Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
70,761 - 70,780 of 81,562 Comments Last updated Yesterday
WKG

Kirkland, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

capricorn80 wrote:
I don't doubt that there are horrible toxins everywhere that the government is hiding, but I've yet to see one article from any reliable source backing up that birds are falling out of the sky in large numbers.
Hi Capricorn80. It wasn't a conspiracy, actually happened.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Cheese grits with bacon crumbles!! Add some scrambled eggs and fried green 'maters on the side? That's my favorite breakfast. Follow it with a hot buttermilk biscuit with real butter and honey... YUM. It'll stick to your ribs!

There's a little place down in Burnside called "Jenny's Diner". Coming down South 27, it's maybe a mile or less from the entrance to the Burnside Marina. They make ALL of the above, right down to the fried green tomatoes. It's just a little whole in the wall place, but those are usually the ones with the best vittles...

Good afternoon everyone, by the way!!

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

WKG wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Capricorn80. It wasn't a conspiracy, actually happened.
I could be open to believing in it. Show me some proof from a reliable source!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Yes, Arthur is really a bad tenant. He threw most of a gallon of milk on the floor the other day and was too lazy to even mop it up. The next day he grabbed an entire jar of dill pickles and threw them down. He has some kind of floor fetish and really loves the rain.
I think that Arthur is a closet pervert. He has a foot fetish when he comes to visit me. He's slow moving in the morning, and tries to keep me in bed. I have a hard time resisting his advances. His mere presence makes me weak. If I don't give him enough time in the morning, he throws a tantrum, spills my coffee, and throws the milk jug. I asked my doctor what I could do about him because he's interfering with my physical and mental health. She gives him shots but they only temporarily appease him. He's a real pain in the azz as well as a pain in the neck. There is no way that I can kill him. He's just way too smart. He likes to pick on older folks because he's too cowardly to attack youth and good health. For now, I just make sure that he is warm and sing "Soft Kitty" to keep him rested for the next day's battle.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that Arthur is a closet pervert. He has a foot fetish when he comes to visit me. He's slow moving in the morning, and tries to keep me in bed. I have a hard time resisting his advances. His mere presence makes me weak. If I don't give him enough time in the morning, he throws a tantrum, spills my coffee, and throws the milk jug. I asked my doctor what I could do about him because he's interfering with my physical and mental health. She gives him shots but they only temporarily appease him. He's a real pain in the azz as well as a pain in the neck. There is no way that I can kill him. He's just way too smart. He likes to pick on older folks because he's too cowardly to attack youth and good health. For now, I just make sure that he is warm and sing "Soft Kitty" to keep him rested for the next day's battle.
lol, good one lala. Like the "Soft Kitty" reference too. haha I hope you feel better as the afternoon goes on. Take it easy.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Cheese grits with bacon crumbles!! Add some scrambled eggs and fried green 'maters on the side? That's my favorite breakfast. Follow it with a hot buttermilk biscuit with real butter and honey... YUM. It'll stick to your ribs!
There's a little place down in Burnside called "Jenny's Diner". Coming down South 27, it's maybe a mile or less from the entrance to the Burnside Marina. They make ALL of the above, right down to the fried green tomatoes. It's just a little whole in the wall place, but those are usually the ones with the best vittles...
Good afternoon everyone, by the way!!
Good afternoon Nope. Outside the grits that sounds great. Now I want some fried green tomatoes. Can't wait until garden time again.
WKG

Kirkland, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

capricorn80 wrote:
<quoted text>
I could be open to believing in it. Show me some proof from a reliable source!
I can tell you that the incident that this thread started over in Murray KY did happen. It was reported on the area news channels. They have no reason to lie and personally I don't think those in charge are bright enough to create some big conspiricy and have people fall for it. As far as all the rest, I don't know.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

WKG wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to like me but I REALLY am sorry for that misunderstanding. You have a good day too.
It is not a matter of liking or disliking anyone on this thread, that is really not relevant to me. I do have a bit of a problem with those who may even be well intentioned with spreading the message of GOD's love, but some can become so enamored and taken in by the message that they lose control.

I once had a neighbor that struggled all his life to acquire a little house and when he passed on, his lonely and desperate widow became to taken with one of the televised messages that she mortgaged the place and sent in $25,000 and soon lost the house and had to go live the rest of her days in a housing project.

I just think it behooves us to know to where we are spreading the message and how it will be accepted. There are demogogues that gain popularity by arousing emotions and passions of people that it would be better for them to just be left alone. We can't control who looks at Topix, but we can control what we post. I am as guilty as anyone of not really thinking about some of my posts before just clicking away. It is just too easy.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Good afterNOON Teddy. I just finished dishes etc from that old fashion Bread Pudding I made for breakfast. My neice stopped by to have some before she went to work. I love that stuff my Grandmother introduced us to. Any bread too stale for bread pudding went to the BIRDS. It is great to serve to a bunch of younguns (9x12 pan) and has always been a hit for breakfast, but can be enjoyed anytime. I add lots of extra raisens and cinnamin when making. My Dad use to eat it with milk poured over it (I don't) and he would eat it cold too.
Looking back on the pages for the last couple days you could certainly tell there was a FULL moon. I see we even had Kevin back..HELLO KEVIN!
Lots of nonsense and garbage not worth responding to or mentioning. lol
Well the wind blew in the rain, then blew it on someplace else...maybe your way AW. It is just gloomy looking again. But warm! I'll take it.
But that Arthur is moving in with the weather lala:
Warm, rainy days in Louisville expected to be followed by sub-freezing temperatures and snow
By Wednesday like AW mentioned the temps taking a dive.
Here is a cute slideshow that will bring a smile to your face, it did me. They are just too cute and includes a BIRD (Owl/Sybil lol) Enjoy
These photos of animals laughing will make you LOL, too
The Internet has spoiled a great many things. Take animals, for example. It used to be that a critter going about life in its unique critter way was enough to melt our hearts into pools of pure-cane-sugar squeedom. Now? Forget the animal kingdom; we want animal cutedom. And you know what just might deliver? A whole lot of cute photos of animals laughing. We know animals don't really laugh, but take a look at those pearly whites and pretend. Just imagine what's behind those full-belly cackles probably some pretty sophisticated stuff.
http://now.msn.com/laughing-animal-photos
Good afternoon AB. These telephone calls seeking my Gems of Wisdom are killing me today. Lol. I can't get my Topix work done. Yes, AB unspeakable garbage and riff raff, insane babbling. I hope you are having a good day.
WKG

Kirkland, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Lala, one time my doctor gave me some good pain pills for a problem I was having and boy, those pills made all my pains go away! He cautioned me about how to take them and I followed his directions. When I went back a few months later I was telling him how good that stuff was and I think he should let me take one, JUST ONE, every day. He said no because I might get hooked on them. He told me to take them at night because they would make me sleepy and possibly dizzy. Shoot, I take one of those things and I CAN'T sleep and it puts me in high gear! LOL

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care for oatmeal or cream of wheat at all and don't care for plain grits. But they are fairly good when mixed with eggs and a little pepper and stick with you and makes breakfast last a little longer.
The grits might be like pumpkin pie, it's somewhat edible if it is diluted with lots of spices. My mom used to eat grits, I tasted the one time and that was enough. The cream of wheat and oatmeal, uck, although mixed with enough stuff to kill the oatmeal taste, Little Debbie oatmeal pies aren't bad. I don't know what cream of wheat could be mixed with to improve the taste. Mixed with chicken poop it couldn't be much worse. Lol.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon AB. These telephone calls seeking my Gems of Wisdom are killing me today. Lol. I can't get my Topix work done. Yes, AB unspeakable garbage and riff raff, insane babbling. I hope you are having a good day.
I am glad I have caller ID so I can pick and choose who get's my attention and energy. lol Somedays it rings off the hook. So right on in your discription pretty much of the whole last week. Spin, spin and spin those locations to even talk to one's self. Pitiful.

I am having a good day. I cleared my plans for today to do a couch potato day while the wind is blowing hard. Until time to fix dinner anyway. lol

Enjoy your day Teddy.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad I have caller ID so I can pick and choose who get's my attention and energy. lol Somedays it rings off the hook. So right on in your discription pretty much of the whole last week. Spin, spin and spin those locations to even talk to one's self. Pitiful.
I am having a good day. I cleared my plans for today to do a couch potato day while the wind is blowing hard. Until time to fix dinner anyway. lol
Enjoy your day Teddy.
I have caller ID, but I rarely look at it. I have to get up to get phone that displays it anyway. Lol.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Pouring rain here now and the chickens are up and looking down here toward the house. It reminded me of some old song that said "I was looking back to see if you were looking back at me" LOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>I cleared my plans for today to do a couch potato day while the wind is blowing hard. Until time to fix dinner anyway.
No winds here, but it's raining to beat all. I missed the noon news. It's been another no television day here so far and I don't have a clue what the weather is supposed to do.

