Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,571)

Showing posts 71,401 - 71,420 of81,266
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Abeliever wrote:
For Saragon and serious fishermen/women out there everywhere. I will stick with the lakes and ponds myself. hahaha
Vengeful marlin catches a boatload of fishermen
If you think fishing's boring, take a look at this series of snaps taken the moment a giant marlin takes revenge on every big game fisherman who has ever cast a line and sinks this pristine boat off the coast of Panama. How did it go so wrong? One report explains that the captain was reversing full throttle to chase down the fighting mega-fish when he fell and lost control. Marlin Magazine reports that the awesome creature escaped and all passengers were rescued, but the poor boat sank into oblivion. Facebook fishing enthusiasts are mystified, asking, "Why didn't they cut the line?" But as Marlin Magazine simply puts it, "Marlin Wins!" [Source]
http://now.msn.com/marlin-sinks-fishing-boat-...
Isn't that incredible. Picture is reminiscent of "The Old Man and the Sea."
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

for dinner wrote:
<quoted text>
I like that name. What will you be fixing for later?
I have BBQ boneless country ribs on low in the crockpot so they will just fall apart this evening, stuffed baked potatoes (remove the potatoe, mashed with green onion, bacon bits and placed back in the potato skin topped with sour cream, corn on the cob (from family garden), french bread warm with real butter and later for desert, cast iron skillet pineapple upside down cake (posted the recipe when we were talking cast iron skillets). Sounds good huh? I love to cook and bake. This is a special dinner from someone who help hold me up when my world was coming down last year (lots of deaths, family/friends) that I haven't seen in a while. Lives out of town. Then off to my sisters big house around 8 to watch the Wildcats @ 9:00 seeking revenge on Texas A&M. lol

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Good morning,folks. That cold, Canadian air blast can go back where it came from,as far as I'm concerned. I've been trying to catch up on all your posts. Looks like we have new posters, along with old friends that have stopped by aqain. Great! The more posters, the more points of view. The more points of view, the more interesting the conversation.
I've been keeping up with the news.@Ab, that news site you recommended is great. www.Enews.com . There's updates on the Bayou Corne sinkhole. We are now getting tons of debris (radiated) from Japan, as a result of that tsunami two years ago. Japan is burning tons of refuse from that disaster, which isn't good for the world, because the particulate matter from that tsunami and the damaged Fukashima nuclear plant is going up into the atmosphere. And we worry here about second hand smoke! LOL
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice. I saw a "G" a "D' an "E", "E minor" and a Long "A" chord and it makes me wish old Arthur had not taken my fingers away.
I have a nephew who plays guitar. Even cut a cd. He has sparked my son's interest. He is teaching him how to play on a guitar he bought at his friend's pawn shop. I just want to play piano.:)
WKG

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

marijuana wrote:
<quoted text>
it's about time to decriminalize perhaps nature's best medicine. Interesting history involving Harry J. Anslinger and William Randolph Hearst back in 1930 in which they utilized the problem/reactin/solution paradigm to gain control and reap huge profits for the federal government and the pharmaceutical industry.
http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/why-is-ma...
Thanks for the article. I agree, time to legalize it. I have always seen it like this - you can smoke cigarettes and get (and give) cancer if you wish, you can drink alcohol to get drunk and kill somebody - but you can't smoke marijuana??? Does not make sense, purely political between the government and big drug companies - all about MONEY.
I was surprised that Mitch McConnell approves of legalizing hemp farming,(which I think/hope will lead to legalized marijuana). I have had dealings with him and thought he was too "straight laced" to agree to hemp. Legalizing for its medical use is my main thing but also look at all the money and time wasted chasing down growers and users. Also it would make room in the jails and prisons for real criminals. And I had rather use a God given herb to treat an ailment that some drug company concoction!
Open

