Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
71,541 - 71,560 of 81,595 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#85072 Feb 3, 2013
Lala, if you run a newer version of Windows, type MRT into your start menus search bar. Click run. It will flag and remove unwanted and warranted malware. Be forewarned that it could take a couple of hours to complete. I generally run it before I go to bed, making sure that auto shutoff is disabled. Then run a defrag to help speed up your system. These steps will also help remove unwanted cookies in the background.

Hope this helps fix what "ailing your email".

(MRT stands for "Microsoft Removal Tool", just in cawse you're wondering)

#85073 Feb 3, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
My son once had a dog that when he told it they were going for a walk, it would go get it's own leash. When I let mine out I leave the door cracked and he pushes it open to get back in and then closes it back. He has learned to back up and bump the door with his butt.
So you get dog bugger snot when it's on it's way out, and doggy skids when it's closing the door! How sweet is that?? Too cool! You should video it!
:)
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85074 Feb 3, 2013
He Touched Me: Elvis Presley on KET 4-5:30. His love of his momma and Gospel.

Hello Ancient Wolf, lala, Nope, Misty-Eyed, and fellow bird threaders.

AW, didn't want to watch the Godfather mafia show, I seen the one you were watching, but settle for Andy Griffith marathon on WDRB Fox41. lol Can't go wrong with classics. 100+ channels and nothing on...go figure. lol
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85075 Feb 3, 2013
Just read about the booms in Arizona. Lady says her son does core drilling with the Bagdad copper there. They had several booms there.Am reading earth files.com ...Interesting huh. Well, AW you have one smart dog there. LOL. Smart is as smart does.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85076 Feb 3, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
I thought I heard a boom the other night during that first couple of inches of snow. I read that it is possibly the earth stretching. This has made the second time I've heard the boom at night so I know it's not our local trash compactor/ garbage facility. It seems to come from the sky like thunder. Well, off to some research. As Always stay warm and be merry. Happiness makes life bearable whether it be from the joy our loved ones bring or the joy created from our hobbies. I think that Gardners have the best quality of life. Production comes from reaping what you sow and digging up and starting again even through the sweat because one's too tired to succumb to tears. Maybe fear. I have to go...Fine day once again to you kind Folks.
I looked that up and posted the weather site for Nope where they were saying that it was thunder snow. Actually sounds like rain thunder. Nope heard it too. I did not in my area.

I think you are right about Gardners, they take such delight in the results of their labor. My brother, one of my sisters, and a nephew have the gift. We do a big family garden every year and share in the work and the benefits that we are still enjoying in February. Fresh (frozen or canned lol) vegetables.

Have a warm and enjoyable Sunday.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85077 Feb 3, 2013
Lala, you can still go to facebook and enter that name you had since you don't do tweets. I think it is a winner. He is so adorable. This video explains why they chose him etc and it says you can go to facebook. They are truly a unique breed.

Newborn Clydesdale bound for Super Bowl stardom
Clydesdale horses have had a starring role in Super Bowl commercials for decades. This year, there's a new star of the spot: a baby Clydesdale born Jan. 16 at Warm Springs Ranch in Boonville, Missouri. And consumers get to pick a name.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/newbor...

Fleetwood Mac - Landslide (Video)

I love that they chose a Fleetwood Mac song for the background music. I love and always have Fleetwood Mac. So I did my concert for today with them and had to add another one of my favorites. I love Stevie Nicks too. Have all her and FM albums/cds. So many good songs with so many memories. One of the best concerts I ever seen at Freedom Hall in Louisville in the 70's, one of the first of many there.:)

One of my favorites you hardly ever hear when they play them:

Fleetwood Mac - The Dance-1997-Silver Springs &#9829;
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
This one has more feeling and passion than the early pre Rumors album.

and I see this one for the BIRDS. lol Plus I just love that piano..

Fleetwood Mac-Christine McVie - SongBird
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Love her piano playing!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85078 Feb 3, 2013
70 metric ton meteorite hit the Sierra Mtns. was it November or April, but there were booms around those areas. I don't care for core drilling or such. It destroys the earth. With so many events earthquakes, meteors. It will be narrowed down eventually:) Now, it's time for me to get off here. Topixland has taken too much of my time. So, a final good evening...

#85079 Feb 3, 2013
Yes, I heard it. As usual, I was sitting here in complete silence when it started. A low rumble from far off that gradually increased. I knew right away that it was thunder. I was awed.

How our Earth and the seasons are changing.. Only someone who's reached an "older" age can relate to these events. The younger generation doesn't have anything via the past to really compare it to, through no fault of their own. We remember weather from many, many, years ago, and THESE weather patterns are not normal by any stretch of the imagination..

#85080 Feb 3, 2013
I'm going to log off for a while. I'm literally exhausted. More so than from just not sleeping. Maybe I've not been getting enough rest, but geesh. This is silly how tired I feel today.

(And just in case no one has told any of you today, I appreciate you!! All of you. You each bring your own special quality to this thread and I thank you for that).

I'll be back later, taters!

_-_Nope_-_
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85081 Feb 3, 2013
For Hempburn,

Puppy Bowl: Puppy Bowl IX: Starting Lineup

Check out some of the fiercest competitors to hit the Puppy Bowl IX gridiron.
http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/puppy-...

