Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,580)

Showing posts 71,581 - 71,600 of81,564
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

betty wrote:
good evening everyone.
if this post twice, sorry, topix being fickle again.
went to my moms for Sunday dinner and i am full to the brim on her fried chicken and sweet potato pie. she doesn't make it very often any more due to the fact that my step-dad and she are getting up there in years an they are trying to lay off the fried foods to preserve their health.
my original plan today was a pork tenderloin i had started in my baby crock before we left for church but when i heard she was frying bird, putting that roast in the fridge to be heated back up tomorrow, was a no brain er! oh well, if it dries out too much i will just throw some sweet baby rays on it (what i would have done with the left overs any way) and have some homemade pulled pork bbq.
if there are two things i will never pass up from my moms kitchen, its her fried chicken and her peanut butter fudge. no one else even comes close when it comes to her fudge making skills.
think i may take a nap in hopes that i wont feel so much like the blueberry girl from charlie and the chocolate factory.
the roads are horrible here, in town is good and salted but they don't do much for us country folk. the brine is helping a little. thankfully we only have a long drive way to contend with till me and hubby hit the parkway so we haven't had many problems getting around but my moms road was definitely still slick in spots. she has just learned the hard way over the years to keep stocked in all the basics during the winter and avoid going out all together. but a few slick spots didn't stopped us kids from having an in-prom-to family get together once word got out she was frying...lol
took Joe poodle with us.... he likes to watch my step dad as he stacks and re-stacks the wood on the front porch... what he was doing, not surprisingly, when we arrived.as usual he had the truck radio blaring loud enough that the people in the yuppy neighborhood that they built right behind their house could hear it clearly, singing off-key to charlie Daniels and stacking away. i asked hubby to help him and went to go see how things were going in the kitchen and me and my mom got a good laugh when ten minutes later hubby came in and said my step dad sent him in because he was talking too much and he couldn't hear the radio. good times...lol
uneasy rider
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
it will be stuck in my head for days.....
think i will take that nap now
Hi Betty, perfect song, he would of loved it.:) I love Charlie Daniels too. You are so right about Mom's fried chicken and fudge. Mine was the same and your family sounds just like mine. lol I can still see her standing at the stove turning that golden brown chicken in Grandma's big iron skillet just like her beating that fudge she made so often for us. She made the Hershey's Old Fashion Fudge recipe. There was nothing like it. Either time the aroma would make your heart smile. Cherish those moments. I can almost smell it and wish she was still here. It has been a rough year trying to live on without her. We will just carry on the traditions and let her live on through us.

Hope you had a good nap.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Abeliever and Everybody else! Speaking of Super Bowl I just returned back to my truck. I've been hanging out on Bourbon Street in the French Quarter. Big Super Bowl/pre Mardi Gras party in progress.
I reckon I didn't get enough last night.
And what did I read above? Are they saying UNA has passed away???
Hey Blueminer, we were wondering about you. You are in the midst of all the fun huh? Enjoy. Yes, look at your local news and funeral home obits. So sad. He was bird threading prior to his heart attack it appears. God rest his soul.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>We know he is gone and never will come back and tease or please us with his wit. It is just not right. Please let him rest in peace.
AB, best case scenario is that this is "Theodora", his sister that he claimed also got on Topix sometimes. But it doesn't quite fit her M.O. either. I always took it for granted that her online persona was a sock puppet from Una himself anyway..

There will no doubt be many missing moniker/sock puppets now. All I know for sure is that the scourge of bad judge-its have ceased altogether, if you've noticed.
(And also take note of when they suddenly stopped)...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

I do think that Ms E Font was a real person, but many more of them? Sock puppets, made for him to enjoy taunting us all with, hehe.

I dare say, I will miss it all.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Oglala wrote:
Who do you suppose that is posing as Una. It's his avatar,but not his language.
I am frustrated today, trying to fix my e-mail, and nobody (folks from my antivirus company, my ISP, or mail.com ) takes ownership of the glitch. I will have to forgo sending out e-mails until my computer savvy son-in-law rescues me. You can still send me e-mails and I can open them, but don't expect a response anytime soon. Grrrrr......
Hi lala, maybe you should delete the email address and do another one, just send it to us and we will see it that works. OJG has been responding to all and updating us on her move etc..

That person had not posted on their home forum and generally noone else is. Maybe Blueminer can shed some light on it. He knew him. It is sad, I don't want to see his avatar because I know it isn't him.
Blueminer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Well I just read the obit...I honestly do not know what to think. Per his change in heart and attitude in the last few months he must have felt his time was near.

I glad he and I made peace and a cyber-handshake a few weeks ago.

He was a witty oldd farter! He certainly sparked some of my best material. And I in turn brought out the best and worst in him.

He will be missed!
HilLogic

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Darlin', there's not a single thing in my household that's not secured in some way, shape or form... You have to leave at some point and time, if only just for groceries.
I trust NO ONE that fully...
Only my immediate family earns that right.
:)
No doubt you are as wise as your avatar,'Nope'. LOL
But, I wasn't just throwing that out there to have something to say. I actually know people who have no passwords. I, on the other hand, am like you in that I have everything secure. But I have let others know where to find everything they would need to take care of business, in case it should ever become necessary.
Blueminer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi lala, maybe you should delete the email address and do another one, just send it to us and we will see it that works. OJG has been responding to all and updating us on her move etc..
That person had not posted on their home forum and generally noone else is. Maybe Blueminer can shed some light on it. He knew him. It is sad, I don't want to see his avatar because I know it isn't him.
I didn't know UNA personally though if one knew where to look they could probably come up w/his avatar.

