Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,722

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Buck Dharma

Elizabethtown, KY

#84435 Jan 29, 2013
Maybe someone shot'em?

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#84436 Jan 29, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you wish that you could go back in time,for just one day???I'm trying to grow old gracefully, but it's not working out as I hoped it would. Oh, well. That's life, I guess.
It might be nice for a day Lala. Lol. Looking back I see a lot of mistakes, but I don't see any regrets of leaving anything undone. It gets kind of tough sometimes with aches and pains, but I don't think I would want to go back in time for very long. Lol. I always figured I had it better than I deserved.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#84437 Jan 29, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you wish that you could go back in time,for just one day???I'm trying to grow old gracefully, but it's not working out as I hoped it would. Oh, well. That's life, I guess.
Good evening, Lala. Good to see you on here tonight.

I'm feel like I'm just plain growing old, no graceful to it and it seems to be going downhill pretty fast.. Guess my old life just caught up to me.. It didn't just tap me on the shoulder, either. It plain tackled me, LOL! Old(er) age isn't golden like we've been taught to believe, is it....

Where is everyone tonight I wonder?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#84438 Jan 29, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
It might be nice for a day Lala. Lol. Looking back I see a lot of mistakes, but I don't see any regrets of leaving anything undone. It gets kind of tough sometimes with aches and pains, but I don't think I would want to go back in time for very long. Lol. I always figured I had it better than I deserved.
I have very few minor regrets, and much more to be thankful about. I do have a problem about ageing, though. My mind sees the younger me, being able to ride horses, do heavy barn work. I had the stamina to raise kids, do housework, and have a career all at the same time. Now I need to rest part way through daily household chores. I sometimes think that I can do more than my body is willing or able to do. My memory was sharp, and I lived, loved, and laughed with all my heart. Now things are winding down like an old clock. Our little guy needs us, so I will still go on as long as my Creator wishes.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#84439 Jan 29, 2013
Oh what a fun day! That wind is something else!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#84440 Jan 29, 2013
Well, I'm going to call it a night. May you all have pleasant dreams.
WKG

Chicago, IL

#84443 Jan 29, 2013
Thunderstorm Warnings, Tornado Watches, Wind Advisories ... fun fun fun!!! The wind is roaring out there!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#84444 Jan 29, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Well, I'm going to call it a night. May you all have pleasant dreams.
Yep, Lala my mind tells me I am still 18, then my body reminds me of what a fool I am for thinking such things. Lol.

Good night Lala.

#84445 Jan 29, 2013
WKG wrote:
Thunderstorm Warnings, Tornado Watches, Wind Advisories ... fun fun fun!!! The wind is roaring out there!
Just watched the weather on the 10:00 news. You're right, we're in for a rocky day tomorrow they said. Guess if we had our choice, it's better for these storms to roll in during the daylight hours.

I don't like severe storms at night. You can't see anything out there. Better to have them with some light outside if we have to have them at all.

#84446 Jan 29, 2013
By the way, WKG, it's really calm here. You have bad winds already?

So is something headed toward south central KY tonight? I thought they said it would hit sometime in the early morning? I didn't pay very good attention to it apparently..
WKG

Chicago, IL

#84448 Jan 29, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
By the way, WKG, it's really calm here. You have bad winds already?
So is something headed toward south central KY tonight? I thought they said it would hit sometime in the early morning? I didn't pay very good attention to it apparently..
It is headed our way from the west. Windy here but already bad in MO, IL, AR. Already quite a bit of damage in MO - roofs blown off, semi blown over, etc. It is usually headed sort of north-east across here so most of it it will probably go above you in the south, at least most of it. Its going to come across here and west TN. I believe the worst of it will be over by 1am. It does seem to almost always come at night!
WKG

Chicago, IL

#84449 Jan 29, 2013
I'm going out to batton down the hatch. If I blow away, nice knowing you. Make Lala kiss Una for me. hahahahaha Be back in a few minutes.

#84450 Jan 29, 2013
WKG wrote:
I'm going out to batton down the hatch. If I blow away, nice knowing you.
On my. You just reminded me, I left some house plants out on the porch today.. Better go out and get them right now before I forget they're out there. I'd hate for those to get harmed. I'll be back in a minute or so too.
WKG

Chicago, IL

#84451 Jan 29, 2013
I made it! It is WINDY out there! The wind seems to be coming out of the south so maybe it will miss y'all. Lightening is flashing across the west. This is not good, it is 70 degrees out there! Just heard a mobile home has been blow over, in IL I think - trees down too. I hope nobody gets hurt!

#84452 Jan 29, 2013
Dang. I hate this off kilter weather. The Earths climate is in complete turmoil. There were just two moths flying around my porch light when I went out to be my houseplants.

Seriously? MOTHS?? In January??

#84453 Jan 29, 2013
Went out to *get my house plants.
Not to "BE", LOL!
:)
WKG

Chicago, IL

#84454 Jan 29, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Dang. I hate this off kilter weather. The Earths climate is in complete turmoil. There were just two moths flying around my porch light when I went out to be my houseplants.
Seriously? MOTHS?? In January??
We still have dang flies coming in the house. I have about give up on killing them, may as well make pets out of them. We have had some bad storms when the weather gets warm in the winter.

It's not raining here yet.
WKG

Chicago, IL

#84455 Jan 29, 2013
The line of storms is laying right down the New Madrid fault line right now.

#84456 Jan 29, 2013
I hope you're all okay over that way. I just heard a few mild gusts out there. My winds chimes rang. And it was the huge ones, not the tiny ones. So it must have been a healthy gust of wind.

BTW: I just turned the sound back up on the t.v. and saw that Aaron Neville is on Jay Leno in a few minutes, if you like him. I saw the Neville Brothers quite a few times down in New Orleans years ago.
I've always enjoyed his music.
WKG

Chicago, IL

#84457 Jan 29, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I hope you're all okay over that way. I just heard a few mild gusts out there. My winds chimes rang. And it was the huge ones, not the tiny ones. So it must have been a healthy gust of wind.
BTW: I just turned the sound back up on the t.v. and saw that Aaron Neville is on Jay Leno in a few minutes, if you like him. I saw the Neville Brothers quite a few times down in New Orleans years ago.
I've always enjoyed his music.
It has started raining here. The storm is moving kind of slow. I'm pretty sure it will miss most of y'all because it is going pretty much north and not as much east. I don't think we'll get much Leno, weather coverage instead.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
terry smith from the creek 6 min Curious 6
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 25 min dollarsbill 131,938
who's the best lay from the creek 1 hr Truth 8
Bastards 1 hr Pear Anoid 5
Looking for a girl who will POOP all OVER me! ;P (Apr '14) 2 hr Amos 17
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 7 hr SLY WEST 3,606
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 7 hr SLY WEST 406
dinky phipps 12 hr Yep 4
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) Sun Lisa 185
To the Garland family Sun jack 7
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search