Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,722

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#84924 Feb 2, 2013
Abeliever... You lost your "R" lol
Abelieve

Vine Grove, KY

#84925 Feb 2, 2013
Not a site I frequent, but some do, Belie? I find some interesting things there with local channels or newspaper listed on subjects such as this:

Monster Sinkholes An Indication That Major Earth Changes Are Coming Along The New Madrid Fault?
December 3, 2012
The most powerful earthquakes in the history of the United States happened along the New Madrid Fault in 1811 and 1812. Those earthquakes were reportedly felt more than 1,000 miles away. Scientists assure us that one day we will once again see very powerful earthquakes along the New Madrid fault. It is only a question of when it will happen. Today, the New Madrid fault zone covers portions of Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee and Mississippi. However, a major earthquake of magnitude-8.0 or greater would likely have a dramatic effect all the way from the Great Lakes all the way down to the Gulf of Mexico. When most Americans speak of the “big one”, they think of what may happen along the coast of California someday, but the truth is that a New Madrid earthquake could potentially do far more damage. So is there evidence that the New Madrid fault zone is waking up? Yes, there is. According toBloomberg, there has been “a sixfold increase in the number of earthquakes that have shaken the central part of the U.S. from 2000 to 2011″. Much of that increase is being blamed on human activity such as mining, drilling and fracking. So could human activity aggravate the fault zone so much that it could set off a truly history-making earthquake at some point? Well, the potential is certainly there. That is why so many people are so concerned about the monster sinkholes that have appeared in the region in recent months. For example, a massive sinkhole down in Louisiana is now over 8 acres in size and it has forced hundreds of people to flee from their homes. You can see video of the Louisiana sinkhole right here. Over in Ohio, a giant sinkhole has suddenly formed that is more than 30 feet deep and that is the size of four football fields. That sinkhole caused part of State Route 516 to collapse and authorities say that it will likely be closed for many months. You can see video of the gigantic sinkhole in Ohio right here. Are these monster sinkholes an indication that major earth changes are coming along the New Madrid fault? Has reckless human activity awoken a sleeping giant that we should never have messed with?
http://www.infowars.com/monster-sinkholes-an-...

lala, Nope, those sinkholes worry me. They are not a good sign. Haven't heard anything close to my area, althought we are full of caves in this corner or northern Ky. Not like Bowling Green/Cave City but lots of them, some people don't even know about. Knox does though.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#84926 Feb 2, 2013
I saw on the TV the other day that Cocaine was once a main item prescribed by doctors and that Franklin Roosevelt was given some to help reduce the swelling and pain in his sinus cavities during the night prior to his Dec. 8, 1941 address to Congress. Interesting.
Abelieve

Vine Grove, KY

#84928 Feb 2, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Good morning,folks. That cold, Canadian air blast can go back where it came from,as far as I'm concerned. I've been trying to catch up on all your posts. Looks like we have new posters, along with old friends that have stopped by aqain. Great! The more posters, the more points of view. The more points of view, the more interesting the conversation.
I've been keeping up with the news.@Ab, that news site you recommended is great. www.Enews.com . There's updates on the Bayou Corne sinkhole. We are now getting tons of debris (radiated) from Japan, as a result of that tsunami two years ago. Japan is burning tons of refuse from that disaster, which isn't good for the world, because the particulate matter from that tsunami and the damaged Fukashima nuclear plant is going up into the atmosphere. And we worry here about second hand smoke! LOL
I agree lala. You are right about the second hand smoke. Wish that was all we needed to be concerned about. We may not be able to prevent events that are destined to be, but we can sure be aware of them and try to be prepared the best we can. Thanks to the tragedy of the birds two years ago we became aware while making friends in the long run. Trying to always look for good out of tragedies, it's always there somewhere.

I am going to go check all those saved sites and FEMA to read up on this "Shake Out".

CAROLE KING (Live)- I Feel The Earth Move

I love Carole King and that piano!:)
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84929 Feb 2, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
haha, thanks AW. I have lost more than that. lol
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84930 Feb 2, 2013
bird clouds wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually see this frequently in the Winchester area though not quite with the same undulating motion as in the video
I have seen up to four planes in this area. I have recorded it and once I sent the email group some pictures I took from my front porch. I think Betty has seen them as well south of Knox. There is no denying they are not planes leaving the two airports nearby..like I said they are usually going one way only and their CONrail trail evaporates quickly. Like you said, people get in denial. All they need to do is look up every time they walk out the door, if not to praise God for another day, then to see how the sky changes within hours when they are crisscrossing the skies with their patterns. I know what I see. Just don't know why. Maybe I don't want to know. Could be why so many people in the area have so many bronchial, sinus, upper respiratory problems, including myself, who knows.

