Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,587)

Showing posts 71,721 - 71,740 of81,193
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
The lights out in New Orleans could have been the work of Marie LeBeau.
If you say you're going to marry her-- you better stay with her for the rest of your life!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Kentucky dog makes national news:

Dog rescued from frozen pond
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/21134540/vp=5069502...

He is a beautiful dog. Got to love firefighters when they risk their life for animals like humans. God Bless them all. Loving that new show called Chicago Fire. I went to all the "Great Chicago Fire" ruins and museums when I went there for a conference once. Seen alot the short week I was there. Crazy place, but fun for a week. I wouldn't want to live in the fast lane. lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

@AB didn't Elvis have a song about her? Maybe I am thinking about "Polk Salat Annie".
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

My partner has French ancestors so I try to stay on his good side. I'm afraid he might've already put a spell on me.Lol. To each of you a goodnight. I have a baby who needs my assistance. Really worried about Nope. She sure is sick today. I've known so many with that dreadful diabetes and heart problems. Hopefully Spring will be here soon and we can enjoy the weather and the gifts coming from the ground;) Birds, bees, everything. The renewal of life...I always loved "The Rose" by Bette M. Conway Twitty did a nice version as well. Arrivederci.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
@AB didn't Elvis have a song about her? Maybe I am thinking about "Polk Salat Annie".
The version I know is Bobby Bare
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
The version I know is Bobby Bare
You are right, it was Bobby Bare. Elvis did Polk Salat Annie.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
No, it wasn't about the voodoo queen:

Polk Salad Annie" is a 1968 song written and performed by Tony Joe White. It was recorded in Muscle Shoals, Alabama. Its lyrics describe the lifestyle of a poor rural Southern girl and her family. Traditionally, the term to describe the type of food highlighted in the song is polk or poke salad, a product of pokeweed. Its 1969 single release peaked at Number 8 on the Billboard Hot 100.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polk_Salad_Annie

Tony Joe White - Polk Salad Annie
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Good song though.:)

Elvis Presley #'70 Polk Salad Annie (live)
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
My partner has French ancestors so I try to stay on his good side. I'm afraid he might've already put a spell on me.Lol. To each of you a goodnight. I have a baby who needs my assistance. Really worried about Nope. She sure is sick today. I've known so many with that dreadful diabetes and heart problems. Hopefully Spring will be here soon and we can enjoy the weather and the gifts coming from the ground;) Birds, bees, everything. The renewal of life...I always loved "The Rose" by Bette M. Conway Twitty did a nice version as well. Arrivederci.
I don't blame you. I wouldn't mess with no traditions no matter what they are. It is mystifying though. I loved New Orleans. I would love to go back.

I hope Spring is around the corner like predicted. Have a good night and if you can't sleep come back and chat. I leave you my favorite:

The Rose - Bette Midler

Have a peaceful night.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

well Good Night folks, I think I am going to go see if I can find something to chase Arthur out of the house for a few hours. If the liniment don't help, maybe some blackberry brandy will. if nothing else, both of those will warm my outtards and innards.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

One of my favorite Super Bowl ads in case you missed it.

Farmers Tribute: So God Made A Farmer. Paul Harvey

I loved listening ot Paul Harvey. Farming is some hard work too. Sadly a lot of farmland is turning into neighborhoods and strip malls. Glad there are still plenty where I can drive out and see some big operations. God Bless our farmers.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
well Good Night folks, I think I am going to go see if I can find something to chase Arthur out of the house for a few hours. If the liniment don't help, maybe some blackberry brandy will. if nothing else, both of those will warm my outtards and innards.
Goodnight Ancient Wolf. Sip one for me too. Sound good.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
Good morning, everyone. I slept as well as Roaming does, and here I am, once again. This thread is like a magnet--even if I resist, it pulls me to the keyboard. The only thing stronger is the bed, which is right behind me. So when I hit my forehead on the keyboard, which I frequently do, I just mozey over to the bed and drop right in. Stein is already there, snoring away. I'm going to have to kick him off so that I can make the bed.
Yes, sometime sleep eludes us all. More this week than most times. I hope you sleep better.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, sometime sleep eludes us all. More this week than most times. I hope you sleep better.
I did not sleep much last night-- hoping I can improve on that tonight!
Go Ravens

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

I don't think Western Kentucky can take down the Ravens!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

I just dropped in to say a quick hello to the bird threaders. Missed you folks tonight, but I had a lot of chores to get done--washed the kitchen floor and mudroom access. If that wasn't enough, I threw in a load of clothes to wash. Whoohooo. All done, now so I can shower and get to bed. Talk to you tomorrow. Pleasant dreams, and may your Guardian Angel guide you through your slumber, and gently awaken you in the morning to put sunshine in your heart.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Well that didn't work. Anyway, David Allan Coe and Tyler perform Daddy If...On youtube. For some reason. I'm having problems. Too tired I reckon.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Good morning folks. I don't know if it was the liniment on my joints or the small sip of blackberry brandy or both, but they kept old Arthur out of the house and I rested well. Now for coffee and await the CREATOR's new day and new life. I am 4 years old today, the Creator gave me a new lease on life on this date.

I suppose HE was not done with me spreading HIS message of Love as stated in Matt 22: 36-39 where CHRIST gave us the 2 greatest commandments and went on to say "On these 2 commandments hang all the laws (religous rules and dogmas) and the prophets (preaching).
HilLogic

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Good morning, friends & neighbors!
Thank you, Oglala & Ancient Wolf for your wonderful, uplifting posts this morning to get my day started off right! I hope ALL of you bird people have a great day today! I'm off to see how much I can get accomplished before the sun goes down...with a song in my heart, to go with the sunshine & love, placed there by Oglala and Ancient Wolf.

Before the Sun goes down
Before the world spins around
Before a new day's found
I must forgive
There's a grace that I've been shown
I know that I have to pass it on
Got to make it right
Right now before the sun goes down....
HilLogic

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

I had to share my favorite 'Sunset' song before I go; it is so beautiful!
Before the Sun Goes Down - Suzanne Jennings

Verse 1
Did I live with love and grace,
And dry the tear on some small face?
Did I drink the sunlight in,
And look on losing as a win?
Did I take the highest road?
Did I repay the debt I owed?
Search me, search me now I pray,
And wash my every sin away.

Chorus
Before the purple sunset skies,
Before the carpe diem dies,
Before I close my eyes to sleep and pray,
Dear Lord, my soul to keep,
Before I reach the end of day,
I've got to know I've walked Your way,
Before the darkness shades the ground,
Before the sun goes down.

Verse 2
Did I keep my word today,
And mean the things You heard me say?
Did I make sincere amends,
With those I've wronged, my kin and friends?
Did I seek to be more real?
Did I verbalize the things I feel?
Did I think on what is good,
And help my brother when I could?

Verse 3
As I reflect I must confess,
That I might not have passed some tests.
I fell short in everything,
For my poor flesh is limiting.
And I regret my whole life through,
I did not spend much time with You,
But if there's time and one more breath,
And one more hour of daylight left.

Repeat Chorus
http://www.yourchristianspace.com/blog/view/i...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 71,721 - 71,740 of81,193
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

83 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 16 min Mike Duquette 122,621
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 29 min Hatti_Hollerand 3,682
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 30 min Hatti_Hollerand 3,432
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 34 min LIbEralS 25,963
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 45 min Ari son of Anarchy 138,500
City stops doing anything for children 54 min read the audit 21
Rex Gray 1 hr rex gay 7
Eight arrested in Knox drug roundup... 5 hr gilbert gotta go 17
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search