Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,719

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84904 Feb 2, 2013
BIRD story:

Birds' synchronized flight dazzles

It looks like a dark cloud, but it's starling birds synchronizing their flight to help them find food.

http://www.cnn.com/video/...

I have never seen them gather like that. It is kinda freaky.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84905 Feb 2, 2013
I meant to post this the other night when talking about guitar pickers. The best of them. Hendrix was definitly up there with Clapton, BB King, etc.

10-year-old 'Mini Hendrix' kills it on the guitar

This 10-Year-Old Goes by The Nickname "Mini Hendrix" (Video)

We've all heard of child prodigies, but this little girl makes most other prodigal kids look stupid with her guitar skills. She has earned the nickname "Mini Hendrix" and watching her shred for a few seconds will get you up to speed as to why she has that nickname.

http://www.wrif.com/mancave/2013/01/31/this-1...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84906 Feb 2, 2013
I loved these things growing up. These pictures are just way out there. I never came close to making pictures like these..They are awesome, especially the Elvis and Ali. Enjoy the slide show.

RIP Mr. Cassagnes, you amused children for hours trying to be creative. What a joy he brought to children and adults alike.

Etch A Sketch creator André Cassagnes dies at age 86

It's a sad day for doodlers everywhere. André Cassagnes, the inventor of the Etch A Sketch, has died outside Paris. He was 86. Cassagnes came up with the idea in the 1950s for what ultimately became one of the world's most well-known toys; the Etch A Sketch was first sold as a manufactured toy during the holiday season of 1960. Larry Killgallon, the president of Ohio Art Co., which first manufactured the Etch A Sketch, said Cassagnes' invention "brought joy to so many over such a long period of time." As a tribute, check out our gallery of 30 amazing images done on Etch A Sketches. We have a feeling André would be proud.[Source]

< http://now.msn.com/andr%C3%A9-cassagnes-etch-... ;
for dinner

Stanton, KY

#84907 Feb 2, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
And you as well, I think I will continue to address you as my anagram name you use for me and no longer call you Sybil unless you have something else you would like me to call you (like for dinner)...haha, that did kinda sound funny huh? I had to throw that end. Earlier post. You know why I did and some people think it is desrespectful due to the storyline of Sally Field's movie.
Guess more and more people are hearing about those bunkers we talked about two years ago huh? I wonder how that poster is doing who was reading up from the beginning is doing. lol
I have been watching that map everyday with all the earthquakes, epidemics, volcano activity, extreme weather etc. When you look at the global one on certain nights it is blinking from pole to pole. Flu virus is killing allot of people. Madrid Fault is active..Missour, Ill, Ind, Tennessee, Ark earthquakes, although minor they are active. Then you have the sinkholes everywhere across the globe. Let them go into those bunkers. I don't think I would want to be hiding underground. haha At least the death numbers of birds/fish etc are minimum now. I haven't seen any mass numbers except maybe fish. Lack of oxygen is what they claim.
I went out to feed the birds, no sign of adopted cat (probably at his other family's house, haha) and the sun came out, shining bright in a clear blue sky with white fluffy clouds. Frigid cold, but it was like splashing cold water on your face, kinda refreshing. I think I cleared my morning fog. Last cup of java helped too. I hope the chemsprayers give it a rest today. They are still spraying weekly almost in this area.
Have a wonderful day, Belie
I like that name. What will you be fixing for later?
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84908 Feb 2, 2013
For Saragon and serious fishermen/women out there everywhere. I will stick with the lakes and ponds myself. hahaha

Vengeful marlin catches a boatload of fishermen

If you think fishing's boring, take a look at this series of snaps taken the moment a giant marlin takes revenge on every big game fisherman who has ever cast a line and sinks this pristine boat off the coast of Panama. How did it go so wrong? One report explains that the captain was reversing full throttle to chase down the fighting mega-fish when he fell and lost control. Marlin Magazine reports that the awesome creature escaped and all passengers were rescued, but the poor boat sank into oblivion. Facebook fishing enthusiasts are mystified, asking, "Why didn't they cut the line?" But as Marlin Magazine simply puts it, "Marlin Wins!" [Source]

http://now.msn.com/marlin-sinks-fishing-boat-...
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#84909 Feb 2, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
I meant to post this the other night when talking about guitar pickers. The best of them. Hendrix was definitly up there with Clapton, BB King, etc.
10-year-old 'Mini Hendrix' kills it on the guitar
This 10-Year-Old Goes by The Nickname "Mini Hendrix" (Video)
We've all heard of child prodigies, but this little girl makes most other prodigal kids look stupid with her guitar skills. She has earned the nickname "Mini Hendrix" and watching her shred for a few seconds will get you up to speed as to why she has that nickname.
http://www.wrif.com/mancave/2013/01/31/this-1...
Nice. I saw a "G" a "D' an "E", "E minor" and a Long "A" chord and it makes me wish old Arthur had not taken my fingers away.

“Gay n Augusta”

Since: Feb 13

Augusta kentucky

#84910 Feb 2, 2013
Having lived in ca for awhile usually prior to earthquakes u would see this alot but sulfer gases in the air also can cause this. Any recent mining problems in the area recently. Just a thought.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#84911 Feb 2, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
For Saragon and serious fishermen/women out there everywhere. I will stick with the lakes and ponds myself. hahaha
Vengeful marlin catches a boatload of fishermen
If you think fishing's boring, take a look at this series of snaps taken the moment a giant marlin takes revenge on every big game fisherman who has ever cast a line and sinks this pristine boat off the coast of Panama. How did it go so wrong? One report explains that the captain was reversing full throttle to chase down the fighting mega-fish when he fell and lost control. Marlin Magazine reports that the awesome creature escaped and all passengers were rescued, but the poor boat sank into oblivion. Facebook fishing enthusiasts are mystified, asking, "Why didn't they cut the line?" But as Marlin Magazine simply puts it, "Marlin Wins!" [Source]
http://now.msn.com/marlin-sinks-fishing-boat-...
Isn't that incredible. Picture is reminiscent of "The Old Man and the Sea."
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84912 Feb 2, 2013
for dinner wrote:
<quoted text>
I like that name. What will you be fixing for later?
I have BBQ boneless country ribs on low in the crockpot so they will just fall apart this evening, stuffed baked potatoes (remove the potatoe, mashed with green onion, bacon bits and placed back in the potato skin topped with sour cream, corn on the cob (from family garden), french bread warm with real butter and later for desert, cast iron skillet pineapple upside down cake (posted the recipe when we were talking cast iron skillets). Sounds good huh? I love to cook and bake. This is a special dinner from someone who help hold me up when my world was coming down last year (lots of deaths, family/friends) that I haven't seen in a while. Lives out of town. Then off to my sisters big house around 8 to watch the Wildcats @ 9:00 seeking revenge on Texas A&M. lol

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#84913 Feb 2, 2013
Good morning,folks. That cold, Canadian air blast can go back where it came from,as far as I'm concerned. I've been trying to catch up on all your posts. Looks like we have new posters, along with old friends that have stopped by aqain. Great! The more posters, the more points of view. The more points of view, the more interesting the conversation.
I've been keeping up with the news.@Ab, that news site you recommended is great. www.Enews.com . There's updates on the Bayou Corne sinkhole. We are now getting tons of debris (radiated) from Japan, as a result of that tsunami two years ago. Japan is burning tons of refuse from that disaster, which isn't good for the world, because the particulate matter from that tsunami and the damaged Fukashima nuclear plant is going up into the atmosphere. And we worry here about second hand smoke! LOL
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84914 Feb 2, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice. I saw a "G" a "D' an "E", "E minor" and a Long "A" chord and it makes me wish old Arthur had not taken my fingers away.
I have a nephew who plays guitar. Even cut a cd. He has sparked my son's interest. He is teaching him how to play on a guitar he bought at his friend's pawn shop. I just want to play piano.:)
WKG

Chicago, IL

#84915 Feb 2, 2013
marijuana wrote:
<quoted text>
it's about time to decriminalize perhaps nature's best medicine. Interesting history involving Harry J. Anslinger and William Randolph Hearst back in 1930 in which they utilized the problem/reactin/solution paradigm to gain control and reap huge profits for the federal government and the pharmaceutical industry.
http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/why-is-ma...
Thanks for the article. I agree, time to legalize it. I have always seen it like this - you can smoke cigarettes and get (and give) cancer if you wish, you can drink alcohol to get drunk and kill somebody - but you can't smoke marijuana??? Does not make sense, purely political between the government and big drug companies - all about MONEY.
I was surprised that Mitch McConnell approves of legalizing hemp farming,(which I think/hope will lead to legalized marijuana). I have had dealings with him and thought he was too "straight laced" to agree to hemp. Legalizing for its medical use is my main thing but also look at all the money and time wasted chasing down growers and users. Also it would make room in the jails and prisons for real criminals. And I had rather use a God given herb to treat an ailment that some drug company concoction!
Open

Stanton, KY

#84916 Feb 2, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
SO true. If anything happened to our major highways and truckers, not to mention our railway systems, all supplies would be cut off. No food, no medicines, no way for help to reach people who are in dire need. That's one of the many ways that terrorists would attack us, if they have a mind to shut us down. Can you imagine having to depend on air drops for food, etc? Many would starve because they don't know how to survive on minimal wares.
Maybe I should say WHEN these terrorists have the mind to attack us. It's imminent, I'm afraid. We already have so many who despise the USA and her values. We hear it every day on the news. Much of it, we never hear of and probably never will due to national security. There are hoards of dissidents who are more than willing to sacrifice their own lives trying to break us down and watch the USA fall.. It's happening in other countries. I'm afraid that it's only a matter of time before we're hit again like 9/11.
Even though WE learned a lot from that attack, so have the terrorists..
Our truckers are an integral part of survival! Anyone who doesn't fully appreciate what they do, simply hasn't thought things through. Without them, we'd be in dire straits. Without a highway system for them to travel, we'd have no truckers able to get through to us.
there are no such thing as Arab terrorists here in America. That is a contrived 'boogeyman' to instill fear in the American people so that they can enact draconian laws in which we are forced to give up our freedoms for security (Patriot Act, NDAA, recent gun control legislation, and more to come). Be wary of any more bombings or mass shootings which will be blamed on Arab terrorists or lone gunmen, these will likely be false flag black operations being done intentionally to advance the agenda of the NWO police state. With the technological sophistication of the surveillance systems of the federal police state, how do you think it's possible for terrrorists to escape detection if they even existed here? Every one of us has likely been monitored at some point to assess our habits, lifestyle, and psychological profile because according to the government, any American citizen is potentially a terrorist threat to them.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#84917 Feb 2, 2013
owl wrote:
<quoted text>
the reason for the prohibition of marijuana was also for profit for Big Pharma and Big Brother.
Very Likely to be the case, but I am too independent minded (stubborn) to worry about Big Pharma or Big Brother and inane rules. If I wanted to grow and smoke a little weed and thought it would benefit me, I would not ask Dad for the car keys. But so far, I don't see any personal benefit but if I ever do, you can bet that I will do just that.

My heritage includes hemp growers, moonshiners, and raising fighting chickens and I don't even buy a fishing, hunting, or dog license anymore. I believe in "LIVE AND LET LIVE".
Japan 311

Stanton, KY

#84918 Feb 2, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Good morning,folks. That cold, Canadian air blast can go back where it came from,as far as I'm concerned. I've been trying to catch up on all your posts. Looks like we have new posters, along with old friends that have stopped by aqain. Great! The more posters, the more points of view. The more points of view, the more interesting the conversation.
I've been keeping up with the news.@Ab, that news site you recommended is great. www.Enews.com . There's updates on the Bayou Corne sinkhole. We are now getting tons of debris (radiated) from Japan, as a result of that tsunami two years ago. Japan is burning tons of refuse from that disaster, which isn't good for the world, because the particulate matter from that tsunami and the damaged Fukashima nuclear plant is going up into the atmosphere. And we worry here about second hand smoke! LOL
we are not being told the true extent of the radiation leak from the nuclear fallout from the Fukishima disaster because at this point there is not much we can do about it except to all go to our underground bunkers for the next ten years. The particulate matter from the burning is not all the worrisome because most it falls to the ground with the rainfall and the C02 will be absorbed by plants.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#84919 Feb 2, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a nephew who plays guitar. Even cut a cd. He has sparked my son's interest. He is teaching him how to play on a guitar he bought at his friend's pawn shop. I just want to play piano.:)
Piano is more difficult than guitar and requires lots of practice, but Ol' Arthur just does not care much for music.
fast car