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
SO true. If anything happened to our major highways and truckers, not to mention our railway systems, all supplies would be cut off. No food, no medicines, no way for help to reach people who are in dire need. That's one of the many ways that terrorists would attack us, if they have a mind to shut us down. Can you imagine having to depend on air drops for food, etc? Many would starve because they don't know how to survive on minimal wares.
Maybe I should say WHEN these terrorists have the mind to attack us. It's imminent, I'm afraid. We already have so many who despise the USA and her values. We hear it every day on the news. Much of it, we never hear of and probably never will due to national security. There are hoards of dissidents who are more than willing to sacrifice their own lives trying to break us down and watch the USA fall.. It's happening in other countries. I'm afraid that it's only a matter of time before we're hit again like 9/11.
Even though WE learned a lot from that attack, so have the terrorists..
Our truckers are an integral part of survival! Anyone who doesn't fully appreciate what they do, simply hasn't thought things through. Without them, we'd be in dire straits. Without a highway system for them to travel, we'd have no truckers able to get through to us.
there are no such thing as Arab terrorists here in America. That is a contrived 'boogeyman' to instill fear in the American people so that they can enact draconian laws in which we are forced to give up our freedoms for security (Patriot Act, NDAA, recent gun control legislation, and more to come). Be wary of any more bombings or mass shootings which will be blamed on Arab terrorists or lone gunmen, these will likely be false flag black operations being done intentionally to advance the agenda of the NWO police state. With the technological sophistication of the surveillance systems of the federal police state, how do you think it's possible for terrrorists to escape detection if they even existed here? Every one of us has likely been monitored at some point to assess our habits, lifestyle, and psychological profile because according to the government, any American citizen is potentially a terrorist threat to them.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

owl wrote:
<quoted text>
the reason for the prohibition of marijuana was also for profit for Big Pharma and Big Brother.
Very Likely to be the case, but I am too independent minded (stubborn) to worry about Big Pharma or Big Brother and inane rules. If I wanted to grow and smoke a little weed and thought it would benefit me, I would not ask Dad for the car keys. But so far, I don't see any personal benefit but if I ever do, you can bet that I will do just that.

My heritage includes hemp growers, moonshiners, and raising fighting chickens and I don't even buy a fishing, hunting, or dog license anymore. I believe in "LIVE AND LET LIVE".
Japan 311

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
Good morning,folks. That cold, Canadian air blast can go back where it came from,as far as I'm concerned. I've been trying to catch up on all your posts. Looks like we have new posters, along with old friends that have stopped by aqain. Great! The more posters, the more points of view. The more points of view, the more interesting the conversation.
I've been keeping up with the news.@Ab, that news site you recommended is great. www.Enews.com . There's updates on the Bayou Corne sinkhole. We are now getting tons of debris (radiated) from Japan, as a result of that tsunami two years ago. Japan is burning tons of refuse from that disaster, which isn't good for the world, because the particulate matter from that tsunami and the damaged Fukashima nuclear plant is going up into the atmosphere. And we worry here about second hand smoke! LOL
we are not being told the true extent of the radiation leak from the nuclear fallout from the Fukishima disaster because at this point there is not much we can do about it except to all go to our underground bunkers for the next ten years. The particulate matter from the burning is not all the worrisome because most it falls to the ground with the rainfall and the C02 will be absorbed by plants.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a nephew who plays guitar. Even cut a cd. He has sparked my son's interest. He is teaching him how to play on a guitar he bought at his friend's pawn shop. I just want to play piano.:)
Piano is more difficult than guitar and requires lots of practice, but Ol' Arthur just does not care much for music.
fast car

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
I have BBQ boneless country ribs on low in the crockpot so they will just fall apart this evening, stuffed baked potatoes (remove the potatoe, mashed with green onion, bacon bits and placed back in the potato skin topped with sour cream, corn on the cob (from family garden), french bread warm with real butter and later for desert, cast iron skillet pineapple upside down cake (posted the recipe when we were talking cast iron skillets). Sounds good huh? I love to cook and bake. This is a special dinner from someone who help hold me up when my world was coming down last year (lots of deaths, family/friends) that I haven't seen in a while. Lives out of town. Then off to my sisters big house around 8 to watch the Wildcats @ 9:00 seeking revenge on Texas A&M. lol
with the snow, there is no way I could get there on time, maybe for breakfast yes.
bird clouds

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Abeliever wrote:
BIRD story:
Birds' synchronized flight dazzles
It looks like a dark cloud, but it's starling birds synchronizing their flight to help them find food.
http://www.cnn.com/video/...
I have never seen them gather like that. It is kinda freaky.
I actually see this frequently in the Winchester area though not quite with the same undulating motion as in the video
Abelieve

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

gay n augusta wrote:
Having lived in ca for awhile usually prior to earthquakes u would see this alot but sulfer gases in the air also can cause this. Any recent mining problems in the area recently. Just a thought.
I had allot of sites dealing with earthquakes and it was my area when trying to determine what killed the birds. Your question got me searching since there is a lot of that going on in the Madrid Fault area. I didn't know we were having another "shake out" day in 5 days until you asked that but will look on FEMA and check out my other sources as well as EMS personnel I know. Meanwhile I found this:

Mountaintop-removal mines in Appalachia are estimated to produce just 5 to 10 percent of total U.S. coal production, and generate less than 4 percent of our electricity—an amount that could be eliminated from the energy supply with small gains in energy efficiency and conservation. This highly destructive form of surface mining is disfiguring an entire region, the coalfield areas of West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Virginia, because of one reason: profit.
A risk assessment report commissioned by the federal EPA concluded that “current management of coal combustion waste in landfills and surface impoundments results in significant risk to human health and the environment.”
http://www.plunderingappalachia.org/theissue....

These pictures make me sick. Kentucky is a beautiful state and the Appalachia region holds much history. Sad it is the poorest region. Coal companies are nice and rich though.

This is very accurate and coincides with the map I check everyday, here is today's activity so far.

Saturday, 02th February 2013
Magnitude: 2.8
Georgia

Oklahoma
Magnitude: 2.8

Japan
Magnitude: 6.9
http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/
Do global and then North America Quite scary when they are all blinking and it is refreshed every 60 seconds.
Abelieve

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Did you know we were scheduled for another "Shake Out" in five days?

More than two million people are expected to participate in the

third annual Great Central U.S. ShakeOut Thu. February 7, 2013.
shakeout.org/centralus/

Fracking (fracturing rock) forces water and chemicals underground to loosen natural gas and oil for extraction. Earthquakes seem to occur along with this process.

*(map show Mo/Ark fracking activity and yep, earthquakes in the last few days in both places, Texas (yesterday) too)

http://www.showme.net/~fkeller/quake/

Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lotta Shakin' Going On (1957)
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
(he can play piano)
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever... You lost your "R" lol
Abelieve

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Not a site I frequent, but some do, Belie? I find some interesting things there with local channels or newspaper listed on subjects such as this:

Monster Sinkholes An Indication That Major Earth Changes Are Coming Along The New Madrid Fault?
December 3, 2012
The most powerful earthquakes in the history of the United States happened along the New Madrid Fault in 1811 and 1812. Those earthquakes were reportedly felt more than 1,000 miles away. Scientists assure us that one day we will once again see very powerful earthquakes along the New Madrid fault. It is only a question of when it will happen. Today, the New Madrid fault zone covers portions of Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee and Mississippi. However, a major earthquake of magnitude-8.0 or greater would likely have a dramatic effect all the way from the Great Lakes all the way down to the Gulf of Mexico. When most Americans speak of the “big one”, they think of what may happen along the coast of California someday, but the truth is that a New Madrid earthquake could potentially do far more damage. So is there evidence that the New Madrid fault zone is waking up? Yes, there is. According toBloomberg, there has been “a sixfold increase in the number of earthquakes that have shaken the central part of the U.S. from 2000 to 2011&#8243;. Much of that increase is being blamed on human activity such as mining, drilling and fracking. So could human activity aggravate the fault zone so much that it could set off a truly history-making earthquake at some point? Well, the potential is certainly there. That is why so many people are so concerned about the monster sinkholes that have appeared in the region in recent months. For example, a massive sinkhole down in Louisiana is now over 8 acres in size and it has forced hundreds of people to flee from their homes. You can see video of the Louisiana sinkhole right here. Over in Ohio, a giant sinkhole has suddenly formed that is more than 30 feet deep and that is the size of four football fields. That sinkhole caused part of State Route 516 to collapse and authorities say that it will likely be closed for many months. You can see video of the gigantic sinkhole in Ohio right here. Are these monster sinkholes an indication that major earth changes are coming along the New Madrid fault? Has reckless human activity awoken a sleeping giant that we should never have messed with?
http://www.infowars.com/monster-sinkholes-an-...

