Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,647

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#85679 Feb 10, 2013
Leaving the Light On wrote:
A low down dirty SHAME...hmmmm
What's a shame, LTLO?
(You having a bad day, darlin')?

One thing to be said about this thread is that even though we veer off topic hourly, we cheer each other up when times are personally "crappy" or one of us is down in the dumbs!! I appreciate that so deeply, even though we don't know each other in real life.

We've gotten to know one another so reasonably well just from blogging on here, that I feel like I'd be able to sit down at the dinner table with any one of these Bird peeps and be quite as ease.(Right down to an appreciative after dinner 'belch', more than likely. ROFLMBO)!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85680 Feb 10, 2013
I suppose that those that disagreed with my actions toward the varmits (that were into my chickens) are all vegetarians and wear no leather goods and have never trapped a mouse or killed a snake. Until you are, your big red X's mean nothing... well actually, they mean nothing to me anyways. LOL

#85681 Feb 10, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> I like to think age is a number. I notice how some women age so well and get around like spry chickens like those ones doing workout videos. Ahh, I feel like a slug also.I do blame the fatigue and aches on this weather though. My hands/ fingers feel like they're on fire. You have a nice evening;)
Me too, Misty. Although my Mom can tap dance circles around me still at her age, hehe.

Even though I have my diabetes under control, hence the continued diet efforts, I have developed neuropathy. My feet feel like I'm walking on broken glass mixed up with hot coals, they burn so badly some days.

Arther Itis has my fingers, shoulders, hips and knees in his grasp and I've had so many back surgeries that I find it hard to even mop the floors most days. But it could be worse and I try to remind myself of that whenever I get finished with these occasionally therapeutic "Woe is me" fits, LOL!!

I think they thing that bothers me most is that it's started to affect my riding time. My Harley is getting less and less miles on her every year... Some days I think it would be better perhaps I should sell it, but in my eyes that's an epic admission of physical failure.

I don't know where today went honestly. Hard to believe it's almost 5 o'clock already. Another day almost over with and I've accomplished SO little. Painting the walls in those two rooms I have my eye on is going to take some real effort.
Charles

Louisa, KY

#85682 Feb 10, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
What's a shame, LTLO?
(You having a bad day, darlin')?
One thing to be said about this thread is that even though we veer off topic hourly, we cheer each other up when times are personally "crappy" or one of us is down in the dumbs!! I appreciate that so deeply, even though we don't know each other in real life.
We've gotten to know one another so reasonably well just from blogging on here, that I feel like I'd be able to sit down at the dinner table with any one of these Bird peeps and be quite as ease.(Right down to an appreciative after dinner 'belch', more than likely. ROFLMBO)!!
Yep, Better from the top end than the other ROFLMBO. Sounds like Lights On got the Lights Turned Off. Just joking.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85683 Feb 10, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I suppose that those that disagreed with my actions toward the varmits (that were into my chickens) are all vegetarians and wear no leather goods and have never trapped a mouse or killed a snake. Until you are, your big red X's mean nothing... well actually, they mean nothing to me anyways. LOL
Well, at least, you didn't get a lightbulb. My Dad had to "put his faithful companion" out of his misery when I was young. A reckless driver veered over into Spot's legs. Well, I never thought badly of Dad for the final step of taking Spot's life. He was pitiful. It's like a shepherd guarding the flock, if the flock in untended , the Wolf eats.LOL. I like leather shoes opposed to the fake junk anyway.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#85684 Feb 10, 2013
Do I here cluck,cluck...
Bobby B

Owensboro, KY

#85685 Feb 10, 2013
Dead birds stink.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85686 Feb 10, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear that choosing game they want you to play. That is sad. The more family and friends the better. You can't get enough love from the world as it is, I don't voluntarily cut anyone from mine and no one should ask. Good luck with that.
It is sad to hear the deaths of those just trying to keep warm. I pray those people in the north get some relief from all these natural disasters. Hopefully, the real spirit of Americans will continue to show some love and assistance. I have faith in them.
Hope you have a good evening.(((HUGS)) to you.
Eddie Rabbitt - I Love A Rainy Night
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =VJ1GQFtHGxUXX
I have one friend that is Partner, so it gets lonely here. That's why I spend my time here. I don't have time for the negative, mean Spirits in this world. I prefer listening to Folks who enjoy finding quality in life which is more about appreciating and making due with what we've been handed or achieved through ourselves. Not dwelling on the negative past and telling others how to live. Thanks for the insight and comments.
qwerty

United States

#85687 Feb 10, 2013
Today's New Moon may bring ordinary changes for you in creative endeavors. predictable spice to your life, opening the door for unusual or unorthodox situations. You could get hit in love; if you're you may find you are more! Expect the expected this month.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#85688 Feb 10, 2013
qwerty wrote:
Today's New Moon may bring ordinary changes for you in creative endeavors. predictable spice to your life, opening the door for unusual or unorthodox situations. You could get hit in love; if you're you may find you are more! Expect the expected this month.
I need some unexpected good this month---bring it on

#85689 Feb 10, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Some people would need a huge dose of "toughen up" if they lived out in the country for very long. Those types usually can't even hack it because no other human beings are within yelling distance. For some reason, that just scares the literal daylights out of them. Usually it's when the sun goes down, LOL!!

More than likely the people who don't agree with what you had to do, have never had to deal with a problematic "varmint".. You soon realize that a little "mouse in the house" is NOT that big of a deal once you've run across a raccoon trying to eat and it stands up on it's hind legs and you see that it's thigh high to you.
(And yes, it's happened to me before)....

I've had my fair share of varmints who've found it really convenient to lumber in after sunset and thinking they're either going to steal one or two late day eggs I've missed, OR they have the taste for some nice tasty hen.. They've even come in for leftover scratch on the ground. It HAPPENS when you live in the country.

So for you city folk out there, when something is habitually threatening your critters and all else has failed, you gotta do what you gotta do. Raccoons and possums are smart animals when it comes to being opportunistic feeders. They'll come back night after night unless you can find a way to stop them. Sometimes that way isn't so pleasant. Country life isn't all Disney World and the woods aren't filled with just Bambi's and Thumpers..

Location hidden

#85690 Feb 10, 2013
Your whole aim is wrong-

Location hidden

#85691 Feb 10, 2013
Right is right even if No one is doing it; Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get...

All life is precious,no matter the size or age
God gave life he should be the One to take it away.

We share the air that keeps us a Live.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85692 Feb 10, 2013
Life is like a box of chocolates, the diabetic has to resist. Food comes in many forms. All things die. No, it is not god who takes life; it is illness, disasters and homicides. I am a firm believer in capital punishment: pedophiles should be hanged. And killing an animal for either to end its misery or to protect one's food source those are reasonable acts. It's the same as using pesticides to kill bugs and avoid blights. As long as no suffering is involved...That's Life.i wonder, if that's how the English felt about the rats during the Bubonic Plague.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#85693 Feb 10, 2013
Drats. I had a story about a mamma raccoon and her 3 babies. I deleted it instead of posting it. That's the kind of day it's been. My brain power has not kicked in at all.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#85694 Feb 10, 2013
Hope everyone is doing well this evening. If you are interested in the recent earth changes, please look at a video on Youtube entitled, "Our world is Changing- Look beyond the '2012." This was sensibly presented and the narrator presents information with illustrations, statistics, and supporting documentation. It's about 15 min. long, and well-worth viewing.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85695 Feb 10, 2013
Good evening lala, I will watch that video, it sounds like one I have already viewed. Check this one out. It is the best I have seen in awhile. I laughed so hard. My sister had a horse who let himself out all the time. Just too funny. I know you will enjoy it.

Houdini Horse

Have you ever heard of a horse with seemingly magical abilities? Well check out this girl who has been picking both her own, and anyone else's gate locks since she was about six months old. Her name is Mariska and she is one talented Friesian Mare. The Friesian breed of horses originated in the Netherlands, and are known for being especially graceful and nimble for their size.

While they’ve almost gone extinct a number of times, their expertise and ability at dressage has the breed currently going strong. Considering her evolutionary attributes, it’s no wonder that Mariska has such special talents. While her skill is impressive enough that her owners set up this video sting operation to catch their own little Houdini in the act, her intentions are innocent.

She uses her extraordinary talents to just visit her other horsey friends, get some fresh air, and go for small walks at the Misty Meadows Farm in Midland, Michigan. Now that's what we call a friendly Friesian!

http://screen.yahoo.com/mr-eds-evil-cousin-br...

Mr Ed's evil cousin...haha
hello

Pikeville, KY

#85696 Feb 10, 2013
why
qwerty

United States

#85698 Feb 10, 2013
Hey! How exactly is a rainbow made? How exactly does a sun set? How exactly does a posi-trac rear-end on a Plymouth work? It just does.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85699 Feb 10, 2013
Wow, where is everyone? No word from Hempburn today either? We are so lucky as the snow storm is in the North and south of us is tornado alley again. God bless those people. They are already getting it and it isn't even tornado weather. Doubt some are recovered from last year's.

Significant damage in Mississippi from apparent tornado
http://news.msn.com/us/tornado-injuries-repor...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 4 min The Apostle 5,731
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Uncle Tab 154,177
Michael Warren (Jan '14) 30 min vote 27
Hey you 1 hr Love 4
Mayor. And school board candidates slinging Mud... 1 hr Vote 37
The parent who flipped off and threatened every... 1 hr The truth 13
Mike Smith, Mike Warren, Mike Baker 1 hr Vote 4
kC principal injured 4 hr what happened 9
Knox parent out of control goes after student a... 4 hr saw it 22
Knox parent goes off at Bell and Knox football ... 20 hr record 10
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••