Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,681

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
orewell

AOL

#85404 Feb 6, 2013
A solar "superstorm" could knock out Earth's communications satellites,
cause dangerous power surges in the national grid and disrupt crucial navigation aids and aircraft avionics, a major report has found.

It is inevitable that an extreme solar storm –

caused by the Sun ejecting billions of tonnes of highly-energetic matter travelling at a million miles an hour – will hit the Earth at some time in the near future,
but it is impossible to predict more than about 30 minutes before it actually happens, a team of engineers has warned.

Solar superstorms are estimated to occur once every 100 or 200 years, with the last one hitting the Earth in 1859.

Although none has occurred in the space age, we are far more vulnerable now than a century ago because of the ubiquity of modern electronics, they said.
EMP

Winchester, KY

#85405 Feb 6, 2013
orewell wrote:
A solar "superstorm" could knock out Earth's communications satellites,
cause dangerous power surges in the national grid and disrupt crucial navigation aids and aircraft avionics, a major report has found.
It is inevitable that an extreme solar storm –
caused by the Sun ejecting billions of tonnes of highly-energetic matter travelling at a million miles an hour – will hit the Earth at some time in the near future,
but it is impossible to predict more than about 30 minutes before it actually happens, a team of engineers has warned.
Solar superstorms are estimated to occur once every 100 or 200 years, with the last one hitting the Earth in 1859.
Although none has occurred in the space age, we are far more vulnerable now than a century ago because of the ubiquity of modern electronics, they said.
a nuclear detonation in the upper atmosphere can produce an electromagnetic pulse (EMP) that can do exactly the same thing. If or when this ever happens in warfare you can bet they will blame it on a solar superstorm.
The magnetosphere and the ionosphere are supposed to protect us from these solar superstorms, however HAARP has been creating gashes in these magnetic fields making us more susceptible to the effects of solar EMP's.
Blueminer

United States

#85406 Feb 7, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
YES!! I noticed on the map last night that there were others in action at the same time too, but I didn't mention it. There seemed to be a really strange "pattern" to them that I noticed, so I compared the "world map" of actual fault lines to the markers that were flashing. It was astonishing. This is getting to be some pretty scary stuff now.
This asteroid,(DA14/"Nibiru ") that's coming so terribly close to earth next week has some massive pull involved with it that's affecting the Earths core and our poles. The Earth really IS groaning and stretching. I just hope she can take it..
I am more concerned about this than I was Y2K OR the Mayan prophecies...
Y2K was a man made problem simply involving a man made fix. This asteroid however, is coming from the heavens.. And we must keep in mind all of these strange booms that everyone has been hearing all over the world now for so long with NO credible explanations being given..
If this asteroid HAS somehow been causing the Earth to make these booming noises and it's not even here yet, then after it passes there will be effects taking place until it's well out of our orbit too. These strange noises, and other related catastrophes could still go on for a long time to come after it's passed..
WOW! I don't get to read that much these days. So has this asteroid been officially named Nibiru?

I may be wrong; but I have been under the impression that something that fits the criteria of being an asteroid could not have that kind of gravitational pull on the earth.however position and timing could have earth pulling on an asteroid.
Blueminer

United States

#85407 Feb 7, 2013
dirt road wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha you said cat....i saw in the news last week that cats kill more birds than any other organism.
Sure cats kill birds, but I'm pretty sure desease organisms kill far more birds. However I'm not stating that I know that to be a fact.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#85408 Feb 7, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! I don't get to read that much these days. So has this asteroid been officially named Nibiru?
I may be wrong; but I have been under the impression that something that fits the criteria of being an asteroid could not have that kind of gravitational pull on the earth.however position and timing could have earth pulling on an asteroid.
Yep. I've got some links, but coffee isn't ready yet so I'm too groggy to find the files yet. If you'll give me a bit I can find them and post for you.

Glad to see you on the threads. Where in the country are you now? LOL!! Poor AW was feeling like the lone rooster today.
:)
Tarp

Burgdorf, Switzerland

#85409 Feb 7, 2013
Another fish die-off occured in Iceland within 2 months. Something weird is also happening over there!
http://strangesounds.org/2013/02/apocalyptica...

#85410 Feb 7, 2013
I read somewhere that this asteroid is going to be close enough that it could very well have the capability to take out a satellite if things aren't timed and coordinated right. That's how close it's going to be. Kind of gives you a sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach, doesn't it? It's about half the size of a football field they say.
Blueminer

United States

#85411 Feb 7, 2013
I'm also wondering. Has there been a bonafide increase in earthquake activity since Dec 21. What about other natural earth events.

I no longer have a computer at home to research with. I gave it to my sister for a real good price because she helped me up when I was down.

I just can't seem to make a decent go at it these days.
Blueminer

United States

#85412 Feb 7, 2013
Hi Nope and Everyone else!

I am at home today. Gotta find another job yet again. Some wacky things goin on in my life.

Sure was springlike around here yesterday.

#85413 Feb 7, 2013
Here is one of the links I found. Don't let the title "2012 DA14" sway you. That's what it was named until people started to peg it as the "Nibiru" asteroid for some reason that I've yet to figure out.

Pretty good detailed info in this article;

http://earthsky.org/space/asteroid-2012-da14-...

#85414 Feb 7, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
I'm also wondering. Has there been a bonafide increase in earthquake activity since Dec 21. What about other natural earth events.
I no longer have a computer at home to research with. I gave it to my sister for a real good price because she helped me up when I was down.
There was an earthquake down toward Australia just two days ago. Off in the islands. Last time I looked, they still had it graded as an 8.0 on the Richter scale. There were tsunami warnings out, but I don't think they did much damage. Nothing near what the earthquake itself did to those villages.

And the maps that we've all been watching for almost two years now show a lot of activity too. Much of it seems to be following fault lines in parameters.

#85415 Feb 7, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
Oh, Blue. I'm sorry to hear that. Dang. I didn't know you were having troubles. I have an acquaintance who drives a truck. I'll ask him if there is anything he knows of out there for you.

#85416 Feb 7, 2013
Here is a rather interesting paragraph I found too;

~~ It will be so close to us that your location on Earth will greatly affect its apparent path across the stars, due to parallax. And it will be near enough to Earth that Earth's gravity will rapidly alter its orbit.~~

http://www.skyandtelescope.com/observing/high...

#85417 Feb 7, 2013
UPDATE: Real-time video. On February 15th, weather permitting, hi-def video of the asteroid crossing the stars will be streamed from the Clay Center Observatory in Brookline, Mass., from 6 p.m. EST to 4 a.m. the next morning EST (3 p.m. to 1 a.m. PST).

#85418 Feb 7, 2013
~~ On Friday, February 15th, weather permitting, real-time high-definition video from the Clay Center Observatory will be available from 6 p.m. EST until 4 a.m. the next morning (3 p.m. to 1 a.m. PST). The video feed can be freely accessed worldwide via the observatory’s Ustream channel.

A countdown clock shows how much time remains until the tracking begins.~~

(Here is the 'clock' counting down to the live stream. Then as it states and weather permitting, they'll start a live feed of the asteroid along it's path. I hope the weather does cooperate. I'd love to watch this).
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/clay-center-obs...
Blueminer

United States

#85419 Feb 7, 2013
Thanks Nope. I have been dealing with three or four different issues these days that have been shredding up my head my heart and my gut. I haven't posted about any of them. And some of them had been brought on by my own dumb actions and bad decisions.

Well, several days ago I just came on with a few check-in posts. While I was logged on Abeliever posted hopes and prayers for my welfare.

She had no idea of the things I had been dealing with that day and for the few weeks prior. That was the reason her post tore me up so badly (in a good way). And her post was right on time.

When I get a chance I'm gonna get on a computer and read about those things you are all discussing.

#85420 Feb 7, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
Thanks Nope. I have been dealing with three or four different issues these days that have been shredding up my head my heart and my gut. I haven't posted about any of them. And some of them had been brought on by my own dumb actions and bad decisions.
Well, several days ago I just came on with a few check-in posts. While I was logged on Abeliever posted hopes and prayers for my welfare.
She had no idea of the things I had been dealing with that day and for the few weeks prior. That was the reason her post tore me up so badly (in a good way). And her post was right on time.
When I get a chance I'm gonna get on a computer and read about those things you are all discussing.
Well, you're certainly added to my prayers now too. I know all too well what our own 'dumb actions', as you called them, can bring. I've made quite a few messes of things in my own time. Don't feel like the loner in that department...

But this too shall pass, Blue. You'll look back one day and it'll all be a memory. Maybe not a very good one perhaps, but a memory no less.

Some of my 'dumb actions' are bad memories and I have no one to blame but myself. Sometimes a few things I've done even keep me awake at night and I'm sure they always will. Not things I'm proud of. I've hurt people. But it's over and can't be undone... It passes and time deals with things as it may.

I guess what I'm trying to say is not to beat yourself up over it, whatever it is. Time ticks on, the hands of the clock still turn. It will get better.

I'll pray for you too.

I'm going to go try to lay down, speaking of staying awake. It's been almost 24 hours now and I'm still awake... Talk to you later. And keep your chin up. It WILL get better. I promise!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85421 Feb 7, 2013
Good Morning Blueminer, it is good to see you on here. For a while, I thought I was hung out on the clothes-line with the women talking recipes and such LOL Coffee time.

Good Luck on finding something.

#85422 Feb 7, 2013
LOL! Good morning, AW.

And.....
Good night.
:)

_-_Nope_-_
*Poof*
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85423 Feb 7, 2013
Bad times and bad decisions are what makes the average or even boring times seem GREAT, even when they aren't.

If we did not have rain, we would not have rainbows.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Warren, will you be the next judge executive? 22 min Big0 1
Mike Warren, will you be the next judge? 23 min Big0 1
El Mariachi Restaurant 37 min liers 4
Who will win for Knox County Jailer 2014 44 min just saying 41
Indictments 1 hr John 86
Mayor. And school board candidates slinging Mud... 1 hr Shopper 76
jail tracker/knox county detention center not t... (Aug '11) 1 hr Mat 9
Knox Co.Jail employees idicted 2 hr Samuel Adams 73
Letter in mail from Sheriff candidate 5 hr Artemus Girl 29
Mike Warren embezzled money? 6 hr nocrook 18