Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,615)

Showing posts 72,281 - 72,300 of81,563
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

This is a must too. It is my BIRD story for the day...hahaha

Cat and owl playing - Fum & Gebra - Perfect friendship!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

well Good Night Topix friends, I had my ice cream and DOG got the bottom part of the cone and thinks we should go to our bedroom now and watch a little tv or eyelids. He likes to watch programs that has puppies whimpering. Maybe I can find one for him.
Saragon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Hi everyone. There has been lots of things going on so I have not been near a computer in a long time. Hurricane Sandy did a number on our motorhome but thankfully we got away in our truck with the dogs. We got home and guess what, no home. there was a fire while we were gone and I had forgotten to give our neighbor my new cell phone number.Hubby and I and the dogs are ok and thats all that matters. We lived on the houseboat until the new one was built. Lost a lot of THINGS but still have my memories. P.S. A Solider is doing much better.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Saragon wrote:
Hi everyone. There has been lots of things going on so I have not been near a computer in a long time. Hurricane Sandy did a number on our motorhome but thankfully we got away in our truck with the dogs. We got home and guess what, no home. there was a fire while we were gone and I had forgotten to give our neighbor my new cell phone number.Hubby and I and the dogs are ok and thats all that matters. We lived on the houseboat until the new one was built. Lost a lot of THINGS but still have my memories. P.S. A Solider is doing much better.
Hi Saragon, I am so sorry to hear about all that. Bless your heart, I am so happy you, hubby and the dogs are okay. What a shame.(((HUGS)) I wish we all could help. Where are you staying? On your houseboat? I hope everything turns around for you. Tell A Soldier we still think of him often and glad he is doing better.

Our resident aggravator Una Farter, who turned out to be friends with us prior to the holidays, died of a heart attack on Jan 31st. He started as a menace, but we really miss him now. Can you believe that? OJG has only briefly popped in while moving and getting settled. Still a bunch of us on here. So glad you dropped in and let us know how you were doing. I hope you get everything taken care of soon. No one can take our memories. Love, hugs, and blessings to you.
Saragon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Thanks AB, a friend of ours builds houses so he did ours. It's funny, we bought some property near the lake and said some day we would build a house there when we sold the farm. I did not look at it that way, I saw it as an investment. We got it dirt cheap and I planned on selling it when land prices went up. Now I live here. I miss the farm and all my animals. We still go back every few days to check on them, but its not the same. Life really is about changes. I am sorry to hear about Una Farter, he was a mean person when I was on here and I am so glad he became a friend. I wish I had known him then.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Saragon wrote:
Thanks AB, a friend of ours builds houses so he did ours. It's funny, we bought some property near the lake and said some day we would build a house there when we sold the farm. I did not look at it that way, I saw it as an investment. We got it dirt cheap and I planned on selling it when land prices went up. Now I live here. I miss the farm and all my animals. We still go back every few days to check on them, but its not the same. Life really is about changes. I am sorry to hear about Una Farter, he was a mean person when I was on here and I am so glad he became a friend. I wish I had known him then.
So happy to hear that. Guess something good will come out of it afterall. It must have been meant to be to buy that land. I know you miss your animals though. We just have to roll with the changes don't we. I am so glad you guys weren't at home when it happened. What started it?

Yeah, that ole fart gave it to me good for months, I wish we could have all made ammends way back when. But I was glad he warmed up to us bird threaders he started out hating so much. He really was a hoot. Don't know if he got bad news to prompt it or just got in the holiday spirit. We really had fun with him the last couple months he was posting. You would of enjoyed it. Him and AW had a lot in common and had many interesting posts about back in the day. lol
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

This sounds like something you'd expect to find in the bluegrass state, but in Oklahoma, investigators found a mini meth lab inside a porta-potty in a golf course. I guess being in there for six hours while the waiting line screamed "I gotta go" caused some suspicion.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text>I think the chill in the air and the rain coming has caused the ones outside to fly away.Couple in Conn. married for 80 years! Talk about a lifetime:) On a sad note, SARS like symptoms have been linked to around 11 deaths in the UK.
Wow. That's sad.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

I'm calling it a night, Fine Folks. Still lonely here. Partner's been out trucking about five weeks now. He'll have to be on the road for several more. The taxes won't pay themselves. Fortunately, I was able to pay two quarters worth of both federal and state. Still we'll have several grande to pay. Ahh, I'm not complaining. At least we have more than someone else somewhere who has ill health and no home at all. To all Goodnight and keep the home fires burning.
Saragon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

I guess it has been fun decorating a new house, but I sure miss the old one. I am pretty tired so I will get some sleep. I have slept in so many different beds since October that it sure is nice to settle down in just one. LOL Good nite and God bless AB