What are you making for dinner today? I need some inspiration.. Neither myself nor the critters seem to have an ounce of motivation yet, so it's going to be tricky trying to eat healthy again today, hehe.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I have caller ID, but I rarely look at it. I have to get up to get phone that displays it anyway. Lol.
My phone 'talks'. It'll try it's hardest to pronounce what's showing on the ID. Sometimes it's really comical hearing that robot voice try to say who's calling.. But rarely do I have to look over at the caller ID.
:)
WKG

Kirkland, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a matter of liking or disliking anyone on this thread, that is really not relevant to me. I do have a bit of a problem with those who may even be well intentioned with spreading the message of GOD's love, but some can become so enamored and taken in by the message that they lose control.
I once had a neighbor that struggled all his life to acquire a little house and when he passed on, his lonely and desperate widow became to taken with one of the televised messages that she mortgaged the place and sent in $25,000 and soon lost the house and had to go live the rest of her days in a housing project.
I just think it behooves us to know to where we are spreading the message and how it will be accepted. There are demogogues that gain popularity by arousing emotions and passions of people that it would be better for them to just be left alone. We can't control who looks at Topix, but we can control what we post. I am as guilty as anyone of not really thinking about some of my posts before just clicking away. It is just too easy.
I totally agree that there are plenty of people out there scamming people out of their money in the name of God. I am sure that it happens every day and to do that to the elderly is beyond evil. It looks to me like a truely reputable ministry would have some kind of safe guards set up against that. I sure wouldn't want to pay for scamming anybody (especially the elderly) out of a dime. No doubt, God will punish those scammers severely!
But on the other hand, I don't want to be so afraid that I don't tell other people about Jesus Christ. I don't want to be so afraid that I sit by and let someone go to hell when God has put it in my heart to tell them about Him.
But now that you have brought this up, I will be careful whose information/sermons I post.
You were talking earlier today about the intent someone has when they give, be it a little or a lot? I bet that neighbor lady of yours will be tremendously blessed by God for giving that money because her heart was right. At the same time, the one who took it from her just might be punished for taking it. If that happened to my mom they would have a big problem! I would probably end up famous and not in a good way.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

My phone sits on my desk here at the PC if I don't know the caller, I don't answer. If I am away from the phone, I just look at it later and decide whether to return the call or not.

You can type in the number into Google and most often find out enough about the unwanted calls to know you did not miss much. LOL
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
No cordless? I grab mine off the charger when I get up and put it close by me with my cell phone. I have the same phone by my bed. I still get those spam calls and I don't know why when I am on the "Do Not Call" list. I think that should include the political ones too, they drove me nuts for months prior to Nov. Now if talking on house phone I don't click over if I hear a beep (call waiting) I know anyone trying to get a hold of me has my cell phone and they will (and do) call it if they can't reach me on the house phone. haha Some cable companies want to add your phone to the package and it then pops up on your tv screen (yeah right).
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Pouring rain here now and the chickens are up and looking down here toward the house. It reminded me of some old song that said "I was looking back to see if you were looking back at me" LOL
The map looked like it was heading your way. It didn't pour for long here and the wind has dried up everything it left pretty much. haha

I remember that song. My Dad liked Buck Owens, especially when he was on HeeHaw. lol

Buck Owens - I Was Looking Back To See (1972)

Buck Owens & Susan Raye Looking Back To See
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min DITCH MITCH 147,077
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 29 min justice_- 129,005
dizzyone1313 44 min I konw 1
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 45 min yxv 1,020
Please Ladies answer this question for me 50 min my real name 5
New club in Barbourville? 59 min my real name 12
Tommy that use to work at oasis pizza 1 hr Jason 3
Who will barbourvilles NEW police chief 2 hr blind one 10
john sowders 3 hr truth be told 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs