Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,732

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85769 Feb 12, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Another one for lala:
Clever horse dumps rider
http://entertainment.msn.com/videopreview/...
Too funny.
Haha. I swear, I think that dump was deliberate. Did you see how the horse galloped right over to the tree and then so carefully change directions? ROFL. Bad day perhaps. Funny, I agree.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#85770 Feb 12, 2013
Correction: I was rejected by the ONE, long, long, ago,as were you.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85772 Feb 12, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Correction: I was rejected by the ONE, long, long, ago,as were you.
But time and tide has made you such a better person;) I gather this from how you care for both hubby and that grandson. You are one terrific person;) It's amazing how much we grow from all of our experience in life. I know it gives me strength when I need it. I have always taken everybody at face value as kind, truthful individuals, never conniving or manipulating. Boy, I learned quickly how you can be chewed up and spat out. This has changed me for the better, but sometimes I over think people and dump them if I feel like I'm being controlled and treated unfairly. I have trouble dealing with their personalities.
creeping thing

AOL

#85773 Feb 12, 2013
"Professing to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things." (Romans 1:20-23, NKJV)

Location hidden

#85774 Feb 12, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> But time and tide has made you such a better person;) I gather this from how you care for both hubby and that grandson. You are one terrific person;) It's amazing how much we grow from all of our experience in life. I know it gives me strength when I need it. I have always taken everybody at face value as kind, truthful individuals, never conniving or manipulating. Boy, I learned quickly how you can be chewed up and spat out. This has changed me for the better, but sometimes I over think people and dump them if I feel like I'm being controlled and treated unfairly. I have trouble dealing with their personalities.
The best way for me to deal with people is to give them the benefit of the doubt, and to treat them compassionately. If there is a reason to be wary of a new acquaintance, the person will show their true colors relatively early in the relationship. If the person is not who they portend to be, then I let the relationship slip away, before they have had the opportunity to do harm. I prejudge no one. For example, I have one friendship that others find peculiar. This individual is "from the other side of the tracks," has been involved in unsavory relationships and events, and who appears on the surface to be "tough," even criminal in nature. Over the passage of time, this individual has shown me "another side" who he protects from most people from seeing. He has been helpful, loyal, truthful with me, so I see no reason to avoid him. I am not naieve, so I do keep my guard up somewhat, but this person has never shown me the side that most people see. The moral of my story is that I take each person as they relate to me, and don't let preconceived notions influence me.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85775 Feb 12, 2013
creeping thing wrote:
"Professing to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things." (Romans 1:20-23, NKJV)
Judge not lest though be judged. Also, no one is pretending to be wise on this thread. We just share our thoughts, experience and news. No one person is perfect.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85776 Feb 12, 2013
My thought for the day: Why would you take the splinter from your neighbor's eye not to take the log from yours? ;) A great question. Nice day today. The birds have been enjoying it. So will I;)

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#85777 Feb 12, 2013
Happy Mardi Gras
Laissez les bons temps roule
Just stopped into say hi, I am enjoying a rare day off and cooking a traditional Cajun dinner. Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday which begins Lent. While I'm not Catholic, these things remind me Easter and spring are just around the corner!

Location hidden

#85779 Feb 12, 2013
I usually order one from Magee's Bakery. I love the tradition and culture of the region, but then again when my children were still at home we also celebrated Bastille day. Maybe that's why I am 48 and single?
because it was there

Glasgow, KY

#85780 Feb 12, 2013
n/m the religious stuff in the beginning-

Location hidden

#85781 Feb 12, 2013
Where is everybody today. I'm getting lonely without you folks. Haven't sen Nope and Hempburn for awhile.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#85782 Feb 12, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
Happy Mardi Gras
Laissez les bons temps roule
Just stopped into say hi, I am enjoying a rare day off and cooking a traditional Cajun dinner. Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday which begins Lent. While I'm not Catholic, these things remind me Easter and spring are just around the corner!
Even with my own sunglasses and not the cheap throw-aways they gave me, it was a bit rough making the 30 miles trip back in that lovely sunshine everyone is so enjoying. I got the wide eyes and just scanning the posts until later tonight. Cataract replacement lenses are fine. One is 8 years old and the other is 5.

