Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,660

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
HilLogic

London, KY

#84584 Jan 30, 2013
WKG wrote:
<quoted text>
HA! Funny! They just might have a point. lol
Oh yeah, for some reason that omlete was really good. I had my doubts about how good it would be on the beginning. Never had turkey in an omlete! lol I threw in a big ol' handful of jalapenos, wish they were a little warmer though. Everybody was talking about meatloaf yesterday so they have me making one today (out of deer meat). And a strawberry cheesecake!
Here's an easy cheesecake recipe:
2-8 oz pkgs cream cheese
1 c sugar
2 eggs
2 cans cherry pie filling (or whatever flavor you like)
Crust:
1 c chopped walnuts
1 1/4 c flour
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c butter
1/2 c coconut
Mix up the crust and press into a 9X13 pan and bake on 350 for 15 minutes. Mix cake mixture until smooth and creammy, spread over crust and bake at 375 for 15 minutes. Cool then spread pie filling on top.
So good but a diet buster! LOL
Thanks for the recipe. I haven't heard of a crust like it before. It does sound good though; I'll have to try it.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84585 Jan 30, 2013
betty wrote:
@aw -yes it is me.....thank you for your COOL remarks...lol. i also have a leak that i thought was fixed when we first moved here a year ago but it turned out not to be (or its a new one.... thorn in my side) hubby has been up there twice patching around... we had re patched and tarred the whole thing initially. i think its where my add on (which is built six inches taller than the rest ) meets the original roof and is just following the girders down toward the middle of the room... think hubby just patched above the spot where its coming in. who knows, guess we will just wait till the next dry day above fifty and im going to tell him to pour it on till it drips down the opposite side. if that dont work, ima get the Amish to build a roof on top of whats already there. hope the chickens are staying snuggly warm. with hubby going back to night shift my parinoia / insomnia is in high gear so im sure i will be posting for a while and will catch you during dog tree time soon.
@abeliever- every thing is going good here. me and hubby are doing fine, his doctors finally signed off on him getting his DL back so im not playing chauffeur any more.... only have to worry bout getting myself back and forth to work and school (thank you Jesus).... things are finally calming down and getting back to normal.... he returned to third shift also so im getting used to having my "me" time at night again (good and bad )
it was good talking to you all, and i will try and get back later
So glad to see you post again. Happy they cut your hubby lose to go do what he does. Are you still taking care of the kiddos? Did you see Una's comment on you. haha Still thinking of those "balls" and we all get along now. Go figure, who would of thought.:)

Did you hear anything about some standoff in Radcliff earlier tonight? Not too far from where you guys use to live. Guess the violence and crazies are everywhere. They were having one in Alabama where some nut went on a school bus and tried to get some 6 year old when the bus driver refused, he shot the bus driver 3 times and ran off with the kid. That was yesterday and they were still trying to get him out of the bunker last I heard. What a crazy world we live in.

I hope you didn't get much storm damage down your way. We were lucky most of it was across the river. Just wind now and a few flakes.

Take care girl, hope you come back. We miss you.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#84586 Jan 30, 2013
betty wrote:
@aw -yes it is me.....thank you for your COOL remarks...lol. i also have a leak that i thought was fixed when we first moved here a year ago but it turned out not to be (or its a new one.... thorn in my side) hubby has been up there twice patching around... we had re patched and tarred the whole thing initially. i think its where my add on (which is built six inches taller than the rest ) meets the original roof and is just following the girders down toward the middle of the room... think hubby just patched above the spot where its coming in. who knows, guess we will just wait till the next dry day above fifty and im going to tell him to pour it on till it drips down the opposite side. if that dont work, ima get the Amish to build a roof on top of whats already there. hope the chickens are staying snuggly warm. with hubby going back to night shift my parinoia / insomnia is in high gear so im sure i will be posting for a while and will catch you during dog tree time soon.
@abeliever- every thing is going good here. me and hubby are doing fine, his doctors finally signed off on him getting his DL back so im not playing chauffeur any more.... only have to worry bout getting myself back and forth to work and school (thank you Jesus).... things are finally calming down and getting back to normal.... he returned to third shift also so im getting used to having my "me" time at night again (good and bad )
it was good talking to you all, and i will try and get back later
Hello Betty, welcome back. Good to hear you are doing well. Bless you. Teddy Farter.
HilLogic

London, KY

#84587 Jan 30, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the song I was thinking about too, but I did not associate it with Machmo.
I know most people probably associate it more with Hank, Sr., if they know it at all.:-) It is surprising how many songs were made popular by other artists, but originated in Jazz or R&B. Louie is one of my favorites. I have a recording of a collection of his songs,'What A Wonderful World'; an all time great!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84588 Jan 30, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Some folks told me it got kind of rough around 3:00 AM. I think I slept through it. I woke up about 5:00 AM and wasn't in Munchkin Land. LOL.
Was the earthquake in Tn. several magnipoots? Hehehe.
It was rough here for awhile. I am glad we didn't wake up in Kansas. lol The worse stayed across the river which suit me just fine. You know we have been erased don't you. I know you are missing from mine and mine are there but minus the spam and nuts etc so I know they are gone. Guess we hit a nerve. I am done though. I know all I need to know now.

It was a small one 2.+ mag in Ridgely-Dyersburg, Tennessee I think. That made two or three earthquakes, although small, still in the Madrid Fault Area makes me take notice.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#84589 Jan 30, 2013
Is your neighbor a spy. The estimate is 854,000 spies are in the U.S. Over 70 separate organizations track gun sales. 1,271 government organizations and 1,931 private companies deal with counterterrorism. Each day the NSA intercepts over 1.7 billion emails and stores them in 70 separate databases that donít talk to each other, of Americans that have committed no crime. 33 building complexes in Washington DC are dedicated to top secret intelligence.

We don't think of these things much, but when you see the scope of it, and dig a little deeper, you find you are more of an opened book than you thought.
wow

Chicago, IL

#84590 Jan 30, 2013
Crazy
HilLogic

London, KY

#84591 Jan 30, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
Is your neighbor a spy. The estimate is 854,000 spies are in the U.S. Over 70 separate organizations track gun sales. 1,271 government organizations and 1,931 private companies deal with counterterrorism. Each day the NSA intercepts over 1.7 billion emails and stores them in 70 separate databases that donít talk to each other, of Americans that have committed no crime. 33 building complexes in Washington DC are dedicated to top secret intelligence.
We don't think of these things much, but when you see the scope of it, and dig a little deeper, you find you are more of an opened book than you thought.
If there is any intelligence in Washington it MUST be top secret because it certainly isn't showing. LOL
jen

Owensboro, KY

#84592 Jan 30, 2013
Poor birdies
i spy

AOL

#84593 Jan 30, 2013
I'm a spy -
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

in the house of love

I know the dream, that you're dreamin' of

I know the word that you long to hear
I know your deepest, secret fear

I'm a spy in the house of love
I know everything
Everything you do
Everywhere you go
Everyone you know

I'm a spy in the house of love
I'm a spy, I can see
What you do
And I know
WKG

Joliet, IL

#84594 Jan 30, 2013
HilLogic wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the recipe. I haven't heard of a crust like it before. It does sound good though; I'll have to try it.
Hi HilLogic. I was just trying out the cheese cake, pretty dang good. This recipe came out of an Amish cookbook. I forgot to tell you that I don't use a dish that big. The 9X13 makes it thinner than I like so I use something about half that big. I like the crust with the nuts and coconut but here is another one you can use with it:
1 1/2 sticks butter
2 cups graham crackers
1/4 cup sugar

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#84595 Jan 30, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
It was rough here for awhile. I am glad we didn't wake up in Kansas. lol The worse stayed across the river which suit me just fine. You know we have been erased don't you. I know you are missing from mine and mine are there but minus the spam and nuts etc so I know they are gone. Guess we hit a nerve. I am done though. I know all I need to know now.
It was a small one 2.+ mag in Ridgely-Dyersburg, Tennessee I think. That made two or three earthquakes, although small, still in the Madrid Fault Area makes me take notice.
I'm sure a lot of mine get erased. At least one of yours got it earlier, when you were unloading on some certian jerks. LOL. I don't even log out anymore to see if mine are missing. LOL. They think I care I suppose. We both have hit several nerves recently. You know AB, the truth will piss some people off more than a lie. I have just begun to fight. LOL. I think some famous guy said that, other than me of course. Hehehe.

Thanks for the magnipoot update. Lol. Really, anytime the earth shakes, it's a strange feeling.

Ab, I have noticed storms tend to follow rivers and lakes. Maybe that's the reason the main part stays North of you. Most storms that approach here go Northward toward Barren River Lake. I can stand outside and watch the clouds go toward the lake, we usually get the edge or none at all. In my lifetime I have only seen two storms turn back from the North and return southwest. Those two were ones that made you want to bend over and kiss your butt good bye. LOL.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#84596 Jan 30, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
They sure want to keep the book closed on me Humpaburn. I'm a walking talking gas chamber.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#84597 Jan 30, 2013
HilLogic wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is any intelligence in Washington it MUST be top secret because it certainly isn't showing. LOL
You got that right.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#84599 Jan 30, 2013
HilLogic wrote:
<quoted text>
I know most people probably associate it more with Hank, Sr., if they know it at all.:-) It is surprising how many songs were made popular by other artists, but originated in Jazz or R&B. Louie is one of my favorites. I have a recording of a collection of his songs,'What A Wonderful World'; an all time great!
I used to get out my hanky, show my teeth, gravel my voice and make people laugh with an imitation of "When the Saints go Marching In" or "Hello Dolly". LOL

