Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,660

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#85549 Feb 8, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
So you liked the story that every kid has told at least once LOL Welcome back So now you want to hear about my fish? LOL
I should be ok with a fish story, don't think I have any suppressed memories of fish,, but I may have to come back with my chicken dumpling tale.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85551 Feb 8, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, did not know about Uni. He and I went at it back in the old invasion days, but seems he at least tried to change his topix ways a bit in resent times and found he could make friends. Does anyone know his real name.? He did add his own style to the thread.
I've just not been on here a lot, busy with my hobbies and things but yes I did have a good Superbowl and ate my share of the wings.
I didn't think you did. You are right about him and glad he decided to make friends instead of continue that style he had when he first got on here. They have a couple sites in Scottsville dedicated to him and has his name. I looked his obit up and the picture looked just like I thought he did pretty much. Just go to the Goad Funeral Home site and see him.

I am glad you had a good Super Bowl, we thought you took Biscuit and headed to New Orleans? How is the little guy?
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85553 Feb 8, 2013
so true wrote:
<quoted text> Person of interest is mine, oh that is one great lookin man... But criminal minds , rounds my list next.. Love them all.. Great Day your way..
I pray
Today
That God will bring you
Peace
Where there's been pain
Harmony
Where there's been discord
Love
Where there's been loneliness
I pray
Today
That God will bring you
Solace
Where there's been sorrow
Justice
Where there's been inequality
Clarity
Where there's been chaos
I pray
Today
That He will heal your human heart
and help you face tomorrow
With a renewed sense of
Courage
Strength
And wisdom."
Thank you for the Blessing. That is sweet. I love that handsome MAN on Person of Interest. I have missed out on Criminal Minds. I do like Shemar Moore though. He use to be on my Mom's favorite soap, Y&R. I like the Beast too, scar and all. lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85554 Feb 8, 2013
I have jumped the gun on shutting down the wood stove, I have just enough firewood left for emergencies and no need to burn it on some of these warmer days. Now, lots of dust to clean. Good thing I had my own donut. LOL Have a Good Day Each and All, including those harboring any negative feelings.

I have found that most times I feel negative, it affects no one but myself. I think UNA became nicer simply because some of us took the effort to accept him for what he was or was not. I did not agree or follow him, but that made no difference. GOOD DAY.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85555 Feb 8, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I have jumped the gun on shutting down the wood stove, I have just enough firewood left for emergencies and no need to burn it on some of these warmer days. Now, lots of dust to clean. Good thing I had my own donut. LOL Have a Good Day Each and All, including those harboring any negative feelings.
I have found that most times I feel negative, it affects no one but myself. I think UNA became nicer simply because some of us took the effort to accept him for what he was or was not. I did not agree or follow him, but that made no difference. GOOD DAY.
A nice fire would feel pretty good right now. Dust cleanup is worth the comfort. Wow, what a turnaround in our weather. I am happy I enjoyed the 60+ degree yesterday.

Someone definitely has negative feelings and I am sure I know why. I am amused by the icons, that's a positive thing.:) After seeing how fast they can change I don't bother. If I do it is just a heart for those saying sweet things.

Whatever his reason was I am happy he became nicer. I am sure our forgiving Creator accepted him as he was too. It's what's in your heart that counts. Apparently he had a whole other side to him in his service to the community. Like the saying goes..."Never judge a book by it's cover".

Have a great day. It is a good one to take a nap, wish I could.

This is for you, lala, Hempburn, and all dog lovers, it is a great slideshow with a narrative for each one that rings so true.

How dogs make our lives better
http://living.msn.com/family-parenting/pets/e...

# 4 Flatulence scapegoats (Unafarter's dogs,lol)
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85557 Feb 8, 2013
Wow, they are still burning witches??

Accused witch tortured, burned alive in Papua New Guinea

Bystanders watch as a woman accused of witchcraft is burned alive in the Western Highlands provincial capital of Mount Hagen in Papua New Guinea on Wednesday.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/07...
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85559 Feb 8, 2013
michelle wrote:
Do people really talk about birds here? Weird hijacked thread lol
I like to think we're birds of a feather flocking together. Several on here have chickens. Most of us are bird watchers. There's an owl that drops in every now and then. You'll read news' topics here, find recipes and b able to find a friendly seat to discuss just about anything. Most of us avoid religious and political topics, too racy and overly rated discussions. Fine Folks here. Genuine animal lovers and kind humans.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85560 Feb 8, 2013
@AB.. The wood stove is not the only heat here in the old Homestead. It just allows me to minimize the rest and even the cooler days like today are not that bad. The cleaning sure makes my trinkets and such look better. Just a small break before getting back to it. Also doing laundry and even moving a few pieces of furniture during the processes. This old man is not helpless. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85561 Feb 8, 2013
As long as I am on Topix, there is no need for me to "settle down" I see I am on the move again, back in Lexington. Topix is trying it's best to find the boondocks and have not yet. LOL
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85562 Feb 8, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@AB.. The wood stove is not the only heat here in the old Homestead. It just allows me to minimize the rest and even the cooler days like today are not that bad. The cleaning sure makes my trinkets and such look better. Just a small break before getting back to it. Also doing laundry and even moving a few pieces of furniture during the processes. This old man is not helpless. LOL
I knew that, about the stove and you being perfectly able. Fireplaces/wood stoves just seem to make it cozier than electric/gas blowing heat. lol Remember, I know what you look like. Perfectly fit to have been through all you have been through. Tall Walker :)
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85563 Feb 8, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> I like to think we're birds of a feather flocking together. Several on here have chickens. Most of us are bird watchers. There's an owl that drops in every now and then. You'll read news' topics here, find recipes and b able to find a friendly seat to discuss just about anything. Most of us avoid religious and political topics, too racy and overly rated discussions. Fine Folks here. Genuine animal lovers and kind humans.
I agree. Hello, misty-eyed, hope you are having a good day! I don't have to go anywhere and that suits me fine. Was out long enough to feed the birds and the stray cat. I am staying in, reading, catching up on email etc..washing all the bedclothes etc. in between trying to do some useful things around the house like AW.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85564 Feb 8, 2013
Another treasure and discovery from the past...seems like one every day. That's awesome.

Ancient Gold Wreath Found

The streets aren’t paved with gold – but the subways are.

A wreath of golden olive leaves seemingly worthy of Caesar himself was discovered during excavation in Thessalonika, the second largest city in Greece, while preparing for a new subway tunnel -- marking the ninth such wreath discovered in recent years

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/02/08/anc...
Hmmm

Hobart, IN

#85565 Feb 8, 2013
Colder than a witches what.....
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85566 Feb 8, 2013
My sewing kit is the biggest liar of all times. That silly thing says "Easy Threading".. No way. I am sewing up Dog's pillow to keep the stuffing from falling out.

But age, persistency, and deviousness always wins out over youth and vigor. LOL If you don't believe that, just go watch Big Chief Fat Feather.
saywhat

AOL

#85567 Feb 8, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
Colder than a witches twat.....
colder than a well diggers .........
saywhat

AOL

#85568 Feb 8, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Wow, they are still burning witches??
Accused witch tortured, burned alive in Papua New Guinea
Bystanders watch as a woman accused of witchcraft is burned alive in the Western Highlands provincial capital of Mount Hagen in Papua New Guinea on Wednesday.
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/07...
just search youtube with the words ' burned alive Africa '
simply the most shocking things you will ever see

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#85569 Feb 8, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> I like to think we're birds of a feather flocking together. Several on here have chickens. Most of us are bird watchers. There's an owl that drops in every now and then. You'll read news' topics here, find recipes and b able to find a friendly seat to discuss just about anything. Most of us avoid religious and political topics, too racy and overly rated discussions. Fine Folks here. Genuine animal lovers and kind humans.
Not me, LOL. I'm a bit of a renegade. Ancient Wolf caught me on one of the Rand Paul sites. Hehe. I can talk politics and religion and still be very civil. Yes, and I do love animal stories, Prepper suggestions, some conspiracy theories, and discussion about HAARP, the Louisiana sinkhole, the New Madrid fault, chem spraying, etc., etc., etc. LOL, I guess I have an opinion about everything. I just like to talk LOL. BUT... A self-imposed rule that I try to follow is: always be respectful about others' opinions, and be kind and thoughtful during every opportunity.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#85570 Feb 8, 2013
Popping in and out of this thread today. Unfortunately, household tasks frequently call my name. I do stay in tune to what folks are talking about, even if I cannot stay for any extended time.
Benny

Duluth, GA

#85571 Feb 8, 2013
country hick wrote:
more birds fell today
That's what I hear
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85572 Feb 8, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
My sewing kit is the biggest liar of all times. That silly thing says "Easy Threading".. No way. I am sewing up Dog's pillow to keep the stuffing from falling out.
But age, persistency, and deviousness always wins out over youth and vigor. LOL If you don't believe that, just go watch Big Chief Fat Feather.
The first and most important thing is to know the game. The second is to recognize that not everyone can be a star and each has it's function.

Just as you don't race a mule, you don't plow with a thoroughbred. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Obama Zombies 155,436
Stealing from child's grave 1 hr gimme a nickle 7
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 1 hr Truth 7,184
Marica 1015 2 hr Looker 1
barbourville utitlities ripoff 4 hr Allison 6
Daniel bays (Jul '12) 4 hr former ho 5
food stamps 6 hr not right 42
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE