Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,575)

Showing posts 71,481 - 71,500 of81,544
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Oh, No.
What is going on? I've been away the past day or two, had a couple of doctor appointments, and I am hoping, from what I scanned earlier is not the bad fortune that I think. I'm not trying to be nosy, I am just very concerned.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

HilLogic wrote:
<quoted text>I think the stalker is still watching.
Thank you HL. Point taken and I agree with you 110%. I feel an "eyeball that isn't mine" peering at me from somewhere deep within the inner bowels of Topixland.. ROFLMBO!!

NOW, to find that darn link.....

By the way, this coffee is yummo.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Oglala wrote:
Oh, No.
What is going on? I've been away the past day or two, had a couple of doctor appointments, and I am hoping, from what I scanned earlier is not the bad fortune that I think. I'm not trying to be nosy, I am just very concerned.
Hi lala, check your email.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

For lala, follow up on the little Clydesdale. I love that Budwieser commercial for the super bowl. You will like this it. It will lift you up.:)
((HUGS))

Newborn Clydesdale bound for Super Bowl stardom
Clydesdale horses have had a starring role in Super Bowl commercials for decades. This year, there's a new star of the spot: a baby Clydesdale born Jan. 16 at Warm Springs Ranch in Boonville, Missouri. And consumers get to pick a name.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/newbor...

I wonder what they will name him. I think you had the best name. He is just adorable and the film is outstanding. Horses are so special. Reminds me of that movie War Horse and the love between Man and Horses. I know you will enjoy this.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I found that article about web cam spying and the virus that can hack your system that we all were speaking of the other night.
BUT NOW I CAN'T FIND WHERE I BOOKMARKED IT ON MY PC!!
I'm loosing what's left of my marbles. And I had less than half a pocket full left to begin with.
:)
If you can't find it I might still have it in my notes that I warned my family with attaching the website. Along with the one from the FBI to disable Java to prevent virus.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

For Hempburn:

(CNN)-- A visit to the whirlpool tub cool-down zone signals the endgame for Sunday's Super Bowl competitors. But for the furry beasts of the annual Puppy Bowl, a jump in the water pit means the competition for cuteness has only just begun.

Prime time is playtime for the scamps who have provided alternative programming to America's biggest sports viewing experience for nine years. According to Animal Planet, the 12-hour Puppy Bowl marathon drew 8.7 million viewers last year.

The broadcast's overload of adorable has included "cheerleaders" of various species; hamsters "flying" in the blimp over the Puppy Bowl stadium; Meep the bird, who, naturally, tweets from the sidelines (he got 21,000 followers on Twitter during last year's Puppy Bowl); and even a hairless Chinese Crested "streaker" puppy.

You can thank executive producer Melinda Toporoff, who joined Animal Planet in 2001, for upping the cute factor with many of the above innovations.

"There's some sort of inherent, unspoken joy in seeing these little fluffy things being who they are," Toporoff said. "Looking into a puppy's face ... there's something mesmerizing and calming. It just sort of soothes the soul."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/31/living/puppy-bo...

They are too cute.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Those we have lost this year...

Ed Koch, the brash former New York mayor, died February 1 of congestive heart failure at 88, his spokesman said.

Patty Andrews, center, the last surviving member of the Andrews Sisters, died at her Northridge, California, home on January 30, her publicist Alan Eichler said. She was 94. Patty is seen in this 1948 photograph with her sisters Maxene, left, and Laverne.

Baseball Hall of Famer and St. Louis Cardinals great Stan Musial died on January 19, according to his former team. He was 92.

Baseball Hall of Fame manager Earl Sidney Weaver, who led the Baltimore Orioles to four pennants and a World Series title with a pugnacity toward umpires, died January 19 of an apparent heart attack at age 82, Major League Baseball said.

Pauline Phillips, better known to millions of newspaper readers as the original Dear Abby advice columnist, has died after a long battle with Alzheimer's Disease. She died January 16 in Minneapolis, Minnesota, at age 94.

Aaron Swartz, the Internet activist who co-wrote the initial specification for RSS, committed suicide, a relative told CNN on January 12. He was 26. Swartz also co-founded Demand Progress, a political action group that campaigns against Internet censorship.

Claude Nobs, the founder of the Montreux Jazz Festival, died aged 76 following a skiing accident.

Richard Ben Cramer, the Pulitzer Prize-winning writer whose 1992 book "What It Takes" remains one of the most detailed and passionate of all presidential campaign chronicles, died January 7, according to his longtime agent. He was 62.

Director and stuntman David R. Ellis died on January 7. He directed "Snakes on a Plane."

Tony Lip, who played mob figures in the hit cable show "The Sopranos" and several critically acclaimed movies, died January 4, a funeral home official said. Lip, whose real name was Frank Vallelonga, was 82.

Character actor Ned Wertimer, known to fans of "The Jeffersons" as the doorman Ralph Hart, died on January 2. He was 89.

Pop-country singer Patti Page died on January 1 in Encinitas, California. She was 85. Born Clara Ann Fowler, Page was the best-selling female artist of the 1950s and had 19 gold and 14 platinum singles.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/19/world/gallery/p...

and our brother in the eyes of GOD.

33 days into the New Year.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Life is short and every day is a gift!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

@ AW and Abeliever I read your e-mails, but I was not able to answer them. I kept getting error messages when I tried to send the e-mails. Thank you very much for keeping me in the loop. Catch you later when my computer glitches are fixed. Paula
HilLogic

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> I know the message was for Nope. I agree, Thanks.
You're welcome,'Misty eyed'; it just seems like the right thing.
HilLogic

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you HL. Point taken and I agree with you 110%. I feel an "eyeball that isn't mine" peering at me from somewhere deep within the inner bowels of Topixland.. ROFLMBO!!
NOW, to find that darn link.....
By the way, this coffee is yummo.
I am relieved everyone agrees on the aforementioned subject.
I don't have a built-in webcam; mine is portable. I have always unplugged mine after use. I am always cautious in everything I do online. Never give out too much personal information; prevent tracking cookies; erase history after each log out, etc. I realize some of you are personal friends, but I think sometimes some of you divulge more information about yourselves than is safe. I like the down-home quality of this thread, but we should keep in mind that we are still on the www and anyone can read what we say from any place in the world. I think the very thing that makes this thread so popular is also the one that makes it most vulnerable. I have been concerned about this since the ominous posts, and most especially for the one they were directed toward. I don't mean to sound like an alarmist, but I just ask everyone to please exercise caution and stay safe.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

I agree with everything you just said, HL. Great post!!

I feel that I'm as safe here as I can possibly be, considering the "www" of it all. No one knows exactly where I am, exactly where I live, and they couldn't "trace" me even if they tried.. I've been careful enough in that aspect.

I even had the foresight to cover that web cam lens, gosh, maybe a year or so ago now? It just gave me the creeps for some reason.

Intuition is our best friend. We all have an inner voice and we need to learn how to listen to it.

The rest of me as far as my likes and dislikes is an open book. I've never even said if I was Eskimo, Caucasian, Asian, animal, vegetable or mineral, hehe. No one that I know personally in real life even knows that I get on here, LOL! I'm pretty strange that way...

Even my FaceBook account is very vague. The required email address for sign up is and was nothing more than my 'spam catcher'. Also, the "friends" I have are never random. I either KNOW them, or they don't get the okay to view my stats, etc.. As for those games on FB? An utter nuisance in my opinion. I don't even click "likes" on those viral photo's.

As for Topix, I'm nothing more than an "eyeball", living out in the middle of nowhere with more critters than I know what to do with sometimes, hehe!
ROFLMBO!!
HilLogic

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

That's all good to hear,'Nope'; you and I share a lot in common in the caution department.
I enjoy reading your posts about you, your critters and your daily events. I don't have as much time to post, or even thoroughly read all the posts as most of you do, but I enjoy the time I can spend communicating with all of you.
I think I'll turn in now, it's been a long day. It was good talking with you. I hope you sleep well. Goodnight.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

I've got a lot on my mind tonight. Most of it dealing with today's events. How strange life can be.....

You sleep well. I myself just looked at the PC clock after my last post to you and I gasped aloud. I thought it was around 10:00 or so. To look and see that it was 1:00 a.m. just floored me. I still don't know where today went.

Hopefully I feel like going to lay down soon. You rest well and hopefully we can all chat again tomorrow. It's nice talking to you as well.

Goodnight!!
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

I woke up to stoke my fire and to have my cup of java regardless. I don't have a problem with disabling Java, old Arthur does that quite often.

I don't have a web cam, there is nothing here worth looking at... nothing to hide... nothing to fear... "IF GOD BE FOR US, WHO CAN BE AGAINST US"? That is a statement I have read and heard many times but I like to interpret it as "IF GOD BE FOR US, WHY DOES ANYTHING ELSE MATTER"?

One final point.. Ugly GURL was not spelled with an "I" and I doubt seriously that a VW Microbus has lasted since the Hippies painted them with flowers back in the 60s and took them to anti-Vietnam rallies.... except in an old man's memory, vivid imagination, and a junkyard.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

'Mornin AW. I'm still up too, but I'm heading that way right now. Just caught your post as I was about to log off. Get some rest if you're able. It's been a very strange day and I'm achy too.. This pain in my darned back is about to tip me sideways. Leaning seems to help somewhat, but you can only lean so far.

Spring will hopefully be here before we know it. I need to get outside more than I have been. I think that's the ticket..

Goodnight.

_-_Nope_-_
*Poof*
HilLogic

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

I went to bed and couldn't sleep. You are absolutely right, AW; I guess we all need to be reminded from time to time that God is still the One in control of all things. That thought alone brings a lot of peace. Whatsoever time I am afraid I will trust in Him. He will keep me in perfect peace as long as my mind is stayed on Him. Thanks, AW; sleep well, Friend!
bud

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

hundreds of birds die, you all don,t care.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I woke up to stoke my fire and to have my cup of java regardless. I don't have a problem with disabling Java, old Arthur does that quite often.
I don't have a web cam, there is nothing here worth looking at... nothing to hide... nothing to fear... "IF GOD BE FOR US, WHO CAN BE AGAINST US"? That is a statement I have read and heard many times but I like to interpret it as "IF GOD BE FOR US, WHY DOES ANYTHING ELSE MATTER"?
One final point.. Ugly GURL was not spelled with an "I" and I doubt seriously that a VW Microbus has lasted since the Hippies painted them with flowers back in the 60s and took them to anti-Vietnam rallies.... except in an old man's memory, vivid imagination, and a junkyard.
i kinda chuckled when i read this and thought to myself...
you are quite possibly the eldest threader here, and im pretty sure i may be the youngest poster who frequents. your elder opinion on things we should bother to fear in this life and what things are important in general.
my younger generational stupidity on everything.... they both lead to the same outcome..... if big brother wants me... they can come on and bring it :)
i dont know... just an observation i guess. maybe just funny cause its 3 am but funny to me.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

HilLogic wrote:
I went to bed and couldn't sleep. You are absolutely right, AW; I guess we all need to be reminded from time to time that God is still the One in control of all things. That thought alone brings a lot of peace. Whatsoever time I am afraid I will trust in Him. He will keep me in perfect peace as long as my mind is stayed on Him. Thanks, AW; sleep well, Friend!
Thanks but I already did sleep well lol. I banged my head on the keyboard several hours ago and just got back up. I will most likely go again after a few games of spider solitaire to make my head bounce on the keyboard again. Good night/morning to you too, and GOD BLESS and keep you and yours.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 71,481 - 71,500 of81,544
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

73 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 45 min Hatti_Hollerand 3,737
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 47 min The_Box 127,868
shelia brown (May '12) 1 hr Wow 11
trail camera 1 hr stephanie 14
free phones for anybody that gets food stamps o... 1 hr dipchit 3
New mayor and City council raise waterpark ... 1 hr thunker 17
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 hr RepubliTRASH 144,688
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 7 hr FarePrey 372
KC Basketball Coach 22 hr breaking news 49
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search