Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,570)

Showing posts 71,381 - 71,400 of81,553
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
other than

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Great news about your son. Glad he didn't have any problems. I wonder where Blueminer is.
It is hard to keep up with people when they change names like so many do on this thread.(Other than Sybil)
Chief Fat Feather, too cute. haha
I can always rely on you to keep up
My Yes Diet

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Misty eyed wrote:
Yes, you know I heard one time that the truth lies somewhere between fact and fiction. You'll hear a report saying something was discovered one day then find oh there are inaccuracies. For instance, I read several articles on aloe Vera gel. Seems like a doctor in 1997 said it was healthy to consume. It was safe in lab rats. Great for everything;) Here recently, that notion has been reversed. No,no,no use it on the skin only. So, what do health nuts like myself do? I think, I'll research history because I South Americans and Native Americans always used what nature provided not some synthetically created pill that causes liver failure and stomach bleeding. They were more sensible.
The best medicine is natural wholesome foods. There is a growing trend towards nutritionals and herbal supplements and away from pharmaceuticals and processed foods.
stubbornness

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Kentucky is doomed to remain 50 years behind in the times. It's been that way since I first started to notice it as a kid, and it will be that way loooong after I'm gone. This state will have a very hard time being able to catch up at this point and time. It will take generations to pull it off.
What I used to consider part of the Kentucky charm, I now see as pure stubbornness toward anything progressive..
I'm SO thankful I chose to move back here only after I no longer needed to depend on our local mindset or economy to support myself. Sad to say that out loud, but it's true...
I completely agree
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Well the little Jehovah's Witness girl and her lady friend made it "over the river and through the woods to Grandpa's house we go, the Ford Mustang knew the way, to carry it's way through the white, and drifting snow".

I offered them a shot of my DeKuyper Black Berry Brandy as a reward for braving the cold, but they just settled for a warm group hug. That sweet child gave me a pamphlet on how to deal with "When Someone You Love Dies". I said "Dear, I have already been there and done that and I just hang out waiting on my own turn and I hope it is in the Spring, but not next Spring".

All this talk about wings, I think I will go look at Wille Nelson's video of "I'LL Fly Away".
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

other than wrote:
<quoted text>
I can always rely on you to keep up
And you as well, I think I will continue to address you as my anagram name you use for me and no longer call you Sybil unless you have something else you would like me to call you (like for dinner)...haha, that did kinda sound funny huh? I had to throw that end. Earlier post. You know why I did and some people think it is desrespectful due to the storyline of Sally Field's movie.

Guess more and more people are hearing about those bunkers we talked about two years ago huh? I wonder how that poster is doing who was reading up from the beginning is doing. lol

I have been watching that map everyday with all the earthquakes, epidemics, volcano activity, extreme weather etc. When you look at the global one on certain nights it is blinking from pole to pole. Flu virus is killing allot of people. Madrid Fault is active..Missour, Ill, Ind, Tennessee, Ark earthquakes, although minor they are active. Then you have the sinkholes everywhere across the globe. Let them go into those bunkers. I don't think I would want to be hiding underground. haha At least the death numbers of birds/fish etc are minimum now. I haven't seen any mass numbers except maybe fish. Lack of oxygen is what they claim.

I went out to feed the birds, no sign of adopted cat (probably at his other family's house, haha) and the sun came out, shining bright in a clear blue sky with white fluffy clouds. Frigid cold, but it was like splashing cold water on your face, kinda refreshing. I think I cleared my morning fog. Last cup of java helped too. I hope the chemsprayers give it a rest today. They are still spraying weekly almost in this area.

Have a wonderful day, Belie
marijuana

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

WKG wrote:
McConnell joins backers of Kentucky industrial hemp bill; Rogers still opposes
http://www.courier-journal.com/article/201301...
The two most senior members of Kentucky’s federal congressional delegation have taken opposite sides in the debate over legalizing industrial hemp in Kentucky.
U.S. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell announced Thursday that he is supporting the effort to legalize the product —saying he’s been convinced of its economic potential for Kentucky’s farmers and his state’s economy.
But U.S. Rep. Hal Rogers, the 5th District Republican who chairs the House Appropriations Committee, said in a statement later in the day that he remains unconvinced that the economic potential outweighs the concerns of law enforcement.
Kentucky Senate Bill 50, pushed by state Agriculture Commissioner James Comer, would allow production of industrial hemp if the federal government reclassified the plant as separate from marijuana.
Hemp seeds produce plants with less than 1 percent THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, which has between 3 percent and 15 percent THC.
The Kentucky State Police oppose the bill, saying it would make enforcement efforts against marijuana, which looks identical to hemp, more difficult. Also opposing the bill are the Kentucky Narcotic Officers’ Association and Operation UNITE, an Eastern Kentucky drug eradication group founded by Rogers.
Besides McConnell, a Republican, the bill is backed by U.S. Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., U.S. Rep. John Yarmuth, D-3rd District, and U.S. Rep. Thomas Massie, R-4th District, all three of whom are scheduled to testify Feb. 11 before the Senate Agriculture Committee........
it's about time to decriminalize perhaps nature's best medicine. Interesting history involving Harry J. Anslinger and William Randolph Hearst back in 1930 in which they utilized the problem/reactin/solution paradigm to gain control and reap huge profits for the federal government and the pharmaceutical industry.
http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/why-is-ma...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Well the little Jehovah's Witness girl and her lady friend made it "over the river and through the woods to Grandpa's house we go, the Ford Mustang knew the way, to carry it's way through the white, and drifting snow".
I offered them a shot of my DeKuyper Black Berry Brandy as a reward for braving the cold, but they just settled for a warm group hug. That sweet child gave me a pamphlet on how to deal with "When Someone You Love Dies". I said "Dear, I have already been there and done that and I just hang out waiting on my own turn and I hope it is in the Spring, but not next Spring".
All this talk about wings, I think I will go look at Wille Nelson's video of "I'LL Fly Away".
Good morning Ancient Wolf, I totally understand with that pamphlet. Hosparus still sends mail with an invitation to grief groups etc. I hate to almost be an expert in dealing with grief. I used prayer, family and friends. Grateful for all three outlets. I agree on the "hope it's in the Spring, but not next Spring". I forgot to post my favorite song by Willie and Friends and why I bought that cd when I was posting songs the other night. Enjoy your "I'll Fly Away".

The Highwaymen - Highwayman
Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings and Kris Kristofferson perform the Jimmy Webb song "Highwayman" live. Filmed in March 1990 at Long Island's Nassau Coliseum.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
owl

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
There is already too much politics involved in deciding what is legal or illegal for the masses. If I want to grow a little hemp and roll and smoke a doobie, I don't think I should need to ask Big Brother Nancy if it is okay or not. The only reason moonshining was ever illegal is because the Government wanted the money.
Conversely, If I want to abstain it should be my choice and not because some preacher, politician, or group said I should.
You CAN teach an old dog a new trick. I was watching the History of Whiskey last night with my friend after we enjoyed our meal, and I learned where "bootlegging" terminology came from.
During Prohibition, bottles were made concave on one side and women stapped the round side to their legs to carry under their long flowing dresses. Thus "boot legging". LOL So women started it. hehehe Moonshining term came from the whiskey being made at night under the light of the moon. I guess I knew that but just never had given it much thought.
the reason for the prohibition of marijuana was also for profit for Big Pharma and Big Brother.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

BIRD story:

Birds' synchronized flight dazzles

It looks like a dark cloud, but it's starling birds synchronizing their flight to help them find food.

http://www.cnn.com/video/...

I have never seen them gather like that. It is kinda freaky.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

I meant to post this the other night when talking about guitar pickers. The best of them. Hendrix was definitly up there with Clapton, BB King, etc.

10-year-old 'Mini Hendrix' kills it on the guitar

This 10-Year-Old Goes by The Nickname "Mini Hendrix" (Video)

We've all heard of child prodigies, but this little girl makes most other prodigal kids look stupid with her guitar skills. She has earned the nickname "Mini Hendrix" and watching her shred for a few seconds will get you up to speed as to why she has that nickname.

http://www.wrif.com/mancave/2013/01/31/this-1...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

I loved these things growing up. These pictures are just way out there. I never came close to making pictures like these..They are awesome, especially the Elvis and Ali. Enjoy the slide show.

RIP Mr. Cassagnes, you amused children for hours trying to be creative. What a joy he brought to children and adults alike.

Etch A Sketch creator André Cassagnes dies at age 86

It's a sad day for doodlers everywhere. André Cassagnes, the inventor of the Etch A Sketch, has died outside Paris. He was 86. Cassagnes came up with the idea in the 1950s for what ultimately became one of the world's most well-known toys; the Etch A Sketch was first sold as a manufactured toy during the holiday season of 1960. Larry Killgallon, the president of Ohio Art Co., which first manufactured the Etch A Sketch, said Cassagnes' invention "brought joy to so many over such a long period of time." As a tribute, check out our gallery of 30 amazing images done on Etch A Sketches. We have a feeling André would be proud.[Source]

< http://now.msn.com/andr%C3%A9-cassagnes-etch-... ;
for dinner

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
And you as well, I think I will continue to address you as my anagram name you use for me and no longer call you Sybil unless you have something else you would like me to call you (like for dinner)...haha, that did kinda sound funny huh? I had to throw that end. Earlier post. You know why I did and some people think it is desrespectful due to the storyline of Sally Field's movie.
Guess more and more people are hearing about those bunkers we talked about two years ago huh? I wonder how that poster is doing who was reading up from the beginning is doing. lol
I have been watching that map everyday with all the earthquakes, epidemics, volcano activity, extreme weather etc. When you look at the global one on certain nights it is blinking from pole to pole. Flu virus is killing allot of people. Madrid Fault is active..Missour, Ill, Ind, Tennessee, Ark earthquakes, although minor they are active. Then you have the sinkholes everywhere across the globe. Let them go into those bunkers. I don't think I would want to be hiding underground. haha At least the death numbers of birds/fish etc are minimum now. I haven't seen any mass numbers except maybe fish. Lack of oxygen is what they claim.
I went out to feed the birds, no sign of adopted cat (probably at his other family's house, haha) and the sun came out, shining bright in a clear blue sky with white fluffy clouds. Frigid cold, but it was like splashing cold water on your face, kinda refreshing. I think I cleared my morning fog. Last cup of java helped too. I hope the chemsprayers give it a rest today. They are still spraying weekly almost in this area.
Have a wonderful day, Belie
I like that name. What will you be fixing for later?
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

For Saragon and serious fishermen/women out there everywhere. I will stick with the lakes and ponds myself. hahaha

Vengeful marlin catches a boatload of fishermen

If you think fishing's boring, take a look at this series of snaps taken the moment a giant marlin takes revenge on every big game fisherman who has ever cast a line and sinks this pristine boat off the coast of Panama. How did it go so wrong? One report explains that the captain was reversing full throttle to chase down the fighting mega-fish when he fell and lost control. Marlin Magazine reports that the awesome creature escaped and all passengers were rescued, but the poor boat sank into oblivion. Facebook fishing enthusiasts are mystified, asking, "Why didn't they cut the line?" But as Marlin Magazine simply puts it, "Marlin Wins!" [Source]

http://now.msn.com/marlin-sinks-fishing-boat-...
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
I meant to post this the other night when talking about guitar pickers. The best of them. Hendrix was definitly up there with Clapton, BB King, etc.
10-year-old 'Mini Hendrix' kills it on the guitar
This 10-Year-Old Goes by The Nickname "Mini Hendrix" (Video)
We've all heard of child prodigies, but this little girl makes most other prodigal kids look stupid with her guitar skills. She has earned the nickname "Mini Hendrix" and watching her shred for a few seconds will get you up to speed as to why she has that nickname.
http://www.wrif.com/mancave/2013/01/31/this-1...
Nice. I saw a "G" a "D' an "E", "E minor" and a Long "A" chord and it makes me wish old Arthur had not taken my fingers away.

