Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
70,741 - 70,760 of 81,562 Comments Last updated 23 hrs ago

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Temperatures here are not supposed to drop below freezing until Wednesday night or Thursday, but with rain. I replied to your inquiry on sponsorship. Did you see it amongst all the unfounded assumptions on Nope?
Yes, I did, and thank-you. Hubby and I always send in money for charitable organizations--mostly for things related to feeding the children, veterans'organization, wounded warriors, cancer research, and of course, our monthly donation to HSUS (Humane Society of the United States). We cannot afford to give as much as we would like to, particularly since we are both on a fixed income, but we send a nominal amount regularly. We feel that the Good Lord has been good to us, and we try to help others as a token of our appreciation. Wish I could give more, but we do the best we can.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

unspoken heart wrote:
Thanks so much...
I donít know where you are on your path
I have never stood in your shoes
I see not with your eyes.
I know not what your purpose is here
In this stage of your evolution
But I feel blessed to know you
As you are not in my life by chance
And you are my teacher
As I hope you learn from me
I pray I show reverence to you
I pray not to judge you
I wish to let you be
Who you are
Who you dream of being
I will just be beside you
And watch you grow
And the day will come for sure
When we will know why
Our paths crossed this way
And until then my friend
Be who you must be
How true that is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds interesting, but who are you speaking of?
Good morning, Theodore. I think that poster could use one of your gems of wisdom. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

@Lala.. It is not so much what one can give but the Spirit in which it is given. See Mark 12:41-44.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

All the birds must not be gone from Kentucky. There were about 500 out here in my old garden a couple days ago and they all looked to be in good health. There were even a few Robins.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh,oh! YOU drank the water.
Good morning Uglylala. Speaking of drinking, I think I hear a Diet Coke calling my name.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Lala.. It is not so much what one can give but the Spirit in which it is given. See Mark 12:41-44.
Good morning AW.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning AW.
Good morning Una, almost noon time here. I made way too many grits this morning and shared with the Dog, chickens, and a few birds. LOL
Sun

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning AW.
gud mrng
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

I was only going to make a few grits, but old Arthur took hold of my hand and made me drop in enough for everyone. LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I was only going to make a few grits, but old Arthur took hold of my hand and made me drop in enough for everyone. LOL
Arthur is an uninvited guest in our house too. Boy, Arthur sure gets around these days. Arthur travels from joint to joint, looking for a place to set up housekeeping. The problem with him is that he tears up every joint he goes to. He is not a very good tenant. I tried to evict him, but even the courts cannot reach him. I have tried to cut him out of my life, but he just turns up somewhere else. With friends like Arthur, who needs enemies. LOL

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Sun wrote:
<quoted text>gud mrng
Good morning :)
problemsolved

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

If you want to get rid of something then do it, don't call that person or text them back. They will get the point don't feel sorry for them it's in gods hands. Follow your heart.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Una, almost noon time here. I made way too many grits this morning and shared with the Dog, chickens, and a few birds. LOL
LOL, you do eat some rough grub. Grits, uck. Yep, the morning as already slipped away at your location.
WKG

Kirkland, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I did see it and your reply did clear up where I thought you were making unqualified assumptions and directing that post straight at me and not at some who shirk their responsibility. Sorry that I took it as an insult since shirking my responsibilities is the one thing I have never done. I have always stepped up to the plate with kids and Seniors, including the now deceased wife.
But as Lala has posted on here many times, typed words can leave a lot to be desired since it does not accompany facial expressions and body movements or always carry the meaning that was intended. Have a good day.
You don't have to like me but I REALLY am sorry for that misunderstanding. You have a good day too.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Yes, Arthur is really a bad tenant. He threw most of a gallon of milk on the floor the other day and was too lazy to even mop it up. The next day he grabbed an entire jar of dill pickles and threw them down. He has some kind of floor fetish and really loves the rain.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Good afterNOON Teddy. I just finished dishes etc from that old fashion Bread Pudding I made for breakfast. My neice stopped by to have some before she went to work. I love that stuff my Grandmother introduced us to. Any bread too stale for bread pudding went to the BIRDS. It is great to serve to a bunch of younguns (9x12 pan) and has always been a hit for breakfast, but can be enjoyed anytime. I add lots of extra raisens and cinnamin when making. My Dad use to eat it with milk poured over it (I don't) and he would eat it cold too.

Looking back on the pages for the last couple days you could certainly tell there was a FULL moon. I see we even had Kevin back..HELLO KEVIN!

Lots of nonsense and garbage not worth responding to or mentioning. lol

Well the wind blew in the rain, then blew it on someplace else...maybe your way AW. It is just gloomy looking again. But warm! I'll take it.

But that Arthur is moving in with the weather lala:

Warm, rainy days in Louisville expected to be followed by sub-freezing temperatures and snow

By Wednesday like AW mentioned the temps taking a dive.

Here is a cute slideshow that will bring a smile to your face, it did me. They are just too cute and includes a BIRD (Owl/Sybil lol) Enjoy

These photos of animals laughing will make you LOL, too

The Internet has spoiled a great many things. Take animals, for example. It used to be that a critter going about life in its unique critter way was enough to melt our hearts into pools of pure-cane-sugar squeedom. Now? Forget the animal kingdom; we want animal cutedom. And you know what just might deliver? A whole lot of cute photos of animals laughing. We know animals don't really laugh, but take a look at those pearly whites and pretend. Just imagine what's behind those full-belly cackles ó probably some pretty sophisticated stuff.
http://now.msn.com/laughing-animal-photos
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, you do eat some rough grub. Grits, uck. Yep, the morning as already slipped away at your location.
I don't care for oatmeal or cream of wheat at all and don't care for plain grits. But they are fairly good when mixed with eggs and a little pepper and stick with you and makes breakfast last a little longer.
problemsolved

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Didn't say that. Myself I would find it hard to tolerate people I didn't like on a regular basis.
WKG

Kirkland, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

unspoken heart wrote:
Thanks so much...
I donít know where you are on your path
I have never stood in your shoes
I see not with your eyes.
I know not what your purpose is here
In this stage of your evolution
But I feel blessed to know you
As you are not in my life by chance
And you are my teacher
As I hope you learn from me
I pray I show reverence to you
I pray not to judge you
I wish to let you be
Who you are
Who you dream of being
I will just be beside you
And watch you grow
And the day will come for sure
When we will know why
Our paths crossed this way
And until then my friend
Be who you must be
VERY NICE!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

88 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 12 min sure 147,051
1 Blessing From God 25 min TOASTup 13
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 44 min NewsHeadlines 129,000
Who will barbourvilles NEW police chief 56 min Bob 6
Barbourville online and Windstream 1 hr andy 17
Knox County = Stupid 1 hr Charles 3
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 2 hr Buck Ofama 16,131
john sowders 6 hr stephanie 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE