Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
71,681 - 71,700 of 81,594 Comments Last updated Wednesday
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85222 Feb 4, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Know wonder you are so wise and interesting. Hehe. I'd be scared to death;) You have a fine afternoon also;)
Thank you, getting wiser as older. I have seen things from all sides through my career. I still have something I can say I learn every day. I have learned a lot, a LOT, on this thread since the birds dropped. I will treasure it and those I have become so fond of the rest of my life. I so miss that ole fart I was having so much fun with after months of acting like hated filled ex's. lol

I did have a fine afternoon. Got some laundry done, went outside for a bit, picked up some windblown paper, limbs, etc out of my yard. Watched the biggest crows not the least bit intimidated by me being out there munching all the bread, buns, stale crackers etc..I put out there keeping the rest of the birds at bay above me on the telephone wires haha. Good thing for him the big fat greyboy wasn't out there rolling in the grass for some attention. I haven't seen him for a couple days. He probably has a second/third home out there somewhere. I have never seen him chase them or even pay them any mind. He is old and fat and just struts and lays in his chair that is his only. lol

Have a peaceful evening. I suspect Arthur will be visiting some of the bird threaders as the temp drops and the rain we have moves east. haha
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85223 Feb 4, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Betty, my first husband swore that meatloaf was simply forming a pound or two of ground beef into a square and then salt and peppering it. His was HORRID, but he'd eat it no other way for quite a while..
Not until I finally fixed his tail end one day. I took onion, bread crumbs, the spices and everything else that I'd normally put into my own recipe and placed it into my food processor until it was in too small pieces for him to see the chunks. Then I added it into the hamburger and baked it. He made the remark that it was the best meatloaf I'd ever made. I thanked him and let him finish his meal, all three servings of this suddenly "marvelous" meatloaf.
I spilled the beans after he'd finished his dinner. He never complained about meatloaf ingredients after that night, hehe! I also never had to 'hide' the fixings for my meatloaf that way again either. He never really disliked anything I cooked, he was just spoiled from his mothers method of cooking, which I found to be tasteless and bland.
(Women... We DO have our little ways)..
:)
My ex liked to act slovenly and rarely ate a decent meal. He became so verbally abusive that I had enough. He was lying on the couch drinking from a 2 liter bottle- oh yes- one day. Well, about the time he got preoccupied playing a video game an insect flew right into that sucker. I didn't say a word. I was watching from the front of the kitchen sink. To the this day he never knew He drank a bug. I figured, he'd just called me a few names so I cared less about him. I've gotten past it now, but I resented him for years threatening to kill me. I understand what you mean though by those kind of men. Life can always get better.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85224 Feb 4, 2013
Good evening bird threaders. Hope you are having a good one. I am going to go back and catch up.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#85225 Feb 4, 2013
kevin wrote:
<quoted text>That really bums me out.
I liked takin' lil jabs at him.
Most of his replies cracked me up.
I'll miss readin' his stuff.
Yes, he died of a massive heart attack on Thursday morning around 10 am.
He kept it lively!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85228 Feb 4, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank You...Things have been hitting me pretty hard for the past few weeks. Your post has.brought me to tears.
God bless You too Abeliever and keep you safe and well. The same wish for all of You.
Like lala said, if you need a cyber topix hug, just pop in, chances are there will be someone to give you a ((HUG)). Ignore those idiots on that forum. We know you and him made peace. We know you are good people. Know, like he did that there are people you have never met(topix friends)rooting for you, hoping you are safe and wondering where you are if you haven't posted in a while. You hang in there.
kevin

Louisa, KY

#85229 Feb 4, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he died of a massive heart attack on Thursday morning around 10 am.
He kept it lively!
Is this actually confirmed?

I mean in the real world.

Considering this is topix. how do we know for sure?
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85230 Feb 4, 2013
I say I have to have homemade chili. I like the Bush's brand beans, I don't use starters, but if I want to do chili dogs etc..especially when I had a teenager, I bought a can of Bush's. lol

If I am out wanting chili, I get one or two large from Wendy's. I prefer homemade, and it does have to made about like potato salad, allot. I just freeze half of it or offer it to my brother who lives alone.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85231 Feb 4, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
In light of all the badness in our world these days, here's a spot of good news.
"Hostage standoff ends with kidnapper dead, child safe".
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/04/us/alabama-chil ...
~~
Midland City, Alabama (CNN)-- A six-day hostage standoff came to an end Monday when a man holed up a bunker was found dead and police recovered the 5-year-old he abducted, according to a law enforcement official.
The child appeared to be OK emerging from the ordeal, the official said.
Two ambulances left the scene shortly before 4 p.m.(5 p.m. ET).
~~
(Thank you Lord. I'm so glad to hear that this little guy is has finally been freed. What a traumatic ordeal).
Hi Nope, you are right that was some GOOD news for a change on the Nightly News. Bless his little heart. I hope he will be okay mentally too. There sure were a lot of people praying for the little guy.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85232 Feb 4, 2013
It's odd huh. Lala and I took care of those ailing; AW & Abeliever & Blueminer drove or is driving big rigs,Nope and Ms. E Font appear to be great teachers; Betty like Lala and I provide humane services . And if one of us doesn't have a bout with Arthur , it sure is creeping upon us. We are like a big pot of stew. And I did not mean to leave anyone out...I'm sure you'll fit somewhere.Hehe.

Location hidden

#85234 Feb 4, 2013
kevin wrote:
<quoted text>Is this actually confirmed?

You know how to contact me-- I'll tell you.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85235 Feb 4, 2013
kevin wrote:
<quoted text>Is this actually confirmed?
Hi Kevin, yes, sadly it is true. You can go back to Thursday morning and read forward or go to the Scottsville forum and read the two threads about it. Some of us looked it up in the news there and found it. You two had some funny posts going for the longest time. He was a hoot, that is for sure. I sure liked the nicer version of him better. We will miss him allot. At least most of us will.:)
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#85236 Feb 4, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
It's odd huh. Lala and I took care of those ailing; AW & Abeliever & Blueminer drove or is driving big rigs,Nope and Ms. E Font appear to be great teachers; Betty like Lala and I provide humane services . And if one of us doesn't have a bout with Arthur , it sure is creeping upon us. We are like a big pot of stew. And I did not mean to leave anyone out...I'm sure you'll fit somewhere.Hehe.
I don't drive a big rig and never have, but I have helped keep some on the roads both financially and locating the better paying loads and handling all the paper work including driver pay. But we have since down-sized to just the one the son drives and I don't even do the paper work any more.

I do drive a pickup, a 4 wheeler, a farm tractor, and a lawn mower and if gas gets any more expensive, I might just drive a mule. Maybe I can get them to install a hitching rail at the Church. Wonder what McDonald's folks will think when I ride that mule thru the drive-thru? LOL

Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85237 Feb 4, 2013
Interesting study just came out about Hoodoos that are located in California. I've always thought the Red Rocks in Cali have a wildness and gret beauty about them.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85238 Feb 4, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
Sorry Misty eyed, I just went on a few runs with a big ole burly friend I use to call my bodyguard. He was like having another brother. Grew up together. I had said I would like to get away for a few days and he jokingly said come on you can be my co-pilot. So I did. He thought I was to "foo foo" for a road trip. I proved him wrong. Had the time of my life, met some great people, seen some beautiful country in other states. I miss that big ole lug. He died about 10 years ago.

I am an Army Brat and retired recently after 30 years with the Dept of Defense. If I had my do overs, I would have put ten more in. I miss it all from time to time. I am too young to retire. But I am enjoying it. Just need a partner to walk off into the sunset with. haha
kevin

Louisa, KY

#85239 Feb 4, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
You know how to contact me-- I'll tell you.
I'll use Ten Beers to PM ya. If ya don't mind.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85240 Feb 4, 2013
Someone is showing their true colors. Glad that last left before I could finish reading it.

Seriously???
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85241 Feb 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't drive a big rig and never have, but I have helped keep some on the roads both financially and locating the better paying loads and handling all the paper work including driver pay. But we have since down-sized to just the one the son drives and I don't even do the paper work any more.
I do drive a pickup, a 4 wheeler, a farm tractor, and a lawn mower and if gas gets any more expensive, I might just drive a mule. Maybe I can get them to install a hitching rail at the Church. Wonder what McDonald's folks will think when I ride that mule thru the drive-thru? LOL
Sorry, about that. Yeah, I've put fuel and gas, and even changed a blade on a push mower. I'd sure like to see you and that mle going through the drive thru. Like to have a camera to get a picture of the employees' faces. ROFL.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85242 Feb 4, 2013
Verdict issued on skeleton found under parking lot: It's King Richard III

The project used 21st-century forensic science to solve a 500-year-old mystery surrounding one of William Shakespeare's best-known villains.

Shakespeare's play, "Richard III," made the king out to be a scheming monster who killed children to get to the English throne.

The bard gave Richard III dramatic lines that are still evoked today, ranging from "the winter of our discontent" to "A horse! A horse! My kingdom for a horse!"

And then there's the matter of reburying the remains: Authorities said the skeleton would get a proper interment in Leicester Cathedral, not far from the parking lot where it was found. The cathedral's canon chancellor, David Monteith, said planning for an interment ceremony in 2014 has already begun, and he expressed the hope that after more than 500 years, Richard III "may come to rest in peace, and rise in glory."

Read more and view pictures:
http://cosmiclog.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/04...

Not quite the burial he planned I bet. Hands bound, blows to the head. History.

Location hidden

#85243 Feb 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I don't drive a big rig and never have, but I have helped keep some on the roads both financially and locating the better paying loads and handling all the paper work including driver pay. But we have since down-sized to just the one the son drives and I don't even do the paper work any more.

I'm just hoping I am not in line behind you on a hot summer day! Road apples
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85244 Feb 4, 2013
A good bat story for a change:

Bats reveal clues to viral immunity

Bats can harbour some of the world's most deadly viruses without ever getting sick and researchers in Singapore are trying to find out how they do it. By investigating the creatures' genetic structure, the scientists hope to eventually find the key for humans to fight infectious disesases. Elly Park reports.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/bats-r...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min Nutz 151,117
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 22 min The_Box 130,468
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 27 min Been Rich 1,279
Travis slushpup 32 min Brenda 6
betty mills 1 hr friend 3
hot girl a the funeral home 5 hr wow 7
Johnnie Mcgegor at csc 9 hr Tell it 9
•••
•••
•••