Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,729

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84569 Jan 30, 2013
UglyTruth wrote:
<quoted text>
High Abeliever :) Hoping you and everyone else here are nice and safe having a blessed day! You know I actually started reading this thread from the beginning last night? Wow you have been in from the get go and so has Ancient Wolf. I have made it a pretty good ways obviously not reading every single comment but most :) JustPlainFreaky really stands out intellectually as well. Hopefully I will read a bit further this evening lord willing. Well, fixing to take my lasagna out of the oven, yum yum =) Hope your fixing something yummy too! God Bless
Hello UglyTruth. Thank you. I hope you are doing safe and having a blessed day as well. Every day's a gift. Yeah, I have been here a long time, kept coming back due to the mystery of the birds dying we were trying to figure out and all the nice folks here, many I call my friends and even email with a few. I couldn't imagine going back and reading all that, but there were some real interesting conversations going on after the birds stop dropping dead. JPF/OJG and the anagram poster we call Sybil (really a guy), had very interesting comments going back and forth. We love her. She will be back. She posted a week or so ago. Work and moving has kept her busy. As Ancient Wolf posted, please skip over the ones I was mean in too. I use to fight with sybil, now I like him allot, same with Unafarter, Imposter and a few of their friends. We got past it all and call them my friends as well. I am sure you will learn allot about us if you keep reading. Sure wish some of them would come back. I had hoped they would when winter moved in. A few have from time to time.

That lasagna sounds so good. I almost made that, but lacked a few ingredients so I made Spagetti, salad and garlic bread.

I hope you come back and add to the thread. Especially since you are reading that far back you might have some questions or comments yourself. We'd be happy to share our thoughts with you.

You have a wonderful evening and may God Bless you as well.:)
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84570 Jan 30, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Hi Ugly Truth. Do me a favor and skip the post ot two where I was nasty to people LOL
Ditto for me. lol
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84571 Jan 30, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
raining hard here now, I need to put a bucket under a leak in the roof. I hope my bucket don't have a hole in it. Oh well if it does, it will make mopping the floor easier. LOL
Same here AW, and lots of wind whipping around out there. I am glad we were spared all the tornados. You have a leak? I find that hard to believe. Grab that bucket and next time your sons are there and weather permits you can fix it yourself I am sure. Just don't try it alone. Don't want nothing to happen to you. One of Hempburn's crows might be in your area and dive bomb you. lol

Have a good evening. These Super Bowl commercials on CBS are cracking me up. Especially the one about the Clydesdale horses playing football and a naked sheep comes through streaking. Too funny.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84572 Jan 30, 2013
Robert Fripp wrote:
Maybe it's Anti Aircraft flak that is killing the birds?
Hi Robert, tell us more. I don't think we heard that theory.
Anagram

Stanton, KY

#84573 Jan 30, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello UglyTruth. Thank you. I hope you are doing safe and having a blessed day as well. Every day's a gift. Yeah, I have been here a long time, kept coming back due to the mystery of the birds dying we were trying to figure out and all the nice folks here, many I call my friends and even email with a few. I couldn't imagine going back and reading all that, but there were some real interesting conversations going on after the birds stop dropping dead. JPF/OJG and the anagram poster we call Sybil (really a guy), had very interesting comments going back and forth. We love her. She will be back. She posted a week or so ago. Work and moving has kept her busy. As Ancient Wolf posted, please skip over the ones I was mean in too. I use to fight with sybil, now I like him allot, same with Unafarter, Imposter and a few of their friends. We got past it all and call them my friends as well. I am sure you will learn allot about us if you keep reading. Sure wish some of them would come back. I had hoped they would when winter moved in. A few have from time to time.
That lasagna sounds so good. I almost made that, but lacked a few ingredients so I made Spagetti, salad and garlic bread.
I hope you come back and add to the thread. Especially since you are reading that far back you might have some questions or comments yourself. We'd be happy to share our thoughts with you.
You have a wonderful evening and may God Bless you as well.:)
I actually went back to the beginning of this thread too and started reading those early posts from two years ago. This was a very active thread from the very beginning and I think I joined the conversation after about the third week. I feel a sense of nostalgia when I read those conversations and at the same time it also feels like time has stood still since then. We have talked about a lot and have been through many changes, yet we are more or less the same (reminds of lyrics to 'The Boxer' from Simon and Garfunkel). I miss a lot of the old posters, even the ones I argued with. It was a really good thread back then. I wish some of the old regulars would come back.
Anagram

Stanton, KY

#84574 Jan 30, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Ditto for me. lol
me too
i hear

AOL

#84575 Jan 30, 2013
the regulars are still around ,..
they just change their names
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84576 Jan 30, 2013
Anagram wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually went back to the beginning of this thread too and started reading those early posts from two years ago. This was a very active thread from the very beginning and I think I joined the conversation after about the third week. I feel a sense of nostalgia when I read those conversations and at the same time it also feels like time has stood still since then. We have talked about a lot and have been through many changes, yet we are more or less the same (reminds of lyrics to 'The Boxer' from Simon and Garfunkel). I miss a lot of the old posters, even the ones I argued with. It was a really good thread back then. I wish some of the old regulars would come back.
Maybe next time I am bored I will do the same instead of investigating. lol It would be great to just reread all the good ones anyway. We have covered a lot of ground on many subjects, had our ups and downs, but have grown from it as well. I know if I do I will be sorry for some of the things I said to you so just let me apologize now. I am sorry. I really liked you long before I said I did.:) I certainly agree with more than I let on do to the DOD career and military life, alot of what you say isn't far fetched. I seen enough to believe about anything from our gov't. lol It was a good thread back then, full of lots of interesting stuff and less hate and fighting. Oh well, it is what it is. I am done with it. I am ignoring all the crap from now on (at least I will try, haha). I do miss alot of the good people who brightened my day just with their name appearing, like Peace, Watch, a few others no longer here. Glad you hung in there with us. I was happy to see Betty drop in today. OJG should be back soon. Almost settle in her new place.

I hope you are having a great evening.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84577 Jan 30, 2013
i hear wrote:
the regulars are still around ,..
they just change their names
Don't think so. The original regulars would not do that and if they did they would say so. Like when JPF changed to OJG. Anagram (Sybil) always changes with most post, but we know it is him. HE doesn't try to hide it. Maybe some of the latest regulars do though.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#84578 Jan 30, 2013
I don't change my name...I think I am pretty regular...but I'm not on THIS post as much as I use to.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84579 Jan 30, 2013
No, Roaming, I don't think anyone would put you in that category. You have been here awhile. You are usually short and sweet and out. Mostly one liners. lol

Hope you didn't have any damage down your way since you are so close to Tennesssee and apparently they did. Tornado and a small Earthquake. I didn't see Una post any damage in that area.

Have a good evening.
Belie

Stanton, KY

#84580 Jan 30, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe next time I am bored I will do the same instead of investigating. lol It would be great to just reread all the good ones anyway. We have covered a lot of ground on many subjects, had our ups and downs, but have grown from it as well. I know if I do I will be sorry for some of the things I said to you so just let me apologize now. I am sorry. I really liked you long before I said I did.:)
I hope you are having a great evening.
(blushing) you're making me feel warm and fuzzy 8 )
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#84581 Jan 30, 2013
@aw -yes it is me.....thank you for your COOL remarks...lol. i also have a leak that i thought was fixed when we first moved here a year ago but it turned out not to be (or its a new one.... thorn in my side) hubby has been up there twice patching around... we had re patched and tarred the whole thing initially. i think its where my add on (which is built six inches taller than the rest ) meets the original roof and is just following the girders down toward the middle of the room... think hubby just patched above the spot where its coming in. who knows, guess we will just wait till the next dry day above fifty and im going to tell him to pour it on till it drips down the opposite side. if that dont work, ima get the Amish to build a roof on top of whats already there. hope the chickens are staying snuggly warm. with hubby going back to night shift my parinoia / insomnia is in high gear so im sure i will be posting for a while and will catch you during dog tree time soon.

@abeliever- every thing is going good here. me and hubby are doing fine, his doctors finally signed off on him getting his DL back so im not playing chauffeur any more.... only have to worry bout getting myself back and forth to work and school (thank you Jesus).... things are finally calming down and getting back to normal.... he returned to third shift also so im getting used to having my "me" time at night again (good and bad )
it was good talking to you all, and i will try and get back later

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#84582 Jan 30, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
No, Roaming, I don't think anyone would put you in that category. You have been here awhile. You are usually short and sweet and out. Mostly one liners. lol
Hope you didn't have any damage down your way since you are so close to Tennesssee and apparently they did. Tornado and a small Earthquake. I didn't see Una post any damage in that area.
Have a good evening.
Some folks told me it got kind of rough around 3:00 AM. I think I slept through it. I woke up about 5:00 AM and wasn't in Munchkin Land. LOL.

