Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,722

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85511 Feb 7, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw that. I have 9 cats at present,and all are accounted for. The indoor cats monopolize the bed, and between Stein and usually 4 cats, there is little room for me.
I have 2 indoor and the one outdoors. I love cats, they are so sweet and just too funny.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#85512 Feb 7, 2013
Just popped in for a minute to say hello. Will be back in the morning, I hope. I've been watching the inside of my eyelids quite a bit lately.
kevin

Louisa, KY

#85514 Feb 7, 2013
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#85515 Feb 7, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was a teen, I went home with some girl for Sunday dinner and her grandpa took out his fake eye and put it in my soup. I never asked her for another date after that. He was a character though, when he dropped it in my soup, he said "Boy, I got my eye on you". LOL
Yea, that's a thing I'd forgotten about, I guess we all knew that odd friend or family member with the fake eye as a kid. Thanks for poking at another suppressed memory for me, lol.
moe bad

AOL

#85516 Feb 7, 2013
sweet brown -
i aint got time for this B.S.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#85517 Feb 7, 2013
Well, it's been a LONG week!! Glad the birds are doing good.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85518 Feb 7, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, that's a thing I'd forgotten about, I guess we all knew that odd friend or family member with the fake eye as a kid. Thanks for poking at another suppressed memory for me, lol.
What's up Hempburn? We were worried about you. How was your Super Bowl weekend? Did you and biscuit go to New Orleans to watch it? haha In case you didn't go back, our Una farter passed away last Thursday not long after he was chatting up bird threaders in the early am not long before he apparently had a heart attack. He sure loved your reports. We are all missing him, except maybe one or two. Who would of thought we would miss that old fart when he first invaded this thread last April. Huh?
Girl

Williamson, WV

#85519 Feb 7, 2013
The environment and climate has changed so much in the past 20 yrs
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#85520 Feb 7, 2013
looks as if everyone has gone off to bed.

spent the day out side, pulling out all the dead stuff so hopefully i will have somethings that grow back.

who ever owned this place before me must have put alot of thought on what they planted and where. last year we noticed as soon as something stopped blooming, something else started.

if i could just keep the maples from trying to grow up the side i think i wouldnt have to touch it.

also patched the roof today. hope it has time to set up before it rains.

goodnight:)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85522 Feb 7, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
So you liked the story that every kid has told at least once LOL Welcome back So now you want to hear about my fish? LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85523 Feb 7, 2013
@Hempburn.. I went fishing one time and ran out of bait. So I looked in my wallet and found a picture of a worm and put that on my hook and caught a picture of a fish. LOL

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#85524 Feb 7, 2013
Guess all went to bed, even the birds, but not me.
Tollesboro Guy

Morehead, KY

#85525 Feb 7, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Hempburn.. I went fishing one time and ran out of bait. So I looked in my wallet and found a picture of a worm and put that on my hook and caught a picture of a fish. LOL
Last time I heard that one I almost kicked the slats out of my crib from laughing so hard!:-)
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#85526 Feb 7, 2013
betty wrote:
looks as if everyone has gone off to bed.
spent the day out side, pulling out all the dead stuff so hopefully i will have somethings that grow back.
who ever owned this place before me must have put alot of thought on what they planted and where. last year we noticed as soon as something stopped blooming, something else started.
if i could just keep the maples from trying to grow up the side i think i wouldnt have to touch it.
also patched the roof today. hope it has time to set up before it rains.
goodnight:)
no drips yet......but its not raining that hard either

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#85527 Feb 8, 2013
I really won't lie. I haven't read this topix but I'm new to this entire thing and just find it hilarious that there is a topix ongoing that has this many comments. I don't know what the big hype about this is, to be honest the only reason I even joined was to see what everyone was talking about. They said it sometimes had useful information on here but I am seeing that it mainly has gossip. Which I can't lie I also got on here to read but mainly wanting some Information about something. But keep it going. This is probably a record for any type of blog on the net.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#85528 Feb 8, 2013
Good morning, Bird peeps!

It's started raining here about an hour ago. So peaceful, I love it!! Guess it's a good thing beings as my flowers have starting to pop up. I also discovered beautiful maroon buds all over my dwarf peach tree yesterday afternoon. That tree is absolutely gorgeous when it blooms full out...

Well, I'm off to get my taxes done today... Say a prayer. I HATE tax time because I always seem to teeter over that tax crack. Never know whether I owe or will reap.. Nervous time of year for Nope.. I'm hoping for a return even if it's a small one, but you never can tell until the final tally...

Hope everyone has a great day! I'll catch up with you all later! Hopefully with GOOD tax news, hehe!
michelle

Paducah, KY

#85529 Feb 8, 2013
Do people really talk about birds here? Weird hijacked thread lol

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#85530 Feb 8, 2013
michelle wrote:
Do people really talk about birds here? Weird hijacked thread lol
Actually, yes we still do. Along with world events, disasters of both natural and man made nature, etc. You're free to join in. We're all glad to have newbies join us any time!! Hope you're having a good morning!!

Coffee being served at the Nope house. With some fresh donuts if you want one!!
(Yeah, I splurged, hehe. I can cheat on my diet for for ONE day, right? Someone PLEASE tell me that the donut I just had is okay. Clear my conscience for me dear people, LOL)....
:)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85531 Feb 8, 2013
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Last time I heard that one I almost kicked the slats out of my crib from laughing so hard!:-)
Yep, the old tall tales without vulgarity and sexual undertones are the best ones. Should I tell you about my Zippo lighter that I left laying by a tree while resting in the woods and went back and rested again 5 years later and there it was and it still worked and lit my imaginary cigar?

Let me take my fake eye out and lay it in your plate of oatmeal and tell you that "I will keep an eye out for you" LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85532 Feb 8, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Good morning, Bird peeps!
It's started raining here about an hour ago. So peaceful, I love it!! Guess it's a good thing beings as my flowers have starting to pop up. I also discovered beautiful maroon buds all over my dwarf peach tree yesterday afternoon. That tree is absolutely gorgeous when it blooms full out...
Well, I'm off to get my taxes done today... Say a prayer. I HATE tax time because I always seem to teeter over that tax crack. Never know whether I owe or will reap.. Nervous time of year for Nope.. I'm hoping for a return even if it's a small one, but you never can tell until the final tally...
Hope everyone has a great day! I'll catch up with you all later! Hopefully with GOOD tax news, hehe!
I have the best tax news of all. I paid nothing in for 2012, owe nothing, and will get nothing back and won't even bother to file as I have had to do ever since 1961, 50 years of taxes is enough. There are advantages to being poor. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who's the best lay from the creek 5 min boner 5
Brett 15 min cuz 4
dinky phipps 35 min joe cool 2
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 3,605
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 405
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr ChromiuMan 131,917
it should be against the law for a woman to drive 2 hr concerned 11
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) 8 hr Lisa 185
To the Garland family 8 hr jack 7
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM
Broncos vs. Bengals: TV Info, Spread, Injury Updates, Game Time and More
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
NBC Sports11:17 AM
Peyton Manning officially questionable for Monday night
CBS Sports 5:01 AM
Signs of Johnny Manziel's struggles evident in poor practice outings
NFL 6:52 AM
Tennessee Titans prepping for possible Jay Cutler deal