Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,630)

Showing posts 72,581 - 72,600 of81,563
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
so true

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Way to go my dear..AW , Glad you day was wonderful, may you have many more nights like that if , that is what you wish for.. It is so odd , how I wake up , thru these odd hours of the night, got to start getting some sleep.. Oh well , I'll take what I can get... Off to fairy land,,, Great Day your way..
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

so true wrote:
Way to go my dear..AW , Glad you day was wonderful, may you have many more nights like that if , that is what you wish for.. It is so odd , how I wake up , thru these odd hours of the night, got to start getting some sleep.. Oh well , I'll take what I can get... Off to fairy land,,, Great Day your way..
Thanks, my date was over by 8:30 pm EST and there was nothing left but to get warm and cozy and think about the pleasantry of the evening and drift off without Topix and no bad dreams and no visits from Arthur. Now I have my coffee and awaiting the CREATOR's new day where I plan to go get my truck serviced and buy some pieces to "tweek" my new wood stove. I enjoyed your post about the nostalgia of your youth. Your description of riding on the fender of the tractor brought back many memories that went well with my coffee. May you have a Great Day also and yes.. keep thinking on those "little things" that help us get through the bigger issues and makes the nonsense irrelevant.
Blueminer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Good mornin Friends-o-mine! I tried to post yesterday mornin while insomniackin , but had no service. I believe it was a wind issue. So I'll try again.

I was wondering how Nope was feeling. Did her panic attacks subside? I had read a post by Nope about the possibility of finding indian artifacts on her land. It would be great if she ever gave me permission to search for arrowheads to add to my meager collection.

To Abeliever, I haven't logged on from a computer in about six months. So I have not been able to look at the videos you like to post...I miss them. One in particular that still sticks in my mind was about the baby elephant that had fallen into the pit and the collective efforts by the others to get it out.

I read AB's post wondering how my father was. He is doing OK. I visited him Monday. While there I trimmed his fingernails. It may seem funny but I viewed that as some kind of rebonding experience.
Blueminer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf, Howls it going. Reading you is always a pleasure! One could learn a lot from another that is so well adjusted and at peace with life and the world around him. Your sense of humor coupled with your realization of reality surley serves you well. Sometime I believe you have much to teach.

So sad for those that will not open up to a willingness to learn. Same goes for us that long for a simpler life in a simpler place, yet may never find our way there. May that peace always be with you.
LBJ

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Conspiracy radio crapheads still think the meteor that impacted Russia was an alien spacecraft. Where does that garbage come from?
Blueminer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Well I just posted one for Oglala, Misty Eyed, and So True. Several minutes of thumb work is apparently hung up in some tower somewhere.

In a nutshell; It is always nice to read your hearts here. You all post some very uplifting stuff here that I'm sure we all like to read.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Conspiracy theory is something that makes us Human. Everyone thinks something like that happens. I think that's pretty funny, really.
Blueminer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Conspiracy theory is something that makes us Human. Everyone thinks something like that happens. I think that's pretty funny, really.
Roam things are going on that threaten so much of what we have come to know, trust and believe in. Denial is complacency, which equals less anxiety. And I reckon that's not all bad.

I don't buy into all the conspiracy theories, however some of these "theories" ARE all too "reality".
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Good morning birdthreaders, chilly 28 degrees but the birds are singing like it is Spring. Makes me happy to hear that before the alarm. lol

Ancient Wolf, lala, Hempburn, misty-eyed, true, Blueminer, and Belie I am sorry I missed you all yesterday. I had a similiar day/night like Aw and thoroughly enjoyable. Got home late and didn't even bother with the computer. I thought I might sleep in a little this morning but body alarm and the birds coaxed me out of bed like I had somewhere to be. haha

Ancient Wolf, happy you had a good evening with company other than dog. It sounds like it was quite enjoyable.

Hempburn, stranger things have worked I guess besides WD40. Water is the best I guess, if you can swim or sit in a hot tub (my favorite). I am glad you checked in with us. I hope you are having fun with little biscuit.

betty, that cracked me up about your wake up to the roof piece falling and going back to sleep to let hubby take care of it. lol

lala, I enjoyed your posts that I missed.I love to hear a couple owls communicating with each other.My sister had a similiar experience like you with the horse feed but it was a squirrel camped out having dinner.

so true, what beautiful words and thoughts. I am so glad you joined us to inspire us even more.

Blueminer, I am so happy things are getting better with your Dad. Any little thing you do for or with him will tighten the bonds and that is what matters. I always said that if we are still breathing we have an opportunity to make things right with our loved ones if need be.

Where's "Nope". I didn't see any post from her yesterday. Just the ones I missed late Monday. I hope she is feeling better. I am curious what she discovered from her google map markings. Hope that sinkhole has eased off. Those things scare me. Like lala, I think those things could potentially set off earthquakes/Madrid Fault. Especially the huge one in Louisiana.

I see we had a few newbies popping in and maybe even grandpa Imposter with great post on hemp. It certainly would help Kentucky's economy. At one time I read if Ky was a hemp growing country we would be 3rd in the world. I know my Dad told us stories of them growing it for rope etc for the war...when he was a child, I guess that is why it still grows wild in some places. He grew up in a Eastern Kentucky coal miner's town.

I hope everyone has a wonderful warm day inside. I am not sure I am going anywhere today. I have somemore projects on my list to finish, i.e. closets, drawers, kitchen cabinets etc...I want to get done before the real SPRING gets here so all I have to do is maybe windows and such for spring cleaning. I am ready for outdoor activities. These warm days have been a great preview.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Here you go Hempburn, lala, Ancient Wolf, I think you can appreciate this little guy and his Arthur. lol It was on The Today Show a few minutes ago. Too cute.

Healing hoops: Sea otter plays basketball to ease arthritis

Eddie, a 15-year-old sea otter at the Oregon Zoo, practices shooting baskets at the Oregon Zoo. The activity is designed to help Eddie keep flexibility in his arthritic shoulder joints.

http://animaltracks.today.com/_news/2013/02/1...

Is that not adorable.:)
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Love this one. It just makes you smile.

Witness the moments when kids and animals interact at the zoo

Sometimes instant bonds can form between kids and animals at a zoo, even if there is glass or a fence in between. And sometimes zoo animals think of kids as prey, which can make for very awkward encounters. We've gathered 10 examples of these interactions here. We hope they bring back only fond memories of your own visits to the zoo.

http://now.msn.com/zoo-animal-kids-encounters...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

so true inspired me to post one of my favorite great quotes by an extraordinary woman. God Bless her.

“People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.

If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.

If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.

The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.

For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.”

― Mother Teresa

That last line is so true.
Blueminer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Beautiful!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Hi Blueminer, I missed you looking up the sinkhole updates and distracted by other videos on the sidebar. Wow, there is a lot going on with those sinkholes, earthquakes, space events, loud booms, hello....clues. We might need to get prepared for something big. Obviously the gov't is with the FEMA camps and ammo increase for DHS. Who knows. Everyday's a GIFT. I am going to keep enjoying it, but be vigilant of what is happening around us. No sense getting blindsighted by it when it happens right?

Hope you are having a great day, and sorry you can't watch the cute videos or even these scary ones I am posting next for lala and Nope. lol
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Oh yeah, and for Belie (Sybil) too, this was the latest update I could find:

SINKHOLE UPDATE: Feb. 19, 2013
Published on Feb 19, 2013
Official: Louisiana sinkhole going to be in record books - The scientists are really baffled (audio)...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

SINKHOLE UPDATE 2: Feb. 19, 2013
Radio: New levee around giant sinkhole to eventually collapse?- Official: "It's kind of frightening we don't have a handle on this thing" (audio)...

Mysterious Loud Booms; Pensacola, FL Boom 2/6/13; New Madrid Earthquake
Published on Feb 6, 2013
Exploring the widespread mystery booms in the United States. What are they? What causes them? Do they indicate that a major earthquake is coming? Have they preceded major earthquakes before? With a lot of help from an academic paper by Gold and Soter, I offer some explanations.

Note: I don't consider the research anywhere near completed, obviously. And I hope to continue looking into this in future videos.

Note also: Louisiana sinkhole "bubbling" may be related--
http://www.youtube.com/watch... ...

Flashing beams update: Feb. 19, 2013

ALERT!!! EARTHQUAKE ACTIVITY NOW at Bayou Corne Assumption Parish ground

Booms and earthquakes seem to be related from these maps and info. Not looking good for the Madrid Fault region. More earthquakes in the last ten years. Is it heading for the BIG ONE. Might be why they are getting the FEMA camps ready and HS purchasing extra ammo for the unrest it would surely cause. Belie, you have been telling us such things for two years. Not such a conspiracy thought now. There are so many references to the Madrid Fault blowing in videos on the side of these I have posted. I will check some of them out later. Some are long videos....but they obviously think these sinkholes and loud booms are related to things to come in the Madrid Fault. Pretty scary. Hope everyone has their bug out bags and survival kits ready. This could be the year.

There are so many videos on these subjects I could be busy for a couple hours watching them. They all seem to have that common thread. Earthquakes
Blueminer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

I'm going to the library shortly to check some things out.

Meanwhile the Blueminer is still returning to his old self. Please nobody be offended if you read my posts elsewhere. I gotta be me, anything else is just plain unhealthy.
Waiyusotan

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Did anybody find out why the birds fell from the sky? I would like to know. Only thing that I have read is YADA YADA. Nothing pretaining to the subject at hand. Just wondering!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Waiyusotan wrote:
Did anybody find out why the birds fell from the sky? I would like to know. Only thing that I have read is YADA YADA. Nothing pretaining to the subject at hand. Just wondering!
You would have to go back 70,000+ comments and look. OR, look it up yourself. We can't discuss it anymore. The BIRDS quit dropping dead. Don't like YADA YADA just move on. We won't miss you.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

After all those videos...

Today has been a busy day for large earthquakes. They have some minor ones in Nevada, Utah, Washington, Hawaii but Alaska and California are rocking. Here is our Madrid Fault one, even though it is low, here lately when there is one in Tn it is in this town.

Ridgely, Tennessee
Magnitude: 1.2

Alaska
Magnitude: 5.4

California
Magnitude: 4.3

Elsewhere:

Argentina
Magnitude: 5.2

Peru
Magnitude: 5.1

Guyane, French Guiana
Magnitude: 5.0

Solomon Islands
Magnitude: 4.9

China
Magnitude: 4.9

Chili
Magnitude: 4.8

Taiwan
Magnitude: 4.5

Russia
Magnitude: 4.5

Mexico
Magnitude: 4.3

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/

Global has all the earthquakes and lots of hazards listed.

Click on the US (North America)
map and check out the storm coming our way.

Where is everyone? lol Hope you are having a great afternoon.
aorta torta

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

millions of birds
The blackbirds and starlings blacken the sky of Hopkinsville, Kentucky, before roosting at dusk, turn the landscape white with bird poop, and they can kill a dog or even people .

Although the birds have not yet turned on humans , vicious attacks are possible , and the city has taken defensive measures.

"I have seen them come in, and there are enough that if the sun is just right, they'll cloud your vision of the sun," said Hopkinsville-Christian County historian William Turner. "I estimate there are millions of them."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 72,581 - 72,600 of81,563
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

81 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Any couples into SCAT??? 27 min Dirty SCAT couple 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Le Jimbo 146,084
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr ChromiuMan 128,542
legalize marijuana 2 hr ole hippy 4
Ky Biscuit Company 2 hr same here 13
GRUBB TRUCKING NEW Post 2 hr Just Watching 1
I'm looking for a hot female to playfully BED W... 3 hr Frank 15
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••