“Gay n Augusta”

Since: Feb 13

Augusta kentucky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Having lived in ca for awhile usually prior to earthquakes u would see this alot but sulfer gases in the air also can cause this. Any recent mining problems in the area recently. Just a thought.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Abeliever wrote:
For Saragon and serious fishermen/women out there everywhere. I will stick with the lakes and ponds myself. hahaha
Vengeful marlin catches a boatload of fishermen
If you think fishing's boring, take a look at this series of snaps taken the moment a giant marlin takes revenge on every big game fisherman who has ever cast a line and sinks this pristine boat off the coast of Panama. How did it go so wrong? One report explains that the captain was reversing full throttle to chase down the fighting mega-fish when he fell and lost control. Marlin Magazine reports that the awesome creature escaped and all passengers were rescued, but the poor boat sank into oblivion. Facebook fishing enthusiasts are mystified, asking, "Why didn't they cut the line?" But as Marlin Magazine simply puts it, "Marlin Wins!" [Source]
http://now.msn.com/marlin-sinks-fishing-boat-...
Isn't that incredible. Picture is reminiscent of "The Old Man and the Sea."
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

for dinner wrote:
<quoted text>
I like that name. What will you be fixing for later?
I have BBQ boneless country ribs on low in the crockpot so they will just fall apart this evening, stuffed baked potatoes (remove the potatoe, mashed with green onion, bacon bits and placed back in the potato skin topped with sour cream, corn on the cob (from family garden), french bread warm with real butter and later for desert, cast iron skillet pineapple upside down cake (posted the recipe when we were talking cast iron skillets). Sounds good huh? I love to cook and bake. This is a special dinner from someone who help hold me up when my world was coming down last year (lots of deaths, family/friends) that I haven't seen in a while. Lives out of town. Then off to my sisters big house around 8 to watch the Wildcats @ 9:00 seeking revenge on Texas A&M. lol

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Good morning,folks. That cold, Canadian air blast can go back where it came from,as far as I'm concerned. I've been trying to catch up on all your posts. Looks like we have new posters, along with old friends that have stopped by aqain. Great! The more posters, the more points of view. The more points of view, the more interesting the conversation.
I've been keeping up with the news.@Ab, that news site you recommended is great. www.Enews.com . There's updates on the Bayou Corne sinkhole. We are now getting tons of debris (radiated) from Japan, as a result of that tsunami two years ago. Japan is burning tons of refuse from that disaster, which isn't good for the world, because the particulate matter from that tsunami and the damaged Fukashima nuclear plant is going up into the atmosphere. And we worry here about second hand smoke! LOL
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice. I saw a "G" a "D' an "E", "E minor" and a Long "A" chord and it makes me wish old Arthur had not taken my fingers away.
I have a nephew who plays guitar. Even cut a cd. He has sparked my son's interest. He is teaching him how to play on a guitar he bought at his friend's pawn shop. I just want to play piano.:)
WKG

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

marijuana wrote:
<quoted text>
it's about time to decriminalize perhaps nature's best medicine. Interesting history involving Harry J. Anslinger and William Randolph Hearst back in 1930 in which they utilized the problem/reactin/solution paradigm to gain control and reap huge profits for the federal government and the pharmaceutical industry.
http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/why-is-ma...
Thanks for the article. I agree, time to legalize it. I have always seen it like this - you can smoke cigarettes and get (and give) cancer if you wish, you can drink alcohol to get drunk and kill somebody - but you can't smoke marijuana??? Does not make sense, purely political between the government and big drug companies - all about MONEY.
I was surprised that Mitch McConnell approves of legalizing hemp farming,(which I think/hope will lead to legalized marijuana). I have had dealings with him and thought he was too "straight laced" to agree to hemp. Legalizing for its medical use is my main thing but also look at all the money and time wasted chasing down growers and users. Also it would make room in the jails and prisons for real criminals. And I had rather use a God given herb to treat an ailment that some drug company concoction!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 71,381 - 71,400 of81,553
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

67 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 min ChromiuMan 128,495
Beautiful selfies on Facebook 9 min Holly 26
Maryann Smith and Thomas (Oct '12) 21 min ex friend 44
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 46 min Feddy 145,974
jon h 1 hr zzzzzz 12
Anyone have any free kittens? 1 hr Well 10
legalize marijuana 4 hr WEED EATER 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••