I like Fitz, but I prefer the Boss to Bon Jovi, lol
Wonder where the rest of them are..
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#85082 Feb 3, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
So you get dog bugger snot when it's on it's way out, and doggy skids when it's closing the door! How sweet is that?? Too cool! You should video it!
:)
It is a metal 6 panel door with no storm door, so he only has to open and close the one. PLus it cleans easily and you would think I would clean it more than once every 2 or 3 months. LOL
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85083 Feb 3, 2013
On this Super Bowl Sunday 70 years ago..

Real heroes: four died so others might live

Four military chaplains were on board the World War II military transport ship S.S. Dorchester when it was sunk by a German torpedo on February 3, 1943. As the ship was going down, the men gave their life jackets to young soldiers who had none.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/03/opinion/greene-...

It is just not right that those playing today wearing helmets make the money they do compared to those with helmets that defend our country. A shame, isn't it.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85084 Feb 3, 2013
Another walk back in history in case you guys missed it. A great 27 picture slide show of 100 years of history. The stories it could tell if those walls could talk.:)

Grand Central Terminal turns 100: A look back at the iconic station through the years

One of New York City's greatest landmarks is reaching a milestone! Grand Central Terminal is turning 100, and to celebrate the Daily News is digging into its archives to take a look back at the iconic station through the years. From its famous architecture to its bustling concourses, see how Grand Central has transformed into one of the busiest train stations in the world ...

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/grand-cen...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85085 Feb 3, 2013
Going to go cook dinner and get a few things done. I will stop back in later and see if anyone is on.

@ "Nope" kind words. Back at ya.:) Hope you get some rest.

Hope you all have a good evening.
Pied Piper

United States

#85086 Feb 3, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> ? Did you ever try a dose of forgiveness and kindness? Well, humanity comes in many different forms. Sometimes reading between the lines help. There is a lot to care about and learn in this word...so get over your hurt feelings. Please quit disrespecting the ones who have left this realm. You never know somebody until you've walked a life time in their shoes. Until yogurt titled improves I refuse stoop to your level. Good day!!!
How about getting over yourself! What has WKG ever done to you? How was she disrespecting Una? He is the one who disrespected himself.He was rude to her, how about walking a mile in her shoes! Now......Good day to you
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#85087 Feb 3, 2013
@Abeliever I dont want to look at Grand Central. It might show those homeless people and run-away kids laying in the doorways and over exhaust vents trying to stay warm, people digging in trash trying to find something to eat, and of course the hookers.. some even with a small children tagging along behind them. All that next door to the Grand Hyatt with rooms starting at $200 a night. But I bet they are not showing all that "History".

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#85088 Feb 3, 2013
I agree totally.People who protects our country should definitely get paid more then someone playing a silly game.Now Teddy could do all.I would fart on our enemies at war and opponents in games.hehehe.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#85089 Feb 3, 2013
I thought I lost a chicken today, but after counting heads several times they are all there. It is difficult counting moving targets chasing for goodies to eat. Almost like counting heads in Grand Central. They pay no attention to my "Stand still please". LOL
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#85090 Feb 3, 2013
good evening everyone.
if this post twice, sorry, topix being fickle again.
went to my moms for Sunday dinner and i am full to the brim on her fried chicken and sweet potato pie. she doesn't make it very often any more due to the fact that my step-dad and she are getting up there in years an they are trying to lay off the fried foods to preserve their health.
my original plan today was a pork tenderloin i had started in my baby crock before we left for church but when i heard she was frying bird, putting that roast in the fridge to be heated back up tomorrow, was a no brain er! oh well, if it dries out too much i will just throw some sweet baby rays on it (what i would have done with the left overs any way) and have some homemade pulled pork bbq.
if there are two things i will never pass up from my moms kitchen, its her fried chicken and her peanut butter fudge. no one else even comes close when it comes to her fudge making skills.
think i may take a nap in hopes that i wont feel so much like the blueberry girl from charlie and the chocolate factory.
the roads are horrible here, in town is good and salted but they don't do much for us country folk. the brine is helping a little. thankfully we only have a long drive way to contend with till me and hubby hit the parkway so we haven't had many problems getting around but my moms road was definitely still slick in spots. she has just learned the hard way over the years to keep stocked in all the basics during the winter and avoid going out all together. but a few slick spots didn't stopped us kids from having an in-prom-to family get together once word got out she was frying...lol
took Joe poodle with us.... he likes to watch my step dad as he stacks and re-stacks the wood on the front porch... what he was doing, not surprisingly, when we arrived.as usual he had the truck radio blaring loud enough that the people in the yuppy neighborhood that they built right behind their house could hear it clearly, singing off-key to charlie Daniels and stacking away. i asked hubby to help him and went to go see how things were going in the kitchen and me and my mom got a good laugh when ten minutes later hubby came in and said my step dad sent him in because he was talking too much and he couldn't hear the radio. good times...lol

uneasy rider

it will be stuck in my head for days.....

think i will take that nap now

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#85091 Feb 3, 2013
Who do you suppose that is posing as Una. It's his avatar,but not his language.
I am frustrated today, trying to fix my e-mail, and nobody (folks from my antivirus company, my ISP, or mail.com ) takes ownership of the glitch. I will have to forgo sending out e-mails until my computer savvy son-in-law rescues me. You can still send me e-mails and I can open them, but don't expect a response anytime soon. Grrrrr......

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 20 min Fact 1,339
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 21 min spaceship 130,501
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 31 min Le Jimbo 151,160
Johnnie Mcgegor at csc 45 min Brenda 10
Roger Vanover trying to buy perscription medici... (May '12) 46 min Girl 40
Kevin Disney Central Elementary School 1 hr Parent 3
New club in Barbourville? 3 hr Tyler 45
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••