Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
71,861 - 71,880 of 81,588 Comments Last updated Wednesday Aug 20

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

UPDATE: Real-time video. On February 15th, weather permitting, hi-def video of the asteroid crossing the stars will be streamed from the Clay Center Observatory in Brookline, Mass., from 6 p.m. EST to 4 a.m. the next morning EST (3 p.m. to 1 a.m. PST).

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

~~ On Friday, February 15th, weather permitting, real-time high-definition video from the Clay Center Observatory will be available from 6 p.m. EST until 4 a.m. the next morning (3 p.m. to 1 a.m. PST). The video feed can be freely accessed worldwide via the observatory’s Ustream channel.

A countdown clock shows how much time remains until the tracking begins.~~

(Here is the 'clock' counting down to the live stream. Then as it states and weather permitting, they'll start a live feed of the asteroid along it's path. I hope the weather does cooperate. I'd love to watch this).
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/clay-center-obs...
Blueminer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Thanks Nope. I have been dealing with three or four different issues these days that have been shredding up my head my heart and my gut. I haven't posted about any of them. And some of them had been brought on by my own dumb actions and bad decisions.

Well, several days ago I just came on with a few check-in posts. While I was logged on Abeliever posted hopes and prayers for my welfare.

She had no idea of the things I had been dealing with that day and for the few weeks prior. That was the reason her post tore me up so badly (in a good way). And her post was right on time.

When I get a chance I'm gonna get on a computer and read about those things you are all discussing.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Blueminer wrote:
Thanks Nope. I have been dealing with three or four different issues these days that have been shredding up my head my heart and my gut. I haven't posted about any of them. And some of them had been brought on by my own dumb actions and bad decisions.
Well, several days ago I just came on with a few check-in posts. While I was logged on Abeliever posted hopes and prayers for my welfare.
She had no idea of the things I had been dealing with that day and for the few weeks prior. That was the reason her post tore me up so badly (in a good way). And her post was right on time.
When I get a chance I'm gonna get on a computer and read about those things you are all discussing.
Well, you're certainly added to my prayers now too. I know all too well what our own 'dumb actions', as you called them, can bring. I've made quite a few messes of things in my own time. Don't feel like the loner in that department...

But this too shall pass, Blue. You'll look back one day and it'll all be a memory. Maybe not a very good one perhaps, but a memory no less.

Some of my 'dumb actions' are bad memories and I have no one to blame but myself. Sometimes a few things I've done even keep me awake at night and I'm sure they always will. Not things I'm proud of. I've hurt people. But it's over and can't be undone... It passes and time deals with things as it may.

I guess what I'm trying to say is not to beat yourself up over it, whatever it is. Time ticks on, the hands of the clock still turn. It will get better.

I'll pray for you too.

I'm going to go try to lay down, speaking of staying awake. It's been almost 24 hours now and I'm still awake... Talk to you later. And keep your chin up. It WILL get better. I promise!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Good Morning Blueminer, it is good to see you on here. For a while, I thought I was hung out on the clothes-line with the women talking recipes and such LOL Coffee time.

Good Luck on finding something.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

LOL! Good morning, AW.

And.....
Good night.
:)

_-_Nope_-_
*Poof*
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Bad times and bad decisions are what makes the average or even boring times seem GREAT, even when they aren't.

If we did not have rain, we would not have rainbows.
Blueminer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you're certainly added to my prayers now too. I know all too well what our own 'dumb actions', as you called them, can bring. I've made quite a few messes of things in my own time. Don't feel like the loner in that department...
But this too shall pass, Blue. You'll look back one day and it'll all be a memory. Maybe not a very good one perhaps, but a memory no less.
Some of my 'dumb actions' are bad memories and I have no one to blame but myself. Sometimes a few things I've done even keep me awake at night and I'm sure they always will. Not things I'm proud of. I've hurt people. But it's over and can't be undone... It passes and time deals with things as it may.
I guess what I'm trying to say is not to beat yourself up over it, whatever it is. Time ticks on, the hands of the clock still turn. It will get better.
I'll pray for you too.
I'm going to go try to lay down, speaking of staying awake. It's been almost 24 hours now and I'm still awake... Talk to you later. And keep your chin up. It WILL get better. I promise!
Thanks and sleep well.
Blueminer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Bad times and bad decisions are what makes the average or even boring times seem GREAT, even when they aren't.
If we did not have rain, we would not have rainbows.
Mornin wolf! Your comment is truth. As always good to see you. Now I'm off to rustle up some bacon eggs and coffee.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
Mornin wolf! Your comment is truth. As always good to see you. Now I'm off to rustle up some bacon eggs and coffee.
Enjoy, I might try to get another few minutes of snooze before the chickens and dog get too rowdy.
Android

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Clyde Lewis: conspiracy garbage.

“It was only just a song”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
Here dear morning for you...
And if I did not make mistakes
And give too brief a thought to heavy questions
And too much time to little matter;
Or if I always knew which road to travel
Where every step would lead me into daylight
And if each face that turned to watch me pass
Was broken by a smile;
Or if whenever I should choose to lay my heart
Bare upon the sun-warmed grass,
It always was returned with tender touches
And carried by a song;
And if my heaviest burden were only to be
A breeze upon my back, and blossom in my hair,
And my brow was never crossed with lines of pain;
If all this endless summer were my lot
And winter's fury never beat me back,
Then I never would have seen the stormy nights
Through which I've struggled, fought and won;
I never would have known the joy of needed comfort given,
Or the essence of a friend.
:)

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Good morning, folks. Looks like I made it through the night uneventfully, and the Good Lord has granted me another day to enjoy his creations. The little guy is off to school, so now I have a bit of free time before I start the daily chores.
We are too invested in technology. A solar flare that occurred in 1859 did not have a huge impact because in those days, there was only telegraph equipment to catch fire. Now we are so dependent on electronic gizmos, that a big flare could take them out promptly, leaving us helpless. Gosh, I'm even missing my dishwasher that I wiped out a couple of nights ago...And I only have to wait until next week to get it replaced. I don't know why, as a country, we haven't hardened our systems to protect against even simple solar flares reaching earth.
Crazy as it sounds, I miss Una. He had so many alter egos, and they have disappeared with him. I might as well say it, I'm worried about Hempburn. Is it possible that Una created a "good" alter ego. I know that he had sufficient intellect to do so. This thread has been a hobby of Una's, probably because he was disabled and had lots of time to fill. We know that he had conversations with himself via his alter egos. Is it not possible that he had a "good" alter ego as well. He certainly had the intellectual capacity to generate good, clever linguistic style. And we have not heard from Hempburn since Una died. Una also had a particular interest in Hempburn's "morning report." Now there is a conspicuous absence of those reports. I will not be satisfied until Hempburn checks in with us again. Come to think of it, Hempburn projected himself as a mature, but not retired man. Does anyone remember what Hempburn did for a living? What about his family, friends? We do not know. Now, after 2 years, we gradually leaked out personal information, but Hempburn seems to exist in isolation. Maybe I'm all wet,and Hempburn will laugh at me when he returns, but until he returns, I will remain suspicious.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Blueminer wrote:
We all wish you well, and I will keep you in my prayers. Is there anything I can help you with. We are all pretty "close" on this thread, and have made good friends over the past two years plus. I know that my fellow bird threaders helped me in my time of need, and I have no doubt that we would like to help you as well. If there is something tangible that I can do, beyond my prayers, please let me know. Just post a message through Topix messages, and I can send you my personal e-mail. That is how we all communicate with others when we have to discuss sensitive information that we do not want to post publicly on Topix.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Good morning bird threaders. How is everyone? Beautiful day out. We are blessed.

Hang in there Blueminer. We all pray for a turnaround for you. We all make mistakes and still will, we are human, we must learn from them and look to our Creator for forgiveness and answers, depending what they are.

Nope, I hope you feel better. I have been reading the same articles you have. They are interesting and the the earthquakes. Wow, maybe they are removed or just scrolled through. Huge amount of earthquakes in 30 days 4+.

Morning lala and Ancient Wolf. Hope you are having a good one. Wonder where Hempburn is, he deserves a good scolding for making us worry. lol

Enjoy your day!

Enjoy the day everyone.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

On at 10:15.a.m. on February 7, 2013* in the 2013 Great Central U.S. ShakeOut!

2.4 million people are currently registered to participate in the 2013 ShakeOut Drill.
507,665 are from
Kentucky

KC & The Sunshine Band -(Shake Shake Shake) Shake Your Booty

Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lotta Shakin' Going On
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Shake, shake, shake...5 minutes...lol
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

$9.8 million in dead herring
Authorities in Iceland are scratching their heads after finding an estimated $9.8 million worth of dead herring in a fjord. Why did the herring die?
Feb. 7, 2013: For the second time in two months, herring worth millions of dollars in exports are seen floating dead on Feb. 5 in Kolgrafafjordur, a small fjord in Iceland. More than 25,000 tons of herring were lost in December – & more this month – due to lack of oxygen in the fjord attributed to a landfill & a bridge. The current export value of the estimated 10,000 tons of herring is about $ 9.8 million, according to Morgunbladid newspaper.(© Brynjar Gauti/AP)

Feb. 7, 2013: A health official sprays disinfectant in a duck cage on Feb. 6 following the deaths of more than 1,000 ducks from bird flu in West Sumatra, Indonesia. The Southeast Asian nation has been hit hard by bird flu: The virus has killed more than 160 people out of 192 cases reported since 2003, according to the health ministry.(© Rajo Lenggang/Xinhua/ZUMAPRESS.com)

http://photos.msn.com/slideshow/photo/must-se...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Natural World Wonders You May Have Never Heard About

The Darvaza gas crater, known as “The Door to Hell,”

“The Great Blue Hole,” the Belize Barrier Reef
The Eye of the Sahara,

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2013/02/06/top-...

Cool pics
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Shake, shake, shake...haha
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Off to dance into the sunshine. Hope everyone has a wonderful day and has the warm temps/sunshine I do.

Enjoy, I will be back later to see if our wayward no show poster is back, I hope he is at Mardi Gras having a great time. Maybe New Orleans was where he watched the Super Bowl. haha

One week already. Sure hope his family isn't being harrassed by topix hater nonsense. may he RIP and his family find some closure and peace of their own. I have said a prayer for that and also asked for Blue to find a job. Everyday is prayer day for our topix friends.

Have a blessed day. I need to get motivated and ready to go eat lunch with a friend I haven't seen in a couple months, she has been traveling last couple months seeing family for the holidays. It is a beautiful day. We are so fortunate.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info