Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,721

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#84404 Jan 29, 2013
@ Misty eyed.. If life was about fooling around, I would have been dead some years ago. LOL Good thing it isn't.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#84405 Jan 29, 2013
Aiden Grimshw does an acoustic song called Misty Eye. It's about lies, someone getting their claws in ya. Never too old to have a good time. Hey, better to die with a smile on the face than an Ol Puss. It's better to enjoy what little or lot we have in this life.Love, be loved, be kind, be generous. And it does not matter what kind of gun you own...Make the best of it. Evening to all. Cloudy here. Spring is right around the corner.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#84406 Jan 29, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@ Misty eyed.. If life was about fooling around, I would have been dead some years ago. LOL Good thing it isn't.
Can't say I've done much of that...but I think the fortune comes from having terrific partners. I just associate fooling around as something not going anywhere. Now, My ex liked to fool around and no it wasn't pleasant for me. I wish, he'd left sooner. Happy, I am now though. Have a nice dinner.Your wisdom is like your quarter,solid.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#84408 Jan 29, 2013
@Abeliever... In reference to your post from a few days back on the many uses of Dawn dish liquid.

I bought a small bottle of Dawn the other day and just now noticed that it is not dish liquid at all, but an anti-bacterial hand soap. Oh well, I still have enough of the real stuff to last for while.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#84409 Jan 29, 2013
@Misty Eyed.. I had a good partner for over 40 years and I know what you mean about nursing facilities, family neglect, etc. I went twice a day for 2 years and saw what you described. I always admired the people that could do that type work.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#84410 Jan 29, 2013
@UNA.. I am not agreeing or disagreeing and time will tell.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#84411 Jan 29, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Abeliever... In reference to your post from a few days back on the many uses of Dawn dish liquid.
I bought a small bottle of Dawn the other day and just now noticed that it is not dish liquid at all, but an anti-bacterial hand soap. Oh well, I still have enough of the real stuff to last for while.
I will have to check my bottle. I only buy the origional formula Dawn. So many non cleaning recipes specify origional formula Dawn. Application of decals and window tint in the auto industry specifies it. I used to know the number of drops per gallon of water. Will have to look it up I guess.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#84413 Jan 29, 2013
Here is one of my Gems while I am waiting for my date LOL:

Time heals all wounds, and
Time wounds all heels
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84414 Jan 29, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Just as a note to that comment, old Wolf's hometown is not Lexington. His ISP sometimes shows that and a few other central Kentucky towns. I would have no idea where the gun shop being referenced is even located.
We keep telling them and I guess it just flies right over those pointy heads. Some people aren't "choosing" their locations. Like my hometown is not Elizabethtown. Sounds like you have a stalker. They will never find you looking in a gun shop in Lexington that is for sure.

Have a great time out for dinner/supper. I am off to watch the UK/Mississippi game in a couple hours. Family house with wide screen and dressed in UK Blue, plus bring a dish for snacks. It will be a tough game for them. Win or lose we will have a great time.

Enjoy your night/lady. Wait until she leaves before you do the Wolf Moon howl. hahaha It was beautiful last night in a clear sky full of stars.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#84415 Jan 29, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I will have to check my bottle. I only buy the origional formula Dawn. So many non cleaning recipes specify origional formula Dawn. Application of decals and window tint in the auto industry specifies it. I used to know the number of drops per gallon of water. Will have to look it up I guess.
Well the anti-bacterial is reddish colored instead of the blue. I just saw the "DAWN" label and grabbed it. Haste makes waste. LOL I did the same thing in buying some sliced black olives and just grabbed a small can. When I went to open it to put on my pizza, it was chopped instead of sliced and looked like Grandpa's pre-chewed tobacco. LOL
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84416 Jan 29, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
In reference to me being Kevin, my children wouldn't like to see mommy being a man. But I do have a tendency to wear the pants, but with the partner being hmm Part Italian and pigheaded I let him feel less threatened. And for the men out there who have water spouts... as long as it functions a little better than not at all...Life is not about the fooling around; it's all about having a terrific time.
That was me and I apologize for calling you Kevin. We normally don't get many Florida posters and he was just on here a couple nights ago after a short absence. I hope he isn't your man/son flirting up with the red shoe, Una's nanny. Anyway, I went back and looked and it is the same town. So sorry, again. I pay attention to the locations and newcomers since I have been here posting with my fellow bird threaders for two years. I am a good detective if you need one. haha JK

Next time I won't be so presumptuous. You got to understand there has been a lot of name changing and location spins for the past few weeks.

kevin
Pompano Beach, FL

page 3545

Have a good evening.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#84417 Jan 29, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
That was me and I apologize for calling you Kevin. We normally don't get many Florida posters and he was just on here a couple nights ago after a short absence. I hope he isn't your man/son flirting up with the red shoe, Una's nanny. Anyway, I went back and looked and it is the same town. So sorry, again. I pay attention to the locations and newcomers since I have been here posting with my fellow bird threaders for two years. I am a good detective if you need one. haha JK
Next time I won't be so presumptuous. You got to understand there has been a lot of name changing and location spins for the past few weeks.
kevin
Pompano Beach, FL
page 3545
Have a good evening.
Alas, alone for several more weeks. My two critters don't get on topix.Ahh, Kevin lives around her somewhere. Well,I'd better fly. A lot to do this eve.Oh, Thank you, I understand;);)
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84419 Jan 29, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Alas, alone for several more weeks. My two critters don't get on topix.Ahh, Kevin lives around her somewhere. Well,I'd better fly. A lot to do this eve.Oh, Thank you, I understand;);)
I hope you stop back in. I know he may be around there somewhere and his name probably isn't Kevin. haha Just wanted you to know why I thought it was. No Fla posters. I would like to hear about your bees and their progress. We talked about them along with the birds early 2011 when trying to figure out was going on. haha We talked about the REAL BIRDS and BEES. lol

Have a good evening misty eyed.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84421 Jan 29, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
They have so many bottles of scents, color, etc of it I can see why you got the wrong one. I buy the concentrated Original Dawn and nothing else. There are so many uses for it, especially with vinegar. If you have Dawn, Vinegar and Baking Soda you have all you need to clean and remove spots and stanins. There are so many uses for it. Plus, I love that they donate to cleaning the birds of oil etc..Great company and great product. Can't go wrong with Dawn.

On another note, did you see this:

Johnny Cash leaves his stamp on US Postal Service
http://todayentertainment.today.com/_news/201...

Sad in this new age of online payment, email, greeting cards on line, skype etc...our Postal Service is going down.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84423 Jan 29, 2013
Tornadoes feared as severe storm tears through Plains, heads for South

Additionally, the weather service said there was the potential for a “significant, severe weather event” from Louisiana and Arkansas to Mississippi and southwest Tennessee.
Tornadoes, some of them strong, were also possible in Arkansas, northern Louisiana, southeastern Missouri, western Mississippi and southwestern Tennessee, the NWS added.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/29/16...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84424 Jan 29, 2013
Nope, check this video out..

Watch a building complex get swallowed by a giant sinkhole

Here's something you don't see every day (and thank goodness for that): an entire building complex suddenly sucked into the ground. Several multistory buildings in China's southern Guangdong province were swallowed up by a sinkhole Monday. Construction of a nearby subway line may have made the ground unstable, according to reports. Luckily, workers were aware of the instability before the collapse, and the area had been evacuated, so there were no casualties. Unless you count the time we've just killed watching it over and over.

http://now.msn.com/sinkhole-swallows-building...

They have it on the topix page top left hand side too I noticed.

Hope you are feeling better. Mod or no Mod? lol

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#84431 Jan 29, 2013
@ Abeliever from Lala
I was reading one of your posts earlier, and I can't find it now, to reply to. Anyway, it had to do about spinning things, who is moderator, etc. I read a line about your perception of me being fooled, but AW picking up deception right away. I just want you to know that Lala really has a grasp of things going on, and she does not reside in Lalaland all the time. LOL. I don't miss anything, but I just choose to ignore lots of stuff. It just makes things pleasant that way. I make it a point of always (well, mostly always)responding respectfully to all posters. That way, they always say more than they think they do, and are exposed for what they are. I just see no need to confront anyone, and if I don't like what I read, I usually scroll by. I guess that I want you to know that I'm not as naieve as I seem to be. Not much goes over Lala's head. LOL I do the same in person. I let people think that I'm that dumb blonde. I just prefer to give others the benefit of the doubt, and if there is dishonesty in a person, it will show itself sooner or later. Just so you know that I'm not being duped by anyone.

Location hidden

#84432 Jan 29, 2013
@ Abeliever; I forgot to add the following as an explanation for my seemingly clueless behavior.(I know that you did not call clueless and I know that I do look like it sometimes). And here's the reason:
I cannot control others' thoughts and behaviors, but I certainly can and do control my own. That approach has worked well for me over the years, and to me, it is better to be tactful than it is to be right, especially if you have to beat someone over the head, trying to sway them to your way of thinking. That can be an exercise in futility.

By the way, keep up research on that Louisiana sinkhole. Those fumes are getting into people's homes,and they may never be able to return. It's getting nasty down in the Louisiana bayou.

Location hidden

#84433 Jan 29, 2013
WKG wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Lala. I'm having a good one. I just sat down for a couple minutes before doing dishes...yippie - not! lol I think some folks medication has ran out here at the end of the month. hehe Then there are other folks that didn't run out of money and bought theirself some new socks, well one new sock anyhow. LOL You just never know who those sock wearing people will turn on next.
Hey did you see my post several days ago about those "smart meters" the electric companies are wanting to put on people's houses? A couple of women have already been arrested for trying to stop them from installing them on their houses. I haven't read up on them but I thought maybe you had.
I was wrong about the smart meters, but I need to do more research to find out what it's about. I misunderstood you the first time around.

Location hidden

#84434 Jan 29, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol AW, that sounds like a winner to me. I'll tell ya AW, anymore taking a good hearty leak is almost as good as doing the naughty used to be. Lol.
Don't you wish that you could go back in time,for just one day???I'm trying to grow old gracefully, but it's not working out as I hoped it would. Oh, well. That's life, I guess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jason woolum (Jul '11) 1 hr buster hyman 13
jeff vaughn not dories jeff violas jeff is a rat 2 hr Mee 3
terry smith from the creek 3 hr Curious 3
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr HistoricallySpeaking 131,885
poachers on davis bend (Nov '10) 3 hr take my word 19
Need food badly 3 hr koko 53
Court Dockets 6 hr Jackie 3
what happen on the creek ambulances an law is u... 6 hr Get a life 8
Porsche mills 20 hr Well.... 24
To the Garland family Thu Well.... 3
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info