Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
70,641 - 70,660 of 81,588 Comments Last updated Wednesday
Open

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83982
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
A useful tidbit of wisdom for you here, "Destiny", is that this thread doesn't have 25,000 comments with everyone calling each other ugly names or filling up space with copy/paste drivel either.
You can stick to those politically redundant threads to your hearts content. We're quite happy right where we are.
Carry on and have fun. Just don't come into THIS thread thinking you're going to bring your hateful spam and trolling uglies.
We don't cotton to ugly trolls in here....
Who's Destiny? Is she hot?
Open

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83983
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I'm hoping that the flu hasn't found you either, Lala. From what I've read on here, plus with the people I know who've had it? It's pure torture. Seems to stick around and attack your system longer than previous strains have, too. I've not gotten it, thank the Lord.
It sounds like everyone has had a peaceful day after all! Don't think I've ever seen this thread so quiet.
From our exchange last night, I think everyone is convinced you are either a mod or a local topix manager. C'mon fess up, who are you really? Tell us about yourself.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83984
Jan 27, 2013
 
@Lala No, at that time I was a youth leader and mainly took young boys fishing, camping out, eating out etc.along with my own 2 sons and younger brother. The now deceased wife lead the girls. Our tab one night at Pizza hut for a coed group was just under $200 and that was when $200 was almost a week's worth of net earnings.

The 14 that I spoke about were not sponsored but actually adopted by those that we lead back in the day. I keep in touch with most and get second hand reports on the rest and none have gone to jail, taken up drugs, or lived precariously. For that I take great pride.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83985
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Hmmmm. Don't know exactly WHO it was, but it was an 'inflammatory' troll, LOL! The comment is gone already. They had an IP from Tennessee, yet I can't even tell you the name of the city now. Dang, my memory. It was Jonesville or something similar to that??

Anyway, it was obviously one of the slippery trolls who got loose from one of those political threads. They need to lock their gates better, LOL!!!

It said something about another threads count numbers getting above the Dead Bird threads and the troll even called Una a vulgar name. Guess that's what flagged it.. Ahhh, that nifty little sniffer bot.
WKG

Maple Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83987
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Open wrote:
<quoted text>
From our exchange last night, I think everyone is convinced you are either a mod or a local topix manager. C'mon fess up, who are you really? Tell us about yourself.
Oh brother! Are you trying out for the other sock puppet?
Hello mods

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83988
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

For those of you who still think the mods are not following this thread closely, let me put it to you this way...Topix has the most following in the Appalachian region. Kentucky is a major part of this region. This is a statewide thread and it has surpassed the other political threads in just two years in existence and is quickly catching up to the Bible study thread which is in the lead right now. Therefore it is the MOST ACTIVE thread at the moment. Now do you still think there are no mods following this thread closely? In fact, I would bet even Chris Tolles himself is following this thread...so hello Chris, I know you and a few of your mods are reading this and perhaps some government agents also. This is the kind of surveillance that people are sick of and will eventually lead to the demise of this site. So I hope you take heed of what I said (I'm sure you did) as pretty soon only the mods will be left talking to each other when everyone has had enough of the blatant censorship and surveillance that is going on in this thread. So why don't you mods introduce yourselves to the regular posters here and tell us what your real purpose is and what topix is really all about with regards to the censorship and surveillance.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83989
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Open wrote:
<quoted text>
From our exchange last night, I think everyone is convinced you are either a mod or a local topix manager. C'mon fess up, who are you really? Tell us about yourself.
No I'm not a manager, Mod or a Topix employee. I am under the assumption that those would all pretty much fall into the same job description of a TopMod though.

I'm just Nope. I have to use the feedback button just like anyone else.

Other than that, I'm much too laid back today to get into any wild debates like last night. It's too peaceful of a day and I'm relishing it. I'm not in the mood tonight, sorry Syb. Maybe some time soon again tough..

Actually, I'm thinking about having a mug of hot chocolate so I can totally screw up my healthy eating today. I'm craving something sweet.
(Isn't that always the way it goes)?
socks

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83990
Jan 27, 2013
 
WKG wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh brother! Are you trying out for the other sock puppet?
since there are no other posters here at the moment it may not be a bad idea for you mods to create some sock puppets, so I figure I would help you out some with my many socks. You're welcome ; )

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83991
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ancient Wolf wrote:
The 14 that I spoke about were not sponsored but actually adopted by those that we lead back in the day. I keep in touch with most and get second hand reports on the rest and none have gone to jail, taken up drugs, or lived precariously. For that I take great pride.
That's quite an admirable legacy to leave behind. Not many can claim that kind of accomplishment or service to others during their time on earth, AW.
You very well should be proud.
Open

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83992
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Hmmmm. Don't know exactly WHO it was, but it was an 'inflammatory' troll, LOL! The comment is gone already. They had an IP from Tennessee, yet I can't even tell you the name of the city now. Dang, my memory. It was Jonesville or something similar to that??
Anyway, it was obviously one of the slippery trolls who got loose from one of those political threads. They need to lock their gates better, LOL!!!
It said something about another threads count numbers getting above the Dead Bird threads and the troll even called Una a vulgar name. Guess that's what flagged it.. Ahhh, that nifty little sniffer bot.
I can understand when vulgar posts are removed, but how do you explain the benign posts disappearing?

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83993
Jan 27, 2013
 
I've often wondered how often the CEO or other board members really do pop in the threads.

There was a story once online about it and someone said that they did. And I've seen one or two where Mr Tolles did post something on Topix. Wish I could find them, I'd post the link. If I get some gumption tonight or tomorrow, I'll look around.

I'm going to go make that mug of hot chocolate. It's won the battle over of the cravings....
:)
mood

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83994
Jan 27, 2013
 
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
No I'm not a manager, Mod or a Topix employee. I am under the assumption that those would all pretty much fall into the same job description of a TopMod though.
I'm just Nope. I have to use the feedback button just like anyone else.
Other than that, I'm much too laid back today to get into any wild debates like last night. It's too peaceful of a day and I'm relishing it. I'm not in the mood tonight, sorry Syb. Maybe some time soon again tough..
Actually, I'm thinking about having a mug of hot chocolate so I can totally screw up my healthy eating today. I'm craving something sweet.
(Isn't that always the way it goes)?
I'm not in the mood tonight either, but I'm looking forward to the next time you are. Hot chocolate...that sounds like a great idea for tonight.
WKG

Maple Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83995
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

socks wrote:
<quoted text>
since there are no other posters here at the moment it may not be a bad idea for you mods to create some sock puppets, so I figure I would help you out some with my many socks. You're welcome ; )
Okay thank you very much but how about using some clean socks instead of dirty mouthed hateful socks? hehe
...your check is in the mail.:)

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83996
Jan 27, 2013
 
Open wrote:
<quoted text>
I can understand when vulgar posts are removed, but how do you explain the benign posts disappearing?
Don't know. Send in some feedback and ask maybe?
Best I can tell you, honestly.

I've read posts from people on here saying that they've even gotten replies in their private message boxes.
(You have to be a registered user to have that private messaging option though).

Aside from having clairvoyance, how could we ever know who might be in here reading what we post at any given time. Not unless you were at the helms of Topix out in Cali, anyway...
qwerty

Carrollton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83997
Jan 27, 2013
 
clean socks

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83998
Jan 27, 2013
 
WKG wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay thank you very much but how about using some clean socks instead of dirty mouthed hateful socks? hehe
...your check is in the mail.:)
now when have I ever used a dirty mouthed hateful sock?
WKG

Maple Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83999
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Open wrote:
<quoted text>
I can understand when vulgar posts are removed, but how do you explain the benign posts disappearing?
Maybe the mod in charge of this thread is a pretty decent person and doesn't like hateful any more than vulgar.

If anybody important is reading I sure wish y'all would install "spell check" so I won't have to look up so many words. hahaha

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84000
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

mood wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not in the mood tonight either, but I'm looking forward to the next time you are. Hot chocolate...that sounds like a great idea for tonight.
Right? I found a piece of peppermint candy that was left over from some Chinese takeout a week or so ago. I've crushed it up and am hovering over my mug right now. I don't know if I want it in there or not, HAHA! And if it's NOT what I want in my hot chocolate, I've ruined it.

(Decisions, decisions.... Glad this is the toughest one I've had to make today!! ROFLMBO_!!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84001
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

WKG wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay thank you very much but how about using some clean socks instead of dirty mouthed hateful socks? hehe
...your check is in the mail.:)
Whoever that troll "Destiny" was that I addressed a little while ago, you all should have been able to smell the dirty sock toe jam for miles. Bet that's a pair of socks that would stand alone in a corner, hehe.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84002
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

My daughter, "step grandson" and then came to this old shack.

Why don't you just say what you mean? Instead of beating around the bush.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KJB marriage straight from the bible!! Marriage... 14 min yea right 6
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Jealous Person 3,474
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Reality 150,034
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Curious 130,287
Charmaine 2 hr Shameless 1
D Boone Days 2 hr Booneville Man 1
Lesb or Bi 3 hr Looking 1

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••