Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,550)

Showing posts 70,981 - 71,000 of81,563
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

WKG wrote:
I'm going out to batton down the hatch. If I blow away, nice knowing you.
On my. You just reminded me, I left some house plants out on the porch today.. Better go out and get them right now before I forget they're out there. I'd hate for those to get harmed. I'll be back in a minute or so too.
WKG

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

I made it! It is WINDY out there! The wind seems to be coming out of the south so maybe it will miss y'all. Lightening is flashing across the west. This is not good, it is 70 degrees out there! Just heard a mobile home has been blow over, in IL I think - trees down too. I hope nobody gets hurt!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Dang. I hate this off kilter weather. The Earths climate is in complete turmoil. There were just two moths flying around my porch light when I went out to be my houseplants.

Seriously? MOTHS?? In January??

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Went out to *get my house plants.
Not to "BE", LOL!
:)
WKG

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Dang. I hate this off kilter weather. The Earths climate is in complete turmoil. There were just two moths flying around my porch light when I went out to be my houseplants.
Seriously? MOTHS?? In January??
We still have dang flies coming in the house. I have about give up on killing them, may as well make pets out of them. We have had some bad storms when the weather gets warm in the winter.

It's not raining here yet.
WKG

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

The line of storms is laying right down the New Madrid fault line right now.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

I hope you're all okay over that way. I just heard a few mild gusts out there. My winds chimes rang. And it was the huge ones, not the tiny ones. So it must have been a healthy gust of wind.

BTW: I just turned the sound back up on the t.v. and saw that Aaron Neville is on Jay Leno in a few minutes, if you like him. I saw the Neville Brothers quite a few times down in New Orleans years ago.
I've always enjoyed his music.
WKG

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I hope you're all okay over that way. I just heard a few mild gusts out there. My winds chimes rang. And it was the huge ones, not the tiny ones. So it must have been a healthy gust of wind.
BTW: I just turned the sound back up on the t.v. and saw that Aaron Neville is on Jay Leno in a few minutes, if you like him. I saw the Neville Brothers quite a few times down in New Orleans years ago.
I've always enjoyed his music.
It has started raining here. The storm is moving kind of slow. I'm pretty sure it will miss most of y'all because it is going pretty much north and not as much east. I don't think we'll get much Leno, weather coverage instead.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

I don't blame you. I switched over to the weather channel online and it does show it moving north, although the wind gusts could reach 57 miles per hour. And unless I misunderstood again, Lex18 said that it may be 6 a.m. before it hits here. The wind advisories though are in effect until 10 a.m.

It's already getting really windy here just in the last hour. I can hear more gusts outside now.

I'm not overly worried, I've had the large trees cut down that were not very safe and the wood line is far enough back that should any of those trees or branches fall, there would be a slim chance of anything hitting the house.

You all stay safe over there. I think I'll go to bed. I'm still not feeling very well tonight for some reason.

Good night.
WKG

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I don't blame you. I switched over to the weather channel online and it does show it moving north, although the wind gusts could reach 57 miles per hour. And unless I misunderstood again, Lex18 said that it may be 6 a.m. before it hits here. The wind advisories though are in effect until 10 a.m.
It's already getting really windy here just in the last hour. I can hear more gusts outside now.
I'm not overly worried, I've had the large trees cut down that were not very safe and the wood line is far enough back that should any of those trees or branches fall, there would be a slim chance of anything hitting the house.
You all stay safe over there. I think I'll go to bed. I'm still not feeling very well tonight for some reason.
Good night.
The storm is getting weaker. Maybe it will fizzle out before it gets to you. You take care too. Good night.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Wind woke me at 2:30 am EST. Dog decided he better run out to the tree before he wound up in the next county. He is holding down the couch now.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Good chance I will lose power soon. Power lines running through the boondocks will surely find a few tree limbs somewhere. They always seem to. Just glad I don't work for the electric company on nights like this. Not a good night to be up in a cherry picker.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

And more is on the way. 50 mph winds here, under tornado warning. Pouring as fast as it can come down. Woke my butt up around 4:00 am EST. Scary.

Hope everyone stays safe.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

60mph winds and taking cover now. Hope the power doesn't go. The weather map on WAVE 3 is lit up. Heading your way AW, lala...

Good luck everyone.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

4:45 am EST.. still have power and wind has settled some, not as bad as couple hours ago.. maybe just calm before the storm
mixer

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

I am new to this site can embody explain what all the symbols are for. These comments seems nice but got mean faces on em whats at all about
HilLogic

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

I am new to this thread as well, but I think the symbols you referred to are put there by people who are angry because they are incapable of expressing themselves verbally through intelligent dialog and therefore must resort to posting nasty symbols.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

people tend to judge post based on their personal feelings towards others....rather than weather or not intelligent or nice conversation is taking place.

at the right time of day you could say the sun is out and the sky is blue and and get mean faces, off light bulbs and peanuts

or you could spout a full line of !@%$#!^$!^ profanity and get smileys and hearts.

been that way since the beginning of the thread.... just ignore it :)
HilLogic

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Good morning, KY neighbors! I hope everyone remains safe today. School has been cancelled for today in Laurel Co., as the storm is due to hit at the time the buses would be on the road. I'm sure that is a relief to all parents of school age children.
I will keep a watch on TWC along with prayers for safety of everyone in the path of the storms. Batten down the hatches and have a great day!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

WKG wrote:
I made it! It is WINDY out there! The wind seems to be coming out of the south so maybe it will miss y'all. Lightening is flashing across the west. This is not good, it is 70 degrees out there! Just heard a mobile home has been blow over, in IL I think - trees down too. I hope nobody gets hurt!
Sounds terrible out here, but winds are abating just a little. I have to go to a doctor's appointment in Shepardsville (just outside of Louisville)this morning. Hubby drives, but I still don't like to go on the highways when weather is bad. I'm a little gunshy about wet roads because of hydroplaning.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 70,981 - 71,000 of81,563
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

28 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 29 min wtf 146,064
Orange water 1 hr particals 2
Billy Lake (Sep '11) 2 hr ash 31
Pull an absess tooth? is that dangerous (Sep '08) 2 hr jacqueline buskey 39
ashley lake (Apr '12) 2 hr justsaying 20
Greg Simpson and Betsy Cecil stealing 2 hr ash 12
Beautiful selfies on Facebook 2 hr justasking 37
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters