Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,724

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85813 Feb 12, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I love my life. I have my piano, work, friends, lots of books and my grown children. I like my weirdness and embrace it.
Same here on loving life. I love to listen to piano, but after 6 years of lessons I still can't play and especially now that Arthur sits on my hands. I don't call it weird though, I prefer to call it "unique" and I have always liked unique things and unique people who did not feel like they had to be like someone else. "To Thine Own Self, Be True".

I have lived alone since the wife went to the nursing facility 9 years ago and passed 7 years ago. I have no need for nor plans to change life styles, but I do have many friends (and 22 chickens and a dog) lol.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85814 Feb 12, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I had bilateral cataract surgery, with new lenses implanted. For the first time in my life, I did not need to wear glasses, except to read. For an extra $5,000. per eye, I could have had implants that would allow me to see near and far. I said, for that kind of money, I could buy myself a ton of reading glasses. No, thanks.
I have perfect vision to read and look at the computer screen. Unlike most people, I have to take my glasses off to do so, but I need them to see the door when the dog wants to go out. LOL Eye people wanted to give me bifocals and I said why bother? I have already trained myself to put my glasses down to do close up work.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85815 Feb 12, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I read a lot ! I usually polish off two books a week jumping between fiction and non-fiction (big history fan).
I don't do fiction at all, I guess I am too interested in History to care for fiction. I especially like to read about the little details of the American Revolution and the Civil War and the "Roaring Twenties" and the Depression Era.

Example was the invention of the ice cream cone. It was the World's Fair in St. Louis (I believe 1806) when some guy was trying to sell waffles without much luck and another was trying to sell ice cream and ran out of bowls, so they rolled up the waffle and WOLLA... the cone!!(and even Sav-a-Lot sells a brand of nut covered cones called "World's Fair" and they are really good).
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85816 Feb 13, 2013
@Nope.. I am enjoying waking up and being able to see without the dilated pupils. Although miracles can and do happen, I won't try to out think GOD and pray for your healing. That may or may not be GOD's plan for us.

But I will pray that you can find PEACE and COMFORT in knowing that with or without a miracle healing, you can be stress free. I was asked today by the Doctor if I wanted to schedule a colon exam? or a prostrate exam? I said "NoPE" to both.

If I were 20 years younger then maybe I would, but at my age I am not likely to live another 20 years anyways so why spend all that time in the hospital? or a nursing home? or needing someone to watch over me? Thanks, but no Thanks. When it is my time, I will just wave "bye bye" and say "Thanks, for the ride".
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85817 Feb 13, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't do fiction at all, I guess I am too interested in History to care for fiction. I especially like to read about the little details of the American Revolution and the Civil War and the "Roaring Twenties" and the Depression Era.
Example was the invention of the ice cream cone. It was the World's Fair in St. Louis (I believe 1806) when some guy was trying to sell waffles without much luck and another was trying to sell ice cream and ran out of bowls, so they rolled up the waffle and WOLLA... the cone!!(and even Sav-a-Lot sells a brand of nut covered cones called "World's Fair" and they are really good).
Correction.. my eyes are better but my fingers are still... it was the 1904 World's Fair in St. Louis, not 1806.
so true

Elizabethtown, KY

#85818 Feb 13, 2013
Early morn, to all .... We travel so many places , in our life, never knowing where we may tread, or end up . Just ever now and then we walk on a spot that was really meant for us to be there. I have done this and without thought , traveled on. May we all go where home is , and may we know it when our feet come across it....

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart
i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)"

e.e. cummings, 1894-1962
uh-huh

Cadiz, KY

#85819 Feb 13, 2013
??

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#85820 Feb 13, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I read a lot ! I usually polish off two books a week jumping between fiction and non-fiction (big history fan).
You might enjoy the book, "After America." It's a little heavier reading, but well worth it.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#85821 Feb 13, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I don't do fiction at all, I guess I am too interested in History to care for fiction. I especially like to read about the little details of the American Revolution and the Civil War and the "Roaring Twenties" and the Depression Era.

20's thru depression era are very interesting; however, the post WW II era is one of my favorites. The dynamics of that war forever changed the family structure, the role women played in the work forces and redefined the American way of life.
Blueminer

United States

#85822 Feb 13, 2013
To Nope...I hope all this comes across to you like I mean it. I too have had to deal with panic attacks from time to time. And of course other things that would tend to get one all worked up and nervous. What has done me the most good is the realization that things that are not of my control are not worth getting so worked up about, then I learned how to control those panic attacks.

When a panic attack comes I am quickly on my feet and out the door for a walk. A slow easy walk. The object is to slow the heart and brain down. My thought will be I can't control whatever sparked this so I'll go w/the flow the best way I can...TBC
Blueminer

United States

#85823 Feb 13, 2013
CONTINUEING, Put my thoughts on my breathing. And always, always look around you for simple pleasures in life as you are walking. You know those kind of simple pleasures taht are free, the ones God and mother nature put out here for us. Let your eyes bring to your brain things which make you feel good. As someone pointed out recently without this dreary rainy day, theres is no nourishment for tommorrow, no flowers for our eyes, no birds singing in our ears, no scents for our noses. Our rainy dreary rainy days are everything that we love.

We always know the sun is there. As well as The Son. Hopes and Prayers for You Nope! You will be OK.
Blueminer

United States

#85824 Feb 13, 2013
Nope I'm wondering have you recently started new meds, dropped old meds, or had a change in regimen? Any one of which may work to trigger panic attacks?

