Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,567)

Showing posts 71,321 - 71,340 of81,544
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Breakfast was delish, thank you Lord for the blessing of a warm meal again today.

AW, I was even further north during that awful winter of '62. The whole city we lived in came to a screeching halt. I'll never forget it. I was sick during that one too and I remember that the heater in our house, although a good one for that time period, still barely kept the house warm. I was in bed with so many of my grandmas quilts over top of me, I thought I'd be smashed like a pancake. But they kept me warm as toast. I still have one of those quilts to this day, although I don't use it any more. It's SO old that it's in too delicate of a condition. Best that it's left to just admire now.

Lala, I hope your friend finds a solution to her problem. She's lucky to have such as friend as you. There are some who have to suffer in silence because for whatever reason, they have no on to confide in. Even if you don't have any answers for her, at least you're an ear when troubles get too deep for her to bear alone. That silent and hearing "ear" alone can save many from doing something "irreversible" to themselves, whether we ever truly find out or not...

I'm going to go lay down. Breakfast hit me like a ton of bricks right in the middle of doing up the dishes, hehe. Again, thank you Lord for not only the warm meal, but the option to go lay down and rest some more.

It's a good day. Hope you all are having the same. Those of you who have to go out, please be careful. I want to see each of you on here later today and in good humor!!

This has been SUCH a pleasant break from all of the nastiness of the past few weeks. I'm sure that WKG can relate as well..

_-_Nope_-_
*Poof, for now*
:)
WKG

Kansasville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Breakfast was delish, thank you Lord for the blessing of a warm meal again today.
AW, I was even further north during that awful winter of '62. The whole city we lived in came to a screeching halt. I'll never forget it. I was sick during that one too and I remember that the heater in our house, although a good one for that time period, still barely kept the house warm. I was in bed with so many of my grandmas quilts over top of me, I thought I'd be smashed like a pancake. But they kept me warm as toast. I still have one of those quilts to this day, although I don't use it any more. It's SO old that it's in too delicate of a condition. Best that it's left to just admire now.
Lala, I hope your friend finds a solution to her problem. She's lucky to have such as friend as you. There are some who have to suffer in silence because for whatever reason, they have no on to confide in. Even if you don't have any answers for her, at least you're an ear when troubles get too deep for her to bear alone. That silent and hearing "ear" alone can save many from doing something "irreversible" to themselves, whether we ever truly find out or not...
I'm going to go lay down. Breakfast hit me like a ton of bricks right in the middle of doing up the dishes, hehe. Again, thank you Lord for not only the warm meal, but the option to go lay down and rest some more.
It's a good day. Hope you all are having the same. Those of you who have to go out, please be careful. I want to see each of you on here later today and in good humor!!
This has been SUCH a pleasant break from all of the nastiness of the past few weeks. I'm sure that WKG can relate as well..
_-_Nope_-_
*Poof, for now*
:)
You are so right Nope. Like Lala, a dear friend of mine and his family is going through an extremely hard time right now due to his health. Yesterday his grown son called me crying and I talked to him for about an hour and a half. Last night my friend himself called and after talking to him I had to have my own cry about the situation. Things like that put the pettiness in life in total perspective. I tell you, sometimes...no, a lot of times I sure don't understand why God allows what He allows to happen. I don't understand it and I sure don't like it but I've learned not to doubt Him even though it's hard not to sometimes. I have faith that in the end all will work out for the best and then He might even allow us to understand why certain things happened. Please do put my friend on your prayer list.

Good morning everybody!:) I hope you are all doing well today. My outdoor thermometer said it got down to 11'F here last night. I liked the 70'F day before yesterday better, even if it was kind of freaky. lol Last night about 7:ish it s'ed her like crazy! The flakes were quarter sized! Beautiful but I don't like the cold that goes with it!(or the dangerous roads) It didn't stick to the road and most of the accumulation was already gone this morning.

I'm ready for spring!...and eyeing my treadmill. So much to do and so little want to. lol
EL FAKEO

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

it got so cold last night ,..
my old cars horn went off ,...all by it self ,.... at 3 AM
nothing will get you out of bed quicker than a continuous high pitch droning wail in the middle of the night it must have lasted over 6 minutes ,..until i finally got dressed and staggered out to unplug the thing
I AM SURE the neighbors's were not mussed
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Everyone is excited about the Super Bowl. I am too. I think I will fill mine with popcorn. LOL
Misty Eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

WKG wrote:
Sure is nice to see yalls good, peaceful conversation today.
Misty-eyed are you the Raven that was here a month or so ago?
I don't know who I am most of the time. Hehe. Might become a snow woman if I freeze to death. 19 degrees outside. Yes, to answer your question. The name did not fit alas. Now, AW, his fits. Haha. I've been calling partner Wolfie. He seems to have a lot of life experience and all.Just doesn't stay calm and collected like AW does which I give a lot of thanks to for teaching me a life lesson;)
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

@Misty.. I have not always been calm, but I am trying. Sometimes very trying. LOL
Misty Eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

EL FAKEO wrote:
it got so cold last night ,..
my old cars horn went off ,...all by it self ,.... at 3 AM
nothing will get you out of bed quicker than a continuous high pitch droning wail in the middle of the night it must have lasted over 6 minutes ,..until i finally got dressed and staggered out to unplug the thing
I AM SURE the neighbors's were not mussed
My new coffee pot started an alarm on it. I was like what the heck; does it need cleaned. I couldn't find the manual that came with it. So, I'm standing there dumbfounded. Every time I push start, ring ring ring. Ok. So, what's wrong. No water. Oh boy, yesterday...no last night and all those gusts had me so tore up I had failed to put the blasted water in the pot. Lol.
huh

Stoughton, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

weird
Misty Eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Misty.. I have not always been calm, but I am trying. Sometimes very trying. LOL
Haha. Super Bowl. ROFL. oh, boy I needed that. hope you and dog stay warm. Hopefully. your son and my partner don't have to deal with this much longer. That trucking is a difficult vocation. I think, far too many do not realize that. Haha. You have dog to keep your feet warm. bet that's good after those tree trips;) You have a nice day. Off with my Babies...
Rex 86

Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

This thread sure has slowed down since last time I was here..3 months ago
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Tired of imitation baked (nuked) potatoes?.. try this quick trick if you don't have time to oven bake.