Although I will say retiring and getting out of old moldy gov't buildings and newer ones that are low maintenance maintained has improved my trips to the doctor. Just saying. That is why I was telling Betty to watch that mold. I know more than I want to know after all those years.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#84931 Feb 2, 2013
@AB can you read music? If not, the notes on the lines relate to "E,G,B,D,F" (Every Good Boy Does Fine) and you can start with Middle C on the piano and follow that. The notes between the lines are "F,A,C,E" (FACE). Get some sheet music from your favorite song and practice hitting those keys for hours on end, then come back for your next 25 cent lesson from a guy that can only play 2 songs. LOL
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84932 Feb 2, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
That's it, AW, it is the CHEMtrails....hahaha I didn't catch that, I think when I was putting in the number to post it came back with an error, I put the cursor in between the wrong number to delete and it popped up behind my name, I clicked on it again to put the correct number in and didn't see I deleted my "r". Maybe I am HIGH after all the weed talk, the fog from CHEMtrails, or just stayed up too late and got up too early for a Saturday..

I think it really is just the later. lol
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84933 Feb 2, 2013
fast car wrote:
<quoted text>
with the snow, there is no way I could get there on time, maybe for breakfast yes.
:)
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#84935 Feb 2, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that incredible. Picture is reminiscent of "The Old Man and the Sea."
Good Old Classic movie on that, I believe is starred Spencer Tracy.
Ogallala

Stanton, KY

#84936 Feb 2, 2013
Abelieve wrote:
Not a site I frequent, but some do, Belie? I find some interesting things there with local channels or newspaper listed on subjects such as this:
Monster Sinkholes An Indication That Major Earth Changes Are Coming Along The New Madrid Fault?
December 3, 2012
The most powerful earthquakes in the history of the United States happened along the New Madrid Fault in 1811 and 1812. Those earthquakes were reportedly felt more than 1,000 miles away. Scientists assure us that one day we will once again see very powerful earthquakes along the New Madrid fault. It is only a question of when it will happen. Today, the New Madrid fault zone covers portions of Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee and Mississippi. However, a major earthquake of magnitude-8.0 or greater would likely have a dramatic effect all the way from the Great Lakes all the way down to the Gulf of Mexico. When most Americans speak of the “big one”, they think of what may happen along the coast of California someday, but the truth is that a New Madrid earthquake could potentially do far more damage. So is there evidence that the New Madrid fault zone is waking up? Yes, there is. According toBloomberg, there has been “a sixfold increase in the number of earthquakes that have shaken the central part of the U.S. from 2000 to 2011&#8243;. Much of that increase is being blamed on human activity such as mining, drilling and fracking. So could human activity aggravate the fault zone so much that it could set off a truly history-making earthquake at some point? Well, the potential is certainly there. That is why so many people are so concerned about the monster sinkholes that have appeared in the region in recent months. For example, a massive sinkhole down in Louisiana is now over 8 acres in size and it has forced hundreds of people to flee from their homes. You can see video of the Louisiana sinkhole right here. Over in Ohio, a giant sinkhole has suddenly formed that is more than 30 feet deep and that is the size of four football fields. That sinkhole caused part of State Route 516 to collapse and authorities say that it will likely be closed for many months. You can see video of the gigantic sinkhole in Ohio right here. Are these monster sinkholes an indication that major earth changes are coming along the New Madrid fault? Has reckless human activity awoken a sleeping giant that we should never have messed with?
http://www.infowars.com/monster-sinkholes-an-...
lala, Nope, those sinkholes worry me. They are not a good sign. Haven't heard anything close to my area, althought we are full of caves in this corner or northern Ky. Not like Bowling Green/Cave City but lots of them, some people don't even know about. Knox does though.
it would be interesting to see the pattern of where these sinkholes are devoloping to see if there is any correlation to what is happening to the the surrounding underground aquifers, the Ogallala aquifer (the world's largest known aquifer) in particular since it has been reported to be depleted in recent years. This does not make sense to me especially in light of the rising sea levels which should be refilling the aquifers throughout the country. It is possible that there could be increased flow throughout the aquifers which is creating the sinkholes, so the depletion of the Ogallala aquifer is puzzling to me. The official explanation is that there is altered flow from the Rockies perhaps because it may have been diverted to other aquifers because of the changes in surface topography and rainfall patterns. This may directly tie in to HAARP and weather modification and why we are having such unusual weather patters, it may be for the purpose of controlling the recharge rates of certain aquifers throughout the country.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84937 Feb 2, 2013
Open wrote:
<quoted text>
With the technological sophistication of the surveillance systems of the federal police state, how do you think it's possible for terrrorists to escape detection if they even existed here? Every one of us has likely been monitored at some point to assess our habits, lifestyle, and psychological profile because according to the government, any American citizen is potentially a terrorist threat to them.
100% true. We have the most advanced technological sophistication of the surveillance systems and being "monitored" long before "The Patriot Act" made it legal.

