Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,677

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#84605 Jan 31, 2013
@HillLogic.. after being up with the dog, I went back for some more zzzzs. I agree on music, I like everything except heavy metal and rap. Have you heard Willie doing old classics like:
All of Me
September Song
MoonLight in Vermont

Then I have a CD of "Willie and Friends" that is nothing but instrumentals and is quite soothing to the soul. Most people just associate him with Nasal twanging, but he is quite an accomplished musician and does all genres.
HilLogic

London, KY

#84606 Jan 31, 2013
Good morning, KY friends; and outside world!
Don't you love when the electricity goes off in the middle of the night without telling you? lol When I woke up, the clock was flashing 4:30 AM; but it was actually more like 5:30. I'm glad my internal clock knew what time it was, even if the one on the nightstand didn't. There's always something to be thankful for.
Mr. A.W. got me thinking about music this morning, so I think my song for the day will be in honor of Mr. Rogers', It's such a good feeling to know your alive.....! I hope everyone has a great day today!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#84607 Jan 31, 2013
Also if you have not heard him, check out "Billy Joe Shaver". Waylon and Willie credit him to being one of the best song writers and even wrote a few of their's. I especially like:

Get Behind me, Satan
I'm just an old lump of coal
HilLogic

London, KY

#84608 Jan 31, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@HillLogic.. after being up with the dog, I went back for some more zzzzs. I agree on music, I like everything except heavy metal and rap. Have you heard Willie doing old classics like:
All of Me
September Song
MoonLight in Vermont
Then I have a CD of "Willie and Friends" that is nothing but instrumentals and is quite soothing to the soul. Most people just associate him with Nasal twanging, but he is quite an accomplished musician and does all genres.
Oh, yes! It is Willie's classics that I love best. My favorite Willie recording I mentioned earlier,'A Horse Called Music'; he does,'If I Were A Painting'; it is so beautiful. In the music video, he wears a tuxedo and has a full orchestra backing him; classic! I don't have, "Willie and Friends" but I have heard selections from it and thought it was great.
I agree with you; Willie is a very accomplished musician and song writer. I suppose you know he wrote the song,'Crazy', which Patsy Cline made famous. Yes, there is more to Willie Nelson than a pony tail, guitar and a twangy voice. lol
I gotta run this morning; I'll check in later on. Have a great day!
WKG

Joliet, IL

#84609 Jan 31, 2013
Good morning you guys. I woke up a little while ago FROZE, finally got up and turned the heat up. Dang did the temp drop or what!!! Come on spring!

@HilLogic You're welcome. I do like that crust. The coconut and chopped nuts make it good. It goes well with the cheese cake... and I bet something chocolate on it would be really good. Be sure to use regular cream cheese. I use fat free once and it turned out to be more like cream cheese soup! lol Maybe if I had cooked it longer it would have come out alright.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#84610 Jan 31, 2013
Yes, I knew Willie wrote Patsy's "Crazy". Willie is also a "word master" like :

"there are days when it please me
to be on my knees
following ants as they crawl cross the ground

I may not be normal
but nobody is,
and I'd like to say for I through
I'd have to be crazy, plumb out of my mind
TO FALL OUT OF LOVE WITH YOU.

WKG

Joliet, IL

#84611 Jan 31, 2013
Gone to see if I can get another hour of sleep. I hope so!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#84614 Jan 31, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@UNA.. Another famous sea-going quote was from Admiral David C. Farragut in the Civil War battle of Mobile Bay that had been mined (torpedoed), and is applicable to our postion on deleted posts or negative judge-its.
"D..mn the Torpedoes, Full Steam Ahead" LOL
Yep, sometimes I can can't remember who made the quotes. I would like to lay a mine field of exploding farts for a couple of folks. LOL.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#84615 Jan 31, 2013
can can't, lol. I've had my daily cup of java, but I haven't had my Diet Coke yet.