Place peeled and quartered potatoes in a covered Corning Ware type bowl. Add a cup of water and 2 tablespoons of butter, chopped onions to taste and nuke as normal. Serve with sour cream, if desired.

That is what I am fixing to share with my friend tonight, along with some bbq chicken breasts (store bought lol), hot biscuits, and Amish apple butter.

Hello Rex 86. It is not always slow.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

hmmm
Misty Eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

betty wrote:
<quoted text>
i would love to cut it but hubby forbade me....once it hits my bum its going... maybe another three four months.
I'm thinking he's thinking of you with no clothes. Hahaha. With that hair letting things poke out;) ;) It's called hide and peak...he 's thinking ...Gosh, she's sexy. I'd keep it and trim it as long as it's healthy and not giving you headaches from the length and thickness. Men tell on themselves when it comes to what they really like in a woman or love. Hey, the older you get and things start falling and failing you will know exactly what I mean. LOL.
Anonymous

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

seems i have got myself into alot of talk that i was not ready for, because of my post i am getting replies about people and subjects that i have no clue what is being talked about, so please leave (Just Wandering) out of this post. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Misty Eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Haha. Super Bowl. ROFL. oh, boy I needed that. hope you and dog stay warm. Hopefully. your son and my partner don't have to deal with this much longer. That trucking is a difficult vocation. I think, far too many do not realize that. Haha. You have dog to keep your feet warm. bet that's good after those tree trips;) You have a nice day. Off with my Babies...
Truckers keep this country going. If trucking stops we get no food, clothing, personal care items, medicine,and anything else that you can think of. Without efficient transportation of goods, we get set back about 100 years.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Truckers keep this country going. If trucking stops we get no food, clothing, personal care items, medicine,and anything else that you can think of. Without efficient transportation of goods, we get set back about 100 years.
SO true. If anything happened to our major highways and truckers, not to mention our railway systems, all supplies would be cut off. No food, no medicines, no way for help to reach people who are in dire need. That's one of the many ways that terrorists would attack us, if they have a mind to shut us down. Can you imagine having to depend on air drops for food, etc? Many would starve because they don't know how to survive on minimal wares.

Maybe I should say WHEN these terrorists have the mind to attack us. It's imminent, I'm afraid. We already have so many who despise the USA and her values. We hear it every day on the news. Much of it, we never hear of and probably never will due to national security. There are hoards of dissidents who are more than willing to sacrifice their own lives trying to break us down and watch the USA fall.. It's happening in other countries. I'm afraid that it's only a matter of time before we're hit again like 9/11.

Even though WE learned a lot from that attack, so have the terrorists..

Our truckers are an integral part of survival! Anyone who doesn't fully appreciate what they do, simply hasn't thought things through. Without them, we'd be in dire straits. Without a highway system for them to travel, we'd have no truckers able to get through to us.
dead birds

Park City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Just dead birds
need it too

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

the Muslims have just warned the world -{ via al ja zerza - big al gores Arab news TV network } that another 911 style attack will happen soon ,...

one can only wonder , just what those morons are up too this time ,.......
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Good evening bird threaders, where is everyone? lala, I am so sorry I missed you, I have a follow up preview of that little Clydesdale you named so well, I will have to post it for you.

It was great to get out and see some people, shop and stock up for the next round of ole man winter..Sat/Sun. I won't have to go out. Looks like that white stuff is going to remind us it is February not April. haha

Ancient Wolf, I hope you had a good visit with your son. Loved the super bowl comment. I am with you. Popcorn. I have seen most of the commercials already. I already picked my favorite. Your dinner sounded wonderful and I hope you and your friend had a pleasant time.

Nope, we have no idea what is at our country disposal for fighting terrorist and our military and defense dept has things we have never heard of with new methods of fighting just about everything. HAARP is used for many things. You can tell that by reading this bill introduced to Congress with FOXNEWS new commentator Congressman Kucinich, the bill was introduced in Oct 2001. I posted it a couple times in the last two years. Very interesting reading. Discusses chemtrails as well. I have seen chemtrails. Check it out:

Space Preservation Act of 2001 (Introduced in the House)
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd...

Hi Hempburn, betty, misty-eyed, our missing posters, and everyone else. Hope you are having a good evening. A warm one at least. lol
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

For lala, this is my pick for the Super Bowl commercials on Sunday, I don't have to see the rest. You will love it:

2013 Budweiser Super Bowl Commercial

The Clydesdales: "Brotherhood"

Published on Jan 31, 2013
See Budweiser's 2013 Super Bowl ad featuring our famous Clydesdales horses and introducing our newest foal, who was just 7 days old during the shoot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

I still think the name you gave it sounds the most suited for this little Bud. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 71,321 - 71,340 of81,544
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min brad 144,691
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min LMS 127,854
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 11 min LMS 1,009
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 58 min LMS 16,115
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr LMS 26,166
in loving memory (Dec '08) 2 hr mee 184
SOAR public listening sessions planned 2 hr Frances 1
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 3 hr FarePrey 372
KC Basketball Coach 18 hr breaking news 49
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000