Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,729

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Blueminer

United States

#85424 Feb 7, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you're certainly added to my prayers now too. I know all too well what our own 'dumb actions', as you called them, can bring. I've made quite a few messes of things in my own time. Don't feel like the loner in that department...
But this too shall pass, Blue. You'll look back one day and it'll all be a memory. Maybe not a very good one perhaps, but a memory no less.
Some of my 'dumb actions' are bad memories and I have no one to blame but myself. Sometimes a few things I've done even keep me awake at night and I'm sure they always will. Not things I'm proud of. I've hurt people. But it's over and can't be undone... It passes and time deals with things as it may.
I guess what I'm trying to say is not to beat yourself up over it, whatever it is. Time ticks on, the hands of the clock still turn. It will get better.
I'll pray for you too.
I'm going to go try to lay down, speaking of staying awake. It's been almost 24 hours now and I'm still awake... Talk to you later. And keep your chin up. It WILL get better. I promise!
Thanks and sleep well.
Blueminer

United States

#85425 Feb 7, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Bad times and bad decisions are what makes the average or even boring times seem GREAT, even when they aren't.
If we did not have rain, we would not have rainbows.
Mornin wolf! Your comment is truth. As always good to see you. Now I'm off to rustle up some bacon eggs and coffee.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85426 Feb 7, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
Mornin wolf! Your comment is truth. As always good to see you. Now I'm off to rustle up some bacon eggs and coffee.
Enjoy, I might try to get another few minutes of snooze before the chickens and dog get too rowdy.
Android

Frankfort, KY

#85427 Feb 7, 2013
Clyde Lewis: conspiracy garbage.

“It was only just a song”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#85428 Feb 7, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
Here dear morning for you...
And if I did not make mistakes
And give too brief a thought to heavy questions
And too much time to little matter;
Or if I always knew which road to travel
Where every step would lead me into daylight
And if each face that turned to watch me pass
Was broken by a smile;
Or if whenever I should choose to lay my heart
Bare upon the sun-warmed grass,
It always was returned with tender touches
And carried by a song;
And if my heaviest burden were only to be
A breeze upon my back, and blossom in my hair,
And my brow was never crossed with lines of pain;
If all this endless summer were my lot
And winter's fury never beat me back,
Then I never would have seen the stormy nights
Through which I've struggled, fought and won;
I never would have known the joy of needed comfort given,
Or the essence of a friend.
:)

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#85432 Feb 7, 2013
Good morning, folks. Looks like I made it through the night uneventfully, and the Good Lord has granted me another day to enjoy his creations. The little guy is off to school, so now I have a bit of free time before I start the daily chores.
We are too invested in technology. A solar flare that occurred in 1859 did not have a huge impact because in those days, there was only telegraph equipment to catch fire. Now we are so dependent on electronic gizmos, that a big flare could take them out promptly, leaving us helpless. Gosh, I'm even missing my dishwasher that I wiped out a couple of nights ago...And I only have to wait until next week to get it replaced. I don't know why, as a country, we haven't hardened our systems to protect against even simple solar flares reaching earth.
Crazy as it sounds, I miss Una. He had so many alter egos, and they have disappeared with him. I might as well say it, I'm worried about Hempburn. Is it possible that Una created a "good" alter ego. I know that he had sufficient intellect to do so. This thread has been a hobby of Una's, probably because he was disabled and had lots of time to fill. We know that he had conversations with himself via his alter egos. Is it not possible that he had a "good" alter ego as well. He certainly had the intellectual capacity to generate good, clever linguistic style. And we have not heard from Hempburn since Una died. Una also had a particular interest in Hempburn's "morning report." Now there is a conspicuous absence of those reports. I will not be satisfied until Hempburn checks in with us again. Come to think of it, Hempburn projected himself as a mature, but not retired man. Does anyone remember what Hempburn did for a living? What about his family, friends? We do not know. Now, after 2 years, we gradually leaked out personal information, but Hempburn seems to exist in isolation. Maybe I'm all wet,and Hempburn will laugh at me when he returns, but until he returns, I will remain suspicious.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#85433 Feb 7, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
Thanks Nope. I have been dealing with three or four different issues these days that have been shredding up my head my heart and my gut. I haven't posted about any of them. And some of them had been brought on by my own dumb actions and bad decisions.
Well, several days ago I just came on with a few check-in posts. While I was logged on Abeliever posted hopes and prayers for my welfare.
She had no idea of the things I had been dealing with that day and for the few weeks prior. That was the reason her post tore me up so badly (in a good way). And her post was right on time.
When I get a chance I'm gonna get on a computer and read about those things you are all discussing.
We all wish you well, and I will keep you in my prayers. Is there anything I can help you with. We are all pretty "close" on this thread, and have made good friends over the past two years plus. I know that my fellow bird threaders helped me in my time of need, and I have no doubt that we would like to help you as well. If there is something tangible that I can do, beyond my prayers, please let me know. Just post a message through Topix messages, and I can send you my personal e-mail. That is how we all communicate with others when we have to discuss sensitive information that we do not want to post publicly on Topix.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85435 Feb 7, 2013
Good morning bird threaders. How is everyone? Beautiful day out. We are blessed.

Hang in there Blueminer. We all pray for a turnaround for you. We all make mistakes and still will, we are human, we must learn from them and look to our Creator for forgiveness and answers, depending what they are.

Nope, I hope you feel better. I have been reading the same articles you have. They are interesting and the the earthquakes. Wow, maybe they are removed or just scrolled through. Huge amount of earthquakes in 30 days 4+.

Morning lala and Ancient Wolf. Hope you are having a good one. Wonder where Hempburn is, he deserves a good scolding for making us worry. lol

Enjoy your day!

Enjoy the day everyone.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85436 Feb 7, 2013
On at 10:15.a.m. on February 7, 2013* in the 2013 Great Central U.S. ShakeOut!

2.4 million people are currently registered to participate in the 2013 ShakeOut Drill.
507,665 are from
Kentucky

KC & The Sunshine Band -(Shake Shake Shake) Shake Your Booty

Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lotta Shakin' Going On
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Shake, shake, shake...5 minutes...lol
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85437 Feb 7, 2013
$9.8 million in dead herring
Authorities in Iceland are scratching their heads after finding an estimated $9.8 million worth of dead herring in a fjord. Why did the herring die?
Feb. 7, 2013: For the second time in two months, herring worth millions of dollars in exports are seen floating dead on Feb. 5 in Kolgrafafjordur, a small fjord in Iceland. More than 25,000 tons of herring were lost in December – & more this month – due to lack of oxygen in the fjord attributed to a landfill & a bridge. The current export value of the estimated 10,000 tons of herring is about $ 9.8 million, according to Morgunbladid newspaper.(© Brynjar Gauti/AP)

Feb. 7, 2013: A health official sprays disinfectant in a duck cage on Feb. 6 following the deaths of more than 1,000 ducks from bird flu in West Sumatra, Indonesia. The Southeast Asian nation has been hit hard by bird flu: The virus has killed more than 160 people out of 192 cases reported since 2003, according to the health ministry.(© Rajo Lenggang/Xinhua/ZUMAPRESS.com)

http://photos.msn.com/slideshow/photo/must-se...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85438 Feb 7, 2013
Natural World Wonders You May Have Never Heard About

The Darvaza gas crater, known as “The Door to Hell,”

“The Great Blue Hole,” the Belize Barrier Reef
The Eye of the Sahara,

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2013/02/06/top-...

Cool pics
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85439 Feb 7, 2013
Shake, shake, shake...haha
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85440 Feb 7, 2013
Off to dance into the sunshine. Hope everyone has a wonderful day and has the warm temps/sunshine I do.

