Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
71,401 - 71,420 of 81,588 Comments Last updated Wednesday
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84917
Feb 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

owl wrote:
<quoted text>
the reason for the prohibition of marijuana was also for profit for Big Pharma and Big Brother.
Very Likely to be the case, but I am too independent minded (stubborn) to worry about Big Pharma or Big Brother and inane rules. If I wanted to grow and smoke a little weed and thought it would benefit me, I would not ask Dad for the car keys. But so far, I don't see any personal benefit but if I ever do, you can bet that I will do just that.

My heritage includes hemp growers, moonshiners, and raising fighting chickens and I don't even buy a fishing, hunting, or dog license anymore. I believe in "LIVE AND LET LIVE".
Japan 311

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84918
Feb 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Oglala wrote:
Good morning,folks. That cold, Canadian air blast can go back where it came from,as far as I'm concerned. I've been trying to catch up on all your posts. Looks like we have new posters, along with old friends that have stopped by aqain. Great! The more posters, the more points of view. The more points of view, the more interesting the conversation.
I've been keeping up with the news.@Ab, that news site you recommended is great. www.Enews.com . There's updates on the Bayou Corne sinkhole. We are now getting tons of debris (radiated) from Japan, as a result of that tsunami two years ago. Japan is burning tons of refuse from that disaster, which isn't good for the world, because the particulate matter from that tsunami and the damaged Fukashima nuclear plant is going up into the atmosphere. And we worry here about second hand smoke! LOL
we are not being told the true extent of the radiation leak from the nuclear fallout from the Fukishima disaster because at this point there is not much we can do about it except to all go to our underground bunkers for the next ten years. The particulate matter from the burning is not all the worrisome because most it falls to the ground with the rainfall and the C02 will be absorbed by plants.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84919
Feb 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a nephew who plays guitar. Even cut a cd. He has sparked my son's interest. He is teaching him how to play on a guitar he bought at his friend's pawn shop. I just want to play piano.:)
Piano is more difficult than guitar and requires lots of practice, but Ol' Arthur just does not care much for music.
fast car

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84920
Feb 2, 2013
 
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
I have BBQ boneless country ribs on low in the crockpot so they will just fall apart this evening, stuffed baked potatoes (remove the potatoe, mashed with green onion, bacon bits and placed back in the potato skin topped with sour cream, corn on the cob (from family garden), french bread warm with real butter and later for desert, cast iron skillet pineapple upside down cake (posted the recipe when we were talking cast iron skillets). Sounds good huh? I love to cook and bake. This is a special dinner from someone who help hold me up when my world was coming down last year (lots of deaths, family/friends) that I haven't seen in a while. Lives out of town. Then off to my sisters big house around 8 to watch the Wildcats @ 9:00 seeking revenge on Texas A&M. lol
with the snow, there is no way I could get there on time, maybe for breakfast yes.
bird clouds

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84921
Feb 2, 2013
 
Abeliever wrote:
BIRD story:
Birds' synchronized flight dazzles
It looks like a dark cloud, but it's starling birds synchronizing their flight to help them find food.
http://www.cnn.com/video/...
I have never seen them gather like that. It is kinda freaky.
I actually see this frequently in the Winchester area though not quite with the same undulating motion as in the video
Abelieve

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84922
Feb 2, 2013
 
gay n augusta wrote:
Having lived in ca for awhile usually prior to earthquakes u would see this alot but sulfer gases in the air also can cause this. Any recent mining problems in the area recently. Just a thought.
I had allot of sites dealing with earthquakes and it was my area when trying to determine what killed the birds. Your question got me searching since there is a lot of that going on in the Madrid Fault area. I didn't know we were having another "shake out" day in 5 days until you asked that but will look on FEMA and check out my other sources as well as EMS personnel I know. Meanwhile I found this:

Mountaintop-removal mines in Appalachia are estimated to produce just 5 to 10 percent of total U.S. coal production, and generate less than 4 percent of our electricity—an amount that could be eliminated from the energy supply with small gains in energy efficiency and conservation. This highly destructive form of surface mining is disfiguring an entire region, the coalfield areas of West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Virginia, because of one reason: profit.
A risk assessment report commissioned by the federal EPA concluded that “current management of coal combustion waste in landfills and surface impoundments results in significant risk to human health and the environment.”
http://www.plunderingappalachia.org/theissue....

These pictures make me sick. Kentucky is a beautiful state and the Appalachia region holds much history. Sad it is the poorest region. Coal companies are nice and rich though.

This is very accurate and coincides with the map I check everyday, here is today's activity so far.

Saturday, 02th February 2013
Magnitude: 2.8
Georgia

Oklahoma
Magnitude: 2.8

Japan
Magnitude: 6.9
http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/
Do global and then North America Quite scary when they are all blinking and it is refreshed every 60 seconds.
Abelieve

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84923
Feb 2, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Did you know we were scheduled for another "Shake Out" in five days?

More than two million people are expected to participate in the

third annual Great Central U.S. ShakeOut Thu. February 7, 2013.
shakeout.org/centralus/

Fracking (fracturing rock) forces water and chemicals underground to loosen natural gas and oil for extraction. Earthquakes seem to occur along with this process.

*(map show Mo/Ark fracking activity and yep, earthquakes in the last few days in both places, Texas (yesterday) too)

http://www.showme.net/~fkeller/quake/

Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lotta Shakin' Going On (1957)

(he can play piano)
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84924
Feb 2, 2013
 

Judged:

3

Abeliever... You lost your "R" lol
Abelieve

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84925
Feb 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Not a site I frequent, but some do, Belie? I find some interesting things there with local channels or newspaper listed on subjects such as this:

Monster Sinkholes An Indication That Major Earth Changes Are Coming Along The New Madrid Fault?
December 3, 2012
The most powerful earthquakes in the history of the United States happened along the New Madrid Fault in 1811 and 1812. Those earthquakes were reportedly felt more than 1,000 miles away. Scientists assure us that one day we will once again see very powerful earthquakes along the New Madrid fault. It is only a question of when it will happen. Today, the New Madrid fault zone covers portions of Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee and Mississippi. However, a major earthquake of magnitude-8.0 or greater would likely have a dramatic effect all the way from the Great Lakes all the way down to the Gulf of Mexico. When most Americans speak of the “big one”, they think of what may happen along the coast of California someday, but the truth is that a New Madrid earthquake could potentially do far more damage. So is there evidence that the New Madrid fault zone is waking up? Yes, there is. According toBloomberg, there has been “a sixfold increase in the number of earthquakes that have shaken the central part of the U.S. from 2000 to 2011&#8243;. Much of that increase is being blamed on human activity such as mining, drilling and fracking. So could human activity aggravate the fault zone so much that it could set off a truly history-making earthquake at some point? Well, the potential is certainly there. That is why so many people are so concerned about the monster sinkholes that have appeared in the region in recent months. For example, a massive sinkhole down in Louisiana is now over 8 acres in size and it has forced hundreds of people to flee from their homes. You can see video of the Louisiana sinkhole right here. Over in Ohio, a giant sinkhole has suddenly formed that is more than 30 feet deep and that is the size of four football fields. That sinkhole caused part of State Route 516 to collapse and authorities say that it will likely be closed for many months. You can see video of the gigantic sinkhole in Ohio right here. Are these monster sinkholes an indication that major earth changes are coming along the New Madrid fault? Has reckless human activity awoken a sleeping giant that we should never have messed with?
http://www.infowars.com/monster-sinkholes-an-...

lala, Nope, those sinkholes worry me. They are not a good sign. Haven't heard anything close to my area, althought we are full of caves in this corner or northern Ky. Not like Bowling Green/Cave City but lots of them, some people don't even know about. Knox does though.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84926
Feb 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

