Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,721

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
so true

Morgantown, KY

#85898 Feb 14, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
Good mornin Everyone. Up since four. My Dad is in better spirits. He actually cracked a joke or two about the coming operation.
Talking about about how they need a surgeon to do a lumberjacks job. Little things like that.
Nurse says they will be here shortly to wheel him to the operating room.
You all better know how sincerely I Thank You for all the good words, and feelngs, and prayers and good wishes.
You all will be in my prayers.... Take care today for you and all of yours...
so true

Morgantown, KY

#85899 Feb 14, 2013
Happy Valentines Day to all you great folks... Hope you get to spend it with those you love. Hugs, and smiles to each and every one of ya....

I like not only to be loved, but also to be told that I am loved. I am not sure that you are of the same mind. But the realm of silence is large enough beyond the grave. This is the world of light and speech, and I shall take leave to tell you that you are very dear."
so true

Morgantown, KY

#85900 Feb 14, 2013
Saragon wrote:
Hi everyone. There has been lots of things going on so I have not been near a computer in a long time. Hurricane Sandy did a number on our motorhome but thankfully we got away in our truck with the dogs. We got home and guess what, no home. there was a fire while we were gone and I had forgotten to give our neighbor my new cell phone number.Hubby and I and the dogs are ok and thats all that matters. We lived on the houseboat until the new one was built. Lost a lot of THINGS but still have my memories. P.S. A Solider is doing much better.
My heart goes out to you. The memories will stay ,but it is like a death.. Much love and kindness to you both...

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#85902 Feb 14, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning Blueminer. I am glad to hear about the jokes. It reminds me of an incident where I went fishing early one morning and cast a large top water bait toward the bank and it caught on a bush hanging out over the water. When I twitched the rod to retrieve the bait, it came flying back and lodged in my forehead between the bill of my cap and my glasses. The neighbor took me to the ER with the bait dangling on my cap.
I was not aware that one could pull the skin that far off your forehead, but I told the nurse to leave it alone and I would hold it myself. The doctor came in and tried to remove the thing but with no luck. Finally the Hospital maintenance guy came in with a set of bolt cutters and they pushed the barb on out through the other direction and the maintenance guy cut the stainless steel barb with the bolt cutters and backed it back out. When they were done, I said "I don't know if I owe a Doctor bill or a Plumber bill". The doctor just looked up without a smile and said "both".. LOL
A similar thing happened to Hubby. He had the bad habit of leaving his fishing poles baited. One morning he announced that he was going fishing. He came back 10 min. later with one of those barbed hooks stuck in his thumb. Don't know how he got it stuck there, but he did. He expected me to get it out,and of course I couldn't. So away he went to the E.R. to have it removed. Those hooks are dangerous. Hubby caught a 250 pound fish....himself.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85903 Feb 14, 2013
Good Morning to all the virtual Valentines. MY internet did not want me to say that just yet, until now.

I just hope some guys don't come around about 10:30 a.m. pretending to be cops and line us all up against the wall, thinking we are part of the Bug's Moran 1929 gangsters and shower us with presents from Tommy Guns. So don't wear your dark suits and black and white wing tip shoes, and maybe you can stay off the wall. LOL Candy and Flowers would be much better, but Dog did not go shopping. I did not either. Oh well.
so true

Morgantown, KY

#85904 Feb 14, 2013
Well may you be blessed with much love from him and others today AW... I dont think , I will wear my suit today, unless it is my red one..lol Have a good one...
Im a love sick fool, and stupid cupid , I blame you....
Educated guess

Duluth, GA

#85905 Feb 14, 2013
Everybody is so fast to blame coal. Ok let me out these FACTS out here. The ice sheet in Greenland is melting 2 times faster today day than in the early 1990s.
Blame this on coal? Ok in the early 1990s we were burning much much more coal than we are today. So how is coal causing this twice as fast today when we are burning less coal today than we have since we have realized what coal is.
Coal is a natural resource right? I believe God have us coal to make our life's easier, so we should really take advantage of what he blesses us with.
Who knows about the birds we will find out soon enough. We definitely know it wasn't due to the "myan" calendar lol. What a joke. Y2k doomsday 2012, these thing will go on long as humans are in excistsnce.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85907 Feb 14, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
Good mornin Everyone. Up since four. My Dad is in better spirits. He actually cracked a joke or two about the coming operation.
Talking about about how they need a surgeon to do a lumberjacks job. Little things like that.
Nurse says they will be here shortly to wheel him to the operating room.
You all better know how sincerely I Thank You for all the good words, and feelngs, and prayers and good wishes.
Still sending out Blessings to you. Sounds like he's on the road to recovery or at least feeling better:) See, all things are possible: Happy Valentine's Day;)
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85908 Feb 14, 2013
Whether you have someone, your pets or alone, tell somebody you Love them. I guarantee you it will make them happy and might surprise them. To you All, Happy Valentine's Day from my hearth to yours. Enjoy the nice weather , the sunshine sure is nice...
Stantheman

Duluth, GA

#85909 Feb 14, 2013
country hick wrote:
more birds fell today
Where ?

Location hidden

#85911 Feb 14, 2013
Been busy all day, taking out all the contents of cupboards so that the new dishwasher can be installed today. Our old refrigerator decided to die, so that is coming too. Last week's bad luck turned out to be very expensive. The lesson I learned is sleep walking is not only dangerous, it is costly...and when one appliance dies, another is sure to follow. Grrrr... Where is everybody??Probably enjoying the sunshine. Talk to you folks later, after I put my house back in order.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#85912 Feb 14, 2013
Well, I was fishing one day. Snagged an old lantern. When I got the crazy thing out of the water... It was still burning. Happy Fishing.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#85913 Feb 14, 2013
happy valentines everyone. joe poodle and i have been outside most of the day. hubby is going to sleep right thru till its time for him to work tonight and i over slept this morning so it doesnt look like we will be seeing each other this valentines day. guess joe can be my valentine.
going to make special teriyaki chicken stir fry for dinner. joe likes a good warm meal just as much as hubby but i don't know how he will feel about broccoli and water chestnuts.
my mom made me up a pile of peanut butter fudge on a plate that has hearts all over it and tied a red ribbon and a valentine note to it. she still makes us all easter baskets too. love her.

im off for now to go enjoy the sun some more.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#85914 Feb 14, 2013
Just waiting on the birds to see the new seeds I put out...Lots of Robins out today.

Location hidden

#85915 Feb 14, 2013
Leaving the Light On wrote:
Well, I was fishing one day. Snagged an old lantern. When I got the crazy thing out of the water... It was still burning. Happy Fishing.
LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85916 Feb 14, 2013
Leaving the Light On wrote:
In honor of the dearly departed UNA.. that is older than dinosaur dung. LOL You turn your lantern out and I won't tell you about the picture I caught of a fish with a picture of a worm. LOL

Location hidden

#85917 Feb 14, 2013
Poor Una. I really miss the Sunday School teacher. Imagine that. I guessed that he was smart, but never would I have guessed, in a billion, trillion years that he was a church deacon. LOLOLOL. Lala
little elf

Columbia, KY

#85918 Feb 14, 2013
I tried to catch one out of an old car in the lake it role the window up.
Blueminer

United States

#85919 Feb 14, 2013
Good Afternoon Everyone! Til this morn I though docs were only removing his foot. But the removed the leg just below the knee. After anesthetic wore off, I could swear he was healthier already.

There seems to be a lot of irony to all of this. Last night had me playing peacemaker, and that took a lot of charm, that I had forgotten I knew how to do. And a little tough love.

As of last night a whole lot of people are closer than they have ever been. I surely have more grey hair today. An hour and a half of dealing with four women on the phone, and about ten calls in the middle of all that from someone I've been trying to shake left me more drained than I've been in years... More later. Thanks!
Waiyusotan

Morehead, KY

#85920 Feb 14, 2013
CLASSIFIED: Free Yorkshire Terrier. 8yrs. old.Hateful little b#@%$^d.Bites! LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a girl who will POOP all OVER me! ;P (Apr '14) 3 hr gator 15
Jason woolum (Jul '11) 6 hr buster hyman 13
jeff vaughn not dories jeff violas jeff is a rat 7 hr Mee 3
terry smith from the creek 8 hr Curious 3
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 hr HistoricallySpeaking 131,885
poachers on davis bend (Nov '10) 8 hr take my word 19
Need food badly 8 hr koko 53
what happen on the creek ambulances an law is u... 11 hr Get a life 8
Porsche mills Fri Well.... 24
To the Garland family Thu Well.... 3
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville