Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,786

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85518 Feb 7, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, that's a thing I'd forgotten about, I guess we all knew that odd friend or family member with the fake eye as a kid. Thanks for poking at another suppressed memory for me, lol.
What's up Hempburn? We were worried about you. How was your Super Bowl weekend? Did you and biscuit go to New Orleans to watch it? haha In case you didn't go back, our Una farter passed away last Thursday not long after he was chatting up bird threaders in the early am not long before he apparently had a heart attack. He sure loved your reports. We are all missing him, except maybe one or two. Who would of thought we would miss that old fart when he first invaded this thread last April. Huh?
Girl

Williamson, WV

#85519 Feb 7, 2013
The environment and climate has changed so much in the past 20 yrs
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#85520 Feb 7, 2013
looks as if everyone has gone off to bed.

spent the day out side, pulling out all the dead stuff so hopefully i will have somethings that grow back.

who ever owned this place before me must have put alot of thought on what they planted and where. last year we noticed as soon as something stopped blooming, something else started.

if i could just keep the maples from trying to grow up the side i think i wouldnt have to touch it.

also patched the roof today. hope it has time to set up before it rains.

goodnight:)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85522 Feb 7, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, that's a thing I'd forgotten about, I guess we all knew that odd friend or family member with the fake eye as a kid. Thanks for poking at another suppressed memory for me, lol.
So you liked the story that every kid has told at least once LOL Welcome back So now you want to hear about my fish? LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85523 Feb 7, 2013
@Hempburn.. I went fishing one time and ran out of bait. So I looked in my wallet and found a picture of a worm and put that on my hook and caught a picture of a fish. LOL

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#85524 Feb 7, 2013
Guess all went to bed, even the birds, but not me.
Tollesboro Guy

Morehead, KY

#85525 Feb 7, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Hempburn.. I went fishing one time and ran out of bait. So I looked in my wallet and found a picture of a worm and put that on my hook and caught a picture of a fish. LOL
Last time I heard that one I almost kicked the slats out of my crib from laughing so hard!:-)
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#85526 Feb 7, 2013
betty wrote:
looks as if everyone has gone off to bed.
spent the day out side, pulling out all the dead stuff so hopefully i will have somethings that grow back.
who ever owned this place before me must have put alot of thought on what they planted and where. last year we noticed as soon as something stopped blooming, something else started.
if i could just keep the maples from trying to grow up the side i think i wouldnt have to touch it.
also patched the roof today. hope it has time to set up before it rains.
goodnight:)
no drips yet......but its not raining that hard either

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#85527 Feb 8, 2013
I really won't lie. I haven't read this topix but I'm new to this entire thing and just find it hilarious that there is a topix ongoing that has this many comments. I don't know what the big hype about this is, to be honest the only reason I even joined was to see what everyone was talking about. They said it sometimes had useful information on here but I am seeing that it mainly has gossip. Which I can't lie I also got on here to read but mainly wanting some Information about something. But keep it going. This is probably a record for any type of blog on the net.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#85528 Feb 8, 2013
Good morning, Bird peeps!

It's started raining here about an hour ago. So peaceful, I love it!! Guess it's a good thing beings as my flowers have starting to pop up. I also discovered beautiful maroon buds all over my dwarf peach tree yesterday afternoon. That tree is absolutely gorgeous when it blooms full out...

Well, I'm off to get my taxes done today... Say a prayer. I HATE tax time because I always seem to teeter over that tax crack. Never know whether I owe or will reap.. Nervous time of year for Nope.. I'm hoping for a return even if it's a small one, but you never can tell until the final tally...

Hope everyone has a great day! I'll catch up with you all later! Hopefully with GOOD tax news, hehe!
michelle

Paducah, KY

#85529 Feb 8, 2013
Do people really talk about birds here? Weird hijacked thread lol

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#85530 Feb 8, 2013
michelle wrote:
Do people really talk about birds here? Weird hijacked thread lol
Actually, yes we still do. Along with world events, disasters of both natural and man made nature, etc. You're free to join in. We're all glad to have newbies join us any time!! Hope you're having a good morning!!

Coffee being served at the Nope house. With some fresh donuts if you want one!!
(Yeah, I splurged, hehe. I can cheat on my diet for for ONE day, right? Someone PLEASE tell me that the donut I just had is okay. Clear my conscience for me dear people, LOL)....
:)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85531 Feb 8, 2013
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Last time I heard that one I almost kicked the slats out of my crib from laughing so hard!:-)
Yep, the old tall tales without vulgarity and sexual undertones are the best ones. Should I tell you about my Zippo lighter that I left laying by a tree while resting in the woods and went back and rested again 5 years later and there it was and it still worked and lit my imaginary cigar?

