Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,704

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#85749 Feb 12, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Good night folks. Pleasant dreams, and may your Guardian Angel watch over you until you awake. Love and Prayers, Lala.
I need the Guardian Angel to keep on watching even after I awake and make sure old Arthur don't throw my coffee on the floor. I need to find my sunglasses. Got an eye appointment at the VA around the time the sun is highest in the sky and I am sure they will want to give me a case of the "wide eye" and DOG has proven to not be a very good truck driver. They would not even give him a driver's license and even if they did, he has no pocket for his wallet.
Blueminer

United States

#85750 Feb 12, 2013
Howls it goin Ancient Wolf?
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#85751 Feb 12, 2013
Doing fine Blueminer except that arthritis does not allow for staying in bed or out of it. I get plenty of rest, just have to do it in split shifts. Going to the VA in Lexington later today. How about you? I see you posted that part of your problem had been resolved. Good luck with the rest.
Blueminer

United States

#85752 Feb 12, 2013
I'm gettin along all right I reckon. Yep that thing is about to be cleared up. Though past history tells me it will return some time soon. I will deal with it differently though. Now it's time to deal with more difficult far more painful things. But the old me is returning. Which means I will probably get in trouble on Topix, though I won't be here near as much as I used to.

Even when I don't post I still read the thread nearly every day. Still an enjoyable thread.

Have a great day Wolf! And Everyone else.
So true

Morgantown, KY

#85753 Feb 12, 2013
Good morn, early one at that, to you early risers or late beders one. Got a full day. May you all be blessed with a good one. Full of love, hope, and happiness today. Many kind hugs y'all, take care!!!!:)
Blueminer

United States

#85754 Feb 12, 2013
And Thanks! I hope you find some good relief from the arthritis.
Blueminer

United States

#85755 Feb 12, 2013
So true wrote:
Good morn, early one at that, to you early risers or late beders one. Got a full day. May you all be blessed with a good one. Full of love, hope, and happiness today. Many kind hugs y'all, take care!!!!:)
u2 honeydew ; )
so true

Morgantown, KY

#85756 Feb 12, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
u2 honeydew ; )
Just popping back in for a minute.. U have made my day Blue,,, Thanks., that was so kind.. My grandfather used to call me that when I was little , it brought back great memories today.... When I was younger and we would work in the garden , he would yell, get the maters, honeydew, it was so funny seeing how we never raised honeydew, only watermelons, but that was what he called me at times...:) You have made this unspoken heart of this country girls day...Have a great one.. May yours not be blue at all...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85757 Feb 12, 2013
Good morning bird threaders. I see Ancient Wolf has moved again. lol

I left early morning yesterday and didn't get home until late last night. Too tired to even turn the laptop on. Don't look like I missed anything. Seems like a couple other people were missing too.."Nope", Hempburn?

I sure am enjoying waking up and hearing the birds in full melody...Sounds of Spring...ahhhhhh

Sunshine is bright, melting the frost and the sky is a beautiful blue, no chemtrails yet. haha

I hope everyone has a sunshiny day!:)
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85758 Feb 12, 2013
For lala,

These snow horses will make you ashamed of your childhood snowmen

We can't snowboard, we can't ski, we can't make a decent snowman or even a half-decent snow angel. But these crazy-talented snow sculptors somehow managed to carve out four hulking, realistic-looking stallions into a hillside in northeast China as part of a snow sculpture festival there at the end of December. This photo of their masterpiece from that event, which has started going viral online now, perfectly captures the magic of the artists’ creation. It's the largest horse sculpture in the world, and these artists did it all in plummeting temperatures while their toes and fingers were going numb. Color us impressed ... and ashamed of our sad lack of talent.[Source]
http://now.msn.com/horse-snow-sculpture-photo...

I would love to see all their sculptures. These horses are beautiful.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85759 Feb 12, 2013
For the BIRDS:

And for Nope, check these big eyes out, I would freak if I seen this in my grill.

Owl flies into truck's grill, then perches inside
http://entertainment.msn.com/videopreview/...

How Birds Got Their UV Vision
If optimists see the world through rose-colored lenses, some birds see it through ultraviolet ones. Avians have evolved ultraviolet vision quite a few times in history, a new study finds.
Birds depend on their color vision for selecting mates, hunting or foraging for food, and spotting predators. Until recently, ultraviolet vision was thought to have arisen as a one-time development in birds. But a new DNA analysis of 40 bird species, reported Feb. 11 in the journal BMC Evolutionary Biology, shows the shift between violet (shorter wavelengths on the electromagnetic spectrum) and ultraviolet vision has occurred at least 14 times.
"Birds see color in a different way from humans," study co-author Anders Ödeen, an animal ecologist at Uppsala University in Sweden, told LiveScience. Human eyes have three different color receptors, or cones, that are sensitive to light of different wavelengths and mix together to reveal all the colors we see. Birds, by contrast, have four cones, so "they see potentially more colors than humans do," Ödeen said.
To read more:
http://news.yahoo.com/birds-got-uv-vision-131...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85760 Feb 12, 2013
Another one for lala:

Clever horse dumps rider
http://entertainment.msn.com/videopreview/...

Too funny.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85761 Feb 12, 2013
PSA in honor of our departed Una/Teddy:

Subject: Mayo Clinic on Aspirin - PASS IT ON

Mayo Clinic Aspirin Dr. Virend Somers, is a Cardiologist from the Mayo Clinic, who is lead author of the report in the July 29, 2008 issue of the Journal of the American College of Cardiology.

Most heart attacks occur in the day, generally between 6 A.M. and noon. Having one during the night, when the heart should be most at rest, means that something unusual happened. Somers and his colleagues have been working for a decade to show that sleep apnea is to blame.

1. If you take an aspirin or a baby aspirin once a day, take it at night.

The reason: Aspirin has a 24-hour "half-life"; therefore, if most heart attacks happen in the wee hours of the morning, the Aspirin would be strongest in your system.

2. FYI, Aspirin lasts a really long time in your medicine chest for years,(when it gets old, it smells like vinegar).

Please read on.
Something that we can do to help ourselves - nice to know.

Bayer is making crystal aspirin to dissolve instantly on the tongue.

They work much faster than the tablets.

Why keep Aspirin by your bedside? It's about Heart Attacks -

There are other symptoms of a heart attack, besides the pain on the left arm. One must also be aware of an intense pain on the chin, as well as nausea and lots of sweating; however, these symptoms may also occur less frequently.

Note: There may be NO pain in the chest during a heart attack.

The majority of people (about 60%) who had a heart attack during their sleep did not wake up.

However, if it occurs, the chest pain may wake you up from your deep sleep.

If that happens, immediately dissolve two aspirins in your mouth and swallow them with a bit of water.

Afterwards:- Call 911.- Phone a neighbor or a family member who lives very close by.

- Say "heart attack!" - Say that you have taken 2 Aspirins.- Take a seat on a chair or sofa near the front door, and wait for their arrival and ....DO NOT LIE DOWN!

A Cardiologist has stated that if each person after receiving this message, sends it to 10 people, probably one life could be saved!

I have already shared this information. What about you?

Do share this message. It may save lives!

"Life is a one time gift"

I never had aspirin's smell like vinegar. Yuk

Also, be sure you tell your doctor about any aspirin regiment you do.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85762 Feb 12, 2013
Hope everyone has a great day. I am out of here to shower and get ready to meet friends for lunch.

Enjoy your day!
Blueminer

United States

#85763 Feb 12, 2013
Good mornin Abeliever. Beautiful day. Sunny Blue. Yet with a moroseful twist.

The ONE that rejected me and my sisters for years, from a hospital bed still brings us tears. He was never there now he requests we be there. If all goes as planned surgeons will remove one of his feet today. Years of self abuse and ignoring diabetes and 73 years old have him in pretty bad shape right now.

Removing the heel from his foot a week ago has failed to bring a staph infection under control. My sister still worships him. Bless her heart.

The onlyway I could force myself to go visit was see it all from the perspective that he is just a sick possibly dying old man that wants me there for support...how could I deny that, right?
Blueminer

United States

#85764 Feb 12, 2013
And as always Abeliever nice to see and read You!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#85765 Feb 12, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I need the Guardian Angel to keep on watching even after I awake and make sure old Arthur don't throw my coffee on the floor. I need to find my sunglasses. Got an eye appointment at the VA around the time the sun is highest in the sky and I am sure they will want to give me a case of the "wide eye" and DOG has proven to not be a very good truck driver. They would not even give him a driver's license and even if they did, he has no pocket for his wallet.
I hate that stuff they drop into your eyes to dilate them. My eye doctor gives out little fake sunglasses that do no good, especially if you have to drive a distance. Good luck at the VA.

Location hidden

#85766 Feb 12, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
For lala,
These snow horses will make you ashamed of your childhood snowmen
We can't snowboard, we can't ski, we can't make a decent snowman or even a half-decent snow angel. But these crazy-talented snow sculptors somehow managed to carve out four hulking, realistic-looking stallions into a hillside in northeast China as part of a snow sculpture festival there at the end of December. This photo of their masterpiece from that event, which has started going viral online now, perfectly captures the magic of the artists’ creation. It's the largest horse sculpture in the world, and these artists did it all in plummeting temperatures while their toes and fingers were going numb. Color us impressed ... and ashamed of our sad lack of talent.[Source]
http://now.msn.com/horse-snow-sculpture-photo...
I would love to see all their sculptures. These horses are beautiful.
Those sculptures were beautiful. Too bad they will melt. Oh, well, beauty is ephemeral, isn't it.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85767 Feb 12, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
The ONE that rejected me and my sisters for years, from a hospital bed still brings us tears. He was never there now he requests we be there. If all goes as planned surgeons will remove one of his feet today. Years of self abuse and ignoring diabetes and 73 years old have him in pretty bad shape right now.
Removing the heel from his foot a week ago has failed to bring a staph infection under control. My sister still worships him. Bless her heart.
The onlyway I could force myself to go visit was see it all from the perspective that he is just a sick possibly dying old man that wants me there for support...how could I deny that, right?
My mother walked away from her children. I do agree one cannot so easily forgive or forget. I would say though since he is an old decrepit man show him compassion. No one should die alone. You'll then find closure knowing that you were the better man and not like him. You have walked a rough road it appears, just remember somebody somewhere else might have been down a similar one. Enjoy the sunshine. We sure a a bright sun here today. Many Blessings to you:)

Location hidden

#85768 Feb 12, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
I think I understand your situation. I was that "ONE" long, long ago. I did not visit. I closed the door. But now I wonder if I should have made a different decision. We cannot control others, only ourselves. A simple act of forgiveness may have kept my conscience clear. Now there is no turning back time nor tide. My advice to you is to follow your heart. Love and Prayers from Lala

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 14 min Mike Duquette 131,518
Gary Williams NO MORE FREE COFFEE 1 hr fixthis 4
Marshha Lake is a ratting 1 hr Curious 4
Brett Ledford 2 hr WELL 9
Carla davis 4 hr Kickingwolf 8
tammy sparks 4 hr gerge 2
Barbourville utilities 4 hr better 4
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) 16 hr Anonymous 48
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info