Some of you may remember several months ago I used his avatar so I could alter it and taunt him a bit. I simply got on his profile page and messed around til I could download a reasonable copy of it.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Blueminer wrote:
Blue, I think that's what saddens me about this whole thing. No matter what I said or answered to his many questions, he still despised me and I don't know why.

I never intentionally did anything to insult him, other than the one time months back when I accused him of acting like "Dennis the Menace" on here. From that day on, I was mud. It makes sense why that made him hate me I guess, knowing what I know now. At the time it was purely coincidental on my part. But I think he suspected me of foul play due to the nickname I pegged him with that day, which couldn't be further from the truth.. I had NO knowledge to any of Una's personal details. I swear to that.

I wish he and I could have come to a truce like he allowed everyone else to. He just purely hated me. Every word I typed, he looked at as venom. If he only knew then what he obviously knows now....
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
well Gee, I made it from Berea to Lexington in record time. LOL
I noticed that right off. haha That is too funny. You are fast. lol

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I do think that Ms E Font was a real person, but many more of them? Sock puppets, made for him to enjoy taunting us all with, hehe.

I dare say, I will miss it all.
I am real, I've just been catching up. Is this true about Una?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

HilLogic wrote:
<quoted text>But I have let others know where to find everything they would need to take care of business, in case it should ever become necessary.
I have too. My siblings have everything that they'll need to tie up any loose ends that might be left in my passing. I've done my best to make sure that my family isn't left with any unnecessary hassles when I'm gone. It's hard enough to loose someone, and taking care of the endless array of paperwork and legalities is heart wrenching when you're already grieving.

I learned that when one of my parents passed away very unexpectedly. Here one minute, gone the next... It was horrid. I don't want to see my family put into that kind of a sorrowful predicament ever again.
Blueminer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

I'm sure UNA had at least a few socks. But It seemed at times he was actually sharing the UNA persona w/someone else. There were just too many times that his style seemed very different.

He never called anyone out over it so it would have been an arrangement he had w/someone so he could keep the fun going. However the changes in style may just have been the difference of posting while under the influence of some medication.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh me. Hello Ms Font.

It appears so. I'm sorry for your loss.. I know that you two loved to chat. I was under the impression that you knew each other in real life?
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
All evidence points to it being true and happening Thursday morning. A poser has been on, but the style does not fit.
Blueminer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Blue, I think that's what saddens me about this whole thing. No matter what I said or answered to his many questions, he still despised me and I don't know why.
I never intentionally did anything to insult him, other than the one time months back when I accused him of acting like "Dennis the Menace" on here. From that day on, I was mud. It makes sense why that made him hate me I guess, knowing what I know now. At the time it was purely coincidental on my part. But I think he suspected me of foul play due to the nickname I pegged him with that day, which couldn't be further from the truth.. I had NO knowledge to any of Una's personal details. I swear to that.
I wish he and I could have come to a truce like he allowed everyone else to. He just purely hated me. Every word I typed, he looked at as venom. If he only knew then what he obviously knows now....
You just tried to get him to be nice to people. The reality is we're in cyberland.
We do not know for sure who's who or who is how many other whos.(if that makes sense)Maybe he he suspected you were using a sock to taunt him, but Nope to be nice. It happens.Whatever it was UNA didn't like anyone trying to inluence or get onto him for being rude UNA.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Blueminer wrote:
Well I just read the obit...I honestly do not know what to think. Per his change in heart and attitude in the last few months he must have felt his time was near.
He was a witty oldd farter! He certainly sparked some of my best material. And I in turn brought out the best and worst in him.
He will be missed!
You may be right Blueminer. I thought he got grabbed by the spirit of the holiday season but wondered if he had got bad news. I am glad we made peace too. I really stooped low fighting with him last year. I never seen anything like it. But forgiveness is a good thing and I was happy to exchange posts with him when he came around. I think he really enjoyed this thread more than any. It appeared he was here more than his own forum. Who would of thought, huh? I was happy to see that exchange you two had burying the hatchet. I hope he is at peace. I will miss him.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>Oh me. Hello Ms Font.

It appears so. I'm sorry for your loss.. I know that you two loved to chat. I was under the impression that you knew each other in real life?
No-- we only chatted on Topix. About a year ago I came on Topix to fill my time when insomnia left me awake and he was on here being "Una". I pretended to be his Nanny. His avatar reminded me of a child I tutored right after college. I have been busy the last 4 months and not on here as often; however, I would always drop by to check on my little Una Far Tater. He was articulate, intelligent and I enjoyed his humor. I actually always thought I was older than Una, I'm in my late 40's.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

lala, check your email please. I know you may not be able to reply, just think about it. Please
qwerty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

kinda sad right now

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 71,581 - 71,600 of81,564
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

75 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Republicans Are Stupid 146,089
Anybody know David Allen smith? (Jul '13) 24 min Know him 10
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 26 min Mike Duquette 128,546
Any couples into SCAT??? 42 min Jason lake 2
Orange water 1 hr jack 3
legalize marijuana 4 hr ole hippy 4
Ky Biscuit Company 4 hr same here 13
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••