But what goes around comes around and after some carotid artery surgery, I automatically have a gravelly voice and it is not all that laughable. Sorry Louis. Speaking of R&B, I have been on Youtube listening to B.B. King and Eric Clapton. Older Country and R&B are my choices in music. I even like Willie's versions of some of the old pop classics and I think he does "You were Always on My Mind" better than Elvis did. Seems to be a bit more from the heart.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#84600 Jan 30, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure a lot of mine get erased. At least one of yours got it earlier, when you were unloading on some certian jerks. LOL. I don't even log out anymore to see if mine are missing. LOL. They think I care I suppose. We both have hit several nerves recently. You know AB, the truth will piss some people off more than a lie. I have just begun to fight. LOL. I think some famous guy said that, other than me of course. Hehehe.
That famous person was "John Paul Jones" when he was asked to surrender his ship, my brain is not working well enough right now to remember the name of his ship.

Some of my posts get deleted or get negative judge-its, but I don't care. I post for entertainment and to limber up my arthritic fingers so that I can hold my coffee cup without spilling it. Plus people post things that activates my brain and is a hedge on "Old Timers" disease.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#84601 Jan 31, 2013
@Betty.. I am glad you are getting some "Me" time and welcome back. I sometimes get too much of that time. LOL

My roof leak is where the main metal roof breaks to go over a "lean-to" roof that was once the old porch here at the homestead but is now an entrance "mud area" and where my wood burning stove is located. It is not a bad leak, and the ceiling is not drywalled but recycled tongue and goove oak planking that is unlikely to rot out in my lifetime, The back wall is old recycled barn lumber (where I have my old trinkets hanging) and the floor is recycled brick work over concrete. So there is not much need to worry about it. Besides, if it isn't raining, it don't leak and when it is raining, it is to wet to get up there and fix it. hehehe
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#84602 Jan 31, 2013
@UNA.. Another famous sea-going quote was from Admiral David C. Farragut in the Civil War battle of Mobile Bay that had been mined (torpedoed), and is applicable to our postion on deleted posts or negative judge-its.

"D..mn the Torpedoes, Full Steam Ahead" LOL
HilLogic

London, KY

#84603 Jan 31, 2013
WKG wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi HilLogic. I was just trying out the cheese cake, pretty dang good. This recipe came out of an Amish cookbook. I forgot to tell you that I don't use a dish that big. The 9X13 makes it thinner than I like so I use something about half that big. I like the crust with the nuts and coconut but here is another one you can use with it:
1 1/2 sticks butter
2 cups graham crackers
1/4 cup sugar
Thanks for the updated info on the pan size. I love to cook and try new recipes; so I wasn't just saying it to be saying it; I will definitely be trying this new crust! It sounds delicious and if it came from an Amish cookbook, then I'm sure of it! I can make a regular old graham cracker crust anytime, but your Amish one is novel! Thanks again and have a great day!
HilLogic

London, KY

#84604 Jan 31, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to get out my hanky, show my teeth, gravel my voice and make people laugh with an imitation of "When the Saints go Marching In" or "Hello Dolly". LOL
But what goes around comes around and after some carotid artery surgery, I automatically have a gravelly voice and it is not all that laughable. Sorry Louis. Speaking of R&B, I have been on Youtube listening to B.B. King and Eric Clapton. Older Country and R&B are my choices in music. I even like Willie's versions of some of the old pop classics and I think he does "You were Always on My Mind" better than Elvis did. Seems to be a bit more from the heart.
Good Morning,'Ancient Wolf'. Thanks for giving me my first laugh of the day. I would've bought a ticket to see your Louie show.
B.B. King and Eric Clapton, now there's an unmatched duo! Did you see the clip of them in concert together? If not, you should. Eric only got better with age; I think 'Rush' is the most phenomenal music he ever did.'A Horse Called Music' is my favorite Willie recording. I have always appreciated every genre of music; well almost...Hip Hop, Head Banging, and Rap, not so much. lol But I have tried to find at least one piece of music from each category that I can appreciate. I must say, sometimes I have to dig deep to find something redeeming. LOL I hope you have a great day today!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 1 min The Apostle 7,149
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min harmonious 155,369
food stamps 8 min not right 42
knox board of ed raising taxes 21 min Enough said 118
Stealing from child's grave 31 min not right 3
Girls at Flatlick Dolar General? 39 min lolololol 16
Gary Martin 1 hr neighbor 2

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]