Let me take my fake eye out and lay it in your plate of oatmeal and tell you that "I will keep an eye out for you" LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85532 Feb 8, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Good morning, Bird peeps!
It's started raining here about an hour ago. So peaceful, I love it!! Guess it's a good thing beings as my flowers have starting to pop up. I also discovered beautiful maroon buds all over my dwarf peach tree yesterday afternoon. That tree is absolutely gorgeous when it blooms full out...
Well, I'm off to get my taxes done today... Say a prayer. I HATE tax time because I always seem to teeter over that tax crack. Never know whether I owe or will reap.. Nervous time of year for Nope.. I'm hoping for a return even if it's a small one, but you never can tell until the final tally...
Hope everyone has a great day! I'll catch up with you all later! Hopefully with GOOD tax news, hehe!
I have the best tax news of all. I paid nothing in for 2012, owe nothing, and will get nothing back and won't even bother to file as I have had to do ever since 1961, 50 years of taxes is enough. There are advantages to being poor. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85533 Feb 8, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, yes we still do. Along with world events, disasters of both natural and man made nature, etc. You're free to join in. We're all glad to have newbies join us any time!! Hope you're having a good morning!!
Coffee being served at the Nope house. With some fresh donuts if you want one!!
(Yeah, I splurged, hehe. I can cheat on my diet for for ONE day, right? Someone PLEASE tell me that the donut I just had is okay. Clear my conscience for me dear people, LOL)....
:)
The donut is just fine, I had one also with my coffee. Why worry about a little donut when the bigger issues are death and taxes? LOL Besides, you might need a little energy for the filing.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#85534 Feb 8, 2013
Watching it rain. All the birds were so happy yesterday with the 60's. But today it's cold. Boo!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#85535 Feb 8, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I have the best tax news of all. I paid nothing in for 2012, owe nothing, and will get nothing back and won't even bother to file as I have had to do ever since 1961, 50 years of taxes is enough. There are advantages to being poor. LOL
For some reason I've been audited half to death for the past few years. I don't know who I've managed to piss off at the IRS, but for the last two years alone it's taken me over six months each time to even get a simple return. They've been going over my info with a fine toothed comb. So far, so good. But it still makes me nervous.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#85536 Feb 8, 2013
I have to get going now. I've had enough coffee to be coherent. Time to get the day rolling.

Have a blessed day everyone! And be thankful that we're not facing "Nemo" today. Boston is going to be a mess....

Chat with you all later today.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#85537 Feb 8, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
The donut is just fine, I had one also with my coffee. Why worry about a little donut when the bigger issues are death and taxes? LOL Besides, you might need a little energy for the filing.
LOL! Thanks, AW. I just caught this before I logged off. I stopped at one donut and it was tasty!! I thank you for the support, kind sir!!
ROFLMBO!!

_-_Nope_-_
*Poof*

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#85538 Feb 8, 2013
Good morning everyone. Yay, no snow in south central Kentucky. I was watching the weather channel and that huge storm that might eclipse the blizzard of '78 is headed to New England. Ground zero for 2 plus feet of snow is exactly where I used to live. And I am here!!!
I shouldn't gloat, but I don't miss that 500 foot driveway that I used to have.
I agree with you, AW. Never worry about a little donut. Enjoy food when you can. I don't worry about the issues of death and taxes. Death comes for us all, but our spirits can go to a better place. And I don't worry anymore about taxes because I don't have enough income for the IRS to come calling.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking too buy a vehicle under $2000.00 14 min looking 1
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 18 min Princess Hey 628
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 20 min Princess Hey 3,741
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr truth 134,245
looking for a three bedroom for rent!!! 2 hr owner 10
Kayla Sparks and Melinda Marsee (Oct '08) 2 hr Karma 4
Hidy 2 hr The Specialist 2
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) 13 hr JJR 69

Flood Warning for Knox County was issued at February 27 at 4:36PM EST

Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:17 am PST

NBC Sports 9:17AM
Michael Roos announces retirement
Bleacher Report 9:36 AM
Titans OT Roos Announces Retirement After 10 Seasons
Yahoo! Sports 9:46 AM
Titans left tackle Michael Roos retires after 10 seasons
CBS Sports 5:55 AM
Devon Still tweets that daughter Leah is home after latest treatment
Bleacher Report 9:58 AM
Vince Young Registered at NFL Vet Combine