Enjoy, I will be back later to see if our wayward no show poster is back, I hope he is at Mardi Gras having a great time. Maybe New Orleans was where he watched the Super Bowl. haha

One week already. Sure hope his family isn't being harrassed by topix hater nonsense. may he RIP and his family find some closure and peace of their own. I have said a prayer for that and also asked for Blue to find a job. Everyday is prayer day for our topix friends.

Have a blessed day. I need to get motivated and ready to go eat lunch with a friend I haven't seen in a couple months, she has been traveling last couple months seeing family for the holidays. It is a beautiful day. We are so fortunate.:)

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#85441 Feb 7, 2013
Another nice day here. Loving the warmer weather.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85443 Feb 7, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Another nice day here. Loving the warmer weather.
Me too, I am out straightening up my wood pile and getting ready for spring cleaning. It might be a bit early but I don't care. The CREATOR has blessed us with a nice day and I am going to be Thankful and take advantage of it while it is here. Have a good day everyone.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85444 Feb 7, 2013
It is said that spring is a time for Romance. Big Chief Fat Feather must think so, he is having a go at all the hens. hehehe
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85445 Feb 7, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Bad times and bad decisions are what makes the average or even boring times seem GREAT, even when they aren't.
If we did not have rain, we would not have rainbows.
Hehe. Or a refreshing drink of water. To Blueminer, I agree with AW. He's pretty wise rooster.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#85446 Feb 7, 2013
Bwaaahahahahaha, AB!! Go figure, I slept right through the "Big Shake Out" period today! But four whole hours of sleep and I'm a new woman!?!?!

Let's rock this joint, Bird peeps!

Insomnia hits me so often, I can be totally exhausted, and then POOF! A paltry four hours of sleep and I feel like a billion bucks?? This is wonderful and I feel better today than I have in well over a week. I've always heard that the older you get, the less sleep you need. Guess that's what's going on...
:)

But I had a very vivid dream, as mine seem to always be. I always dream in color, more like HD, hehe. In this one, I was in Alaska riding my Harley through the beautiful mountains and could even smell the pines and forests. Going up and down mountain highways so fast that I felt my stomach going "anti-gravity", LOL!! Such a refreshing and wonderful dream it was!

I've been to Alaska before and it's one of the few places that I'd love to go back to again before the Lord calls me home. If any of you have never been there and get the chance, DO NOT pass it up. It's an awe inspiring place.

Anyhow, enjoy this one too:
The Guess Who
"Shakin' All Over"

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#85447 Feb 7, 2013
P.S.
I hope we hear from Hemp soon as well. I'm hoping he went to New Orleans for the Super Bowl too..

I don't know if any of you are aware of it or not, but in the Somerset threads a little over fours years ago there was a user who called himself "The Onion".

Talk about socks? It's STILL not known exactly who all he was and how many socks he wore. But when HE passed away, all the activity of his "troops" stopped as well. His alter egos suddenly disappeared right along with "The Onion" and his monikers. His brother tried to get on the threads a few times to keep the sham up, but he was horribly bad at it. Everyone caught on quickly, just like we did with Una and whoever that was trying to impersonate him.

"The Onion" had people pissed off so badly that here were threats even in person, or so it's said. Threats of violence toward him on the threads were common too. He was extremely racist and controversial, but at the same time he was a brilliantly intelligent man. History was one of his fortes.

We all think that he had a minimum of six socks that were active when he passed away. And that doesn't count the ones that were banned throughout the year or so that he was active, ultimately causing him to create other sock collections.
He was legend.
sockman

AOL

#85448 Feb 7, 2013
old topix regs never die,.....they just change their names

&fe ature=related

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min dollarsbill 132,161
Mayor west gives city councilmans son raise 37 min Darren the puppet 19
jason hughes 41 min sky 10
Husbands with friends 48 min sky 5
teena Marie mills 2 hr john 5
jessica napier 9 hr hmm 1
brandon bryson 9 hr old friend 4
praying it's all a lie 19 hr Just the truth 5
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Wed dad 52
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search