Stanton, KY

#84920 Feb 2, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
I have BBQ boneless country ribs on low in the crockpot so they will just fall apart this evening, stuffed baked potatoes (remove the potatoe, mashed with green onion, bacon bits and placed back in the potato skin topped with sour cream, corn on the cob (from family garden), french bread warm with real butter and later for desert, cast iron skillet pineapple upside down cake (posted the recipe when we were talking cast iron skillets). Sounds good huh? I love to cook and bake. This is a special dinner from someone who help hold me up when my world was coming down last year (lots of deaths, family/friends) that I haven't seen in a while. Lives out of town. Then off to my sisters big house around 8 to watch the Wildcats @ 9:00 seeking revenge on Texas A&M. lol
with the snow, there is no way I could get there on time, maybe for breakfast yes.
bird clouds

Stanton, KY

#84921 Feb 2, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
BIRD story:
Birds' synchronized flight dazzles
It looks like a dark cloud, but it's starling birds synchronizing their flight to help them find food.
http://www.cnn.com/video/...
I have never seen them gather like that. It is kinda freaky.
I actually see this frequently in the Winchester area though not quite with the same undulating motion as in the video
Abelieve

Vine Grove, KY

#84922 Feb 2, 2013
gay n augusta wrote:
Having lived in ca for awhile usually prior to earthquakes u would see this alot but sulfer gases in the air also can cause this. Any recent mining problems in the area recently. Just a thought.
I had allot of sites dealing with earthquakes and it was my area when trying to determine what killed the birds. Your question got me searching since there is a lot of that going on in the Madrid Fault area. I didn't know we were having another "shake out" day in 5 days until you asked that but will look on FEMA and check out my other sources as well as EMS personnel I know. Meanwhile I found this:

Mountaintop-removal mines in Appalachia are estimated to produce just 5 to 10 percent of total U.S. coal production, and generate less than 4 percent of our electricity—an amount that could be eliminated from the energy supply with small gains in energy efficiency and conservation. This highly destructive form of surface mining is disfiguring an entire region, the coalfield areas of West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Virginia, because of one reason: profit.
A risk assessment report commissioned by the federal EPA concluded that “current management of coal combustion waste in landfills and surface impoundments results in significant risk to human health and the environment.”
http://www.plunderingappalachia.org/theissue....

These pictures make me sick. Kentucky is a beautiful state and the Appalachia region holds much history. Sad it is the poorest region. Coal companies are nice and rich though.

This is very accurate and coincides with the map I check everyday, here is today's activity so far.

Saturday, 02th February 2013
Magnitude: 2.8
Georgia

Oklahoma
Magnitude: 2.8

Japan
Magnitude: 6.9
http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/
Do global and then North America Quite scary when they are all blinking and it is refreshed every 60 seconds.
Abelieve

Vine Grove, KY

#84923 Feb 2, 2013
Did you know we were scheduled for another "Shake Out" in five days?

More than two million people are expected to participate in the

third annual Great Central U.S. ShakeOut Thu. February 7, 2013.
shakeout.org/centralus/

Fracking (fracturing rock) forces water and chemicals underground to loosen natural gas and oil for extraction. Earthquakes seem to occur along with this process.

*(map show Mo/Ark fracking activity and yep, earthquakes in the last few days in both places, Texas (yesterday) too)

http://www.showme.net/~fkeller/quake/

Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lotta Shakin' Going On (1957)

(he can play piano)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need food badly 40 min Keep trying 24
truck payments 40 min hunter 9
city of barbourville 1 hr Three losers 15
Rats?? just wondering 2 hr pacman 4
it should be against the law for a woman to drive 3 hr yea 2
hp laptop 3 hr travis 15
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr ChromiuMan 131,853
Porsche mills 7 hr Prayers 17
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Dec 15 Corky 51
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:18 am PST

Bleacher Report 7:18AM
Tennessee Titans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars: Complete Week 16 Preview for Tennesse
NBC Sports12:38 PM
Dexter McCluster out Thursday, likely out Week 17 as well
NBC Sports 2:30 PM
Manziel looking for better showing in second start - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 2:48 PM
Titans RB McCluster ruled out of game vs. Jaguars - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 5:47 PM
Denver Broncos vs. Cincinnati Bengals Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick