Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,558)

Showing posts 71,141 - 71,160 of81,200
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Ah man, they are putting us under a winter storm warning and the crap just melted here. Slick roads etc...noooooooooooooooooo.
HilLogic

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that right.
Good Morning, Una. I'm happy to see we are in agreement on this subject, even if there isn't much we can do to correct it. lol I hope you're staying warm and having a wonderful day!
HilLogic

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Also if you have not heard him, check out "Billy Joe Shaver". Waylon and Willie credit him to being one of the best song writers and even wrote a few of their's. I especially like:
Get Behind me, Satan
I'm just an old lump of coal
How funny that you mentioned the old lump of coal song; from the time I first heard it, it became one of my theme songs. When I'm feeling a little down on myself, I sing out loud, "but I'm gonna' be a diamond someday"! LOL

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Goodmorning, Bird people. I'm back. After two nights of very little sleep and then deciding to take a nap yesterday late morning, I have two words of advice:
NEVER take two Excedrin P.M.'s during the day time...

(Yesterday was a total waste and I did nothing but snooze off and on afterward).

:)
HilLogic

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Willie is an accomplished song writer, and I was aware that he wrote songs for other entertainers. One of my favorite Willie collections is Red Headed Stranger.
I had totally forgotten about this song! Thanks for the reminder. I love the instrumental breaks; the guitar and piano. Such a hauntingly beautiful song!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

*have a FEW words of advice.
Geez.
Am I still foggy? Probably so.... LOL!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Winter Weather Advisory for us until 1am. Hope it's like the last one, and we don't get anything.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

It's snowing here, Roaming. Nothing is sticking, but it's a good dusting.

I need some sunshine... Brain is weary..

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

I hear you! I wish it was warmer. I'm thinking Sunny Beaches in Hawaii. lol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

I'd be just as happy with a comfortable fishing day myself. Where oh where is Spring... I'm SO ready. Particularly with some of my bulbed flowers coming up. When I finally start seeing buds on the redwood and dogwood trees, I'll be a happy camper.

Have to admit though, we've hardly had any winter here again.

And that storm the other night reminded me of a southern hurricane, NOT a Kentucky winter.. The seasons are all just cattywampus lately.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Yeah, my parents had some major damage. Tree fell on the house. The adjuster was out there today to look at it all. We got the tree moved and cut up. Their fence was destroyed, some roof damage, a some of the siding. But, it could have been MUCH worse. They are both fine.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

I'm very glad to hear that. It was a terrible storm. I hate when they hit in the dark like that. Seems like all the major storms lately have been.

It went on for so long that it had me thinking about that HAARP theory again while I was sitting here listening to everything out there roaring and limbs falling. It really DID sound like a hurricane. The weather has been off kilter for years now.. Something just isn't right and the changes are happening quickly, too quickly to make any 'scientific' sense.

I've been through more hurricanes than I can even recall. It was eerily similar in sound, force, etc. And the temperature that day? I had to open my windows to keep from turning the A/C back on.. They were still open that night, although barely, just enough to keep the rain from blowing in...

Again, I'm very happy to hear that your family is okay.
hey

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

are we off topix

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Hey folks, I moved here to get away from New England weather. What's going on here with the wind and snow. I cannot stand this cold anymore. Brrr..

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Thanks very much. My parents are tough cookies. My mom whopped cancer's butt, and dad is fighting dementia. A little storm don't bother them. lol

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

hey wrote:
are we off topix
No. We're still on Topix. Thanks for asking.
Misty Eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

I keep wondering if another Ice Age will eventually return. I've been scared sitting here in a rickety Ol mobile home. The children and I have no safe sanctuary if it gets too terrible. With West Liberty getting struck last year and several areas around me, I think maybe of finding a house with a basement. I worry so for the children's sake than mine. Sorry to hear about that roof. Glad the parents survived the disaster. I'll take the snow and rain over tornadoes and earthquakes any day. Eastern Ky is getting more of what western and southern ky has experienced for years. Cold weather is here again. Stay warm and eat well. Maybe drink a little to clear out the Ol chest and throat. Or just because it has a pleasant taste. Hehe. I had a gin 7 without the lime which to me just complements the gin and without it; that drink sure was lacking. Safe day Folks. Try to have a good one. The birds and squirrels are probably just as confused with the weather patterns as we.And to the tractor trailer drivers down South if you see a funnel coming, just go in another direction. Worry so about the partner out there. He's on his way to Arkansas from Maryland.Good day:)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

hey wrote:
are we off topix
And running close to 90,000 comments so far, not counting deletions for one reason or the other... We can't really expect it to stay on the topic of dead birds for that long now, can we?
<<wink wink>>

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
Hey folks, I moved here to get away from New England weather. What's going on here with the wind and snow. I cannot stand this cold anymore. Brrr..
Hey Lala! Believe it or not, this is too warm. It's nothing like I remember from when I was a young one. Of course there were frigid days, but this is just too strange with all the ups and downs on the thermometer. Something is messed up.... I never remember any days in January where we had to open windows in the house. Not unless my Momma burned the cornbread, hehe. And that rarely EVER ever happened. We didn't have enough money for her to be burning anything.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Misty Eyed wrote:
The birds and squirrels are probably just as confused with the weather patterns as we.
Hi "Misty". And I agree. Like I said, there were moths at my porch light the other night. That's SO not normal...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 71,141 - 71,160 of81,200
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

85 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min Libertarian 122,749
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 27 min GOTP 138,662
What all thinka bout lena fugate? (May '09) 32 min Haha 8
Larry dye and Amy dye 34 min Heard 19
somepplarebitchs 39 min LOL 16
Atv wanted 43 min yes 2
Corey vs. Collins 1 hr Pop 56
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••