Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
72,141 - 72,160 of 81,601 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#85720 Feb 11, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for the info. I had figured the nuclear disaster wouldn't go away. If we have levels of radiation here in Ky, the levels are higher in the western U.S. When will we and our children be safe? This is one reason why I abhor nuclear power. Disasters.
Whenever there is a big event, and mainstream news abruptly stops, you can be sure that there is something up. You'll find out what's going on if you do a little digging. That nuclear accident is worse than Chernobyl, and those reactors have not reached cold shut down yet. Radiation is cumulative. It will affect the babies first. Then in a few years, the cancer rates will start to increase in adults.
Hmmmmmm

Elizabethtown, KY

#85722 Feb 11, 2013
Birds die beautiful hope they find out the problem.
Happy Chemtrails to you

Frankfort, KY

#85724 Feb 11, 2013
There some serious dysfunction in this thread.
Wow

Duluth, GA

#85726 Feb 11, 2013
A dysfunctional troll just called everyone dysfunctional.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85727 Feb 11, 2013
I should have known someone would try to make something sexual out of my post about laying carpet. Contrary to popular belief, there are other things in this world besides their one-track subject matter.
Blueminer

United States

#85728 Feb 11, 2013
Hello Friends! It's been a few days. Let me start by saying Thanks.

Something left me in June 2011(something within) and now I am trying to get it back. I'll stop posting about my little soap opera, other than to say I am now a bit better of a person. Now no less than two aspects of this life are where they should be.

I believe you guys share some kind of love on this thread, and you threw a little bit of it my way. And some great thoughts and words of wisdom.

So here's this. If one thinks he/she is coming up short in the love and loving department one might realize that you have to find yourself spreading it around first...maybe a lot.

And one more. One may think they are breaking down. Then one may find,especially
if at least one YEARS LONG weakness fades from his life, HE WAS REALLY BUILDING UP.
Blueminer

United States

#85729 Feb 11, 2013
Really like the stories I am reading today. I need to get to a computer so I can write about my cat Rowdy. He was part of my life from 94-96, and quite a character. I'll do that asa I can. Have a great day Everybody!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85730 Feb 11, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I should have known someone would try to make something sexual out of my post about laying carpet. Contrary to popular belief, there are other things in this world besides their one-track subject matter.
I've heard carpet laying is not an easy job. Doesn't it have to be stretched with a machine? I know, it can be quite a few to have an independent dealer install it. Most Folks I know, hehe me for instance, try to do all the work themselves. It's cloudy here in eastern KY. Hope Ol Arthur leaves you alone.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85731 Feb 11, 2013
Double posted, yikes. I meant it can be quite a few dollars to pay to have it installed.
Anonymous

Bellevue, WA

#85732 Feb 11, 2013
Please remove me from this treand because i have no thoughts and worries about what is going on with all that bull....: that is on the treand. this is the 3rd time I have ask for this request. PLEASE AGAIN REMOVE (JUST WONDERING) from this treand. Please,PLEASE,Please. THANK YOU.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85733 Feb 11, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> I've heard carpet laying is not an easy job. Doesn't it have to be stretched with a machine? I know, it can be quite a few to have an independent dealer install it. Most Folks I know, hehe me for instance, try to do all the work themselves. It's cloudy here in eastern KY. Hope Ol Arthur leaves you alone.
Carpet can be stretched using a flat board as a "knee Knocker" driving small nails through the board protruding about a quarter inch and wrapping the board with rags to protect the knees. No machine is necessary. Then it can be shoved back under the base boards with a coal chisel. It is in our heritage (and I have passed down) to never hire anything done. We pay for no labor and very few machine rentals.

In addition to our normal careers (mine retired), I and my grandson are decent carpenters and vinyl siding and metal roofing installers. My oldest has an office management job, yet is a qualified electrician and mechanic, The youngest son is a trucker but could easily be a plumber or install and repair HVAC. My nephew works in hydraulics and can weld metal. I have taught those boys (men) to take vocational training as well as college. None of us have ever been unemployed for even a day over the past 50 years.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85734 Feb 11, 2013
Sounds like my Dad, AW. Now, he likes to put up buildings and work on vehicles. Said he's been chasing bees since 14. He was born in '51 into a poor family. I remember when I was little we'd eat squirrel because railroad wages weren't all that much. It's great to hear that you taught those men well. It sure will save them money in the long run. Self reliance is very important in any economy;)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85736 Feb 11, 2013
The key to avoiding unemployment is to be versatile. One may not always earn what they think they deserve, but it is survivable. Too often kids go to college and focus on just one career choice and graduate and the market is flooded. Always best to have a "fall back" situation regardless of the economy.

Education is most important, but it is no substitute for ability. I have seen people with Masters Degrees that could not open an umbella without some help. LOL
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85737 Feb 11, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
The key to avoiding unemployment is to be versatile. One may not always earn what they think they deserve, but it is survivable. Too often kids go to college and focus on just one career choice and graduate and the market is flooded. Always best to have a "fall back" situation regardless of the economy.
Education is most important, but it is no substitute for ability. I have seen people with Masters Degrees that could not open an umbella without some help. LOL
I have to say that umbrella incident is pretty bad. When I was growing up with four bros. & two sis. it was fend for yourself. We learned early to wash dishes, vacuum, make the beds, weed eat, use a push mower. Our water came from a hand drawn well. Mom would use creek water for the laundry. A toilet meant sitting outside house. The main thing we learned was respect. My Dad could teach social services a thing or two about child discipline. He once threatened to stick my devilish bros. face in a cow pie. LOL. He was bad.LOL. But sure got his message across.
Just thinking

United States

#85738 Feb 11, 2013
I had a warden for a mother, never knew when to quit with the whip. Maybe I needed social services because she put dad in the corner.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85739 Feb 11, 2013
I always heard that it's the "boys" that cow toe to women. Real men know how to get a job done. And sometimes people employed with social services are just too nosey. I'm sure there's a nice psychiatrist who can fix you right up and help you deal with all that's happened. Maybe, you can put Mistress Warden in another part of your mind called: sht happens. Wipe that shoe and go on.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85740 Feb 11, 2013
Freudian slip there cow toe, ahem meaning kowtow. Lol
square cat

AOL

#85741 Feb 11, 2013
OK ,..
we all know about the ole ' camel toe '
a cow toe must be from a 'plus size ',......

Location hidden

#85742 Feb 11, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
Hello Friends! It's been a few days. Let me start by saying Thanks.
Something left me in June 2011(something within) and now I am trying to get it back. I'll stop posting about my little soap opera, other than to say I am now a bit better of a person. Now no less than two aspects of this life are where they should be.
I believe you guys share some kind of love on this thread, and you threw a little bit of it my way. And some great thoughts and words of wisdom.
So here's this. If one thinks he/she is coming up short in the love and loving department one might realize that you have to find yourself spreading it around first...maybe a lot.
And one more. One may think they are breaking down. Then one may find,especially
if at least one YEARS LONG weakness fades from his life, HE WAS REALLY BUILDING UP.
I absolutely agree with you. There are many kinds of love, but all love shares one thing in common. The more love you give, the more love one gets to keep for himself/herself. We all have been through sorrow, disappointment, and tragedy. Even though we are all virtual friends on this thread, I have personally found support and encouragement from my "internet friends." We have been posting for more than two years. I have found that the people behind the computer screen are genuine friends, sharing the good times and the bad. If this thread gets discontinued, I feel certain that we will still connect with each other through our personal e-mail accounts. It is love and mutual respect that keeps us together, as well as our belief that there is a higher power We are nondenominational, so we frequently refer to this higher power as Our Creator. Thank-you for joining us in peace and in friendship. We certainly look forward to your contributions to our conversation.

Location hidden

#85743 Feb 11, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
That sounds like me..education with little ability, except to practice in the area in which I was educated. Thank the Lord that I never had a problem finding work. Just one thing...How did you know that I could not open an umbrella??LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kentucky Fried Chicken 29 min Go Figure 2
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 39 min Woodman 1,593
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Limbertwig 151,299
Walmart Supercenter 2 hr jack 2
The Audit 3 hr haha 29
knox board of ed raising taxes 4 hr disgusted 4
Hahaha 5 hr Funny 1
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Knox County was issued at August 31 at 4:13AM EDT

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000