Check timeline compare to when panic attacks started.
Blueminer

United States

#85825 Feb 13, 2013
Verification, references to dreary rainy days was a literal reference. Still we can only go with that flow. Love the clouds, love the rain. Both will bring much pleasure.

Smiles are so much better after tears. Laughter never rings louder till we quell some fears.
so true

Elizabethtown, KY

#85826 Feb 13, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
To you all;
God please bless my family,
wherever they may be.
Keep them warm and safe from harm
For theyíre so close to me.
And God, there is just one more thing
I wish that You could do;
Hope You donít mind me asking,
can You bless my computer too?
Now I know that itís unusual
to Bless a motherboard.
But listen just a second
while I explain it all to You.
You see that little metal box
holds more than odds and ends;
Inside those small compartments
rest so many of my friends.
I know so much about them
by the kindness that they give,
and this little scrap of metal
takes me in to where they live.
By faith is how I know them,
much the same as You.
We share in what life brings us
and from that our friendships grew.
Please take an extra minute
from Your duties up above,
to bless those in my chat rooms
that are filled with so much love.
<Author Unknown>
To you as well.. Blessings for you ...
so true

Elizabethtown, KY

#85827 Feb 13, 2013
May we all have flowers for Val Day..

The Grace Of Flowers
Sue Coppernoll

Gladiolas in a white vase,
their magenta faces shining
in early morning light
streaming through a windowpane
speckled with last night's raindrops,
bring me to wakefulness,
adoration, and hope.

Another volley of blossom
unfolds atop their stems,
assuring me that on the morrow
I shall yet have their company.

Breathing gratitude,
I pour cool water from a crystal pitcher
into the vase
with a devout prayer:
"May my life also unfold
in radiance and in beauty."

I return the flowers
to a corner of the hearth,
knowing I am ready, now,
for what the day may bring.

so true

Elizabethtown, KY

#85828 Feb 13, 2013
No More Smalling Up Of Me
Jean Wilson

No more meekly saying 'yes'
When my heart is screaming 'no'
No more taming of my feelings
So my power won't show
No more hiding my exuberance
From disapproving eyes
No more watering down myself
So my spirit won't rise

No more 'smalling up' of me
Pretending I am not here
No more running from the music
And the spotlight's glare
No more living in this prison
Barricaded by my fears
No more turning and retreating
In the face of new frontiers

Even as I am speaking
I am taking shape and form
Harnessing my powers
Like a gathering storm
There's no obstacle so bold
As to dare stand in my way
I am taking back my life
And I am doing it today.

Blueminer

United States

#85829 Feb 13, 2013
Good mornin to Everyone.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85830 Feb 13, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Hi Bird peeps. Glad to see everyone tonight. I've been laying low today, not feeling well again.
Two days ago heart palpations started back up again with a vengeance and I just generally feel like crap. Getting dizzy spells again, periods of being lightheaded, and shortness of breath too. It comes and goes. I have no idea what's going on, but I have a feeling that I probably have another artery that's severely blocked again. It's too soon though, since not long ago I had an angioplasty with stent placements.
So those of you who believe in prayer, could you send some my way? It's too early for me to start having symptoms like this already after my last procedure and I'm getting worried. On top of these symptoms, it causes me to have severe panic attacks because I don't know yet what's going on.. Anyone who's ever had a heart attack is well aware that you don't generally know one is coming until it stomps your butt...
Thanks guys. I'd appreciate all the prayers you all can muster up. There is power in numbers!! And I believe in the power of prayer!!
Love ya'll,
_-_Nope_-_
Perhaps, you could get back to the doctor. Try not stress out thought. Unless your Peeps do that. You will be in my thoughts and I send you my Blessing of recovering soon and more life filled with happiness. An apple and laughter might just make that ticker feel better. May love surround you and your health improve soon:) Sure do miss you ...

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#85831 Feb 13, 2013
Wow, it's been a long one. No birds out today. Had a rain snow mix this morning for a while. Crazy.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85832 Feb 13, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
For the BIRDS:
Viking Wilderness: Owl Snipes a Vole
The great gray owl spots his prey and snatches him up!
http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/owl-sn...
Raptor Resource Project
&#8206;~ 02/12/13: Mom & Dad Surprise Us With A Visit ~
Mom and Dad make a brief appearance on camera today and tidy up the original nest a bit about 1:43pm CST.(They did not bring any nesting materials or sticks in on this visit.) About 8 minutes later, vocals were heard in an apparent off camera mating. Our thanks to video maker 989razzle who has combined both the nest visit and off cam vocals in this link.
We are still unsure of which nest our Mom & Dad intend to use, but as we are approaching egg laying time pretty soon, we will just keep watching and waiting. We will let you know as soon as they have determined which nest they will use for 2013.
Decorah Eagles Surprise Visit & Mating Vocalizations 2-12-13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Sz2RXgmYXGMXX
I love watching these Eagles and their young. Can't wait to see which one they decide to use. If you love bird watching, watching these Eagles.
Magnificent creatures. Partner saw a bald eagle while driving through Montana last week. I enjoy hearing the different sound of birds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jason hughes 4 min blah 4
Who is Winston tye seeing now....... 5 min tinsel 3
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr dollarsbill 132,120
Cody Carnes 3 hr molly 4
terry smith from the creek 3 hr molly 8
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) 9 hr kim 186
How many kindergarten teachers at Lay? 13 hr friend 16
dinky phipps 14 hr Comment 14
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville