Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
70,621 - 70,640 of 81,588 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
Sybil

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr Farter, you VERY WELL SHOULD BE worried about your own personal demons, aka the Boogey Man, in my opinion. I hope church tomorrow is eventful for you, if you do go. Maybe the Lord will guide your pastor toward a sermon more suited to the direction of your misguided hate toward me.
I've seen stranger things happen.
Even bantering back and forth with who I am only assuming was "Sybil" tonight was pretty exhilarating. It wasn't bad at all actually being able to debate with someone who could honestly keep up without having to resort to hateful and childish personal snippets.
thank you, it was pretty exhilarating for me too. You held your own pretty well until the very end when you seemed to be getting mad. Next time we have an exchange like that try not to get too enraged when I poke at you. Remember, the one who loses their cool in a debate loses ; )
Sybil

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

and one more bit of advice...long winded rants trying to defend yourself is never a good idea. It amuses me and only makes you look bad while it reveals more about you (and usually it's not good because it means you're mad for having been outed).
WKG

Hines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder which "saint" wrote this having no knowledge of my activities as a sperm donor or otherwise as a BIG BROTHER?.
"No it is not your problem. Like a lot of men, you have aready raised your own".
JUDGE NOT LEST YE BE JUDGED". and yes, I did write the above post.
******** W KY Girl wrote: <quoted text> There are so many dead-beat dads, so many that were nothing but sperm doners. I have a couple nephews who have grown up without their dads in their lives and it is really heartbreaking. It would have meant the world to those boys if some man had of stepped up to the plate and just been a friend to them. You ought to think about it. I have wished a million times that men in the church would do that. No it's not your problem. Like a lot of men, you have already raised your own.********
@AW, Yes I remember writing that post but that is not the complete message. I don't see how you took that sentence wrong. It was just a statement. It was not in any way meant as disrespectful to you or as judging you in any way. You said you had been married 40 something years and had two sons. I assume you did raise your own kids. There are a lot of men who don't take any part in raising their own kids and I hate that because of what it does to the kids! But for those who have raised their own kids, SOME don't want to take any part in helping out other kids who don't have a dad (or mom) in their life. I was not saying that YOU don't or haven't. How could I when I don't even know you? And no a kid who has no dad is not really the problem of a man who did raise his own kids. But it is wonderful that SOME MEN will step up and help those fatherless kids. I wish more men would do that. As I said, I don't know how you took that sentence wrong and I'm sorry you did BUT I'm sure you will believe what you want to. If I am going to disrespect somebody I am a whole lot more straight to the point than that!

And, if you think that I come across or even TRY to come across as a "saint"... please clean your glasses. lol I do make "somewhat" of an effort to do/live right but I stink it up very badly very regularly. That is why I have a Savior.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Hemburn. I hope you are feeling better and aren't too sore from your tumble. I knew there was one on weed killing but didn't see it in the article I posted. I will write this one down for those cracks in the sidewalk that I spray with Weed B Gone every year. It certainly will be cheaper. Thanks. I hope you enjoy your Sunday. Did you get offered any strange menus while in Japan? Check out this picture of a dirt meal. hahaha $110 haha
$110 Japanese dirt menu is more than just mud pies
Eating dirt has suddenly become a much more expensive proposition. The $110 dirt-themed menu from Japan's Ne Quittez Pas gives a whole new meaning to "salt of the earth," with chef Toshio Tanabe crafting seven different dishes centered around soil. But before you grab your shovel and try a bit of home cooking, you should know the "dirt" in this menu isn't just scooped up from the yard. It's actually made from the compost of a company called Protoleaf using discarded coffee grounds and palm fiber that are strictly safety tested.[Source]
http://now.msn.com/dirt-restaurant-in-japan-c...
I did not much weird stuff in Japan, I love stir fried vegies and they are everywhere so that was my staple food while there, although my crew of body guards insisted we stop and try something on a stick from a street vendor. I have no idea what the heck it was but apparently it's a marinated meat of sorts soaked in some godless mixture of satan's spoor and monkey crap. They ate it up as we treked thru the small streets. I donated mine after one bite to a local kid who snatched it and ran off,,, I hope he lived.
WKG

Hines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Sybil wrote:
and one more bit of advice...long winded rants trying to defend yourself is never a good idea. It amuses me and only makes you look bad while it reveals more about you (and usually it's not good because it means you're mad for having been outed).
PLEASE don't start attacking people. There is a huge difference between debate and attacking people. If you act like some on this thread nobody will ever listen to much of anything you have to say. And ganging up on somebody really makes a person look pretty bad, especially when the person being attacked hasn't done anything.
Hope you're having a good Sunday.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

I agree
WKG

Maple Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

KornKobb wrote:
I agree
Hi KornKobb.:) What do you agree with?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Where is everybody today. Well, wherever you are, I hope that things are going well. Will check in later.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Teddy, Congrats. We are geering towards the 84K comments on our favorite thread.:) I hope you have a great day at Sunday service all decked out to the nines. Be sure and pray for us all. We ALL need as many as we can get. Enjoy.
Hello AB, thank you very much. I was already off to Sunday School and church when you posted. Yes, I tried to look all spiffy. lol. Our pastor brought a very good sermon from 1st John on the love of God. My daughter, step grandson and I had the "midday"(lol) meal at a local restaurant, then came to this old shack. Lol. They just left a few minutes ago. I have had a very enjoyable day.

AW had a big day planned for church with relatives. I hope dog didn't eat to many crayons and get sick. Lol. I think Dog enjoys coloring with the kids in Sunday School coloring books. Hehehehe.

I hope you have had a a wonderful day :)

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not much weird stuff in Japan, I love stir fried vegies and they are everywhere so that was my staple food while there, although my crew of body guards insisted we stop and try something on a stick from a street vendor. I have no idea what the heck it was but apparently it's a marinated meat of sorts soaked in some godless mixture of satan's spoor and monkey crap. They ate it up as we treked thru the small streets. I donated mine after one bite to a local kid who snatched it and ran off,,, I hope he lived.
LMAO, that is some funny stuff.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Good evening all! What a cloudy day, but it was nice and warm inside the Nope house.
(Thank you Lord for those great days when You allow me to actually wake up feeling like I could kick the worlds mean and hateful hiney) Those don't come around too often any more..

Hope everyone else out there has had a restful day too, even thought it's been rather dreary outside.
(Kind of gives us an excuse to be a slug though, hehe)! And hopefully those who attended church today had a wonderful sermon.

I was blessed to have a good supper of wild Alaskan caught salmon that was shipped to me from a dear friend last week, some NON-SCORCHED brussel sprouts (haha), and baby red taters. It was all broiled in the oven and it WAS delicious. I can almost feel the vitamins and nutrients surging through my veins! Bwwahahahaha!! Made just enough to satisfy but not so much that I want to lay down and sleep it off.

Okay. Just checking in to see what all was going on since we all chatted last night.

It was fun debating with Sybil. Had some major grins throughout the hours that we bantered back and forth... Thanks for the mental workout, Syb. I enjoy that sometimes and you caught me in JUST the mood for some light hearted mischief and pot stirring, hehe.

Well, it looks like everyone is in the same lazy mood I am so far. Lazy days of winter are nice, as long as you don't have too many of them in a row I suppose, LOL!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>...I donated mine after one bite to a local kid who snatched it and ran off,,, I hope he lived.
Oh me... You never know what that stuff of a stick might be over there.. They do eat some strange things as far as our American standards go.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>.....Our pastor brought a very good sermon from 1st John on the love of God. My daughter, step grandson and I had the "midday"(lol) meal at a local restaurant, then came to this old shack. Lol. They just left a few minutes ago. I have had a very enjoyable day.
Glad to hear you had a good day at church and then afterward too, Una.

I missed the broadcast of my favorite church online today. I overslept. I'm very happy that they have an online live feed. It's too far away to attend in person, but I can watch it online! It's the same church that my family attends out of state. I can always catch the recorded replay online later though when I oversleep like that.
WKG

Maple Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
The way I see this, YOUR problem seems to be that this threads 'spotlight' was taken from YOU and it was then focused on the rest of the users in here for a change. Hence the sudden suck up and taking sides toward the very people that two short months ago you chased like a rabid dog. You called THEM names and stalked them all unmercifully. Yet today you're trying to buddy up. That's really sad to see someone who's supposedly a grown man, grovel on these threads like you are.
YOU lost what you considered your headmasters title. It's not about me, not AB, not AW, not Lala, WKG or anyone else. YOU lost your self imposed title of grandeur. I think that's what is eating you up inside.
So deal as best you can. That's the only advice I can offer. The deciding factor for ME due to your rants is that it's my cue to stay even more visible in here. Maybe you'll adjust in time if I do that. And I can.. Believe me, I can. I have all the time in the world.
Amen! I'm not into those abusive relationships - treat me like crap then turn around and suck up to make up. Pass! I was raised to have some respect for myself.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

I had a good day at church with the family and pigged out at the buffet afterwards with a long nap. There were not that many of the family there, but I really was not expecting them to travel so far.

I counted the number of displaced kids that my 2 sons, grandson, younger brother and nephew has taken in and the umbella I opened in the late 70s and 80s still offers some protection to 14 displaced kids some now grown and with their own small families.

That umbrella spans from China to Europe to Texas to South Carolina and of course, Kentucky. I suppose I am the patriarch.

Jesus said in Matt 19:14 "For Such is the Kingdom of Heaven". So if you don't like kids running around investigating things and even being a little noisy, perhaps you should plan your cross over to someplace else.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Good evening to all of you. Today was TOO lazy a day for me. I slept last night, then half the day today. I really hate that. I usually busy myself all day long. Been a little more achy today. Just hope that the flu hasn't found me. Glad that you folks had a good family day today.

Just curious, AW. Were you a foster parent to those kids in the late 70's and 80's? Do you still keep in touch. I have been thinking about sponsoring a child in need, but I want to know whether or not the agency is legitimate.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

I'm hoping that the flu hasn't found you either, Lala. From what I've read on here, plus with the people I know who've had it? It's pure torture. Seems to stick around and attack your system longer than previous strains have, too. I've not gotten it, thank the Lord.

It sounds like everyone has had a peaceful day after all! Don't think I've ever seen this thread so quiet.
qwerty

Carrollton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Don't think I've ever seen this thread so quiet.
That's what happens when you run everyone off. Have a nice conversation with yourself.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

A useful tidbit of wisdom for you here, "Destiny", is that this thread doesn't have 25,000 comments with everyone calling each other ugly names or filling up space with copy/paste drivel either.

You can stick to those politically redundant threads to your hearts content. We're quite happy right where we are.

Carry on and have fun. Just don't come into THIS thread thinking you're going to bring your hateful spam and trolling uglies.

We don't cotton to ugly trolls in here....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

qwerty wrote:
<quoted text>That's what happens when you run everyone off. Have a nice conversation with yourself.
Highly doubtful there, little "Sqwert". We're all Bird Thread junkies in here, LOL! It would take an EMP of epic proportions to shut this thread off..

"Lazy" is in the air today. And that means some happy and contented folks! I'm as happy as a little clam, myself. Some days are made for being lazy without any guilt, ROFLMBO.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

66 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 23 min Khatru 130,200
Debate: Ferguson - Barbourville, KY 24 min Brain dead 6
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 34 min Jay 149,718
puppet masters of knox co. who are they? 35 min Brain dead 8
Ronald Stevenson 1 hr stephanie 24
Sheriff deputies 1 hr married women 15
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 6 hr BIG_STEVIE 26,226
•••

Severe Weather Statement for Knox County was issued at August 20 at 3:14PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search