Was the earthquake in Tn. several magnipoots? Hehehe.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84583 Jan 30, 2013
Belie wrote:
<quoted text>
(blushing) you're making me feel warm and fuzzy 8 )
:)
HilLogic

London, KY

#84584 Jan 30, 2013
WKG wrote:
<quoted text>
HA! Funny! They just might have a point. lol
Oh yeah, for some reason that omlete was really good. I had my doubts about how good it would be on the beginning. Never had turkey in an omlete! lol I threw in a big ol' handful of jalapenos, wish they were a little warmer though. Everybody was talking about meatloaf yesterday so they have me making one today (out of deer meat). And a strawberry cheesecake!
Here's an easy cheesecake recipe:
2-8 oz pkgs cream cheese
1 c sugar
2 eggs
2 cans cherry pie filling (or whatever flavor you like)
Crust:
1 c chopped walnuts
1 1/4 c flour
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c butter
1/2 c coconut
Mix up the crust and press into a 9X13 pan and bake on 350 for 15 minutes. Mix cake mixture until smooth and creammy, spread over crust and bake at 375 for 15 minutes. Cool then spread pie filling on top.
So good but a diet buster! LOL
Thanks for the recipe. I haven't heard of a crust like it before. It does sound good though; I'll have to try it.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84585 Jan 30, 2013
betty wrote:
@aw -yes it is me.....thank you for your COOL remarks...lol. i also have a leak that i thought was fixed when we first moved here a year ago but it turned out not to be (or its a new one.... thorn in my side) hubby has been up there twice patching around... we had re patched and tarred the whole thing initially. i think its where my add on (which is built six inches taller than the rest ) meets the original roof and is just following the girders down toward the middle of the room... think hubby just patched above the spot where its coming in. who knows, guess we will just wait till the next dry day above fifty and im going to tell him to pour it on till it drips down the opposite side. if that dont work, ima get the Amish to build a roof on top of whats already there. hope the chickens are staying snuggly warm. with hubby going back to night shift my parinoia / insomnia is in high gear so im sure i will be posting for a while and will catch you during dog tree time soon.
@abeliever- every thing is going good here. me and hubby are doing fine, his doctors finally signed off on him getting his DL back so im not playing chauffeur any more.... only have to worry bout getting myself back and forth to work and school (thank you Jesus).... things are finally calming down and getting back to normal.... he returned to third shift also so im getting used to having my "me" time at night again (good and bad )
So glad to see you post again. Happy they cut your hubby lose to go do what he does. Are you still taking care of the kiddos? Did you see Una's comment on you. haha Still thinking of those "balls" and we all get along now. Go figure, who would of thought.:)

Did you hear anything about some standoff in Radcliff earlier tonight? Not too far from where you guys use to live. Guess the violence and crazies are everywhere. They were having one in Alabama where some nut went on a school bus and tried to get some 6 year old when the bus driver refused, he shot the bus driver 3 times and ran off with the kid. That was yesterday and they were still trying to get him out of the bunker last I heard. What a crazy world we live in.

I hope you didn't get much storm damage down your way. We were lucky most of it was across the river. Just wind now and a few flakes.

Take care girl, hope you come back. We miss you.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#84586 Jan 30, 2013
betty wrote:
Hello Betty, welcome back. Good to hear you are doing well. Bless you. Teddy Farter.
HilLogic

London, KY

#84587 Jan 30, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the song I was thinking about too, but I did not associate it with Machmo.
I know most people probably associate it more with Hank, Sr., if they know it at all.:-) It is surprising how many songs were made popular by other artists, but originated in Jazz or R&B. Louie is one of my favorites. I have a recording of a collection of his songs,'What A Wonderful World'; an all time great!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84588 Jan 30, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Some folks told me it got kind of rough around 3:00 AM. I think I slept through it. I woke up about 5:00 AM and wasn't in Munchkin Land. LOL.
Was the earthquake in Tn. several magnipoots? Hehehe.
It was rough here for awhile. I am glad we didn't wake up in Kansas. lol The worse stayed across the river which suit me just fine. You know we have been erased don't you. I know you are missing from mine and mine are there but minus the spam and nuts etc so I know they are gone. Guess we hit a nerve. I am done though. I know all I need to know now.

It was a small one 2.+ mag in Ridgely-Dyersburg, Tennessee I think. That made two or three earthquakes, although small, still in the Madrid Fault Area makes me take notice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jason hughes 1 hr Cuzzo 9
jessica napier 3 hr hmm 1
brandon bryson 3 hr old friend 4
food stamp office 3 hr Jdp889 15
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 5 hr _Zoey_ 3,608
teena Marie mills 5 hr Flatlick 4
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr dollarsbill 132,148
praying it's all a lie 13 hr Just the truth 5
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Wed dad 52
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:45 am PST

NFL10:45AM
One Preview: Steelers could ride 'Triplets' to division title
NFL11:45 AM
Injury roundup: A.J. Green misses Bengals practice
NBC Sports12:17 PM
Jurrell Casey won't go to Pro Bowl as an alternate
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
NBC Sports 6:16 AM
A.J. Green's injured arm "feeling a little better"