Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,592)

Showing posts 71,821 - 71,840 of81,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Ancient Wolf, I thought you might enjoy reading about a family really roughing it. Wow, to been the first to see them after so long. Amazing

The people that time forgot: Incredible story of Russian family cut off from all human contact for 40 years who didn't know about WWII and had to eat leather shoes to survive

The Lykovs were Old Believers - members of a persecuted Russian sect

They left for wilderness after Karp saw brother killed by communists in 1936

Lived off land, ate leather shoes in harsh winter, unaware of WWII

Found in 1979 by Russian helicopter searching for spot to land geologists

The Lykovs were stupefied by modern goods like TV and cellophane

Tragically in 1981, three of Lykov children died, possibly of modern diseases

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22702...

The pictures are interesting too. Can you imagine? Wow, I am so thankful to have lived a pretty good pampered life.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Where is everybody these days. The thread has been slow in the last 24 hours. Usually I have to read quite a bit in order to catch up, but not tonight. Maybe AW has a dinner date, but where is Hempburn?
I haven't seen him post since Una died. Oh,no, you don't suppose....Naw,can't be.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

This story cracked me up. lol

Agence France-Presse reports A replica of Michelangelo's Renaissance sculpture David that was erected suddenly last summer is unnerving residents of a Japanese town, with some calling for the naked masterpiece to be given underwear.
The 16 foot tall marble statue was donated by a businessman who hails from the area around Okuizumo.

"It is the first time we have had anything like this in our town. Perhaps people were perplexed," town official Yoji Morinaga said.

http://photoblog.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/06...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I could never eat a chicken that I knew. Yes, they chortle to each other and have lots of conversations. Some chickens, if handled enough when young, will sit in your lap and enjoy someone stroking her feathers. When my kids were little we had a very small flock that behaved more like dogs then chickens, from all the attention that they got.
You are so right lala, my uncle's farm who we always had the time of our lives at,(since we were an Army family living on military bases all over the world) had a barn just for chickens and had quite a few, they all had names. Like I told my son's father, an avid hunter, as long as I don't have to meet it, clean it, I can cook it and eat it. hahaha
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Ancient Wolf, I thought you might enjoy reading about a family really roughing it. Wow, to been the first to see them after so long. Amazing
The people that time forgot: Incredible story of Russian family cut off from all human contact for 40 years who didn't know about WWII and had to eat leather shoes to survive
The Lykovs were Old Believers - members of a persecuted Russian sect
They left for wilderness after Karp saw brother killed by communists in 1936
Lived off land, ate leather shoes in harsh winter, unaware of WWII
Found in 1979 by Russian helicopter searching for spot to land geologists
The Lykovs were stupefied by modern goods like TV and cellophane
Tragically in 1981, three of Lykov children died, possibly of modern diseases
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22702...
The pictures are interesting too. Can you imagine? Wow, I am so thankful to have lived a pretty good pampered life.
That story is similar to Hiroo Onado who did not surrender in 1945, but finally gave up in 1974.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Abeliever wrote:
Nope, while that 8.0 was happening our western coast was lit up on the map. It even stirred the Madrid area. Missouri had a small one. I seen this and thought you might want to scroll down it and see our big one in Alaska.
30 Days of Earthquakes Worldwide
622 earthquakes of magnitude > 4.0, for uniform distribution
http://www.iris.edu/seismon/eventlist/index.p...
YES!! I noticed on the map last night that there were others in action at the same time too, but I didn't mention it. There seemed to be a really strange "pattern" to them that I noticed, so I compared the "world map" of actual fault lines to the markers that were flashing. It was astonishing. This is getting to be some pretty scary stuff now.

This asteroid,(DA14/"Nibiru ") that's coming so terribly close to earth next week has some massive pull involved with it that's affecting the Earths core and our poles. The Earth really IS groaning and stretching. I just hope she can take it..

I am more concerned about this than I was Y2K OR the Mayan prophecies...

Y2K was a man made problem simply involving a man made fix. This asteroid however, is coming from the heavens.. And we must keep in mind all of these strange booms that everyone has been hearing all over the world now for so long with NO credible explanations being given..

If this asteroid HAS somehow been causing the Earth to make these booming noises and it's not even here yet, then after it passes there will be effects taking place until it's well out of our orbit too. These strange noises, and other related catastrophes could still go on for a long time to come after it's passed..
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Oglala wrote:
Where is everybody these days. The thread has been slow in the last 24 hours. Usually I have to read quite a bit in order to catch up, but not tonight. Maybe AW has a dinner date, but where is Hempburn?
I haven't seen him post since Una died. Oh,no, you don't suppose....Naw,can't be.
I have been right here waiting on the chickens to come home to roost. Some absences do make one wonder?
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
Nah, not one of his socks. It has slowed down without him and his characters. I know I am still blued out about him being gone when months ago I wouldn't have cared less, as long as he was gone from here. He did keep it hoping. haha

I was wondering the same thing. Ole farter would have been begging for those daily reports. lol I remember him being here before we got the news about una talking about his Super Bowl plans and rooting for SF. Maybe he went to New Orleans to watch it and do Mardi Gras haha Wherever, he is I hope he safe and well.

Hope you are feeling better and get your email figured out. Are you still receiving?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>Like I told my son's father, an avid hunter, as long as I don't have to meet it, clean it, I can cook it and eat it. hahaha
I was the one who would always help my grandpa clean whatever he brought home from a day of hunting. As long as the head was cut off, that is. If the head was still on it, my heart just ached and I couldn't help him... Rabbit, squirrel, it didn't matter. If I saw it and the head was still attached, my heart just broke and I wouldn't even be able to eat any of it.

So he knew not to call me outside after he got back from hunting until he had already cut the heads off and hid them from me.

Still to this day, I have no idea where he'd put them. No doubt, probably just a little shallow hole with them in it was right under my feet as I helped him gut and skin everything, hehe.

I was a strange kid I guess....
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
That story is similar to Hiroo Onado who did not surrender in 1945, but finally gave up in 1974.
I thought that sounded like a familiar story. I will have to look him up and see if that is the one. Wow, so much life missed out on.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Lala, I could have sworn I saw Hemp post since then. I hope I'm right anyway!

Oh me....
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
YES!! I noticed on the map last night that there were others in action at the same time too, but I didn't mention it. There seemed to be a really strange "pattern" to them that I noticed, so I compared the "world map" of actual fault lines to the markers that were flashing. It was astonishing. This is getting to be some pretty scary stuff now.
This asteroid,(DA14/"Nibiru ") that's coming so terribly close to earth next week has some massive pull involved with it that's affecting the Earths core and our poles. The Earth really IS groaning and stretching. I just hope she can take it..
I am more concerned about this than I was Y2K OR the Mayan prophecies...
Y2K was a man made problem simply involving a man made fix. This asteroid however, is coming from the heavens.. And we must keep in mind all of these strange booms that everyone has been hearing all over the world now for so long with NO credible explanations being given..
If this asteroid HAS somehow been causing the Earth to make these booming noises and it's not even here yet, then after it passes there will be effects taking place until it's well out of our orbit too. These strange noises, and other related catastrophes could still go on for a long time to come after it's passed..
The birds/fish etc dying in masses and an increase in Earthquakes two years ago got me watching. Especially since this country could be cut in half from the Great Lakes to the Gulf if the Madrid Fault blew big like that 8.0 yesterday. I agree on the Y2K and Mayan threat. This natural stuff we have no control over and with the events happening as they are it is hard not to wonder. When the SHTF it may be from outer space. Let's hope the scientist are right..."just extremely close". Either way, I am ready whenever the Good Lord sees fit. I will enjoy life the best I can within my means like every day could be the last. It is great to be retired, you can do that easier.:)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

I agree with AB that Hempburn's last post was b4 the Super Bowl, it was about the same time as I posted that I was going to have a super bowl of popcorn.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

I have cleaned hogs, chickens, and wild game and ate my fair share. I have too many roosters right now and one might make it to the crock pot soon if I don't give it away first.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the story I was thinking of, those history classes were a long time ago. I didn't think he was still alive. He is 90.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

In honor of our departed friend and those who suffer with heart disease.

Omega-6 Fats Linked to Increased Risk of Heart Disease

Read more: http://healthland.time.com/2013/02/06/omega-6...

Give your heart a valentine: Pretty, red Hawthorn berries boost cardiac health

(NaturalNews) There is a health craze that is good for the heart and it's called the red Hawthorn berries. Hawthorn berries (Crateagus oxycanthus) boosts cardiac health aside from preventing cardiac arrhythmia, congestive heart failure, high blood pressure and angina. Having been used for hundreds of years or as far back as the first century, Hawthorn berries have proven to be the leading herb when it comes to heart problems and blood circulatory issues.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/038979_valentine_H...

My PSA for today.:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been right here waiting on the chickens to come home to roost. Some absences do make one wonder?
I know that you are always nearby, like a solid rock that we all can lean on in times of trouble. Your "steady as she goes"personality is like a welcome home. But where's Hempburn??? Are we going to have to find him like we do Waldo?
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

******DON'T FORGET**** tomorrow is ....

On at 10:15.a.m. on February 7, 2013* in the 2013 Great Central U.S. ShakeOut!

2.4 million people are currently registered to participate in the 2013 ShakeOut Drill.
507,665 are from
Kentucky

Geologic hazards, such as earthquakes, landslides, and sinkholes, cause millions of dollars in losses in Kentucky each year. The level and type of geologic hazards vary across the state, depending on the geology, topography, and hydrology.

The Great Central U.S. ShakeOut is a nine-state drill spanning much of the central United States. This page has information for participants living in Kentucky. ShakeOut activities for Kentucky are supported by the Kentucky Division of Emergency Management. For more information on ShakeOut activities in Kentucky, you can contact your State Earthquake Program Manager or FEMA Regional Earthquake Program Manager.

http://shakeout.org/centralus/

Well, maybe another PSA, hope they don't know something we don't know...hahaha

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Hi, Abeliever/ I read some of the e-mail that appeared on my new e-mail site. Some of the things that you wrote are very interesting indeed. Hope all is well with you. I guess that I've been missing you by minutes on the bird thread.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning Roaming. I have sunshine and birds too. Good to see them for a change.
It's been a long Winter, and it just started really.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 71,821 - 71,840 of81,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

58 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr SNYB 128,057
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Nutz 144,998
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 6 hr Poles 26,170
Barbourville topix 6 hr Rumors 11
Re. Maggie Milles 6 hr Just Looking 1
Truddy 7 hr Just Looking 3
looking for a mini pot belly pig 7 hr Shy 3
KC Basketball Coach 7 hr Panther Fanz 71
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 8 hr onefoehim 390