Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
71,701 - 71,720 of 81,600 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#85245 Feb 4, 2013
No No No, The real Ancient Wolf is alive and well and sharing a condo in Argentina with Hitler and Elvis. Me ? Who knows?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#85246 Feb 4, 2013
kevin wrote:
<quoted text>I'll use Ten Beers to PM ya. If ya don't mind.
Ok.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85247 Feb 4, 2013
Hemburn, where did watch the Super Bowl, New Orleans? haha Where are you and little biscuit?

I thought at first it was Beyonce's light show, but she had her own generators for that, an irate SF fan, haha, terrorist test maybe, but a curse was not one of them. After reading this I can understand that bud commericial and enjoyed it the second time here. The video is there. haha

Voodoo priestess: Curse didn't cause Superdome blackout

Legend has it that New Orleans' Superdome is vexed by the angry spirits of the poor souls once buried beneath the stadium, their remains uprooted by backhoes during construction in the early 1970s.
And you can forget the Curse of Beyonce because her half-time show used its own generators.

The stadium is built over the old Girod Cemetery, where 30,000 people, including many victims of cholera and yellow fever epidemics, were buried.
This ad for Bud Light, featuring Stevie Wonder and his hit song "Superstition," aired during the second quarter of Super Bowl XLVII.

To read more and see the Bud commercial that makes way more sense to me now. Stevie and "Superstitution" was a genious commerical, but I am sticking with the Bud horse one as my favorite.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/04/16...

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#85248 Feb 4, 2013
I hope they can start to develop an immunity to that "white nose" disease..
(Is that what it's called? I don't feel like Googling for the answer right now. I had a blood sugar drop, a really bad one again, a little while ago and am not feeling very perky right now. Posting here is keeping me awake. I'm afraid to go lay down yet).
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85249 Feb 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
No No No, The real Ancient Wolf is alive and well and sharing a condo in Argentina with Hitler and Elvis. Me ? Who knows?
haha, I didn't get but the first line and seen your name there and it was gone. I think we probably know who that was.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85250 Feb 4, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Misty eyed, I just went on a few runs with a big ole burly friend I use to call my bodyguard. He was like having another brother. Grew up together. I had said I would like to get away for a few days and he jokingly said come on you can be my co-pilot. So I did. He thought I was to "foo foo" for a road trip. I proved him wrong. Had the time of my life, met some great people, seen some beautiful country in other states. I miss that big ole lug. He died about 10 years ago.
I am an Army Brat and retired recently after 30 years with the Dept of Defense. If I had my do overs, I would have put ten more in. I miss it all from time to time. I am too young to retire. But I am enjoying it. Just need a partner to walk off into the sunset with. haha
My brother put in six years with Army Reserve as a medic. I have an ex uncle if you will served in Vietnam. We might age, but that doesn't mean we can't feel young. I had an elderly lady in a wheelchair clobber me with her big handbag one time. LOL. Vivacious little Lady. She loved life and sure did get around and did not like to go to bed...Hehe. As for getting a partner...if you're still feeling young Anything can happen;) ;) when you least expect it. Sorry once again for being too far off base...
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#85251 Feb 4, 2013
The lights out in New Orleans could have been the work of Marie LeBeau.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85252 Feb 4, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
(Is that what it's called? I don't feel like Googling for the answer right now. I had a blood sugar drop, a really bad one again, a little while ago and am not feeling very perky right now. Posting here is keeping me awake. I'm afraid to go lay down yet).
You got that right. That is why I said "good" bat story. All those diseased bats in Ky and Indiana last year was spooky. They serve their purpose like the bees we take for granted.

You be careful with that sugar drop. I left you some stuff to keep your busy for a little while. haha

I hope you feel better.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#85253 Feb 4, 2013
Marie LeVeau, either old Arthur or Marie made my finger hit the wrong key LOL check her out on Google.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85254 Feb 4, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> My brother put in six years with Army Reserve as a medic. I have an ex uncle if you will served in Vietnam. We might age, but that doesn't mean we can't feel young. I had an elderly lady in a wheelchair clobber me with her big handbag one time. LOL. Vivacious little Lady. She loved life and sure did get around and did not like to go to bed...Hehe. As for getting a partner...if you're still feeling young Anything can happen;) ;) when you least expect it. Sorry once again for being too far off base...
Don't be sorry, it took me back to visit a memory of a good friend lost to me among a lot of friends and family I have had to learn to live without. What don't kill you makes you stronger.

