Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,724

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
socks

Stanton, KY

#83990 Jan 27, 2013
WKG wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh brother! Are you trying out for the other sock puppet?
since there are no other posters here at the moment it may not be a bad idea for you mods to create some sock puppets, so I figure I would help you out some with my many socks. You're welcome ; )

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#83991 Jan 27, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
The 14 that I spoke about were not sponsored but actually adopted by those that we lead back in the day. I keep in touch with most and get second hand reports on the rest and none have gone to jail, taken up drugs, or lived precariously. For that I take great pride.
That's quite an admirable legacy to leave behind. Not many can claim that kind of accomplishment or service to others during their time on earth, AW.
You very well should be proud.
Open

Stanton, KY

#83992 Jan 27, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Hmmmm. Don't know exactly WHO it was, but it was an 'inflammatory' troll, LOL! The comment is gone already. They had an IP from Tennessee, yet I can't even tell you the name of the city now. Dang, my memory. It was Jonesville or something similar to that??
Anyway, it was obviously one of the slippery trolls who got loose from one of those political threads. They need to lock their gates better, LOL!!!
It said something about another threads count numbers getting above the Dead Bird threads and the troll even called Una a vulgar name. Guess that's what flagged it.. Ahhh, that nifty little sniffer bot.
I can understand when vulgar posts are removed, but how do you explain the benign posts disappearing?

#83993 Jan 27, 2013
I've often wondered how often the CEO or other board members really do pop in the threads.

There was a story once online about it and someone said that they did. And I've seen one or two where Mr Tolles did post something on Topix. Wish I could find them, I'd post the link. If I get some gumption tonight or tomorrow, I'll look around.

I'm going to go make that mug of hot chocolate. It's won the battle over of the cravings....
:)
mood

Stanton, KY

#83994 Jan 27, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
No I'm not a manager, Mod or a Topix employee. I am under the assumption that those would all pretty much fall into the same job description of a TopMod though.
I'm just Nope. I have to use the feedback button just like anyone else.
Other than that, I'm much too laid back today to get into any wild debates like last night. It's too peaceful of a day and I'm relishing it. I'm not in the mood tonight, sorry Syb. Maybe some time soon again tough..
Actually, I'm thinking about having a mug of hot chocolate so I can totally screw up my healthy eating today. I'm craving something sweet.
(Isn't that always the way it goes)?
I'm not in the mood tonight either, but I'm looking forward to the next time you are. Hot chocolate...that sounds like a great idea for tonight.
WKG

Maple Park, IL

#83995 Jan 27, 2013
socks wrote:
<quoted text>
since there are no other posters here at the moment it may not be a bad idea for you mods to create some sock puppets, so I figure I would help you out some with my many socks. You're welcome ; )
Okay thank you very much but how about using some clean socks instead of dirty mouthed hateful socks? hehe
...your check is in the mail.:)

#83996 Jan 27, 2013
Open wrote:
<quoted text>
I can understand when vulgar posts are removed, but how do you explain the benign posts disappearing?
Don't know. Send in some feedback and ask maybe?
Best I can tell you, honestly.

I've read posts from people on here saying that they've even gotten replies in their private message boxes.
(You have to be a registered user to have that private messaging option though).

Aside from having clairvoyance, how could we ever know who might be in here reading what we post at any given time. Not unless you were at the helms of Topix out in Cali, anyway...
qwerty

Carrollton, OH

#83997 Jan 27, 2013
clean socks

Stanton, KY

#83998 Jan 27, 2013
WKG wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay thank you very much but how about using some clean socks instead of dirty mouthed hateful socks? hehe
now when have I ever used a dirty mouthed hateful sock?
WKG

Maple Park, IL

#83999 Jan 27, 2013
Open wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the mod in charge of this thread is a pretty decent person and doesn't like hateful any more than vulgar.

If anybody important is reading I sure wish y'all would install "spell check" so I won't have to look up so many words. hahaha

#84000 Jan 27, 2013
mood wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not in the mood tonight either, but I'm looking forward to the next time you are. Hot chocolate...that sounds like a great idea for tonight.
Right? I found a piece of peppermint candy that was left over from some Chinese takeout a week or so ago. I've crushed it up and am hovering over my mug right now. I don't know if I want it in there or not, HAHA! And if it's NOT what I want in my hot chocolate, I've ruined it.

(Decisions, decisions.... Glad this is the toughest one I've had to make today!! ROFLMBO_!!

#84001 Jan 27, 2013
WKG wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoever that troll "Destiny" was that I addressed a little while ago, you all should have been able to smell the dirty sock toe jam for miles. Bet that's a pair of socks that would stand alone in a corner, hehe.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#84002 Jan 27, 2013
My daughter, "step grandson" and then came to this old shack.

Why don't you just say what you mean? Instead of beating around the bush.
often

Stanton, KY

#84003 Jan 27, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I've often wondered how often the CEO or other board members really do pop in the threads.
There was a story once online about it and someone said that they did. And I've seen one or two where Mr Tolles did post something on Topix. Wish I could find them, I'd post the link. If I get some gumption tonight or tomorrow, I'll look around.
I'm going to go make that mug of hot chocolate. It's won the battle over of the cravings....
:)
I'd say they pop in here pretty often, especially since the KY State Attorney General has had to get involved in lawsuits over topix abuses. It would only make sense that they would have a bunch of hired mods to keep tabs on this forum.
decent

Stanton, KY

#84004 Jan 27, 2013
WKG wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the mod in charge of this thread is a pretty decent person and doesn't like hateful any more than vulgar.
This has actually become quite a decent thread compared to most, the hatefulness and vulgarity are pretty much gone at this point, wouldn't you say?
WKG

Maple Park, IL

#84005 Jan 27, 2013
clean socks wrote:
<quoted text>
now when have I ever used a dirty mouthed hateful sock?
Sometimes you come across as a little bit of a bully. I really dislike bullies no matter who or where they are or who they are bullying. To me it is just really hateful. I really don't think you are that kind of person but I suppose it is easy to get caught up in that kind of thing on the internet. What you said the other day about could we all face people and not be ashamed over something we have said was right on the money. Can you imagine how much fun this thread would be and what a stress reliever from real life it would be if everybody could get along while talking about whatever popped into their minds? I just really don't get how some people think being mean/abusive to another person is fun. That's just totally messed up to me.
eye

Stanton, KY

#84006 Jan 27, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know. Send in some feedback and ask maybe?
Best I can tell you, honestly.
I've read posts from people on here saying that they've even gotten replies in their private message boxes.
(You have to be a registered user to have that private messaging option though).
Aside from having clairvoyance, how could we ever know who might be in here reading what we post at any given time. Not unless you were at the helms of Topix out in Cali, anyway...
I'm pretty sure the folks from Palo Alto have their eye on this thread

#84007 Jan 27, 2013
often wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say they pop in here pretty often, especially since the KY State Attorney General has had to get involved in lawsuits over topix abuses. It would only make sense that they would have a bunch of hired mods to keep tabs on this forum.
It would stand to reason that the sheer size of this and the other three headliner threads alone would certainly mark them for stricter moderation... That only makes sense.

Topix did have a job listing at the bottom of the page for what they called a "Community Manager". I again assume that this would be a TopMod? I'd surely would have been interested, but there is no way possible for me to go to Cali for any type of orientation period. I've got too many critters here and don't trust anyone living around me to care for them for any length of time.

You have to admit, it might be an interesting job... But don't you wonder how they'd view the human race after dealing with so much smut for a living?

I'm a creature of habit, sticking to just a few threads that I enjoy. They wouldn't have that 'pick and choose' option.. I don't know if I could tolerate being thrown into some of the other threads for very long just for a paycheck. Even at California pay rates, hehe.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#84008 Jan 27, 2013
Hmm, so we are being watched by the topix man and members of the government.. big brother is watching topix birds. They will never know how many licks it took me to reach the very center of tootsie roll pop, never.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#84009 Jan 27, 2013
Just hanging out. Any bird news??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 27 min dollarsbill 132,120
Cody Carnes 2 hr molly 4
terry smith from the creek 2 hr molly 8
jason hughes 5 hr stranger 2
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) 8 hr kim 186
How many kindergarten teachers at Lay? 13 hr friend 16
dinky phipps 13 hr Comment 14
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info