Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,677

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#84153 Jan 28, 2013
I never cared for Buck Owens, but I did remember the song from Hee-Haw. I watched it mainly to see Roy Clark's picking and look at Sunshine Cornsilk and Nurse GoodBody LOL

Rain has stopped or paused now.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84154 Jan 28, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
My phone 'talks'. It'll try it's hardest to pronounce what's showing on the ID. Sometimes it's really comical hearing that robot voice try to say who's calling.. But rarely do I have to look over at the caller ID.
:)
haha, mine does too and serves to be quite amusing when they sound all tongue tied spitting out the callers name or company. Gives me big laughs sometimes.:)

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#84155 Jan 28, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
No cordless? I grab mine off the charger when I get up and put it close by me with my cell phone. I have the same phone by my bed. I still get those spam calls and I don't know why when I am on the "Do Not Call" list. I think that should include the political ones too, they drove me nuts for months prior to Nov. Now if talking on house phone I don't click over if I hear a beep (call waiting) I know anyone trying to get a hold of me has my cell phone and they will (and do) call it if they can't reach me on the house phone. haha Some cable companies want to add your phone to the package and it then pops up on your tv screen (yeah right).
Lol, I have two cordless, but the one by the bed is the only one that has the caller ID feature. The one by my computer is several years old and doesn't have the feature, but still works well. I have one land line phone in case of electrical or battery outage. I have a package deal and told my carrier to not acivate call waiting even if I was paying for it. I think it's rude. They told me the wouldn't activate it, that many people felt that way. The way I feel if my phone is busy the second caller will get a busy signal and can wait their turn. Lol. Only a select few have my cell phone number, they can reach me anytime if it's an emergency.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#84156 Jan 28, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Meatloaf, baked potatoes, lima beans, Hawaiian dinner rolls. Dutch apple pie/ice cream for desert. Not healthy, but extremely good. My son and his girl are coming over to eat.:) He loves homecooked meatloaf, mostly mine. lol
Now, what time did you say dinner/supper would be ready? Let's see, Louisville is about 120 miles from here or about 2 hours away at 60 mph. I should be able to be in the Ft. Knox area much sooner. Lol.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#84157 Jan 28, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Meatloaf, baked potatoes, lima beans, Hawaiian dinner rolls. Dutch apple pie/ice cream for desert. Not healthy, but extremely good. My son and his girl are coming over to eat.:) He loves homecooked meatloaf, mostly mine. lol
That sounds good, but way too much work involved as far as I feel up to on this lazy, rainy day. I know your kitchen is going to smell wonderful though!! Specially that apple pie! I'm trying hard to eat more healthy here and of course you crave things like that during a cleaning out process.

I'm thinking about roasted sesame chicken and a side of seasoned Jasmati rice. I've still got some asparagus left that I need to use up. The asparagus and chicken can both go into the oven. And rice is so easy to cook. I won't feel the need to eat much of the chicken that way either.

Now I'm hungry....
(Gotta admit, your meatloaf sounds a lot better).

I found a new seasoning at the grocery last week. It's "Simply Asia" brand, called 'Spicy Szechwan 5 Spice'. It's lightly spicy but with a subtle sweet taste. I put it on that Alaskan salmon and MAN was it good. So I wanted to try it on some chicken. Might as well do that today I guess. Just throw it into the oven and let it all do it's thing with minimal effort..
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#84158 Jan 28, 2013
I cancelled my cell phone that would only work when I left the boondocks and generally then, I forgot to take the phone. LOL

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#84159 Jan 28, 2013
AB's kitchen will really smell wonderful when I get there.
WKG

Maple Park, IL

#84160 Jan 28, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? You are head over heels with these false prophets. You promote them in their robbery and deception everytime you post one of their evil links. No only are they cheating them out of their money, but their eternal soul. There will always be a great following of those that believe their lies and deceit.
Many shall choose to believe a lie and be damned......The Holy Bible.
Oh poor Unaposter. You are like a little kid trying to get my attention. Would you PLEASE let go of my leg! LOL I have already told you that I AM NOT going out with you. Don't you know that you are making your woman jealous. If my man was giving another woman so dang much attention (even disguised at hate) I would be so mad. Keep on giving me all this attention and you're gonna get dumped. Now I am going to have to listen to crap out of your woman. Brother!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#84161 Jan 28, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I cancelled my cell phone that would only work when I left the boondocks and generally then, I forgot to take the phone. LOL
LOL AW. You can't get reception with a regular TV antenna. Cell phones don't work. How in the world did those Jehovah's Witnesses ever find you? LOL.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#84162 Jan 28, 2013
I guess I will be cooking a can of Vienna Sausages garnished with Pork-n-beans. LOL

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#84163 Jan 28, 2013
WKG wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh poor Unaposter. You are like a little kid trying to get my attention. Would you PLEASE let go of my leg! LOL I have already told you that I AM NOT going out with you. Don't you know that you are making your woman jealous. If my man was giving another woman so dang much attention (even disguised at hate) I would be so mad. Keep on giving me all this attention and you're gonna get dumped. Now I am going to have to listen to crap out of your woman. Brother!
Yes, I am trying to get your attention. I don't like you, but I still don't want you or anyone else to go to Hell. If you believe that tele-evangelist nonsense, you have been decieved and going about deceiving. Actually, I wouldn't be caught in the dark with you much less out in public. You set womanhood back at least 400 years.