There are some little ole ladies out there that just have nothing but piss and vinegar in them. Lively as all get out. I love to watch that Betty White show where the seniors punk the youngsters. It is hilarious. Some lame moments, but always gives me a laugh.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85255 Feb 4, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I hope you feel better soon. Have you tried eating apples and oranges. And I know, Yoplait is colored and sweetened with beet juice. All those natural sugars should help. Try to have a nice evening...I wish you better health.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85256 Feb 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
You could be right. She was the Queen.

Marie Laveau, Voodoo Queen & Faith Healer

http://www.mysticvoodoo.com/marie-laveau.htm

Location hidden

#85257 Feb 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
If you say you're going to marry her-- you better stay with her for the rest of your life!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85258 Feb 4, 2013
Kentucky dog makes national news:

Dog rescued from frozen pond
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/21134540/vp=5069502...

He is a beautiful dog. Got to love firefighters when they risk their life for animals like humans. God Bless them all. Loving that new show called Chicago Fire. I went to all the "Great Chicago Fire" ruins and museums when I went there for a conference once. Seen alot the short week I was there. Crazy place, but fun for a week. I wouldn't want to live in the fast lane. lol
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#85259 Feb 4, 2013
@AB didn't Elvis have a song about her? Maybe I am thinking about "Polk Salat Annie".
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85260 Feb 4, 2013
My partner has French ancestors so I try to stay on his good side. I'm afraid he might've already put a spell on me.Lol. To each of you a goodnight. I have a baby who needs my assistance. Really worried about Nope. She sure is sick today. I've known so many with that dreadful diabetes and heart problems. Hopefully Spring will be here soon and we can enjoy the weather and the gifts coming from the ground;) Birds, bees, everything. The renewal of life...I always loved "The Rose" by Bette M. Conway Twitty did a nice version as well. Arrivederci.

Location hidden

#85261 Feb 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@AB didn't Elvis have a song about her? Maybe I am thinking about "Polk Salat Annie".
The version I know is Bobby Bare
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#85262 Feb 4, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
The version I know is Bobby Bare
You are right, it was Bobby Bare. Elvis did Polk Salat Annie.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85264 Feb 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
No, it wasn't about the voodoo queen:

Polk Salad Annie" is a 1968 song written and performed by Tony Joe White. It was recorded in Muscle Shoals, Alabama. Its lyrics describe the lifestyle of a poor rural Southern girl and her family. Traditionally, the term to describe the type of food highlighted in the song is polk or poke salad, a product of pokeweed. Its 1969 single release peaked at Number 8 on the Billboard Hot 100.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polk_Salad_Annie

Tony Joe White - Polk Salad Annie

Good song though.:)

Elvis Presley #'70 Polk Salad Annie (live)
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85265 Feb 4, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
My partner has French ancestors so I try to stay on his good side. I'm afraid he might've already put a spell on me.Lol. To each of you a goodnight. I have a baby who needs my assistance. Really worried about Nope. She sure is sick today. I've known so many with that dreadful diabetes and heart problems. Hopefully Spring will be here soon and we can enjoy the weather and the gifts coming from the ground;) Birds, bees, everything. The renewal of life...I always loved "The Rose" by Bette M. Conway Twitty did a nice version as well. Arrivederci.
I don't blame you. I wouldn't mess with no traditions no matter what they are. It is mystifying though. I loved New Orleans. I would love to go back.

I hope Spring is around the corner like predicted. Have a good night and if you can't sleep come back and chat. I leave you my favorite:

The Rose - Bette Midler

Have a peaceful night.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Reality 151,288
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 18 min uninformed idiot 1,561
union college 21 min changes 2
does anyone know al barrett (Nov '08) 41 min Curious 2
Electric out? 59 min Rite 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Curious 130,550
Kevin Disney Central Elementary School 1 hr SMH 5
2012 Ginseng Prices (Oct '12) 12 hr RobertB 120
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••