Person of Interest (CBS new hit) isn't that far fetched. lol
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84938 Feb 2, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Piano is more difficult than guitar and requires lots of practice, but Ol' Arthur just does not care much for music.
True, but now I HAVE the time to learn it. Cross it off my bucket list. Maybe buy a seond hand one when I get good enough and pound those keys when topix is gone. haha JK I would love to play that is why I have always loved the piano players ...sax player, harmonica players...piano is the only one I want to learn to play. Before Arthur attacks me no doubt. lol

Piano Man (Elton and Billy)
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84939 Feb 2, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@AB can you read music? If not, the notes on the lines relate to "E,G,B,D,F" (Every Good Boy Does Fine) and you can start with Middle C on the piano and follow that. The notes between the lines are "F,A,C,E" (FACE). Get some sheet music from your favorite song and practice hitting those keys for hours on end, then come back for your next 25 cent lesson from a guy that can only play 2 songs. LOL
Not a clue. hahaha I will need more tham the $25 lesson. lol
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#84940 Feb 2, 2013
I think any kid that ever tried to play a guitar, knew someone such as depicted in Tom T. Hall's "I remember the Year Clayton Delaney Died". That may well be a fictional name for his song, but I feel sure that it was his nostalgic memory kicking in.

I especially like the line that states "It could be that the GOOD LORD likes a little music too".
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84941 Feb 2, 2013
Ogallala wrote:
<quoted text>
it would be interesting to see the pattern of where these sinkholes are devoloping to see if there is any correlation to what is happening to the the surrounding underground aquifers, the Ogallala aquifer (the world's largest known aquifer) in particular since it has been reported to be depleted in recent years. This does not make sense to me especially in light of the rising sea levels which should be refilling the aquifers throughout the country. It is possible that there could be increased flow throughout the aquifers which is creating the sinkholes, so the depletion of the Ogallala aquifer is puzzling to me. The official explanation is that there is altered flow from the Rockies perhaps because it may have been diverted to other aquifers because of the changes in surface topography and rainfall patterns. This may directly tie in to HAARP and weather modification and why we are having such unusual weather patters, it may be for the purpose of controlling the recharge rates of certain aquifers throughout the country.
You may be correct and those unexplained "booms" heard throughout the world could be from HAARP. As well as the extreme weather.

I am off to fix a sandwhich and glass of southern sweet tea, boost the heat, put some fuzzy socks on and warmer clothes, kick back and check out this "Shake Out".

Hope everyone has a good afternoon, be back later.
Predictive Programming

Stanton, KY

#84942 Feb 2, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
100% true. We have the most advanced technological sophistication of the surveillance systems and being "monitored" long before "The Patriot Act" made it legal.
Person of Interest (CBS new hit) isn't that far fetched. lol
"Minority Report" isn't that far-fetched either. TV and movies are basically telling us about our current reality and what to expect for the future.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84943 Feb 2, 2013
Off to research before I have to get dinner organized. Seen this and had to post, like we didn't know that. Hope summer won't be hellish. lol

Early spring? The groundhog says...

Let the spring fever commence!

Punxsutawney Phil crawled out early Saturday morning and did not see his shadow, signaling it will be an early spring.

http://animaltracks.today.com/_news/2013/02/0...
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#84944 Feb 2, 2013
I just did something I swore I would never do. Not having seen UNA on here in two days, I went to the Scottsville forum to see if he was posting. I thought maybe he could be sick or something. There are rumors on that site that he is dead.

But Roaming Insomniac just posted saying that is not true. I only went to look, not post. I suppose time will tell and I hope the rumor is not true. Roaming says he is just busy.

I hope the old cuss isn't really gone. Even the posters that I don't agree with offer entertainment, food for thought, nostalgic "look backs" and sometimes a few laughs.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#84946 Feb 2, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I just did something I swore I would never do. Not having seen UNA on here in two days, I went to the Scottsville forum to see if he was posting. I thought maybe he could be sick or something. There are rumors on that site that he is dead.
But Roaming Insomniac just posted saying that is not true. I only went to look, not post. I suppose time will tell and I hope the rumor is not true. Roaming says he is just busy.
I hope the old cuss isn't really gone. Even the posters that I don't agree with offer entertainment, food for thought, nostalgic "look backs" and sometimes a few laughs.
Haha. You are precisely correct. Most of the time he would not be unpleasant. However, I think his undertone of me using the partner financially ticked me off. I have no ill thoughts about people. Just don't quite understand them. I never did like the feeling of being used by anyone when I genuinely do what I can to help my fellow man or woman;) Wonder why someone would start a rumor like that? It has been a while ...I perused the last few pages.LOL. Nobody is perfect though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How many kindergarten teachers at Lay? 1 hr briar 15
judy basinger (Jul '09) 1 hr roaddog 74 18
who's the best lay from the creek 2 hr tinsel 7
Bastards 2 hr Dummies 1
Brett 3 hr Obvious 6
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr Known Fact 131,920
dinky phipps 4 hr Yep 4
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) 16 hr Lisa 185
To the Garland family 17 hr jack 7
Barbourville Dating