#84164 Jan 28, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I had to switch carriers because of the same reason. Even though I still don't get service here at home, at least when I'm out of the road traveling I have some form of communication if anything goes wrong.

I had the same carrier for almost 12 years, but went with TracPhone a few years back because you can pay as you go. Some kind of promotion at the time I switched over gives me triple minutes and user time for life. I also don't use the internet/web or text on it. I can buy a 30 day card for around 20 bucks or so and it automatically gives me 90 days, plus more minutes than I've ever been able to use up. I saved a bundle of money and got to keep my same cell number too.

$90.00 dollars or less a year as opposed to over well over $600? It wasn't a hard decision to make for as little as I ever use my cell.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84165 Jan 28, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, what time did you say dinner/supper would be ready? Let's see, Louisville is about 120 miles from here or about 2 hours away at 60 mph. I should be able to be in the Ft. Knox area much sooner. Lol.
:) around 6:00/6:30

#84166 Jan 28, 2013
Forgot to add that I did have to purchase a car charger. I use the cell so rarely that it's never charged, hehe. It stays out there in the glove box most of the time.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#84168 Jan 28, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
:) around 6:00/6:30
Thank you. I think I can make it. Lol.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84169 Jan 28, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds good, but way too much work involved as far as I feel up to on this lazy, rainy day. I know your kitchen is going to smell wonderful though!! Specially that apple pie! I'm trying hard to eat more healthy here and of course you crave things like that during a cleaning out process.
I'm thinking about roasted sesame chicken and a side of seasoned Jasmati rice. I've still got some asparagus left that I need to use up. The asparagus and chicken can both go into the oven. And rice is so easy to cook. I won't feel the need to eat much of the chicken that way either.
Now I'm hungry....
(Gotta admit, your meatloaf sounds a lot better).
I found a new seasoning at the grocery last week. It's "Simply Asia" brand, called 'Spicy Szechwan 5 Spice'. It's lightly spicy but with a subtle sweet taste. I put it on that Alaskan salmon and MAN was it good. So I wanted to try it on some chicken. Might as well do that today I guess. Just throw it into the oven and let it all do it's thing with minimal effort..
Not really. HB, egg, bread crumbs, chopped onion, green pepper, tomato sauce, little milk, salt/pepper packed and formed into a meatloaf, 350 for an hour (baked potatoes too) Green Giant frozen lima beans in butter sauce, 4 min for rolls, and 60-70 minutes for that Mrs. Smith deep dish struessel topping Apple Pie and vanilla ice cream. Don't take long. Meat loaf smells almost as good baking as that apple pie. Dinner is served.:)

Your dinner sounds good too. Although I am not a "spicy" eater. I hate it when they coat so much on stuff it doesn't taste like the meat anymore. A lot of restaurants do that. I would rather cook my on and use it sparingly.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#84170 Jan 28, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL AW. You can't get reception with a regular TV antenna. Cell phones don't work. How in the world did those Jehovah's Witnesses ever find you? LOL.
I guess just persistency or they missed the turn. Last time they were here I told them they were preaching to the choir and they haven't been back. But I think it could be that they are just fair weather ministers. Like I posted earlier, I won't be my best rude because they hide behind the child.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#84171 Jan 28, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Must be a meatloaf sort of day, I'm making it too but I use cream of mushroom soup poured over it and surrounded with sliced potato and carrot chunks, yes, ummm yes.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84172 Jan 28, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I don't blame you. I would too if I couldn't use it much. They are handy in case of an emergency. I limit who I give my cell number out to. I never put it on any forms that have to be filled out. Sometimes they are nothing but a pain in the butt. lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#84173 Jan 28, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to switch carriers because of the same reason. Even though I still don't get service here at home, at least when I'm out of the road traveling I have some form of communication if anything goes wrong.
I had the same carrier for almost 12 years, but went with TracPhone a few years back because you can pay as you go. Some kind of promotion at the time I switched over gives me triple minutes and user time for life. I also don't use the internet/web or text on it. I can buy a 30 day card for around 20 bucks or so and it automatically gives me 90 days, plus more minutes than I've ever been able to use up. I saved a bundle of money and got to keep my same cell number too.
$90.00 dollars or less a year as opposed to over well over $600? It wasn't a hard decision to make for as little as I ever use my cell.
My cell phone came through the trucking business and we had several carriers inculing Verizon and AT&T. When my son switched last time, I told him to save his money and not get the group plan because it would either not come here or I would forget to pack it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Journey Through Hell (Oct '10) 19 min Well 40
Proud of heather carnes 2 hr BFF 1
Harriman Tnn. symboxone clinic 5 hr Info 6
who will you vote for as jailer 6 hr John 55
Free Goat 6 hr hardon 7
Has Rabbit and Jm fell out ? 6 hr wondering 4
s.e.k.r.i. 6 hr worked there 6
who got arrested at bville walmart? Tue Ky Resident 4
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match