Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,733

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#84634 Jan 31, 2013
You beat me to it LOL
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84635 Jan 31, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that is it. Love those old photos. Also, like his version of "Aint it Funny How Time Slips Away"... I beleive that was an original Ray Price song.
I did too. They were awesome. I like his version of that one too.

Willie Nelson - Funny How Time Slips Away

My favorite Willie songs are:

Willie Nelson - Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Willie Nelson - Always On My Mind

Ray Price was in the news this week because Blake Shelton offended him. I love Blake but his comments were uncalled for. Most people prefer "Grandpa's country-style" music.

Ray Price accepts Blake Shelton's apology over country music comments

Ray Price has forgiven Blake Shelton after The Voice judge reached out to the singing legend to apologise for the cutting comments he made about traditional country music. He declared, "Country music has to evolve in order to survive. Nobody wants to listen to their grandpa’s music."

Shelton's remarks offended Country Music Hall of Fame member Price

http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/news/ray-price-accept...
WKG

Joliet, IL

#84636 Jan 31, 2013
Ravi Zacharias, "The Truth" (John chapter 10)
&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#84637 Jan 31, 2013
Have a good rest of the morning folks. I am off to prepare some sweet and sour chicken with oriental rice.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#84638 Jan 31, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>We all hope so too.
Now Theodore, please, please don't be disrespectful.You can't always predict who might have hurt feelings. You know, when you were not being nice in regard to your remarks to and about me not so long ago, I didn't let it bother me. I'm kind of old anyway, and I have grown a thick skin. But not all people feel as I do, and you might be hurting feelings without realizing how much. I'm very glad that you decided to participate in meaningful dialogue, and I do like to get as many opinions as possible to keep conversations going. Sometimes, it's even hysterical when we all get to teasing each other, but it is good-natured teasing. When you are dismissive to someone in particular, you really don't know how they are going to take it. Hope you have a fine day. I'll pop in from time to time and see where the conversation goes.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84639 Jan 31, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
You beat me to it LOL
hahah, I kept seeing songs I wanted to hear and hadn't in a while. I love how he picks guitar. One of the best. Hilogic got me wanting to hear two other great pickers. They are the best when it comes to picking the blues...Clapton and King. Love my CD of them "riding".

Eric Clapton & B.B. King- Riding With The King

BB King & Eric Clapton - The King, The God and the Stars...
From the White House concert in 1999.

BB tells Eric that "you are getting better all the time young man"
Strange that while listening to this I looked over in the right side suggestions and among all those songs was an hour long "What are they Spraying" video about Chemtrails. They have one of "Soft Kitty" right under it. Had to laugh and click on it too. I have seen many of them, not sure I seen this one so I will save it and view it later. Weird how they throw non-related videos up on the side. haha "Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty, Little ball of fur, Happy kitty, sleepy kitty purr purr purr. hahaha

I might camp out on this site and listen to a bunch others I haven't thought of or heard in along time. Carlos Santana, JJ Cale, Stevie Ray Vaughn.....

Sun came out and melted all that those white flakes covered except for the shaded areas. Still cold though. brrrrr
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84640 Jan 31, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Have a good rest of the morning folks. I am off to prepare some sweet and sour chicken with oriental rice.
You too AW, that sounds good. I am off too, I need to peel potatoes for homemade potato soup, to go with minute steak sandwhiches on the side for dinner tonight. First I am having a grilled cheese and tomato soup for lunch. I might just listen to somemore great songs by the best guitar pickers ever while I do it. lol

Have a good afternoon folks.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84641 Jan 31, 2013
Ah man, they are putting us under a winter storm warning and the crap just melted here. Slick roads etc...noooooooooooooooooo.
HilLogic

London, KY

#84642 Jan 31, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that right.
Good Morning, Una. I'm happy to see we are in agreement on this subject, even if there isn't much we can do to correct it. lol I hope you're staying warm and having a wonderful day!
HilLogic

London, KY

#84643 Jan 31, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Also if you have not heard him, check out "Billy Joe Shaver". Waylon and Willie credit him to being one of the best song writers and even wrote a few of their's. I especially like:
Get Behind me, Satan
I'm just an old lump of coal
How funny that you mentioned the old lump of coal song; from the time I first heard it, it became one of my theme songs. When I'm feeling a little down on myself, I sing out loud, "but I'm gonna' be a diamond someday"! LOL

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#84644 Jan 31, 2013
Goodmorning, Bird people. I'm back. After two nights of very little sleep and then deciding to take a nap yesterday late morning, I have two words of advice:
NEVER take two Excedrin P.M.'s during the day time...

(Yesterday was a total waste and I did nothing but snooze off and on afterward).

:)
HilLogic

London, KY

#84645 Jan 31, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Willie is an accomplished song writer, and I was aware that he wrote songs for other entertainers. One of my favorite Willie collections is Red Headed Stranger.
I had totally forgotten about this song! Thanks for the reminder. I love the instrumental breaks; the guitar and piano. Such a hauntingly beautiful song!

#84646 Jan 31, 2013
*have a FEW words of advice.
Geez.
Am I still foggy? Probably so.... LOL!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#84647 Jan 31, 2013
Winter Weather Advisory for us until 1am. Hope it's like the last one, and we don't get anything.

#84648 Jan 31, 2013
It's snowing here, Roaming. Nothing is sticking, but it's a good dusting.

I need some sunshine... Brain is weary..

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#84649 Jan 31, 2013
I hear you! I wish it was warmer. I'm thinking Sunny Beaches in Hawaii. lol

#84650 Jan 31, 2013
I'd be just as happy with a comfortable fishing day myself. Where oh where is Spring... I'm SO ready. Particularly with some of my bulbed flowers coming up. When I finally start seeing buds on the redwood and dogwood trees, I'll be a happy camper.

Have to admit though, we've hardly had any winter here again.

And that storm the other night reminded me of a southern hurricane, NOT a Kentucky winter.. The seasons are all just cattywampus lately.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#84654 Jan 31, 2013
Yeah, my parents had some major damage. Tree fell on the house. The adjuster was out there today to look at it all. We got the tree moved and cut up. Their fence was destroyed, some roof damage, a some of the siding. But, it could have been MUCH worse. They are both fine.

#84655 Jan 31, 2013
I'm very glad to hear that. It was a terrible storm. I hate when they hit in the dark like that. Seems like all the major storms lately have been.

It went on for so long that it had me thinking about that HAARP theory again while I was sitting here listening to everything out there roaring and limbs falling. It really DID sound like a hurricane. The weather has been off kilter for years now.. Something just isn't right and the changes are happening quickly, too quickly to make any 'scientific' sense.

I've been through more hurricanes than I can even recall. It was eerily similar in sound, force, etc. And the temperature that day? I had to open my windows to keep from turning the A/C back on.. They were still open that night, although barely, just enough to keep the rain from blowing in...

Again, I'm very happy to hear that your family is okay.
hey

Hazard, KY

#84656 Jan 31, 2013
are we off topix

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr stray-cat 132,233
Jason hughes son 4 hr Jason cuzzo 1
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 5 hr _Zoey_ 3,610
hau mings mexican restaurant 5 hr bugs r us 2
dinky phipps 6 hr Edozier 18
Who is Winston tye seeing now....... 7 hr Lee 15
What do you think 7 hr Just sayin 1
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web