Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
70,421 - 70,440 of 81,562 Comments Last updated 12 hrs ago
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

owl wrote:
<quoted text>
if you didn't tell the whole truth on the little things, then how did you deal with the bigger things?
It was not a matter of truth but more so not "spilling one's guts" over every little detail. Bigger things were easy to be truthful about. I grew up in a small town where the only thing for teen boys to do was to either work on the farm or go to the Pool Hall and learn how to shoot pool. I worked hard but did learn the game in my leisure time and became quite good at it. That was about my only sport because after school the boys playing High School sports could practice while I did farm chores. I could go to the Pool Hall at night after old Bossy was milked, etc. I have never been on a golf course or to a bowling alley.

So years later after a stressful day at work, I would stop by the local Honky Tonk and play a few games just to relax. I knew the wife did not like the place and I saw no reason to mention it and start some debate that would send me off to the work shop.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Morin' all. It's cold, oh so cold out there! Hope everyone is snuggled in and comfy!

Glad to see you all today. It means no one lost power and that you all more than likely stayed off of the roads!

:)
WKG

Bristol, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite a number strives but none achieves and I have found that for me I can do about as well in my struggle out admiring GOD"S handiwork as I can in a man-made building with man-made rules for social conformity. That is not for everyone either and some require the comradeship that church affords and are willing to conform just so as to "fit in".
The church I attend now was my father's old church and I go mainly to carry on his tradition. I don't follow the leader or try to pattern my relationship with GOD after any man or woman, especially not those on television. My dad's church is a little noisy as if some think that GOD is so old that he could be a little hard of hearing. I like the Scripture that says "BE STLL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD" and I can be more still out with just me and GOD and not being disturbed by what others may be doing or not doing.
You can't get to heaven hanging on to your daddy's coat tail. God only has children, not grandchildren. Every "tv preacher" is not working for satan. No doubt many are working for theirself, but not all. Anybody who thinks that God can not use tv, the internet or anything else to reach people is... let's just say wrong. God owns eveything and can use whatever He pleases for whatever He pleases.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Pastor Fat Wallet. LOL. They got to have that money, I mean do people really know about the cost of jet fuel for Joyce Meyer to fly around in that private jet? And dang, there is Benny Hinn. He needs a new pair of designer shoes, the ones he is wearing are at least two days old. I could go on and on with the needs of these false teachers, but the list is endless to fakes and their wants. Let's not forget big Jimmy and little prodical Jimmy, his Ho's have got to eat too, the very idea.
Amen on the manure spreader, AW. I think it needs some adjustment though. It's laying it on really heavy. Glad it's not chicken manure, that high nitrogen stuff would even kill the roots. Bull popo isn't as bad in overuse.
haha You are so right. I lived in Tennessee a couple years on the Miss/Ala border and there was some "Miracle Tabernacle" down this long winding road across the street from where we lived. They were a wild bunch. Sometimes they would carry on in the wee hours of the night playing some blaring drums etc.. while the "Pastor" was performing "miracles". We had some company from KY one time and one was a member of a band. He gave in to curiosity, much to our objections and went over there to see what was going on.(We feared he would never come out of those woods). He was gone about an hour and told us that "Pastor" was performing a miracle on an old man in a wheelchair. But before he did they passed a collection plate around to aid him in his work, when it came up front he shook his head and said he needed a new Harley so he could "reach" people where cars were hard to reach and pass it around AGAIN. He had one of the biggest homes in the area, drove Lincoln Towncars, dressed to the nines, if you seen him at a restaurant he flashed his wad of cash around along with those fake teeth. He was a real trip. A friend of ours who was from that town said he was known for passing the plate again and again until he thought he had enough for the day. They were playing jungle music and throwing themselves around on the floor, wailing and our friend said talking in tongues. We had a big laugh about what he described and he was the only one who ever braved going over there. That guy was like so many other fakes taking good people's money promising them miracles. It is pretty sad, just like the nut who said the world was coming to an end and people sold all their possessions to give to him for their salvation.
WKG

Bristol, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Girl W KY wrote:
<quoted text>
do you believe in the dogma of "God's chosen people"? Why do the Jews think they are the 'chosen people' and why do Christians buy into that nonsense?
It all comes from the promises that God made to Abraham.
WKG

Bristol, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Morin' all. It's cold, oh so cold out there! Hope everyone is snuggled in and comfy!
Glad to see you all today. It means no one lost power and that you all more than likely stayed off of the roads!
:)
Good morning nope. We didn't get any of the bad stuff down this way last night and I'm glad. You stay safe!
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

WKG wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't get to heaven hanging on to your daddy's coat tail. God only has children, not grandchildren. Every "tv preacher" is not working for satan. No doubt many are working for theirself, but not all. Anybody who thinks that God can not use tv, the internet or anything else to reach people is... let's just say wrong. God owns eveything and can use whatever He pleases for whatever He pleases.
Well Miss, I don't hang onto anyone's coat tail about GOD or anything else. God gave the the mental capacity to read and comprehend his word and my relationship is personal and not dictated by someone else that just might be going down the wrong path. Sure he may use television, radio, internet, the pulpit, paper and any other media for those that require that.. but I don't.
WKG

Bristol, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

@ Lala & Nope... "Pastor Fat Wallet" is what Anient Wolf has named me because he is offended by my Christ-related posts. And "KY-Jelly Girl" or something like that that he got from Imposter (the Unisock Puppet) who stopped by for a few slams at me last night. LOL
Btw, "WKG" is W KY Girl.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

I have always felt more times than not, people who belong to these larger and very profitable churches are merely supporting a false profit. Perhaps a whole throng of his appointed are as greedy as well.

You can never fully trust a large group when it comes to money and how they handle it. However, when people give their money freely, who are we to judge them for what was actually in their heart when they gave? It's their money, therefore it's their option on how they choose to give it away.
Or throw it away.

Helping to purchase velvet pews or a new Harley for a preacher wont buy your way into the pearly gates. What's in your heart, how you follow your faith and what your actions are here on earth most certainly will.
Just my opinion.

Give me a small, down home, humble church over those crystal cathedrals any day of the week. Many of those pastors from the large and elegant churches get caught up in the fame, which brings fortune, which brings possible deception and corruption. More times than not, that deception leads to their eventual downfall. If not from the pastors standpoint, then from someone else in the 'flock'.
Money = Greed.
Excess money = Trouble from greed.

It's all up to the believer. What they want to implement into their personal life as far as the scripture goes is also up to that same believer. That's the fundamental rights we have, thanks to our freedom of choosing personal religion in the USA.

Some people enjoy the glitz and glamor of these billion dollar pillars of faith.
I can do my best worshiping from home.
WKG

Bristol, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Miss, I don't hang onto anyone's coat tail about GOD or anything else. God gave the the mental capacity to read and comprehend his word and my relationship is personal and not dictated by someone else that just might be going down the wrong path. Sure he may use television, radio, internet, the pulpit, paper and any other media for those that require that.. but I don't.
Well something must be missing in your reading ability if you have come to believe that it is acceptable to attack another believer for doing what the bible says to do. And even if it wasn't because you we're offended by my Christian posts, what part of the bible instructs you to attack anybody who has done nothing to you??? As I said, pew warmers like you are why people are running from the church. You play all holy on Sunday and you are no better than anybody else Monday-Saturday. If God's word offends you ANYTIME you better do some serious self-reflection.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

WKG wrote:
@ Lala & Nope... "Pastor Fat Wallet" is what Anient Wolf has named me because he is offended by my Christ-related posts. And "KY-Jelly Girl" or something like that that he got from Imposter (the Unisock Puppet) who stopped by for a few slams at me last night. LOL
Btw, "WKG" is W KY Girl.
Wrong, I don't get offended at all. I just don't buy into your belief in a large part of the televised propaganda. Now who is hanging onto someone's coat tail ? Certainly not me.
promises

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

WKG wrote:
<quoted text>
It all comes from the promises that God made to Abraham.
promises promises...do you really but into that nonsense? Reminds me of the promises of Allah of the 72 virgins for the Muslims.
Really, what's the difference? Muslims claim Allah is the same Abrahamic God as the God of the Jews and Christians.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Abeliever. Hope you have minimal trouble with ice. This time, the southern part of Ky got the foul weather, usually it is north, near the river.
Nothing wrong about alluding to a representative. Adults should be able to talk about this, as well as any other subject. I don't "talk politics," but when policy issues directly affect my well-being or pocket book, I don't shy away from discussing these important matters. Take for instance, gun control, higher taxes, increased cost of gas and necessary goods, or first and second Amendment rights of citizens. There is a difference...And no, there is no other thread that addresses these issues. Now those folks on the Rand Paul site are not even "talking politics". They are just bashing each other, and I want no part of that.
You are correct there, usually we get everything since that line of snow/sleet/ice etc they use on the weather map always seems to dip down the northern part of Kentucky. This time the southern part got it.

On the politic statement. I don't like to discuss politics even with family most times, I didn't say I NEVER discussed them. I don't post on any thread on a regular basis outside this one. I do pop into a couple now and then if it is something I feel passionate about to leave a comment (that's about it..."A COMMENT".
You are totally correct in your analogy of the randpaul sites. Mostly bashing, hate, gloom and doom on those sites. Your fake buddy Chicago girl lives on there and I found that out by accident. I think she followed you, Stevie or Whitehair over here since all of them and the bird thread is always on top of the forum. I noticed the anyplace, Illinois posts with the sheep baaa and went back a few pages during similiar times posting on this site. Sure enough. There was the faker spinning locations, United States, anyplace Illinois lots of sheep baaaaing. UNA and Imposter was right FAKE and LIAR. I posted ONE comment on there because I am passionate about it. Ditch Mitch McConnell on the news wanting to redistrict and change voting rules instead of working on the needs of the people he represents. He needs to go. A lot of them on both sides of the isle need to go. Career politicians. There is only one Elizabethtown post that I seen, mine. I don't spin my location or use other people's computers to deceive people like it stated.(Obviously it does along with that phone, possibly why all the locations). Either way, I don't post everyday every other hour like those people do on there. I avoid that site due to all the hate they sling. Pretty sad for all Americans that they come to that over politics. On your statement about those issues you mentioned...all leads to politics and those who make the laws. Not much of a way around it when discussing those issues. However, that is why those threads are on top like the bird thread. I liked that we pretty much avoided those subjects on here and just talked life in general, not issues that divide this country, friends, neighbors and family. United We Stand, Divided We Fall.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

WKG wrote:
Btw, "WKG" is W KY Girl.
Didn't see it, but in the grand scheme of things that's what Topix is known for.
(I don't see any comments like that. Unless I didn't go back far enough).

I was busy yesterday and then just didn't feel like getting on here afterward. It was good to just sit back and let my mind wander off into the abyss.. No T.V., no news, nothing but the quiet and the peace of the world around me outside my own door. I do that occasionally.

It's good to give Topixland over to the general masses at times and allow your mind to heal from the mental assaults of misspellings, hate, rumors, personal attacks, etc.

The nastiness on these more localized threads can make you rethink the mental stability of the geographical populace around you. Most assuredly...
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

WKG wrote:
<quoted text>
Well something must be missing in your reading ability if you have come to believe that it is acceptable to attack another believer for doing what the bible says to do. And even if it wasn't because you we're offended by my Christian posts, what part of the bible instructs you to attack anybody who has done nothing to you??? As I said, pew warmers like you are why people are running from the church. You play all holy on Sunday and you are no better than anybody else Monday-Saturday. If God's word offends you ANYTIME you better do some serious self-reflection.
missing reading ability?
offended over your posts?
pew warmer?
Holy on Sunday?