For any who have never had that done, they scrape the film off the back of the eye and install a fake lens. Immediately, better sight and no longer looking through what appears to be the bottom of a Coca Cola bottle. There is really no pain and the worst you feel is like someone dropped a small poece of something really cold in the corner of your eye. A piece of cake.. speaking of which.. Today is FAT TUESDAY... Let's eat. LOL You folks have a good day. I will be back when I can see better.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85783 Feb 12, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
I usually order one from Magee's Bakery. I love the tradition and culture of the region, but then again when my children were still at home we also celebrated Bastille day. Maybe that's why I am 48 and single?
Being single isn't a bad thing, perhaps you are lucky. One can't always be impervious to the in laws a partner might bring with him or her. Just look at it this way ; if it gets too rough enjoy an intelligent conversation with yourself LOL, at least, you'll know you're right and not wrong. My 75 yr. old uncle who passed away several years ago said this: I come and go as I please, don't have to answer to anyone but myself and really not missing anything. Reckon he was correct; he hadn't lost anything when he expired. LOL.
qwerty

United States

#85784 Feb 12, 2013
Take the time to relax, even for a short time today friends and associates. There will be plenty of time tomorrow to take care of business, so try to make room for some play-doh this afternoon. Watching a movie with family and friends will help you to forget about your, um, what was it, that something or another in the real world for a few hours.

Location hidden

#85786 Feb 12, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text>Being single isn't a bad thing, perhaps you are lucky. One can't always be impervious to the in laws a partner might bring with him or her. Just look at it this way ; if it gets too rough enjoy an intelligent conversation with yourself LOL, at least, you'll know you're right and not wrong. My 75 yr. old uncle who passed away several years ago said this: I come and go as I please, don't have to answer to anyone but myself and really not missing anything. Reckon he was correct; he hadn't lost anything when he expired. LOL.
I love my life. I have my piano, work, friends, lots of books and my grown children. I like my weirdness and embrace it.

Location hidden

#85787 Feb 12, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Even with my own sunglasses and not the cheap throw-aways they gave me, it was a bit rough making the 30 miles trip back in that lovely sunshine everyone is so enjoying. I got the wide eyes and just scanning the posts until later tonight. Cataract replacement lenses are fine. One is 8 years old and the other is 5.
For any who have never had that done, they scrape the film off the back of the eye and install a fake lens. Immediately, better sight and no longer looking through what appears to be the bottom of a Coca Cola bottle. There is really no pain and the worst you feel is like someone dropped a small poece of something really cold in the corner of your eye. A piece of cake.. speaking of which.. Today is FAT TUESDAY... Let's eat. LOL You folks have a good day. I will be back when I can see better.
I had bilateral cataract surgery, with new lenses implanted. For the first time in my life, I did not need to wear glasses, except to read. For an extra $5,000. per eye, I could have had implants that would allow me to see near and far. I said, for that kind of money, I could buy myself a ton of reading glasses. No, thanks.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#85788 Feb 12, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Where is everybody today. I'm getting lonely without you folks. Haven't sen Nope and Hempburn for awhile.
Hey lala. I been busy lately and perhaps not much to contribute here but I'm still around, so don't get too lonely

Location hidden

#85789 Feb 12, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I love my life. I have my piano, work, friends, lots of books and my grown children. I like my weirdness and embrace it.
Looks like you came to the right place when you posted here.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85790 Feb 12, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing like a good book. My Auntie once said: " If we were all the same, this world would be a boring place." How precisely right she is:)

Location hidden

#85791 Feb 12, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey lala. I been busy lately and perhaps not much to contribute here but I'm still around, so don't get too lonely
Miss your morning reports. I read every one of them. You know, when Una passed, you just happened to stop posting around the same time. For a short time, I thought that Una may have had a "good sock" and was posting under your moniker. I went all the way back to Una's last post, to try to find "Hempburn" posting after that date. It was with great relief that I found you. LOL. How's the pup doing?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is Winston tye seeing now....... 9 min Lee 15
What do you think 18 min Just sayin 1
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) 21 min Just sayin 188
teena Marie mills 51 min john 15
How many kindergarten teachers at Lay? 1 hr Anonymous 22
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr dollarsbill 132,232
hau mings mexican restaurant 2 hr NOBUGSFORME 1
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Dec 24 dad 52
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News