don't care for the over-bearing "stick-to-your-teeth " smell of some of the stuff women sometimes wear. There once was a lady at my former work, that you could easily tell she had been on the elevator even 30 minutes later. Totally ridiculous, no human should smell like that. I think she spent her entire earnings on perfume. I would prefer tp smell "Eau de Soupbeans" lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Arthur knows it is raining here and said I should get up and make coffee. I cheated though and added wood to the wood burning stove which might make Arthur go stand out in the rain. Silly boy.
Monkey

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

R u sure?
Wow

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

That's sucks
stripole

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

A mother of four is facing jail time after she is said to have hired two strippers to dance at her 16-year-old's birthday party.
The birthday party took place in early November, but racy pictures surfaced on Facebook this month, causing a parent whose son was at the party to alert local police.
stripole

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Sealed with a french kiss -
with a little tongue action too !

sheriff's deputies say a 54 year old MOTHER passed pills to her SON in jail.

via a deep french kiss

From her mouth to his

Police have not said how the drugs were discovered , but the woman has been charged with criminal sale of the controlled substance and promoting prison contraband
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Wishing all the Folks in the Midwest safe travels. Partner stuck in Kansas trying to get a load in Dodge City. The temps. are low and hopefully too many won't loose their power. Some sleet last night. Everybody stay warm. Spring is around the corner;)The birds have kept the chirping going incessantly.LOL. Sounds like spring already.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Sunshine and 54 degrees right now here in Central Kentucky and I have my windows open to air out smoke smell where I have been burning the wood stove. Overhead ceiling fans suspended from the gabled ceiling are going also. Nice aroma mixed with Fabreze and Cinnamon Glade ... I am blessed.

I had a stranger (Good Samaritan) show up here yesterday with a load of firewood. I asked what he wanted for the load, he said "I just want to know that you are not sitting down here in the cold and I have way more than I need already". He will be blessed too.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
No AW is not AWOL. But has been right here tweeking the wood burner, getting 3 truckloads of firewood, getting the truck serviced, paying monthly bills, and looking at the skant residue in the check book LOL
In short.. just busy, and even watched Danica Patrick be the first woman to win the starting position in next Sunday's Nascar Daytona 500.
I'm very happy to know that you were just busy. I worry about my fellow "bird threaders" particularly when I don't see someone posting for a period of time. Knowing that you live alone in a remote area, I let my imagination go a little wild. Glad that you finally tweaked that wood burning stove. Now that you've got it going, you have insured that spring will be just around the corner. It frequently works out that way, especially for me. When hubby bought a plow for his truck, the remainder of that winter, and the next resulted in very little snowfall. So the plow, in effect, was good insurance.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Good afternoon folks. Hubby brought something interesting to my attention today. Last night we had a period of sleet, which left a heavy coating of ice pellets on our porch storage box. When the ice particles on the lid melted, it left behind a small granule of dark gravel-like substance, which was at the core of each ice crystal. It is obvious that the sleet washed out some foreign substance high up in the atmosphere, and deposited it when the sleet pellet fell to earth. Never saw anything like that before. When we were kids, we used to eat snow and accumulated ice on the ground. It's not safe anymore, and who knows what the precipitation is washing down from the atmosphere.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Aw and all our bird threader friends, I have a suggestion. When I suddenly don't see a post from someone who regularly checks in every day, I tend to worry a bit. I realize that people have busy lives off this thread, and have little time posting when life's circumstances intervene. It would be nice if everyone would post a short, alive and well note when they are busy for one reason or other. Several of us have become close over the past two plus years, and I know that I worry when I don't hear from a regular poster. That worry has been amplified since poor Una's death. Many (not all) of us are not young, and some of us have health issues, so I get to wondering what has happened. Life is fragile and one does not know when his/her day may be the last. Only our Creator knows for sure.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Oglala wrote:
Aw and all our bird threader friends, I have a suggestion. When I suddenly don't see a post from someone who regularly checks in every day, I tend to worry a bit. I realize that people have busy lives off this thread, and have little time posting when life's circumstances intervene. It would be nice if everyone would post a short, alive and well note when they are busy for one reason or other. Several of us have become close over the past two plus years, and I know that I worry when I don't hear from a regular poster. That worry has been amplified since poor Una's death. Many (not all) of us are not young, and some of us have health issues, so I get to wondering what has happened. Life is fragile and one does not know when his/her day may be the last. Only our Creator knows for sure.
I did post a couple of quickies that I was going Wednesday to get the truck serviced and pay bills. Maybe it got deleted or you overlooked it.
veg o matic

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

the storm has arrived here this morning .

I filled all my birdfeeders, though they'd be fine with just a little rain and snow.
It's mostly when ice covers their food that they have a hard time and our help benefits them.

I don't worry about the hawks taking a few birds. They have to eat too.
The hawks will get songbirds whether I feed them or not. A tree full of berries or a mud puddle that they congregate and bathe in could make it just as easy for a hawk. I do provide cover and a brush pile for them to escape into quickly. Some make it; some don't. More often than not, the hawk flies away empty taloned.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I did post a couple of quickies that I was going Wednesday to get the truck serviced and pay bills. Maybe it got deleted or you overlooked it.
I may have overlooked it. Anyway, I am thrilled that you found a lovely lady to share some good conversation and good food. Way to go, AW... It may be silly, but I worry about "our gang" on this thread. I never posted in any chat forums, and still don't. I have come to realize that "online people" are important as friends, as much as cherished 'real friends' with whom I have face to face interaction. The depth of feeling for my 'online buddies' has really surprised me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

stripole wrote:
Sealed with a french kiss -
with a little tongue action too !
sheriff's deputies say a 54 year old MOTHER passed pills to her SON in jail.
via a deep french kiss
From her mouth to his
Police have not said how the drugs were discovered , but the woman has been charged with criminal sale of the controlled substance and promoting prison contraband
What a sick symbiotic relationship this is. Very little surprises me these days.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I did post a couple of quickies that I was going Wednesday to get the truck serviced and pay bills. Maybe it got deleted or you overlooked it.
Everyone loves a quickie! Hi everyone
veg o matic

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

a minor Star of TVs Storage Wars, Mark Balelo, has been found dead in an apparent suicide, just days after a drug arrest.
veg o matic

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
What a sick symbiotic relationship this is. Very little surprises me these days.
imagine where she would have hid the 'stash'
if she were allowed conjugal visits !

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

46 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 5 min 40ish 3,809
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min DITCH MITCH 147,095
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min SNYB 129,008
Who will barbourvilles NEW police chief 30 min Shopper 13
Rebecca Jones Running 37 min ONtheRun 1
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 3 hr Flint hill bandit 16,132
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 3 hr Flint hill bandit 1,017
New club in Barbourville? 7 hr my real name 12
john sowders 9 hr truth be told 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search