What part of attack do you not understand ? Maybe it is you that needs to look into the mirror of your soul.
WKG

Bristol, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I have always felt more times than not, people who belong to these larger and very profitable churches are merely supporting a false profit. Perhaps a whole throng of his appointed are as greedy as well.
You can never fully trust a large group when it comes to money and how they handle it. However, when people give their money freely, who are we to judge them for what was actually in their heart when they gave? It's their money, therefore it's their option on how they choose to give it away.
Or throw it away.
Helping to purchase velvet pews or a new Harley for a preacher wont buy your way into the pearly gates. What's in your heart, how you follow your faith and what your actions are here on earth most certainly will.
Just my opinion.
Give me a small, down home, humble church over those crystal cathedrals any day of the week. Many of those pastors from the large and elegant churches get caught up in the fame, which brings fortune, which brings possible deception and corruption. More times than not, that deception leads to their eventual downfall. If not from the pastors standpoint, then from someone else in the 'flock'.
Money = Greed.
Excess money = Trouble from greed.
It's all up to the believer. What they want to implement into their personal life as far as the scripture goes is also up to that same believer. That's the fundamental rights we have, thanks to our freedom of choosing personal religion in the USA.
Some people enjoy the glitz and glamor of these billion dollar pillars of faith.
I can do my best worshiping from home.
I had rather have church with 10 true believers in a barn with a leaking roof and no heat or air conitioning than to set in a million dollar church with a bunch of backbiting fakes with crooks in charge.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

I must add here that I do enjoy listening to Joel Osteen on occasion. He's motivating and his messages on human interaction and living are quite inspiring. However, I've never sent a dime nor purchased a book to support his ministry.

I even used to watch Robert Schuller. I found him to be extremely motivational as well. Again, never did I send a dime of support.
(That was the reasoning behind my reference to those "Crystal Cathedrals).

For some reason, Joyce Meyers doesn't do much for my mental psyche or personal faith. I find her too brassy and harsh, for lack of a better explanation.

(Again, these are just my personal opinions)

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

WKG wrote:
Btw, "WKG" is W KY Girl.
There you go again with your false accusations. Your so called Christ related posts are garbage and fakery as delivered by false teaching tele-evangelists. I can not create IP locations. Imposter is is own person. I have no need of sock puppets, another lie to your credit.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Lala. I hope those aches and pains work on out of you soon. I know how that is. Stein should have woke you up and told you to come to bed huh? haha
Yeah, he should have. Stein is almost human-like. Sometimes he is scary. I've had many dogs in my lifetime, but no other like him. At first I thought my tone of voice tipped him off as to what I was saying. So I started a little experiment. I would talk to him, then sneak in a command, in a normal conversational tone of voice. Boy, he would pick up on that message and immediately do what was asked. I really didn't work on training him any, but he is a super smart dog. It might be that he spends all his waking (and sleeping) time with me and our little guy. He is gentle with the little boy, and super protective of him. I'll bet you that AW's DOG is similar. Hope that you have a calmer day today, and don't worry about whether or not you are liked or disliked. Just be yourself. I really like all the people who post (including UNA). I think that he's really a great, big TEDDY bear. The smelly poot stuff is just a front, I think.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I saw something on the National Geographic channel yesterday that tends to blow racism out of the water, if it is even remotely true.
It said that Scientists had proven that the genetic DNA markers of all man kind can be traced to a population of about 2000 Hadzabe dark skinned natives out of Africa and that changes in those DNA markers have occurred as people spread out to other locations away from Africa.
It was not stating that we came from Apes but that the Adam and Eve story told in the Bible were most likely about African natives. Interesting whether I believe it or not.
My family has a mystery. And I only had a few pieces to the jigsaw puzzle. For many years, I settled with those pieces instead of the real answers.

http://www.ancestryreport.com/unlocking-my-hi...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

73 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min DITCH MITCH 147,011
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min LOL in a suit 128,960
People on social media showing off their perfec... (Jan '14) 26 min AKu 23
john sowders 1 hr homey 2
GRUBB TRUCKING NEW Post 1 hr Ten Four 4
i miss my amy 1 hr Miss Me 9
care giver 1 hr larry amsey 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000