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Hi lala, misty-eyed, Ancient Wolf..
I see we are all in agreement with AW's outlook on things. Plus, you moved again??? haha
I hope "Nope" is feeling better and joins us again. Blueminer too! I know his heart is heavy and we could keep him cheered up.:)
lala, you have got to see this video update on that sinkhole. Just getting bigger. Plus, Nevada had several earthquakes again today and in the 5.1 magnitude range.
Louisiana sinkhole swallows another 5,000 square feet (PHOTO)
Date: Feb. 12, 2013
Earlier today, there was a slough in at the sinkhole. An estimated 50 x 100 foot section sloughed in on the southwest side of the sinkhole. The slough in does not affect Hwy 70 as the event occurred on the opposite side of the sinkhole.
http://enenews.com/newspaper-louisiana-sinkho...
That sinkhole is very dangerous. Not only is it emitting flammable gasses, it is near radioactive waste. If that thing blows, it will definitely set off the New Madrid. There is virtually no mainstream news coverage, and unless people dig for information, people are unaware of the danger. I'll bet that news coverage is curtailed so that panic will not ensue. Scary stuff. Thanks for keeping an eye on it.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Good night, everyone. Sorry to hear the bad news, Saragon, but we will keep you in our prayers. Good-night and hope we will meet again tomorrow. Love and prayers to all.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Hempburn wrote:
This sounds like something you'd expect to find in the bluegrass state, but in Oklahoma, investigators found a mini meth lab inside a porta-potty in a golf course. I guess being in there for six hours while the waiting line screamed "I gotta go" caused some suspicion.
Hi Hempburn, haha, that is funny, not really, but a reality. KY does have some meth heads the Attorney General is trying hard to get under control. All that pot smoking busts funds could be spent on those types of crimes. It is eating society in many poor towns and cities across the state. It is such a hazard to life and property, not to mention the emergency and law enforcement that have to contain it. What a mess.

I did read that story and just shook my head. They have no common sense, it has eaten that part of their brain first, if they had any to begin with. Walmart bathrooms, hotel rooms, really? They should of stuck with the herb. lol

Did that little biscuit get to play in any of the white stuff yet? lol
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
I'm calling it a night, Fine Folks. Still lonely here. Partner's been out trucking about five weeks now. He'll have to be on the road for several more. The taxes won't pay themselves. Fortunately, I was able to pay two quarters worth of both federal and state. Still we'll have several grande to pay. Ahh, I'm not complaining. At least we have more than someone else somewhere who has ill health and no home at all. To all Goodnight and keep the home fires burning.
Good night Misty eyed. Have a peaceful night. Hate it that your partner is going to be gone for Valentine's Day. At least you have one. lol
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Saragon wrote:
I guess it has been fun decorating a new house, but I sure miss the old one. I am pretty tired so I will get some sleep. I have slept in so many different beds since October that it sure is nice to settle down in just one. LOL Good nite and God bless AB
New beginnings must have been in the plan for you two. Though you miss the old one, like you said you have your memories, you can start a new one with new memories. You have each other and your animals. I hope you get an awesome bed with heavenly comforters. Goodnight Saragon, God Bless You too!:)
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Oglala wrote:
Good night, everyone. Sorry to hear the bad news, Saragon, but we will keep you in our prayers. Good-night and hope we will meet again tomorrow. Love and prayers to all.
Back at you lala. Goodnight!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>Wow. That's sad.
Just to update 5:11 have died. Sorry for the misinformation. It's called the corona virus. Just thought I'd clarify it is in the SARS family. Sounds like it is coming from the Middle East. Night.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Good night Misty eyed. Have a peaceful night. Hate it that your partner is going to be gone for Valentine's Day. At least you have one. lol
Thanks, you are right. I do think he brightened up my life. It's like plowing a field though, no work then no play. And always remember You are never too old to play in the ball game. Hehe.Lights out...
lights out

Maysville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

what is this all about?
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> I caught up on the latest episode. Trying to figure out the why of somebody old coming back to town.I've tried for years to break the habit of soaps, but hey. I need something fine to look at while the cat is away.LOL. I prefer reading at night unless it's something entriguing. Michael Faust perhaps.
its in my blood... my mom and grandma have religiously watched my whole life. i remember sitting around watching it with them before i learned to read. lol.... i just cant help it. i stop watching for a few months when it gets boring then i just get aggravated cause i don't know whats going on when i start watching again so i end up watching them all on you tube to catch up.... then it gets boring all over again and im back to square one :) this is the best time to watch... they are gearing up for super couple week.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 72,281 - 72,300 of81,563
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

52 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Billy Lake (Sep '11) 17 min ash 31
Pull an absess tooth? is that dangerous (Sep '08) 20 min jacqueline buskey 39
ashley lake (Apr '12) 22 min justsaying 20
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 36 min wtf 146,061
Greg Simpson and Betsy Cecil stealing 52 min ash 12
Beautiful selfies on Facebook 53 min justasking 37
Stacy frost carnes 1 hr please 7
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••