I saw on the TV the other day that Cocaine was once a main item prescribed by doctors and that Franklin Roosevelt was given some to help reduce the swelling and pain in his sinus cavities during the night prior to his Dec. 8, 1941 address to Congress. Interesting.
Abelieve

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84928
Feb 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Oglala wrote:
Good morning,folks. That cold, Canadian air blast can go back where it came from,as far as I'm concerned. I've been trying to catch up on all your posts. Looks like we have new posters, along with old friends that have stopped by aqain. Great! The more posters, the more points of view. The more points of view, the more interesting the conversation.
I've been keeping up with the news.@Ab, that news site you recommended is great. www.Enews.com . There's updates on the Bayou Corne sinkhole. We are now getting tons of debris (radiated) from Japan, as a result of that tsunami two years ago. Japan is burning tons of refuse from that disaster, which isn't good for the world, because the particulate matter from that tsunami and the damaged Fukashima nuclear plant is going up into the atmosphere. And we worry here about second hand smoke! LOL
I agree lala. You are right about the second hand smoke. Wish that was all we needed to be concerned about. We may not be able to prevent events that are destined to be, but we can sure be aware of them and try to be prepared the best we can. Thanks to the tragedy of the birds two years ago we became aware while making friends in the long run. Trying to always look for good out of tragedies, it's always there somewhere.

I am going to go check all those saved sites and FEMA to read up on this "Shake Out".

CAROLE KING (Live)- I Feel The Earth Move


I love Carole King and that piano!:)
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84929
Feb 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Abeliever... You lost your "R" lol
haha, thanks AW. I have lost more than that. lol
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84930
Feb 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

bird clouds wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually see this frequently in the Winchester area though not quite with the same undulating motion as in the video
I have seen up to four planes in this area. I have recorded it and once I sent the email group some pictures I took from my front porch. I think Betty has seen them as well south of Knox. There is no denying they are not planes leaving the two airports nearby..like I said they are usually going one way only and their CONrail trail evaporates quickly. Like you said, people get in denial. All they need to do is look up every time they walk out the door, if not to praise God for another day, then to see how the sky changes within hours when they are crisscrossing the skies with their patterns. I know what I see. Just don't know why. Maybe I don't want to know. Could be why so many people in the area have so many bronchial, sinus, upper respiratory problems, including myself, who knows.

Although I will say retiring and getting out of old moldy gov't buildings and newer ones that are low maintenance maintained has improved my trips to the doctor. Just saying. That is why I was telling Betty to watch that mold. I know more than I want to know after all those years.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84931
Feb 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

@AB can you read music? If not, the notes on the lines relate to "E,G,B,D,F" (Every Good Boy Does Fine) and you can start with Middle C on the piano and follow that. The notes between the lines are "F,A,C,E" (FACE). Get some sheet music from your favorite song and practice hitting those keys for hours on end, then come back for your next 25 cent lesson from a guy that can only play 2 songs. LOL
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84932
Feb 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Abeliever... You lost your "R" lol
That's it, AW, it is the CHEMtrails....hahaha I didn't catch that, I think when I was putting in the number to post it came back with an error, I put the cursor in between the wrong number to delete and it popped up behind my name, I clicked on it again to put the correct number in and didn't see I deleted my "r". Maybe I am HIGH after all the weed talk, the fog from CHEMtrails, or just stayed up too late and got up too early for a Saturday..

I think it really is just the later. lol
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84933
Feb 2, 2013
 
fast car wrote:
<quoted text>
with the snow, there is no way I could get there on time, maybe for breakfast yes.
:)
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84935
Feb 2, 2013
 
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that incredible. Picture is reminiscent of "The Old Man and the Sea."
Good Old Classic movie on that, I believe is starred Spencer Tracy.
Ogallala

