Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
72,421 - 72,440 of 81,588 Comments Last updated Yesterday

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Glad to hear you had a great day! I just realized that it's Friday. Well, it was until about an hour ago, hehe! Easy to get days all messed up lately.

Surely looking forward to Spring time! I saw rose bushes on sale at the Dollar General the other day. MAN, isn't it too early for those?? Not that they are the best place to buy roses, but come on....

Driving out on that same day, I saw someones daffodils in their yard and they had big fat yellow buds on top already! I adore daffodils! Seeing them was in itself a breath of fresh air!! I can hardly wait until it's warm enough not to have to worry about the little flowers getting frostbite.

Anyone thinking about what they are going to put in their veggie gardens this year yet?
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope he has a safe trip and get home to you soon. I thought AW would be up and I wanted to share one the Godvine stories about unconditional love. It made me think of AW and his wife and how he had to have been just as loving as this guy. Some ladies are just lucky to have their soulmate forever.
Couple Married for 50 Years Show Us What True Love Looks Like
With the divorce rate being so high, many people wonder if there is still such a thing as true LOVE nowadays. Bill and Glad, a devoted couple married for 50 years, prove that love is still alive!!!
http://www.godvine.com/Couple-Married-for-50-...
I thought I read one about a couple from Conn. being married for 80 years. That really tickled me. Maybe you might find it somewhere. Those kind of relationships are so few;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Yep, partner on his way to Reno. He's going through Ohio tonight. My bro. is driving though. It's so easy to sleep when he's home, but here recently. My nights have been restless. Blah. LOL..Just read about Little Biscuit. Sure sounds smart. AW should be up with dog for tree time I'm thinking as well. Hehe. I really had a good laugh about the ED reference from him today. Hehe.
Do you ever get to go out on the road with him, ME'd?
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

It's on news10.net site. Sure is a sweet story;)
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Well, I plan on planting some Genovese basil. I don't usually plant until the last week of April or the first week of May. I had a mini rose bush that I planted around Mother's Day several years ago. It has done well.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Glad to hear you had a great day! I just realized that it's Friday. Well, it was until about an hour ago, hehe! Easy to get days all messed up lately.
Surely looking forward to Spring time! I saw rose bushes on sale at the Dollar General the other day. MAN, isn't it too early for those?? Not that they are the best place to buy roses, but come on....
Driving out on that same day, I saw someones daffodils in their yard and they had big fat yellow buds on top already! I adore daffodils! Seeing them was in itself a breath of fresh air!! I can hardly wait until it's warm enough not to have to worry about the little flowers getting frostbite.
Anyone thinking about what they are going to put in their veggie gardens this year yet?
I love daffodils too. They are my first fresh cut flowers of the year. They are so beautiful. I am partial to the solid yellow ones myself. I have a bunch of rose bushes to tend to, but could always use more. I love them. I would like some yellow or white ones this year.

We do a big family garden every year, beans, corn, lettuce, cabbage, potatoes, tomatoes, strawberries, watermelon. Half of them are green thumbs and the other half of us are the worker bees. We switch off now and then but our system works and we have plenty for all of us almost year round. Can't wait to smell the earth again.:)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>Couple Married for 50 Years Show Us What True Love Looks Like
With the divorce rate being so high, many people wonder if there is still such a thing as true LOVE nowadays. Bill and Glad, a devoted couple married for 50 years, prove that love is still alive!!!
http://www.godvine.com/Couple-Married-for-50-...
Oh my gosh.. He even had a tiara placed on her bike helmet! And to have a bicycle made so that she could still enjoy their rides? AWESOME!! What a beautiful couple! That was an extremely sweet video. Too bad everyone can't find a love like that.. Few are lucky enough and those who do are certainly blessed. I'll no doubt go to sleep tonight thinking about that video.. Such a nice story that was!
Thanks!!
")
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> I thought I read one about a couple from Conn. being married for 80 years. That really tickled me. Maybe you might find it somewhere. Those kind of relationships are so few;)
I did read that about the 80 years married. Last week I think? You are right, they are few and far between.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my gosh.. He even had a tiara placed on her bike helmet! And to have a bicycle made so that she could still enjoy their rides? AWESOME!! What a beautiful couple! That was an extremely sweet video. Too bad everyone can't find a love like that.. Few are lucky enough and those who do are certainly blessed. I'll no doubt go to sleep tonight thinking about that video.. Such a nice story that was!
Thanks!!
")
My pleasure. I love sharing the good stories and cute videos. I read about every news site at least once a day to see what is going on in the world or to research something. I always run over something to bring a smile amongst the gloom and doom stories. lol
I loved that story. AW came to mind and his wife.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Well it doesn't look like AW is going to pop in after tree time and if he does it will be right after I log off. I was hoping that Imposter, if it really was him would stop by and confirm it is indeed him. The London location was the one he originally used I think. Or used among many. lol

So ladies, I am hitting the pillow and hopefully to dreamland. If not, I will log back on and check. Sometimes, I am so tired and think I will fall fast asleep only to be wide awake 5 minutes after I hit the pillow staring at the ceiling fan or out the window at the stars and moon if there is one. lol

Have a peaceful night and a Super Saturday.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
Well, I plan on planting some Genovese basil. I don't usually plant until the last week of April or the first week of May. I had a mini rose bush that I planted around Mother's Day several years ago. It has done well.
OH, I love fresh basil!! I like to make my own pesto sauce. I always end up with more than I can possibly use, but it still smells so heavenly! I put my basil in a planter on the porch. Same with rosemary, parsley and green onions. With the green onions, it's easy to reseed at intervals that way too so you have a small yet continual yield..

Like you, I don't usually like to put things out in the ground until at least the first week of May, last week of April at the earliest. I'll do good enough just to keep the deer and rabbits out of everything again, hehe. The wild critters steal everything they can get to, LOL!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>I have a bunch of rose bushes to tend to, but could always use more. I love them. I would like some yellow or white ones this year.
I have, or should I say had, white roses. The blooms turn more of an orange color though. I was told it was because of the clay in the ground? My red ones have stayed red.

Do you like Peonies too? I love to float a few in bowls of water in the house. The blooms will last for days and days and oh do they smell wonderful!! You usually have to be really careful to rinse all the little ants off of them before you bring them in, but it's worth it. I think they smell like "Dove" brand soap. So clean and light!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Abeliever wrote:
Have a peaceful night and a Super Saturday.
You too! Goodnight and sleep well.

Think I'll log out of here also. It's later than it should be for me to still be this wide awake as I am.. It might be an Excedrin P.M. night, for sure..

Chat with you all tomorrow unless like AB says, it's not a sleep easy night.
:)
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Just seeing the husband and wife team brought tears to my eyes. If partner ever develops Alzheimer's or becomes disabled I only hope that I have the fortitude and patience to be as good a caregiver as this man to his wife. I heard so much love in her voice although she used few words. I really liked this video:) I'm off to nap time. You all have sweet dreams and a good night. From my hearth to yours;)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, yeah...I once bought a tube of lipstick, that when I applied it, it burned my lips. The first time, I thought that my lips were hurting because they were chapped from winter dryness. The second time it happened, I decided that it had to be the new lipstic. When I looked at the ingredients, I was shocked to discover that the lipstick contained very finely ground glass. Apparently, this irritated the lips and caused them to swell. Well, that lipstick hit the garbage bucket quickly.Can you imagine!!! What the heck are women willing to do to make themselves attractive!! It's insane.
I prefer the "natural" look and just never really got excited about clowns. I like the white ruffled collars and sleeves at the wrist. I think the prettiest celebrity ever was Katharine Hepburn. She still had her beauty when she got old.(and she had no problem speaking her mind, yet being diplomatic)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I forget what breed you said he was.. I do remember that it was a pound puppy though. A family member of mine has a little Jack Russell. Man, are they the cutest littles snots!! Full of happy, tail wagging, "I'm here to make you laugh, my human". And smart? Whew...
I wish you could post it's pic on here for us to see. I bet it's precious!
My dog is a mix of Jack Russell and whatever came down the road. He has one ear that flops and one straight up, a broken jaw from some trauma that happened before I found him being sad and trembling and hiding in the corner at the pound among 43 others that were yelling and yapping. I got him a week after the wife passed on and I thought "If I can't save the wife, I can at least save that dog". It turns out to be the reverse and we have both gotten past some really bad times.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
OH, I love fresh basil!! I like to make my own pesto sauce. I always end up with more than I can possibly use, but it still smells so heavenly! I put my basil in a planter on the porch. Same with rosemary, parsley and green onions. With the green onions, it's easy to reseed at intervals that way too so you have a small yet continual yield..
Like you, I don't usually like to put things out in the ground until at least the first week of May, last week of April at the earliest. I'll do good enough just to keep the deer and rabbits out of everything again, hehe. The wild critters steal everything they can get to, LOL!
I plant enough sweet corn for me, deer, raccoons, and other wild critters. Then any that gets messed over by the critters, gets shaved off and fed to the chickens. They like the tender bits too including the silks. The deer keep coming down to my old corn patch. I suppose they are wondering when the old man is going to plant some more ?. Soon, my friends.. soon. The chickens like fresh green tomatoes too, so I set out enough of those for all of us. They get the ones lowest on the vines, and I get the ones higher up.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

One final post before I go out to greet the CREATOR's new day. About my dog, When he sees me getting ready to go out, he runs and lays on my shoes so that I won't forget him... LIke I have ever forgotten him in the last several years. LOL He has abandonment issues and goes where I go.

Even when I still worked, I took him every day to a dog sitter... a little old lady that had 2 of her own for him to play with. He knew exactly where we were going and would get excited about a 1/2 mile before we got to the sitter. Good Day.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> If I may ask, is he a jack Russell? They are such cute puppies. Sounds like he's about potty trained as well. My brother adopted a lab, he'd yell squirrel into the backyard wood, off shot the lab he would go from tree to tree. Dogs can be such loving creatures.
He is a rescue pup, they said he was half chihuahau and half russel,,but he looks 80\20 mexican side. His other two siblings were solid black and the same size so who knows what the little toe licker really is. He is 13" top of back at 3 months so I don't think he'll get much larger.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Good morning Ancient Wolf, Hempburn and fellow bird threaders. I hope everyone slept well. I did. The cold coming through the crack in my window woke me up. I couldn't go back to sleep so coffee is on at 8 on a Saturday morning. No sleeping in. Once I am awake I am awake. It is a big 19 degrees and frosty.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min Mike Duquette 130,246
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 28 min Republicans Are S... 16,129
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 37 min Republicans Are S... 149,917
Need 10 dozen Praches and Cream Corn 37 min friend 2
Johnnie Mcgegor at csc 1 hr Your fan 1
Exposing the UNITE ponzi pyramid scheme! 2 hr no why 4
Churches 3 hr Preached 3

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••