“Drug Treatment Florida”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#84616 Jan 31, 2013
It is very bad. save lives

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#84617 Jan 31, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Also if you have not heard him, check out "Billy Joe Shaver". Waylon and Willie credit him to being one of the best song writers and even wrote a few of their's. I especially like:
Get Behind me, Satan
I'm just an old lump of coal
Waylon and Willie have been favorites of mine for many years. I used to sing Willie songs to my babies. Now they're grown and gone.

Location hidden

#84618 Jan 31, 2013
HilLogic wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, yes! It is Willie's classics that I love best. My favorite Willie recording I mentioned earlier,'A Horse Called Music'; he does,'If I Were A Painting'; it is so beautiful. In the music video, he wears a tuxedo and has a full orchestra backing him; classic! I don't have, "Willie and Friends" but I have heard selections from it and thought it was great.
I agree with you; Willie is a very accomplished musician and song writer. I suppose you know he wrote the song,'Crazy', which Patsy Cline made famous. Yes, there is more to Willie Nelson than a pony tail, guitar and a twangy voice. lol
I gotta run this morning; I'll check in later on. Have a great day!
Yes, Willie is an accomplished song writer, and I was aware that he wrote songs for other entertainers. One of my favorite Willie collections is Red Headed Stranger.

Location hidden

#84619 Jan 31, 2013
Good morning, everyone. My, oh my, what got Theodore up so early in the morning? It's so cold out this morning compared to yesterday. I can't stand even brief cold snaps anymore.
WKG

Joliet, IL

#84620 Jan 31, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Good morning, everyone. My, oh my, what got Theodore up so early in the morning? It's so cold out this morning compared to yesterday. I can't stand even brief cold snaps anymore.
Good morning Lala. Yes,(sigh) looks like dear Una woke of thinking of me. lol Actually it sound like he might have tossed and turned all night with me on his mind. As you can see, he went to bed with me on his mind, now he's up and the first thing on his mind again, me. I am one POWERFUL woman! hehehe
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#84623 Jan 31, 2013
Ugly white stuff has skiffed across my lawn,, the "S" word has arrived. Best drink another pot of coffee and avoid touching it.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84624 Jan 31, 2013
Good morning birdthreaders. Hempburn, that wind blew in that white stuff here, just on the lawn sparing the driveway, roads, and sidewalk. I can deal with it when it does that. Major drop in temps with a cool 27 degrees, down to 13 tonight. Ugh.

Looks like Alaska had a big one this morning. I checked and it was clear for earthquakes in our half of the country.

Strong earthquake rattles southern Alaska
The magnitude-6.0 quake struck at about 1 a.m.

http://news.msn.com/us/strong-earthquake-ratt...

Stay warm everyone.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84625 Jan 31, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Waylon and Willie have been favorites of mine for many years. I used to sing Willie songs to my babies. Now they're grown and gone.
Good morning lala, I love Waylon and Willie, solo or together. I also like them with Kris and Johnny. The Highwaymen.

Good Hearted Woman - The Highwaymen

The Highwaymen - Highwayman
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Hope you have a good day, stay warm.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#84626 Jan 31, 2013
My favorite Willie Nelson on Youtube is "My Heroes have always Been Cowboys". It includes a slide show of old cowboy scenes from long ago.

Just a little dusting here.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84627 Jan 31, 2013
Good morning Ancient Wolf. I love Willie and Friends too. Especially Highwaymen. This is one of my favorites I thought of when I read your posts.

Waylon and Willie Old Friends
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84628 Jan 31, 2013
Thanks for the music suggestions this morning. I love these guys. Here you go lala, your favortie too.

Willie Nelson - Red Headed Stranger

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brett ledford 27 min Lung cancer 1
ad 34 min raddad 1
Has Rabbit and Jm fell out ? 44 min love to know 6
Mayor candidate Gary Williams Trash Talking oth... 2 hr Elder abuse 38
who will you vote for as jailer 2 hr County Worker 58
Durenda Lawson Lundy (god) she thanks (Mar '11) 2 hr worn out 35
Corbin's alchol sales bring in another big busi... 3 hr odd to me 5
who got arrested at bville walmart? Tue Ky Resident 4
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match