Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,730

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83749 Jan 26, 2013
WKG wrote:
<quoted text>
I had rather have church with 10 true believers in a barn with a leaking roof and no heat or air conitioning than to set in a million dollar church with a bunch of backbiting fakes with crooks in charge.
I have had church in a barn. It was my duty as a child to clean out the barn and set it up with split logs for pews. I still have my granny's old paperback Hymnal from those days. Most of the time there was not even some leader with a sermon but the service was nothing more than a few neighbors with limited trnsportation into town church that were just keeping the faith. They would sing a few songs and each would tell of GOD's blessings that had been bestowed upon them recently.

It was somewhat disheartening when I did go to town church, it seemed like those people took great pride in trying to out misery each other instead of speaking about their blessings. Their "testimonials" would go on and on about their miseries and would make a teenager wonder "Jeez, did nothing good ever happen to them and if it did, would they give God the credit"?
WKG

Dunlap, IL

#83750 Jan 26, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, he should have. Stein is almost human-like. Sometimes he is scary. I've had many dogs in my lifetime, but no other like him. At first I thought my tone of voice tipped him off as to what I was saying. So I started a little experiment. I would talk to him, then sneak in a command, in a normal conversational tone of voice. Boy, he would pick up on that message and immediately do what was asked. I really didn't work on training him any, but he is a super smart dog. It might be that he spends all his waking (and sleeping) time with me and our little guy. He is gentle with the little boy, and super protective of him. I'll bet you that AW's DOG is similar. Hope that you have a calmer day today, and don't worry about whether or not you are liked or disliked. Just be yourself. I really like all the people who post (including UNA). I think that he's really a great, big TEDDY bear. The smelly poot stuff is just a front, I think.
Oh yeah I think dogs learn a lot by just being around people. And no doubt some are smarter than others according to breed or the mix they are. I believe the mixed breeds I have had have been the smartest.
Lala, I just came to this thread to waste some time like I guess most everybody else has. Like you I have a life beyond this. It is really disappointing that people will act the way they do to other people and do it for no reason. The scary thing is that those people are real and there are people somewhere who have to have them in their life to some extent. It's just sad how nasty this world is. But one day God will settle the score like only He can. Until then, we have nasty godless people to deal with. HONESTLY I wouldn't want those nasty people to like me. LOL

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#83751 Jan 26, 2013
WKG wrote:
<quoted text>
Well something must be missing in your reading ability if you have come to believe that it is acceptable to attack another believer for doing what the bible says to do. And even if it wasn't because you we're offended by my Christian posts, what part of the bible instructs you to attack anybody who has done nothing to you??? As I said, pew warmers like you are why people are running from the church. You play all holy on Sunday and you are no better than anybody else Monday-Saturday. If God's word offends you ANYTIME you better do some serious self-reflection.
As I have said before, quite often, is that communication via internet often breaks down, because it is so easy to misunderstand the intent of message. A keyboad is a poor instrument for conveying emotion, message intent, tone of voice, facial expression, etc. It also hinders message interpretation by not allowing immediate feedback of message content. Harsh words, creates a barrier to effective communication. Just back down a little bit,and you might be surprised that you will find people who are interested in what you say, including me.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#83752 Jan 26, 2013
WKG wrote:
<quoted text>
I had rather have church with 10 true believers in a barn with a leaking roof and no heat or air conitioning than to set in a million dollar church with a bunch of backbiting fakes with crooks in charge.
That is contridictary and hypocritical, when you clearly promote tele-evangelists and their multi-million dollar wolves in sheeps clothing empires.
WKG

Dunlap, IL

#83753 Jan 26, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't imagine AW trying to offend anyone. He's pretty straight-forward and is not swayed by anybody on this thread, or anybody else for that matter. You are entitled to listen to who you like. As a matter of fact, I listen to Joyce Meyer, myself, but I have not contributed to the money coffers. I like her because she has had a pretty hard life, and just testifies to her belief in God. I look at it as equal time to refute the nonbelievers and Godless messages in t.v. programming today. But, like AW and many others, I put my belief in God, reading Scripture, and thanking our Creator for all the beautiful things that he created in this world.
Well Lala, it may be hard to believe but all you have to do is scroll back the past several pages and you can see all the attacks. I'm afraid he's not the man some were led to believe. He really tossed that cape and crown aside and came after me for no reason other than my Christ-related posts.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#83754 Jan 26, 2013
Hemp, if it makes you feel better, I almost bit it yesterday too. I was able to catch myself. The dogs however, not so much. They were like bowling pins rolling down the steps outside yesterday morning. I felt SO bad. It was hard to get them to come back up after they'd done their duty. They didn't trust the steps after that.

I didn't realize early that everything was like a glazed donut out there, so I opened the door as usual. Not a good idea.... They barreled out like freight trains and then all of them started to tumble at once. It was horrid to watch.. Talk about slow motion horror!!

But I used AB's deicing recipe and it worked! We didn't have a problem out there the rest of the day, either!!
(But convincing the dogs of that wasn't easy.. Poor babies).

Thank God that fear passed due to a trio of deer that tickled their snouts as the door opened first thing today.

One is having to take baby aspirins though. Limping a little bit this morning, same as last night. A bit better than last night though, so I think we can avoid the vet. This time.

#83755 Jan 26, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
That is contridictary and hypocritical, when you clearly promote tele-evangelists and their multi-million dollar wolves in sheeps clothing empires.
It IS her right to believe any way she chooses. That's one thing to keep in mind..

So isn't it time to put a truce in effect here and call it a day on the religious attacks please? It does nothing to promote positives and isn't proving any points either.....
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83756 Jan 26, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Have you ever heard of Reverend Ike. What a trip he is. There are some scary dudes out there, all in the name of religion. I read the Bible, and take my cues about how to live, through the Good Book.
Lala, if you want to use the internet to view motivational speakers check out "David Ring".
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83757 Jan 26, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Have you ever heard of Reverend Ike. What a trip he is. There are some scary dudes out there, all in the name of religion. I read the Bible, and take my cues about how to live, through the Good Book.
Exactly. I agree with Ancient Wolf and his outlook too. You don't have to go to some building to worship our Creator. Most that do go tend to be the biggest hypocrites the rest of the week in their actions. They don't walk the talk and their "Christianlike" behavior leave allot to be desired. NOT. Everybody is free to choose, that is why HE gave us free will and we live in a country that lets us choose.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#83759 Jan 26, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I have had church in a barn. It was my duty as a child to clean out the barn and set it up with split logs for pews. I still have my granny's old paperback Hymnal from those days. Most of the time there was not even some leader with a sermon but the service was nothing more than a few neighbors with limited trnsportation into town church that were just keeping the faith. They would sing a few songs and each would tell of GOD's blessings that had been bestowed upon them recently.
It was somewhat disheartening when I did go to town church, it seemed like those people took great pride in trying to out misery each other instead of speaking about their blessings. Their "testimonials" would go on and on about their miseries and would make a teenager wonder "Jeez, did nothing good ever happen to them and if it did, would they give God the credit"?
You are right on AW. Where two or three are gathered together in my name, I will be in their midst....Jesus.

I could be at a town church within 5 minutes, but I choose to drive to an old fashion country church. The building is modern in structure, but the congergation is of the old fashion way.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83760 Jan 26, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Hempburn. I am so sorry you feel bad. I hope the coffee helped. I hope the doctor gave you something to make you feel better than the java. That flu is making it's rounds, in some places it has caused schools to close. Here is the lack of rock salt remedy for frozen steps and sidewalks. It does work.
For icy steps and sidewalks in freezing temps, mix 1 tsp of Dawn dish washing liquid, 1 tbsp of rubbing alcohol, and 1/2 gallon hot/warm water and pour over walkways. They won't refreeze.
http://www.bing.com/images/search...
Hope you feel better.:)
hahaha sorry, don't know where that sinkhole link came from..hahaha I guess from earlier posts with lala on the one in La.

#83761 Jan 26, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>It was somewhat disheartening when I did go to town church, it seemed like those people took great pride in trying to out misery each other instead of speaking about their blessings. Their "testimonials" would go on and on about their miseries and would make a teenager wonder "Jeez, did nothing good ever happen to them and if it did, would they give God the credit"?
Not to mention the ones who purely enjoy going so they can out dress, out drive, outshine and overly tithe for the attention factor. Then this type will stick behind to brag about it all both before AND after services. These are also the ones who can leave and go out to eat, finding fault later with everything that's served to them. It gives them self empowerment I guess...

I can worship just as effectively right here at home in my warm P.Jammies while not having to endure those self righteous and perfect wool bearing sheep within these flocks.

A few pairs of my P. Jammies might have some holes and flaws in them, but the Lord knows the holes and flaws that we all have in our hearts even if we never breathe a word of them aloud.

#83762 Jan 26, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha sorry, don't know where that sinkhole link came from..hahaha I guess from earlier posts with lala on the one in La.
Speaking of sinks, the one out in my yard is still growing. It'll be surprising to see what the Spring rains brings around here, even after all of this Winter precipitation.

I might end up with a pond out there that I can stock by this time next year. Hopefully, it only grows to that size anyway. If it starts burping, I'm outta here...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83763 Jan 26, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Hemp, if it makes you feel better, I almost bit it yesterday too. I was able to catch myself. The dogs however, not so much. They were like bowling pins rolling down the steps outside yesterday morning. I felt SO bad. It was hard to get them to come back up after they'd done their duty. They didn't trust the steps after that.
I didn't realize early that everything was like a glazed donut out there, so I opened the door as usual. Not a good idea.... They barreled out like freight trains and then all of them started to tumble at once. It was horrid to watch.. Talk about slow motion horror!!
But I used AB's deicing recipe and it worked! We didn't have a problem out there the rest of the day, either!!
(But convincing the dogs of that wasn't easy.. Poor babies).

Thank God that fear passed due to a trio of deer that tickled their snouts as the door opened first thing today.
One is having to take baby aspirins though. Limping a little bit this morning, same as last night. A bit better than last night though, so I think we can avoid the vet. This time.
I bet that was a vision (bowling pins lol) with the dogs. hahaha Poor babies. I opened the door to feed the fat boy cat I adopted and seen all that glaze on the stairs, sidewalk, cars, grill etc... I fed him and came in to mix that up too I always have the ingredients (love Dawn compared to others) and after I de-iced the stairs and sidewalk they were good to go the rest of the day. Glad I found it.

I hope your babies get over their trauma of yesterday.

Have a great day!
WKG

Dunlap, IL

#83764 Jan 26, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
As I have said before, quite often, is that communication via internet often breaks down, because it is so easy to misunderstand the intent of message. A keyboad is a poor instrument for conveying emotion, message intent, tone of voice, facial expression, etc. It also hinders message interpretation by not allowing immediate feedback of message content. Harsh words, creates a barrier to effective communication. Just back down a little bit,and you might be surprised that you will find people who are interested in what you say, including me.
Lala I am really a peaceful person, believe it or not. LOL But when people attack me I will bite back hard (usually)- unless thay are just doing it for attention as in Una's case. LOL But people are so ignorant when they think they can attack a Christian and we will always just take it like a good little sheep. As I have said, I am a Christian but I am not Jesus. Ohh, but according to AW, my Christianity is fake so I suppose I am free game for an attack. BUT REALLY I don't give a rats rearend what him or his buddies think of me.

Speaking of things of interest... have you heard about these "smart meters" the electric company is putting on people's houses? I have been hearing about it on Glen Beck's radio show. They said that a couple days ago two women were arrested for refusing to let them install them on their houses. They sound like more "big brother watching" kib of stuff.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83765 Jan 26, 2013
WKG wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Lala, it may be hard to believe but all you have to do is scroll back the past several pages and you can see all the attacks. I'm afraid he's not the man some were led to believe. He really tossed that cape and crown aside and came after me for no reason other than my Christ-related posts.
Your Christ related posts have nothing to do with anything that you perceive as an attack. You seem to want to wear a chip on your shoulder expecting it to get knocked off. Yes, I called you Pastor Fat Wallet and explained why. It was not a personal attack nor intended to be so.

If you wish to scroll back, scroll back to your very first response to something I had posted about my own faith.

#83766 Jan 26, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet that was a vision (bowling pins lol) with the dogs. hahaha Poor babies. I opened the door to feed the fat boy cat I adopted and seen all that glaze on the stairs, sidewalk, cars, grill etc... I fed him and came in to mix that up too I always have the ingredients (love Dawn compared to others) and after I de-iced the stairs and sidewalk they were good to go the rest of the day. Glad I found it.
I hope your babies get over their trauma of yesterday.
Have a great day!
Thanks AB. And MUCH thanks for that recipe! I had to make up a batch before they'd come back up the stairs yesterday. It was sad to watch. My dogs are pretty staunch, they don't take any crap.. But those steps after they fell? One of my babies actually had tremors, looking the the steps, then up at me, then back at the steps again. They just didn't know what to do and were looking to me for help.

That recipe miraculously came to mind and everything I needed was right within reach. The only thing I had to rummage for was a bucket to put under the bathtub faucet. And that only took a couple of minutes because I went in the back for my mop bucket..

Thank you SO much!!

(See what this thread and many others on here can really do when people are kind and helpful toward one another? Even if we don't always agree)??

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#83767 Jan 26, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct there, usually we get everything since that line of snow/sleet/ice etc they use on the weather map always seems to dip down the northern part of Kentucky. This time the southern part got it.
On the politic statement. I don't like to discuss politics even with family most times, I didn't say I NEVER discussed them. I don't post on any thread on a regular basis outside this one. I do pop into a couple now and then if it is something I feel passionate about to leave a comment (that's about it..."A COMMENT".
You are totally correct in your analogy of the randpaul sites. Mostly bashing, hate, gloom and doom on those sites. Your fake buddy Chicago girl lives on there and I found that out by accident. I think she followed you, Stevie or Whitehair over here since all of them and the bird thread is always on top of the forum. I noticed the anyplace, Illinois posts with the sheep baaa and went back a few pages during similiar times posting on this site. Sure enough. There was the faker spinning locations, United States, anyplace Illinois lots of sheep baaaaing. UNA and Imposter was right FAKE and LIAR. I posted ONE comment on there because I am passionate about it. Ditch Mitch McConnell on the news wanting to redistrict and change voting rules instead of working on the needs of the people he represents. He needs to go. A lot of them on both sides of the isle need to go. Career politicians. There is only one Elizabethtown post that I seen, mine. I don't spin my location or use other people's computers to deceive people like it stated.(Obviously it does along with that phone, possibly why all the locations). Either way, I don't post everyday every other hour like those people do on there. I avoid that site due to all the hate they sling. Pretty sad for all Americans that they come to that over politics. On your statement about those issues you mentioned...all leads to politics and those who make the laws. Not much of a way around it when discussing those issues. However, that is why those threads are on top like the bird thread. I liked that we pretty much avoided those subjects on here and just talked life in general, not issues that divide this country, friends, neighbors and family. United We Stand, Divided We Fall.
I agree with you to a point. I thoroughly enjoy our talks about everyday life, cooking with cast iron, visits with family and friends, and kind and reassuring support when we have had times of sorrow, loss of family/friends, or enduring a serious medical problem. I cherish those times and the friendships that I have made. But AB, think for a moment, please. We have talked about HAARP, chemtrails, prepping for disaster, fracking, bird die-offs, so on and so forth. I fail to see the difference between these subjects and the topics that I have introduced recently. If I follow your line of reasoning, then these topix should be avoided as well, because they lead to discussion of government, and that leads to "politics." Of course, I don't believe that; I'm just using an example. OJG has discussed issues in the middle East, and our foreign policy. We have talked about the SHTF, the Louisiana sink hole and why this has been hushed, chemicals in our food and water, gun control and the oddities of the Newtown, Conn. incident, and many more topics like this. That's what has made this thread so dynamic over the past two years. I'm not all gloom and doom, but I also know that just talking about feel-good topics will kill this thread faster than being overtaken by trolls. It is the variety of the posts that keep us near the top of the Topix threads.
In case you haven't noticed, I am trying my best to help keep the peace. I consider all you folks my friends, and it saddens me to see good people offended. That's it, plain and simple.

#83769 Jan 26, 2013
By the way, "Dawn" is the only dish soap I keep here. It comes in handy for so many other things and isn't watered down like the rest. People think they're saving money on those others, but they're so watered down that you end up using three times as much in the long run.

I'd rather use laundry soap to do dishes in a pinch then buy those cheap brands..
(And I've actually done that before when I forgot to buy dish soap, lol).

#83771 Jan 26, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>.....I am trying my best to help keep the peace. I consider all you folks my friends, and it saddens me to see good people offended. That's it, plain and simple.
This doesn't please me either.

And you're 100% correct, that's why this thread IS successful. The trolls don't last long. That's why I'm certain that this "Dead Bird" thread will be around for a very long time to come.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Irish mafia 132,183
pullets and cocerels for sale, adult Buff Orpin... (Jun '13) 6 hr Deena 4
Pamela Hatfield, Michael Ramey, Brad Combs 6 hr Mother of the Year 1
Mayor west gives city councilmans son raise 8 hr Butter bean 23
Mike Smith For Sheriff (Feb '14) 10 hr crazy 227
teena Marie mills 10 hr infoman 9
Cody Carnes 11 hr Proof 7
praying it's all a lie Thu Just the truth 5
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Wed dad 52
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search