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84936
Feb 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Abelieve wrote:
Not a site I frequent, but some do, Belie? I find some interesting things there with local channels or newspaper listed on subjects such as this:
Monster Sinkholes An Indication That Major Earth Changes Are Coming Along The New Madrid Fault?
December 3, 2012
The most powerful earthquakes in the history of the United States happened along the New Madrid Fault in 1811 and 1812. Those earthquakes were reportedly felt more than 1,000 miles away. Scientists assure us that one day we will once again see very powerful earthquakes along the New Madrid fault. It is only a question of when it will happen. Today, the New Madrid fault zone covers portions of Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee and Mississippi. However, a major earthquake of magnitude-8.0 or greater would likely have a dramatic effect all the way from the Great Lakes all the way down to the Gulf of Mexico. When most Americans speak of the “big one”, they think of what may happen along the coast of California someday, but the truth is that a New Madrid earthquake could potentially do far more damage. So is there evidence that the New Madrid fault zone is waking up? Yes, there is. According toBloomberg, there has been “a sixfold increase in the number of earthquakes that have shaken the central part of the U.S. from 2000 to 2011&#8243;. Much of that increase is being blamed on human activity such as mining, drilling and fracking. So could human activity aggravate the fault zone so much that it could set off a truly history-making earthquake at some point? Well, the potential is certainly there. That is why so many people are so concerned about the monster sinkholes that have appeared in the region in recent months. For example, a massive sinkhole down in Louisiana is now over 8 acres in size and it has forced hundreds of people to flee from their homes. You can see video of the Louisiana sinkhole right here. Over in Ohio, a giant sinkhole has suddenly formed that is more than 30 feet deep and that is the size of four football fields. That sinkhole caused part of State Route 516 to collapse and authorities say that it will likely be closed for many months. You can see video of the gigantic sinkhole in Ohio right here. Are these monster sinkholes an indication that major earth changes are coming along the New Madrid fault? Has reckless human activity awoken a sleeping giant that we should never have messed with?
http://www.infowars.com/monster-sinkholes-an-...
lala, Nope, those sinkholes worry me. They are not a good sign. Haven't heard anything close to my area, althought we are full of caves in this corner or northern Ky. Not like Bowling Green/Cave City but lots of them, some people don't even know about. Knox does though.
it would be interesting to see the pattern of where these sinkholes are devoloping to see if there is any correlation to what is happening to the the surrounding underground aquifers, the Ogallala aquifer (the world's largest known aquifer) in particular since it has been reported to be depleted in recent years. This does not make sense to me especially in light of the rising sea levels which should be refilling the aquifers throughout the country. It is possible that there could be increased flow throughout the aquifers which is creating the sinkholes, so the depletion of the Ogallala aquifer is puzzling to me. The official explanation is that there is altered flow from the Rockies perhaps because it may have been diverted to other aquifers because of the changes in surface topography and rainfall patterns. This may directly tie in to HAARP and weather modification and why we are having such unusual weather patters, it may be for the purpose of controlling the recharge rates of certain aquifers throughout the country.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84937
Feb 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Open wrote:
<quoted text>
With the technological sophistication of the surveillance systems of the federal police state, how do you think it's possible for terrrorists to escape detection if they even existed here? Every one of us has likely been monitored at some point to assess our habits, lifestyle, and psychological profile because according to the government, any American citizen is potentially a terrorist threat to them.
100% true. We have the most advanced technological sophistication of the surveillance systems and being "monitored" long before "The Patriot Act" made it legal.

Person of Interest (CBS new hit) isn't that far fetched. lol
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84938
Feb 2, 2013
 
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Piano is more difficult than guitar and requires lots of practice, but Ol' Arthur just does not care much for music.
True, but now I HAVE the time to learn it. Cross it off my bucket list. Maybe buy a seond hand one when I get good enough and pound those keys when topix is gone. haha JK I would love to play that is why I have always loved the piano players ...sax player, harmonica players...piano is the only one I want to learn to play. Before Arthur attacks me no doubt. lol

Piano Man (Elton and Billy)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min LMS 150,047
D Boone Days 20 min Hey 2
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 48 min LMS 26,230
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 50 min LMS 1,032
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 53 min LMS 130,288
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 59 min LMS 16,130
Missy Lake 2 hr Question 1

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••