Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
71,021 - 71,040 of 81,565 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
WKG

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

betty wrote:
power is out at work so im sitting at home doing great:)
Some storms do have a silver lining huh? lol We didn't lose power last night. Not many years ago we would lose it frequently! I think a lot of the local tree trimming helped that. Enjoy your time at home!:)
WKG

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
*You all stay SAFE out there... Sorry, not much sleep last night due to the winds.
Hey Nope. I'm glad you made it through the storm okay.
I had MUCH rather be "saved" than safe any day! lol I don't know about you but personally, I think the keys on my keyboard move sometimes. LOL
WKG

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just a mute stalker/troll, "Mixer". We don't even pay attention to them any more. It's obvious who was doing it a long time ago anyway. When they DON'T show up, it's an oddity, LOL! But the pieces started to fall together eventually and was easy to see who it probably is.
It ain't nuthin' but a thang, baby..
:)
Don't be chased off by it! Those little dim bulbs and frowning faces don't amount to a hill of beans anyway. We really do have some funny talks in here sometimes, hehe! Stick around and join us!! The more, the merrier!!
I do post from a smart phone and on the mobile site I can't even see the judging icons or the locations YET some dimwit accuses me of doing all of the "judging" and "spinning my location" ...yada yada yada! LOL It is really funny sometimes how they do the judging then blame me for it. They are creative! LOL My favorite is when they actually give me good judging icons then blame me for doing it myself. Too funny! LOL I can see them now doing it then as soon as they do hollering, "Ohhhh look what she did!!! Fake! Fake! Fake!" LOL The dimwit rant over that yesterday had me rolling.
HilLogic

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

WKG wrote:
@Mixer, Betty & HilLogic... hi and I hope you are safe too!:)
Thanks, WKG. Yes, I survived the storm with no damage, thankfully. The wind woke me at 3:00 AM; I got up, turned on TWC and checked outside periodically to access the sky. Sleep being illusive at that point, I drank coffee and kept watch. I actually enjoy watching storms; but I also have a great deal of respect for them; the same with snakes. lol
I could see the storm at first light. It was a black, nasty looking thing coming out of the southwest. I dressed hurriedly at that point, just in case; so as not to be caught in my skivvies. LOL
And as long as I was up, it seemed like a good morning for sausage, homemade biscuit and gravy. It sure was good with the morning coffee! Hope everyone is having a great day so far!
?

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Who cares get over it.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Sagittarius-Mister
The risk of a headache is strong; try to lead a more regular, relaxed life. You need to do some serious soul searching today and ask yourself some painful questions. Someone close to you who appears to be very solicitous may have their own agenda, so be on your guard. Take extra precautions ...

An old man calls out to a Mr.Fake at home in the middle of the night, Iíve fallen and I can't get up. I need your hand to come and help me up. I heard him say I tried my best to get up on my own. The old man waited and waited as long as his body would let him on the floor, NO call back NO show up. He didnít want to interfere with the gentleman at work; he didnít want him to loose his new job like the Mr.Fake did. The gentleman didnít mind was happy to help had a good heart. The Boss who wouldnít have it any other way was very understanding. Thank god for people who still have a heart.

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
WKG

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

HilLogic wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, WKG. Yes, I survived the storm with no damage, thankfully. The wind woke me at 3:00 AM; I got up, turned on TWC and checked outside periodically to access the sky. Sleep being illusive at that point, I drank coffee and kept watch. I actually enjoy watching storms; but I also have a great deal of respect for them; the same with snakes. lol
I could see the storm at first light. It was a black, nasty looking thing coming out of the southwest. I dressed hurriedly at that point, just in case; so as not to be caught in my skivvies. LOL
And as long as I was up, it seemed like a good morning for sausage, homemade biscuit and gravy. It sure was good with the morning coffee! Hope everyone is having a great day so far!
Hi HilLogic. The storm passed through here last night from about 10-ish until about 12:30-1:00. I was up so it didn't mess with my sleep. I know, it is strange but I kind of like storms too. I just hate it when people get hurt or have property damage. Like you, I do respect them. When the wind started blowing real good I stood at the corner of my porch and had a Leonardo DiCaprio in the Titanic moment. LOL ...but then a small voice said, "get in the house dummy!" LOL
I bet your biscuits and gravy were good. I stir fried some jalapeno peppers (not hot), onion, and turkey then added a couple eggs and cheese for an omlete. It was actually the best one I have had in a long time.
You take care, glad you made it through the storm okay. Have a good one!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I will go watch Benny Hill doing Boots Randolph's Yakkety Sax. LOL
Good choice AW. Benny Hill is free, Benny Hinn has to have lots of money.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Inside job you should know all about that kind of work. You shouldnít be using your pet that way. Talk for yourself.
HilLogic

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

I just saw some video from Adairsville, GA; looks like those folks down there didn't weather the storm so well; a lot of wind damage.

WKG, your omelet sounds wonderful, and I'm sure it was! And speaking of food, reminded me of a funny email I received. I'll share it.
1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
3.. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans..
5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
6. The French eat lots of rich food and drink tons of wine and have fewer heart attacks than Americans.
Conclusion:
Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.