lala, Nope, those sinkholes worry me. They are not a good sign. Haven't heard anything close to my area, althought we are full of caves in this corner or northern Ky. Not like Bowling Green/Cave City but lots of them, some people don't even know about. Knox does though.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

I saw on the TV the other day that Cocaine was once a main item prescribed by doctors and that Franklin Roosevelt was given some to help reduce the swelling and pain in his sinus cavities during the night prior to his Dec. 8, 1941 address to Congress. Interesting.
Abelieve

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
I agree lala. You are right about the second hand smoke. Wish that was all we needed to be concerned about. We may not be able to prevent events that are destined to be, but we can sure be aware of them and try to be prepared the best we can. Thanks to the tragedy of the birds two years ago we became aware while making friends in the long run. Trying to always look for good out of tragedies, it's always there somewhere.

I am going to go check all those saved sites and FEMA to read up on this "Shake Out".

CAROLE KING (Live)- I Feel The Earth Move
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

I love Carole King and that piano!:)
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Abeliever... You lost your "R" lol
haha, thanks AW. I have lost more than that. lol
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

bird clouds wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually see this frequently in the Winchester area though not quite with the same undulating motion as in the video
I have seen up to four planes in this area. I have recorded it and once I sent the email group some pictures I took from my front porch. I think Betty has seen them as well south of Knox. There is no denying they are not planes leaving the two airports nearby..like I said they are usually going one way only and their CONrail trail evaporates quickly. Like you said, people get in denial. All they need to do is look up every time they walk out the door, if not to praise God for another day, then to see how the sky changes within hours when they are crisscrossing the skies with their patterns. I know what I see. Just don't know why. Maybe I don't want to know. Could be why so many people in the area have so many bronchial, sinus, upper respiratory problems, including myself, who knows.

Although I will say retiring and getting out of old moldy gov't buildings and newer ones that are low maintenance maintained has improved my trips to the doctor. Just saying. That is why I was telling Betty to watch that mold. I know more than I want to know after all those years.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

@AB can you read music? If not, the notes on the lines relate to "E,G,B,D,F" (Every Good Boy Does Fine) and you can start with Middle C on the piano and follow that. The notes between the lines are "F,A,C,E" (FACE). Get some sheet music from your favorite song and practice hitting those keys for hours on end, then come back for your next 25 cent lesson from a guy that can only play 2 songs. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 71,401 - 71,420 of81,266
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

48 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 36 min Take America Back 139,205
Shawntaea Hughes (Jan '09) 1 hr Pos 56
Mayor West Stops Picking up recycling 1 hr Citizen 19
who all had vinie mills out see here with lots ... 1 hr rusty 3
mark mills form flatlick found dead in bell co 1 hr true 10
The BIG Ticket Pickard Hall Collins Smith MAY 20 2 hr Outside All-Around Info 2
How much do coal miners make? (Jun '10) 2 hr Jace mehoff 68
wreck 5 hr news 4
Did New Mayor and council have ILLEGAL Meetin... 8 hr lolz 50
•••
•••
•••
•••