And to add my own note: I think stress is one of the biggest killers and laughter helps us live longer - and happier! So, my advise is to laugh more and stress less!
dagon

Rockholds, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

HilLogic wrote:
I just saw some video from Adairsville, GA; looks like those folks down there didn't weather the storm so well; a lot of wind damage.
WKG, your omelet sounds wonderful, and I'm sure it was! And speaking of food, reminded me of a funny email I received. I'll share it.
1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
3.. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans..
5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
6. The French eat lots of rich food and drink tons of wine and have fewer heart attacks than Americans.
Conclusion:
And to add my own note: I think stress is one of the biggest killers and laughter helps us live longer - and happier! So, my advise is to laugh more and stress less!
stress is the number 1 cause of dis-"ease".
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

betty wrote:
<quoted text>
mine tend to leave them beheaded on my welcome mat. no wonder the Egyptians worshiped them...... you can cross a dog and five minutes later all they want is a petting and to lay at your feet. you cross a cat and your house gets ransacked, your shoes get peed in, and you wake up with unexplained scratch marks. i have never met a cat that didn't have some sort of personality disorder either. maybe the egyptians walked funny because they strolled with their backs pressed against the walls so they could see the furry little schizos coming.
Hello Betty, welcome back! Please give the group an email and let us know how you and hubby are doing? I missed your humor here. You are so right about those cats. I had one that use to bring it's kills to the door like an offering, although fully intact. She would crack me up, open the door, mouse, bird or baby rabbit on mat, she would look at me like "hey, I was busy last night, here you go, now let me in to eat tender vittles. hahah I miss that cat. Had her 8 years. She was funny. Love the Egyptian comment. Too funny. Have a great day and come back more often. OJG should be back soon. Great seeing "betty" on the list of posters.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

HilLogic wrote:
Conclusion:
I seen that too. Makes you wonder huh? I guess Americans are just too uptight. hahaa You are right, laughter helps, and all one has to do is read topix to get some. I have a pretty witty family and friends are too. They make me laugh so hard sometimes my stomach aches like I have been swinging on the uneven parallel bars. haha I find that being retired has lowered my stress more than anything. No pressure.

Have a great day.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Betty, welcome back! Please give the group an email and let us know how you and hubby are doing? I missed your humor here. You are so right about those cats. I had one that use to bring it's kills to the door like an offering, although fully intact. She would crack me up, open the door, mouse, bird or baby rabbit on mat, she would look at me like "hey, I was busy last night, here you go, now let me in to eat tender vittles. hahah I miss that cat. Had her 8 years. She was funny. Love the Egyptian comment. Too funny. Have a great day and come back more often. OJG should be back soon. Great seeing "betty" on the list of posters.
AB, is that the origional bulls balls Betty? Cool if it is, running over those chrome bull balls and ruining the tire rim, LOL. She is so cool.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Out of here to pay bills and get stamps at the PO. I hope you all have a great day and don't have much of a clean up from the storms.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
AB, is that the origional bulls balls Betty? Cool if it is, running over those chrome bull balls and ruining the tire rim, LOL. She is so cool.
I am not AB, but I am pretty sure it is based on location and what she posted about the power being out at work etc. She is cool, and has a great sense of humor and this thread can use all the humor it can get. People are just too uptight about things that don't matter all that much.

AB is certainly right about retiring removing the stress. I don't have nearly the material things that I once had, but I don't have the stress that goes with it either and I already had the heart attack which is why I am adamant about my exercise and Peaceful life-style.

Oh silly Benny Hill was free and on you tube. I knew one of his routines including music from Boots Randolph's Yakkety sax, and sure enough I found it.
WKG

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Bored? Check out the tallest hotal in the world - the 7 star Burj Al-Arab in Dubai, United Arab Emmerites. And we wonder why gas prices are so high.

The outside water fountain: http://www.youtube.com/watch...

The Jumping Fountain inside the hotel: http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Helicopter landing on the hotel: http://www.youtube.com/watch... (I like the other scenery in this one! lol)

A closer look at the helipad with some tennis pros: http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Inside a hotel room: http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Inside the hotel: http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Nightime view from another hotel: http://www.youtube.com/watch...

***More inside hotel: http://www.youtube.com/watch...

At night: http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Hi, AW. Glad your hens made it through the storm. I had to chase Stein outside to find the tree. He does NOT like to get his tush wet. You are right about having a sense of humor. People do get uptight over the silliest of things, and none of it really matters. I need to get more exercise. I put the weight back on that I lost this spring. That's not so bad, but I don't want to gain any more. I'll pop in from time to time to see what is bandied about.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not AB, but I am pretty sure it is based on location and what she posted about the power being out at work etc. She is cool, and has a great sense of humor and this thread can use all the humor it can get. People are just too uptight about things that don't matter all that much.
AB is certainly right about retiring removing the stress. I don't have nearly the material things that I once had, but I don't have the stress that goes with it either and I already had the heart attack which is why I am adamant about my exercise and Peaceful life-style.
Oh silly Benny Hill was free and on you tube. I knew one of his routines including music from Boots Randolph's Yakkety sax, and sure enough I found it.
You got that right, AW. I thought that was the same Betty. Lol. Hilarious and a good sport about everything. The first thing I remembered about her was her hitting those chrome bull balls laying in the street, running upon a curb, bursting a tire and warping an aluminum rim on her car. I know some including mself refered to her as bull balls Betty for a while. She's a nice person. That Benny Hill is a nut. LOL. Funny stuff though.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just a mute stalker/troll, "Mixer". We don't even pay attention to them any more. It's obvious who was doing it a long time ago anyway. When they DON'T show up, it's an oddity, LOL! But the pieces started to fall together eventually and was easy to see who it probably is.
It ain't nuthin' but a thang, baby..
:)
Don't be chased off by it! Those little dim bulbs and frowning faces don't amount to a hill of beans anyway. We really do have some funny talks in here sometimes, hehe! Stick around and join us!! The more, the merrier!!
What is a "mixer?"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min wtf 147,247
New club in Barbourville? 2 hr Bville resident 13
Teresa Johnson and Rex 5 hr wondering 5
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr spaceship 129,040
john sowders 6 hr Lay student 10
Please Ladies answer this question for me 6 hr LMAO 7
Who will barbourvilles NEW police chief 6 hr Jack 22
•••
•••